A few photos of the construction taking place at the Wilderness Pool.

Not much to see. Looks as if they are replacing concrete along the side walls

and will be putting in new concrete deck around the pool and concrete steps.

DSCN6336.jpg

DSCN6333.jpg

DSCN6330.jpg

DSCN6331.jpg

DSCN6332.jpg

DSCN6341.jpg

DSCN6340.jpg

DSCN6339.jpg

DSCN6338.jpg

DSCN6337.jpg

DSCN6334.jpg

That is some great photo journalism there!

I would love to see a shot of the pool bottom.

I have this suspicion that they are going to make the pool a uniform depth-like they did at the Meadow pool- no more deep end.

This is a much bigger renovation than I suspected. Since they just put in the hot tub less than two years ago, I figured they were going to leave this pool alone for a while.

I figured wrong.

TCD

It's scheduled to reopen on 6/11. Would they have enough time to redo the bottom?

Yes, I think they would. When they did this at the Meadow pool, it just involved installing a new drain/intake at the former deep end. Then they just filled it in and resurfaced the whole thing. They don't have to do any excavating or anything-just a little plumbing and fill. If anyone is able to look into the pool now, you would be able to see if they were putting in new plumbing. This photo gives a pretty good illustration of what the new plumbing would look like:

ValentinesDayPresidentsDay2009340.jpg

TCD

It's scheduled to reopen on 6/11. Would they have enough time to redo the bottom?

Yes, I think they would. When they did this at the Meadow pool, it just involved installing a new drain/intake at the former deep end. Then they just filled it in and resurfaced the whole thing. They don't have to do any excavating or anything-just a little plumbing and fill. If anyone is able to look into the pool now, you would be able to see if they were putting in new plumbing. This photo gives a pretty good illustration of what the new plumbing would look like:

ValentinesDayPresidentsDay2009340.jpg

As you can see, the lights and return jets remain in place, they just raised the drains/intakes, and then filled it in.

TCD

That is some great photo journalism there!

I would love to see a shot of the pool bottom.

I have this suspicion that they are going to make the pool a uniform depth-like they did at the Meadow pool- no more deep end.

This is a much bigger renovation than I suspected. Since they just put in the hot tub less than two years ago, I figured they were going to leave this pool alone for a while.

I figured wrong.

TCD

I agree. I would be VERY surprised if they didn't eliminate the deep end since I had 2 different CM's tell me that was the deciding factor in getting the go-ahead for the Meadows Pool "Upgrade".....

Of course I wasn't able to get that confirmed by a Bus Driver, so........ ;)

B)B)B)B)B)

Looks like TCD was correct and this pool will be the same depth as the Meadows pool.

As reported in Dave's TR the Gunite trucks were back again today.

Check out the top edge of the pool and the height of the man standing inside.

DSCN6709.jpg

DSCN6707.jpg

DSCN6704.jpg

DSCN6710.jpg

DSCN6714.jpg

Tri-B Reporting LIVE from the Fort