Basic Camping supplies needed... what's in your rv?

Inspired by Runner's hoses thread, I'd like to ask what's in the rest of your rig? We downsized over the winter so our TH is currently totally empty and the old gear from the TT is piled in bins in the basement. We're heading away for the weekend so it's time to start loading.

I'd like to start fresh this time and maybe not put everything that came out of the old TT into the new one. What with gas prices, less weight can only be a good thing, right?

So... what extra items (dishes, pots, pans, linens, flashlights, towels, games, ect)  & how many of each do you keep in your rv?  :-\

Fry pan, griddle pan, tongs, skewers, knife, forks. 

dish detergent

Paper plates, plastic cups, foil and storage bags

we cook outside only so lp grill, lp camp stove, perculator COFFEE and lighter.

Camp chairs and cooler

BEER :heart:

towels, sheets and clothes accordingly

TP

BEER, Patron, Rum, Firefly, Glinfiddich, mixers, BEER :heart:

Ice

Cigars, cutter, lighter :heart:

tickets

sunglasses

Pots and skillets that stay in there

hoping the old crock pot, now that my wife has a new one

plastic containers

cups

plates, cooking sheets

flatware

cutting board

portable grill that I got for Christmas

sheets and towels

medicine cabinet supplies

sun screen

bug spray

spray cleaner (for post-trip cleanups)

napkins and kleenex

That's all I can think of for now.

I have dishes and utensils for 16 but that seems like overkill. Then again, we don't have to look for dishes - or wash them often. What do the rest of you do? I was thinking maybe 2 sets of dishes/utensils for each person? I just saw these microwave soup cups with lids yesterday and thought I'd like to substitute those for bowls this year to make it easier for the kids to handle.

Do you take extra sheets to change them on your vacation or just wash the ones already there?

I have dishes and utensils for 16 but that seems like overkill. Then again, we don't have to look for dishes - or wash them often. What do the rest of you do? I was thinking maybe 2 sets of dishes/utensils for each person? I just saw these microwave soup cups with lids yesterday and thought I'd like to substitute those for bowls this year to make it easier for the kids to handle.

Do you take extra sheets to change them on your vacation or just wash the ones already there?

I have a setting four of the real stuff but use paper and plastic as much as possible. I carry an extra set of sheets cause you never know.

A spatula , large spoon. slotted spoon, fork and ladle. A good paring knife and a decent knife set.

I used to have a lot more but as the years went by I took out the things that I seldom or never used. Keep it simple it makes your camping experience better.

If I know I am going with a group I bring whatever extra I think I might need.

Silverware for 8, assorted pots, fry pan, 1 crockpot, COFFEE MAKER, plates, bowls (various sizes), cutting board, measuring cups, measuring spoons, zip-loc containers (various sizes), zip-loc bags (snack, sandwich, gallon) alum foil, saran wrap, coffee mugs (Disney & otherwise), lp grill, cooking utensils, kitchen & steak knives, plastic glasses (Tervis Tumblers), paper plates & Solo cups. 

Lotsa towels, sheets, extra blankets, a couple of afghans (not live ones - but crocheted), TP, paper towels, napkins, kleenex, trash bags. Holding tank de-stinky stuff (very important). Toiletries, blow dryer, toothbrushes & paste, mouthwash. Vacuum cleaner. Broom for outside. Patio Lights. Tool kit with lotsa zip ties. Extra 12 volt light bulbs. First Aid Kit. I quit keeping OTC meds in the MH because I found some Pepto Bismal tabs that were 3 years out of date.  :heart:

I keep two sweatshirts, 2 rain ponchos, slippers, extra crocs, PJ's & robe, 2 small umbrellas.  About 40 DVD's (for my DH - I don't care about movies) Our pillows go in each trip - we're partial to our pillows. Wynottah & Sully. Extra phone charger, alarm clock, cat food bowls, litter box & extra litter. E-Z Up awning. Chairs, tablecloth for picnic table and the clips to hold the tablecloth on the table.  Seasonally appropriate decorations. My "new & improved" Fort Fiend Sign!! :heart:

I keep no food items in the MH - for the same reason I don't keep OTC meds.  :heart:

Food items, libations, and clothing go in each trip and get unloaded after the trip.

I think that's it - other than the outside hook-up stuff.

Do libations afghani get UNloaded AFTER the trip? :banana:

We don't have that issue >:(

Same here regarding not leaving ANY food pruduct (including seasonings) and OTC/bath products in RV.

That goes without saying here. Ever tried frozen shampoo, kinda loses some of it's oomph :banana:

When we moved up in size from the hybrid to the new TT, I swore I wasn't putting anything else in the new camper that wasn't in the old.  We'd done 3 weeks in the hybrid several times and managed just fine.

So far so good!  This stuff stays packed all the time...

Kitchen Stuff -

1 cheap, nonstick frying pan

1 skillet

1 decent sized sauce pan (2-3 qt?)

1 cheap stock pot (you never know when an impromptu lobster bake will break out!)

Electric perc coffee pot

Stove top perc  coffee pot (for dry camping)

paper plates

assortment of big acrylic cups and a few favorite coffee cups

a few cheap plastic serving bowls

set of flatware (not a big fan of the plastic stuff)

1 decent chef knife and a few cheap steak knives

random spatulas, spoons, tongs and ladles - only what fits in the crock on the counter

cutting board

scissors

sewing kit

zip ties

matches

packing/electrical tape

batteries

can opener

aluminum foil

ziploc bags

garbage bags

pie iron

skewers

dog dishes

Bath -

Set of towels

Bath mat

Bath cleaner

Packets of shampoo (I grab extra samples from the hair salon)

Liquid soap (for the sink and tub)

Toothpaste

Bath cleaner

Medicine cab = tylenol, motrin, allergy, nyquil, saline solution (contacts)

Broom

Swiffer

Bedroom -

Extra set of sheets

Extra blankets (lightweight fleece work great)

Extra jacket and/or sweatshirts

Bar -

well, it's a bar... use your imagination

Dogs -

Basket of toys (stays in camper)

No spill water bowl

Frisbees

Kongs

Extra leashes/collars

Brush (doubles as a carpet de-hairing tool)

Misc -

Movies

Jar candles

Playing cards

Dominoes

Food stuff that stays in during camping season -

coffee

pasta

sugar

tea

soup mix

small collection of all purpose seasonings

fixins' for smores

peanut butter

popcorn (microwave and jiffy pop)

crystal light (for margaritas!)

And yes - all of that fit in a 20' hybrid!  :)

I think my wife has doulbe of everything 1 set in the house and the other in the 5th wheel, pray for me because she had a Pampered Chef party over the weekend, can't wait to see what she'll get this time :)

Let's see.....

Under the sink I have a plastic tray with various kitchen utensils, a can opener, a corkscrew, cutting board, Measuring cups, etc. (The plastic tray came as a set of kitchen stuff from Wal-Mart.) Duck Tape, and electrical tape. The Mickey teapot and the paper towels travel under the sink but sit on the counter upon arrival.

In a rack mounted to that cabinet door I have Windex, dishwashing liquid, oil, bleach, and bug spray

In a rack mounted behind the sink I have some spices and toothpicks.

I have hand soap and sanitizer in pump containers mounted to the countertop.

I have a scrubby in a suction cup in the sink.

In the cabinet under the stove I have the dish drain rack, and my Mickey chip and dip tray and a table cloth.

In the cabinet next to the fridge I have a set of 8 plastic plates, bowls, cups, a small set of cookware, a fry pan, dish cloths.

In a set of plastic drawers in that same cabinet I have all kinds of crap.  Silverware for 8, 8 steak knives, serving spoons, Mickey Swizel Sticks, Mickey Spoon Rest, Stick lighter, screwdrivers, wire cutters, pliers, extra camper bulbs, scissors, extra string light bulbs, my toothbrush (since my only sink is in the kitchen)

In the cupboards over the sink, I have aluminum foil, ziploc bags, rubber gloves, travel coffee mugs, mickey drink glasses, a tupperware bin of hot chocolate, oatmeal, breakfast bars, and some canned goods.

The box of garbage bags travels inside the toaster oven.

I have a closet in the front of the camper that has a set of drawers in it.

I put clothes in some of the drawers and in some of the drawers there is more crap. My deoderant, various camera and cell phone chargers, hairbrush, mirror, fingernail clips, sunscreen, buttons, stickers, and pins I collect on campouts, Fort Fiends cards, measuring tape.  Beside the drawers I have a couple of collapsible garbage cans, and a lightweight camera tripod. A couple of pens and sharpies.

I have a small little cubby next to the portapotty, in there is TP, first aid kit, portapotty chemicals, fuses, lithium grease, RV goop, and a set of small allen wrenches.  In the larger storage bin on the other side of the portapotty go the shower bags, wheel chocks, electric fan, a HUGE bag of zip ties, and a couple of shop towels. In the shower bags are appropriate toiletries, camping pajamas, camping towels, shower shoes, and slippers.

In the cupboards above the front bench is the coax cable, some DVDs, the reservation information for that particular trip and my lanyard with AP, Photopass, Rainforest Safari Card, and TiW card. Laundry detergent and dryer sheets, and a few rolls of quarters.

I only have one set of linens for the camper.  We just wash for each trip.

I have an outside storage door on the driver side where I access the power cord.

I have an outside storage door on the passenger side where I access water hoses.  I have a PVC pipe mounted on the front for the stinky slinky.

Awnings, chairs, portable tables, rugs, all go in the truck, and a I have a couple of rubber bins for extension cords, power strips, stakes, rubber mallet, decorations.

Reading this makes me realize that I *really* need to go out there and do some serious pulling of stuff that I shoved in there because I MIGHT need it.....  I mean, do I truly need two drink pitchers?  Two skillets?

I do carry 2 sets of bedding though.... in case we have guests, they can bunk on the sofa in relative comfort.  :rofl2:

When I got the MH we bought a lot of stuff to much. So when we upgraded to the TT we only put the basics in it and left the rest in storage.  We then went on a few trips if we needed something we would write it down and get it out of storage. After many trips we had a lot of stuff we never used or needed. I found it a great way to weed out stuff and free up space and weight.

Lotsa towels, sheets, extra blankets, a couple of afghans (not live ones - but crocheted)

I know I should be embarrassed to tell this, but.....I had to read this statement 3 times before I got it. :dance:  I think it's time for another cup of coffee!

Thanks for sharing this ya'll.  I'm always taking notes for the camper that I'll own one day....(insert dreaming smiley). 

Lotsa towels, sheets, extra blankets, a couple of afghans (not live ones - but crocheted)

I know I should be embarrassed to tell this, but.....I had to read this statement 3 times before I got it. :rofl2:  I think it's time for another cup of coffee!

Thanks for sharing this ya'll.  I'm always taking notes for the camper that I'll own one day....(insert dreaming smiley).

:( :dance:

I know I should be embarrassed to tell this, but.....I had to read this statement 3 times before I got it. :(  I think it's time for another cup of coffee!

:dance: :(

I come by it honest.  I am blonde.  8)

I know I should be embarrassed to tell this, but.....I had to read this statement 3 times before I got it. :rofl2:  I think it's time for another cup of coffee!

:parrot: :tool:

I come by it honest.  I am blonde.  ::)

Been there done that, Liv. Just last week as a matter of fact :rofl2: Um ya I'm a blonde too :)

What's in our TT?  TOOOOO DAMN MUCH!!!!  It is crazy how much crap we take with us, some times we actually have to go out to the camper to get things we don't even have in the house!!!

Ain't this the truth! That's whay I'm doing now is decluttering our camper, we have more towels in the camper than in our house and that's just plain silly so I'm working on getting some of it in the house this week. Plus dishes we always eat on paper plates so why do I have 25 plastic plates in the rv??

Reading this makes me realize that I *really* need to go out there and do some serious pulling of stuff that I shoved in there because I MIGHT need it.....  I mean, do I truly need two drink pitchers?  Two skillets?

I do carry 2 sets of bedding though.... in case we have guests, they can bunk on the sofa in relative comfort.  :))

I spent 2 years cramming everything under the sun into the hybrid.  Then 2 years emptying out the stuff we never used.