I seriously considered putting this in the debate thread.  But, I will leave it here.

http://www.disneyaddicts.com/am-i-allowed-to-swim-at-a-resort-other-than-the-one-i-am-staying-at-103/

For those staying at Walt Disney World, the large central pool areas at each of the resorts are a massive on-site perk. Each pool on Disney property is unique and boasts some fantastic features. From Disney Yacht and Beach Clubs’ massive water playground Stormalong Bay to the giant sea serpent slide at Port Orleans French Quarter,  these amenities add an extra dose of magic to your Disney vacation.  Therefore its no surprise that visitors to Walt Disney World frequently ask:

If I’m staying at a Disney resort can I use the pool areas at one of the other resorts? 

Sadly the answer to the this question (for the most part) is No.  Walt Disney world does boast an open resort policy meaning that visitors staying on property are able to visit and enjoy the other resorts.  Whether its viewing the animals at Animal Kingdom Lodge, having afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian or going on a carriage ride at Port Orleans Riverside guests have the ability to take in as many of these fantastic resorts as time will allow. The only exception to this is the pool areas. With the advent of Magic Bands, new resorts like Art of Animation or any resort having gone through a recent refurbishment will have gates that scan the bands only allowing those with a valid resort reservation into the pool areas.  Or at Stormalong Bay, there are Cast Members on hand that will check to make sure you are staying at the Yacht or Beach Club Resorts.

There are a few notable exceptions to this namely with resorts that fall into Disney’s sister resort category. They are as follows:

• Visitors to Disney’s All Star Resorts (All Star Sports, All Star Music and All Star Movies) are able to enjoy the pools at any of the other All Stars.
  • Guests at Port Orleans French Quarter and Port Orleans Riverside also have the option of using the pools at both locations.

However during peak periods,  Walt Disney World reserves the right to restrict pool access only to guests at that specific hotel. So those staying in one of the sister hotels during the Summer holidays may not be afforded this option.

There are two exceptions to the “No Pool Hopping” policy outlined above.  The first is that if your pool is undergoing a refurbishment Disney will arrange for pool privileges at a nearby Disney resort.  The second is that pool hopping is a perk of being a DVC member.   However there are some notable restrictions.  DVC owners cannot pool hop at the following locations:

• Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort
  • Uzima Pool at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Leisure Pool at Disney’s Beach Club Resort
  • Samawati Springs at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village
  • Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower
  • Nanea Volcano Pool at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • The Cooper Creek Springs Pool at Wilderness Lodge
  • The Pools at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

Pool hopping is available to DVC members and guests that are staying using their DVC points at any Walt Disney World resort.  Proof of eligibility may be required in the form of Magic Bands or member ID cards.  Again members may be asked to leave the pool during peak periods and should consult Disney Vacation Club regarding potential black out dates. Blackout dates for the remainder of this year are as follows:

• September 1, 2017 through September 4, 2017
  • November 20, 2017 through November 25, 2017
  • December 22, 2017 through January 2, 2018

1 hour ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

The left out the part that it seems to be ok for anybody, regardless if they're staying at the fort or not to use the fort pools.  Lol.  

Sigh... that and crowded/loud campsites are the two largest cons (for our family) at The Fort.  So, so frustrating.  Heck... at The Fort, I don't think you even have to be a guest of ANY Disney property.  Just a local who decides to wander in :angry:

2 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

The left out the part that it seems to be ok for anybody, regardless if they're staying at the fort or not to use the fort pools.  Lol.  

THIS ^^^  is why I considered putting it in the debate thread, lol.

ETA: But continue your banter here.  :P

I know, in the past I've gone swimming in pools at resorts I'm not a guest at.  

With the new gates I think a lot of this has been eliminated.  

As for the fort pool, Disney must not see it as a huge issue or they would put up gates at the campground pools like they do at the resorts...

17 hours ago, bdm said:

With the new gates I think a lot of this has been eliminated.  

I can attest to the fact that you have to scan your band at the main Poly pool.  However that doesn't mean one person with a valid MB can't bring a bunch of their friends.

Not the case at Beach/Yacht.  The 2 days we used the pool there the gates were opened and unmanned BUT... there was a CM going around with a scanner checking bands and giving out wristbands.

13 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I can attest to the fact that you have to scan your band at the main Poly pool.  However that doesn't mean one person with a valid MB can't bring a bunch of their friends.

Not the case at Beach/Yacht.  The 2 days we used the pool there the gates were opened and unmanned BUT... there was a CM going around with a scanner checking bands and giving out wristbands.

We are going to the Yacht Club and made a third party reservation for 2 adults 1 child.  The reservation cannot be modified thru them once we booked it.

We now have a second granddaughter coming with us and I can't add her on to my reservation on MDE, and when we called Disney reservations, they said they can't modify the reservation and add her either.

Any ideas how to get her into the pool area?  Will the front desk issue her a MB?. Do I just give her another one of my other granddaughters MBs?  She has her own MBs, but none with her.

The rooms allow 2 adults and 2 children.  It's not like we are bringing in a dozen extra people.

6 minutes ago, Travisma said:

We are going to the Yacht Club and made a third party reservation for 2 adults 1 child.  The reservation cannot be modified thru them once we booked it.

We now have a second granddaughter coming with us and I can't add her on to my reservation on MDE, and when we called Disney reservations, they said they can't modify the reservation and add her either.

Any ideas how to get her into the pool area?  Will the front desk issue her a MB?. Do I just give her another one of my other granddaughters MBs?  She has her own MBs, but none with her.

The rooms allow 2 adults and 2 children.  It's not like we are bringing in a dozen extra people.

You can definitely add her at the check-in desk, and they can give her a gray MB.

But, even if you don't, the last time I stayed at the Yacht Club, they did have a CM stationed at the pool entry gate, and each guest had to have a MagicBand, which they scanned.  One per group was not enough.  I was there with two of my guests, and we only had two MB's between us, because I told one of them that they didn't need to bring their MB.  Rather than go all the way back to the room, I gave my MB to one of my guests, and they both entered.  One of them then passed me my MB back through the fence, and I walked up, was scanned and issued a wristband, and in I went.  To heck with having to go all the way back to the room for another MB!

What time are you going to be at the pool?  You can pass me a MB through the fence!  Or you could help pay for your room by offering to rent out your MB's.

TCD

46 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

You can definitely add her at the check-in desk, and they can give her a gray MB.

But, even if you don't, the last time I stayed at the Yacht Club, they did have a CM stationed at the pool entry gate, and each guest had to have a MagicBand, which they scanned.  One per group was not enough.  I was there with two of my guests, and we only had two MB's between us, because I told one of them that they didn't need to bring their MB.  Rather than go all the way back to the room, I gave my MB to one of my guests, and they both entered.  One of them then passed me my MB back through the fence, and I walked up, was scanned and issued a wristband, and in I went.  To heck with having to go all the way back to the room for another MB!

What time are you going to be at the pool?  You can pass me a MB through the fence!  Or you could help pay for your room by offering to rent out your MB's.

TCD

If the grand kids have their way, and the weather cooperates, we will be there from check-in until they close the pool!

I think the neighbors two blocks away heard them scream when they found out we were going to the hotel with the big fancy pool.

20 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

As long as you're on a room only reservation (not a package with dining and/or tickets) you should be fine adding her at check-in.

If you had a package, that wouldn't work as everyone on your reservation needs to have the same package. And I know that at Y&B anyway, if you're on a package and can only add someone as a "day guest" they don't get pool access.

8 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

As long as you're on a room only reservation (not a package with dining and/or tickets) you should be fine adding her at check-in.

If you had a package, that wouldn't work as everyone on your reservation needs to have the same package. And I know that at Y&B anyway, if you're on a package and can only add someone as a "day guest" they don't get pool access.

Nope, room only, one night only.

I can understand Disney not being able to modify my third party reservation, but didn't understand why they couldn't add her onto my Disney confirmation.

Guess I'll be making a trip to the front desk after all.

How strict are they with MB access?  I have extras for my other granddaughter that are linked to my MDE account.  If she goes in and them my other granddaughter tries to use a different band with the same name, will the pool police come over and block her entrance?

36 minutes ago, Travisma said:

How strict are they with MB access?  I have extras for my other granddaughter that are linked to my MDE account.  If she goes in and them my other granddaughter tries to use a different band with the same name, will the pool police come over and block her entrance?

I can tell you how it went when I was there in June, 2016.  They had a CM stationed at the entry gate for the pool.  She had a hand-held scanner, and each person who wanted to enter the pool area had to have a MB showing he/she was a resort guest.  As I stated above, we didn't know that they scanned every MB (it's not like that at other WDW pools), so I let one of my guests use my MB while I waited outside the fence.  After he entered, my guest then handed my MB through the fence, and I used it to enter. After being scanned, guests are issued waterproof paper wristbands, and after you have the wristband (new color each day), you can come and go without being scanned.  So, two people used my MB to enter the pool within a few minutes' time, and it did not cause any issue.  I don't think the CM with the scanner is looking at names-just if the MB is registered to a Yacht/Beach Club guest.

TCD