Post Your Pictures From the Fort Here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been keeping up with events at FW very well lately.  In light of earlier rumors and submitted plans, I was surprised to see the TCD horse barn closed while they are replacing the roof.  What's the latest on a new barn being built up front near the Outpost??

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

Tony samething I saw over the last weekend

I haven't been keeping up with events at FW very well lately.  In light of earlier rumors and submitted plans, I was surprised to see the TCD horse barn closed while they are replacing the roof.  What's the latest on a new barn being built up front near the Outpost??

Great photos, Tony.

The new horse barn project went all the way to getting a permit issued by SWFWMD, and then went nowhere.

Fellow Fiends Buckeye Fort Fan and Buckeye Fort Mama reported speaking to a high up CM over their Easter break, and heard that the project was officially pulled.

All indications, including this new roof, seem to be consistent with the fact that there is not going to be a new horse barn.

TCD

Great photos, Tony.

The new horse barn project went all the way to getting a permit issued by SWFWMD, and then went nowhere.

Fellow Fiends Buckeye Fort Fan and Buckeye Fort Mama reported speaking to a high up CM over their Easter break, and heard that the project was officially pulled.

All indications, including this new roof, seem to be consistent with the fact that there is not going to be a new horse barn.

TCD

Moving the barn was a necessary to make room for the new Vacation Club Resort we saw plans for, way back when.  Remember all of the survey markers, and the rumors that swirled about that?  I guess that too has been pulled.

Farmer Mickey was 'OK', but not really what The Fort is all about.......IMHO. ;)

DSC_0076.jpg
DSC_0074.jpg

Agreed!  This is much better.  :)

Moving the barn was a necessary to make room for the new Vacation Club Resort we saw plans for, way back when.  Remember all of the survey markers, and the rumors that swirled about that?  I guess that too has been pulled.

All signs point to those plans being at least on hold, if not shelved completely.

Makes me homesick!

Yeah, something about Baylake with TCD's crane in the distance just puts a lump in the old Wallaroo.

I love wagon wheel lights.  We actually had one in our kitchen growing up....which wasn't all that unusual in the early 70's.  Always thought it was a cool combination of Johnny Cash and Ponderosa Steakhouse. 

Are there any Ponderosa steakhouses still in business?  There are none left around me.  I used to love that place when I was a kid.

DSC_0321_zpsaf02cb4c.jpg

Is that horse in one of the pony enclosures?

Great photo, Todd.

TCD