For the first time ever, I was able to get a Halloween reservation at FW. YAY!! MNSSHP is my favorite event, and I've never been on Halloween. I'm trying to decide between getting MNSSHP tickets for Halloween night or for the 29th. How are the Halloween activities and trick or treating at FW? My kids are 7 & 9 and love trick or treating. Will there be enough Halloween activities at FW throughout the night to keep them entertained? We definitely will enter the golf cart parade, but that seems to happen pretty early. I don't want to miss out on FW activities by going to MNSSHP, but want to make sure there is enough going on to keep my kids busy. 

12 minutes ago, martindi said:

For the first time ever, I was able to get a Halloween reservation at FW. YAY!! MNSSHP is my favorite event, and I've never been on Halloween. I'm trying to decide between getting MNSSHP tickets for Halloween night or for the 29th. How are the Halloween activities and trick or treating at FW? My kids are 7 & 9 and love trick or treating. Will there be enough Halloween activities at FW throughout the night to keep them entertained? We definitely will enter the golf cart parade, but that seems to happen pretty early. I don't want to miss out on FW activities by going to MNSSHP, but want to make sure there is enough going on to keep my kids busy. 

This is a no brainer.

Definitely do not pay $100+ a ticket to go to MNSSHP on Halloween night.

The Fort is a blast on Halloween night.

TCD

MNSSHP is a great event, but it pales in comparison to the Fort on Halloween night. My children have had so much fun during Halloween night at the Fort that they begged to go back this year after missing it this past year and the oldest is 19 and the youngest is 11. I am sure we will go to MNSSHP but it will not be Halloween night.

If you are at the Fort on Halloween, you would be making a huge mistake by going to the parks and missing all of the assorted activities at the Fort.

It's one of the biggest events of the year, and they have started spreading out the fun on 2 or 3 days and not just on Halloween itself.

Look back on some of the past Halloween activity guides to get an idea of what is in store for you.

Do we know for sure that the golf cart parade will be back on 10/31 this year?

I've been unable to get a campsite reservation for that week, though I'm still looking. If staying elsewhere on Disney property, would you still recommend doing MNSSHP on another night to be at FW on the evening of 10/31? Alternatively, if we don't care about getting to MNSSHP before 7:00, would it be a mess to see the parade from 5:00-6:00 or so and then arrive at the party around 7ish? We've never been to WDW that week, and I'd love to go to the party on Halloween night if it wouldn't mean missing all of the FW fun too, the golf cart parade being my goal. (We'll have plenty of other MK time so MK time before the official party start time is really not a factor.)

Thank you!

On May 13, 2017 at 1:17 AM, Roberta said:

We are spending our first Halloween at the Fort too! 

I really want to bring my grandchildren over for the couple days around Halloween. I didn't realize the Fort did anything special. I thought just the guests took trick or treat upon themselves. 

Golf cart parade, dog costume contest, trick or treat, special campfire movie with a surprise guest, pumpkin decorating contest

On 5/12/2017 at 3:55 PM, martindi said:

Thanks all! We will stay put at the Fort on Halloween! 

Great decision!  I was going to jump in and vote for that... definitely save the money and just have fun at The Fort.  Halloween is crazy there :P

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:38 PM, alchris said:

Do we know for sure that the golf cart parade will be back on 10/31 this year?

I've been unable to get a campsite reservation for that week, though I'm still looking. If staying elsewhere on Disney property, would you still recommend doing MNSSHP on another night to be at FW on the evening of 10/31? Alternatively, if we don't care about getting to MNSSHP before 7:00, would it be a mess to see the parade from 5:00-6:00 or so and then arrive at the party around 7ish? We've never been to WDW that week, and I'd love to go to the party on Halloween night if it wouldn't mean missing all of the FW fun too, the golf cart parade being my goal. (We'll have plenty of other MK time so MK time before the official party start time is really not a factor.)

Thank you!

This is a sore subject.

The "FW Fun" is for people who are paying to stay at Fort Wilderness.

It has become a real problem with off-site guests and even locals showing up and crashing the party.

If you're not staying at the Fort, enjoy the activities at your resort.  All of the WDW resorts have activities for Halloween. 

If you want to go to the MNSSHP, it would be a bad idea to wait until 7 pm to go.  Your MNSSHP ticket allows you to enter the MK as early as 4 pm. The parties on Halloween night always sell out, so you want to get there and get in to the park as early as possible.

TCD

6 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

This is a sore subject.

The "FW Fun" is for people who are paying to stay at Fort Wilderness.

It has become a real problem with off-site guests and even locals showing up and crashing the party.

If you're not staying at the Fort, enjoy the activities at your resort.  All of the WDW resorts have activities for Halloween. 

If you want to go to the MNSSHP, it would be a bad idea to wait until 7 pm to go.  Your MNSSHP ticket allows you to enter the MK as early as 4 pm. The parties on Halloween night always sell out, so you want to get there and get in to the park as early as possible.

TCD

Thank you! I'll keep trying, no worries. I'm a rule follower, and I totally get the frustration and anger too. But I'm mentally preparing a Plan A and B since MNSSHP tickets would have to be purchased months in advance for that week. The only FW-specific event that we're interested in is the golf cart parade. We'd watch from a friend's campsite if we're unable to get our own, but she doesn't have insight about the exact date yet for this year which is why I ask if it's confirmed to be back on 10/31 this year.

For what it's worth, we have plenty of other MK time so we don't need to get there before the official party start, and we've seen the bottleneck on party evenings plenty of times so I'm considering that too! We wouldn't be doing any other Halloween activities besides MNSSHP. I just want to make sure that if I go ahead and get MNSSHP tickets for that night I'm not screwing up my Plan A. Ideally we'd already have a campsite in which case I'd get party tickets for another night, but alas. I'm having to do a mental shift! Thank you again!

Just now, alchris said:

Thank you so much! And my apologies for detouring the post. :)

It's Fortfiend's If we didnt have a thread get hijacked I think we would get confused.

Btw if you want I can add you to the list I maintain of clients looking to get campsites. I am a travel agent and sponsor for FF.net and would be happy to try and help you. Send me a message here or at [email protected]

Either way I hope you get in and maybe stop by to say Hi!

3 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

It's Fortfiend's If we didnt have a thread get hijacked I think we would get confused.

Btw if you want I can add you to the list I maintain of clients looking to get campsites. I am a travel agent and sponsor for FF.net and would be happy to try and help you. Send me a message here or at [email protected]

Either way I hope you get in and maybe stop by to say Hi!

Haha, thank you! And thanks to Murphy's Law, right after I posted, I was able to get a premium site for Monday and Tuesday. I'll keep working on more, but just those is awesome. Thank you again for your help!

40 minutes ago, alchris said:

Thank you! I'll keep trying, no worries. I'm a rule follower, and I totally get the frustration and anger too. But I'm mentally preparing a Plan A and B since MNSSHP tickets would have to be purchased months in advance for that week. The only FW-specific event that we're interested in is the golf cart parade. We'd watch from a friend's campsite if we're unable to get our own, but she doesn't have insight about the exact date yet for this year which is why I ask if it's confirmed to be back on 10/31 this year.

For what it's worth, we have plenty of other MK time so we don't need to get there before the official party start, and we've seen the bottleneck on party evenings plenty of times so I'm considering that too! We wouldn't be doing any other Halloween activities besides MNSSHP. I just want to make sure that if I go ahead and get MNSSHP tickets for that night I'm not screwing up my Plan A. Ideally we'd already have a campsite in which case I'd get party tickets for another night, but alas. I'm having to do a mental shift! Thank you again!

It sure does stink that you have to plan so early, and that MNSSHP tickets are non-refundable.

If your friend with a campsite doesn't have 10 guests on her reservation, and she has room to, she could add you and your family as registered guests on to her reservation.  That way, you're not a freeloader, and you're able to partake in all the Fort has to offer on Halloween night.

TCD

14 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

It sure does stink that you have to plan so early, and that MNSSHP tickets are non-refundable.

If your friend with a campsite doesn't have 10 guests on her reservation, and she has room to, she could add you and your family as registered guests on to her reservation.  That way, you're not a freeloader, and you're able to partake in all the Fort has to offer on Halloween night.

TCD

Planning early for campsites I get, but the non-refundable/non-exchangeable party tickets are rough. I guess it works for Disney though! That was the backup plan, exactly. Thank you again!

On 5/15/2017 at 4:30 PM, alchris said:

Planning early for campsites I get, but the non-refundable/non-exchangeable party tickets are rough. I guess it works for Disney though! That was the backup plan, exactly. Thank you again!

Maybe it's a trend that Disney started or a Millennial thing, but I see more places booking reservations far far in advance.  Never really noticed this trend that much it in the past.

They have been advertising a concert coming into Tampa for March 2018 and tickets are already on sale!

I have a hard time knowing what I'm doing tomorrow let alone almost a year in the future!

51 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Maybe it's a trend that Disney started or a Millennial thing, but I see more places booking reservations far far in advance.  Never really noticed this trend that much it in the past.

They have been advertising a concert coming into Tampa for March 2018 and tickets are already on sale!

I have a hard time knowing what I'm doing tomorrow let alone almost a year in the future!

The earlier they can sell tickets, the longer they have your money.  

I've only been camping a couple years, but during that time I've been surprised at how far out people book campsites--both at the Fort and on ReserveAmerica. I've given up on ever camping in the Keys ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, martindi said:

I've only been camping a couple years, but during that time I've been surprised at how far out people book campsites--both at the Fort and on ReserveAmerica. I've given up on ever camping in the Keys ?

The problem is two fold, extremely high RV sales over the last couple years and cancellation policies are far too relaxed.