We have been to WDW and the Fort many times in the past ten or so years. We have never gone to DTD. What do you recommend to see there with three young teens in wheelchairs? I know there's a LegoLand and the Earl of Sandwich. What else? Isn't there a DTD bus from the Outpost?

Most of these cost $$$....

Characters in Flight - hot air balloon

World of Disney - shopping for any souvenirs - make sure you look up at the characters hanging from the ceiling like Aladdin and Jasmine on the magic carpet.

Christmas Shop - pick out a Christmas ornament and have it decorated with your name, year, pixie dust

Pin Traders - buy/trade pins (has some Disney figures where you can take your picture)

AMC Movie Theaters (over on the west side)

DisneyQuest - electronic gaming

Ridemakerz - build your own remote control car/truck

Magnetron - this is the place to go if you're looking for a special magnet

Once Upon a Toy - all kinds of toys (Mr Potato Head and Buzz Lightyear statue outside to take pictures with) - check out the dump trucks over the sign

Rainforest Cafe - usually has large parrots outside for pictures. You can wander inside and check out the fish tanks

Arribas Brothers - watch glass artist at work making figurines, another glass artist does name engraving

Lego Store - has indoor/outdoor areas where you can build with legos, there are 5 or 6 large figures made from legos outside for photo ops

Boat ride - down Buena Vista Lagoon that goes to Port Orleans, Key West and Saratoga Springs resorts

Street performers - sometimes you will find magicians and such roaming DTD (usually summer weekends)

The whole complex is nice to go through. The only thing I will caution you about is in the evening it can get very crowded. It may be difficult to maneuver 3 wheelchairs through the crowds unless they are in motorized chairs and can operate the chairs independent of assistance.

Yeah, get there early in the am - we usually arrive about 9. Most stores are open around 9:30.

Remember the free samples at Ghiradelli Chocolates.

Wolfgang Puck Express is right near Earl of Sandwich. It has a very nice grownup Mac and Cheese. I order it as a side dish with a salad.

House of Blues is all the way at the other end of DTD. You can get the boat from there back to the other end where all the shops are.

And there is also a place in DTD to take cool photos.... it's Christmas themed, so you can plan ahead for your Christmas cards!! Who remembers where that place is??

There's a store near Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express that is primarily Christmas decorations. I haven't noticed a place to take Christmas photos, though.

There's a store near Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express that is primarily Christmas decorations. I haven't noticed a place to take Christmas photos, though.

It's in the same general area over by the parking lot - Mickey and friends that look like snowmen, I believe.

It might be fun to let each create their own treats at Goofy's Candy Company.

You can choose dipped apples, pretzel sticks, rice crispe treats, marshmallows, or cookies and have it coated in chocolate, then topped with a variety of sprinkles, nuts, cookie crumbs, candy, ect. The prices are fairly reasonable and we all love eating the results! :parrot:

Also, when I need to bring back a token souvie for someone, that's usually what we choose - it's always a hit back home.

We 2nd T-Rex! This was awesome. The kids absolutely loved it. so did the big kids :rolleyes:

We (DW and I) tried Fultons Crab House and liked it. I didn't like the prices, but I guess that is to be expected.

Loved Lego Land!!

We had tickets to Disney Quest and that was fun. It is a big arcade, but I don't think we would do it again.

Agree with a lot of what's been posted already.

Goofy's Candy is a must stop for us. I'm a big fan of the covered pretzels and usually drive the poor CM crazy mixing up a different concoction for each (btw, Butterfinger goes great with EVERYTHING)

Try Fulton's for lunch if you want to save a little $. Menu is slightly different but still very good. And if you want you can order most anything off the dinner menu (at dinner prices). We ate in the bar area and the atmosphere was very cool.

5212317458_267078b9cf_z.jpg

5211720775_cab39e624a_z.jpg

5211730843_6361305089_z.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last year DH and I decided to do our own little mini-Food and Wine at DTD. We started with splitting a Medianoche Sandwich/Fries at Bongos walk up window - delicious, fresh, BIG portion and cheap by WDW prices. Also a good spot to sit out and people watch on the West Side.

Then we sat at the bar at House of Blues and split an order of calamari (way too salty!!) and a couple of drinks.

Then onto drinks/apps on the deck at Paradiso 37. Their app menu is fun and it's a great place to spend some time on a nice day. They also often have live music.

5221884846_661d6c25d3_z.jpg

Ended with bread pudding and a beer sampler at Raglan Road.

No pics of that but I can tell you that is the BEST-BREAD-PUDDING-EVAH!!

We've also done the balloon ride in the past. I previously posted info/pics in THIS THREAD

It's not a proper WDW vacation without a lunch at Earl and an hour or two at Disney's Days of Christmas.

This is the photo spot mentioned above:

DowntownDisneyChristmas.jpg

No, I don't know these people... I just Googled the spot. I believe it is back near Basin, at the parking lot access closest to Days of Christmas.

It's not a proper WDW vacation without a lunch at Earl and an hour or two at Disney's Days of Christmas.

This is the photo spot mentioned above:

DowntownDisneyChristmas.jpg

No, I don't know these people... I just Googled the spot. I believe it is back near Basin, at the parking lot access closest to Days of Christmas.

I thought Santa knew everybody.

• 2 weeks later...