ajcjmom's weekend at the Fort

I have never written a trip report, so I hope everyone enjoys reading along!

It was just myself and DH this trip. Our 2 sons are grown and have moved away from home.

It looks like another trip is in the works for November though,

with the oldest son and his soon to be fiancee. Yea!

Well on with this story. We left home about about 6:30pm, we both had to work, and made it to the Fort about 7:30pm.

I had taken advantage of the online check in.

This was not helpful this time because they had only 1 check in person.

DH was not happy. Now I must say here that we stay in the cabins.

I would love to have an RV but my DH says the closest he will

get to camping is Motel 6 with basic cable! :rofl2:

So cabins it is!

We were assigned cabin 2834

gleZg.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are off to a great start!

We could use a good cabin trip report around here.

Looking forward to more!

TCD

Thanks, I am doing this at work between jobs.

It is nice that I work for really nice people!!

Plus we take them to EPCOT for Food and Wine and a good bribe goes a long way!

Well we finally made it to the cabin. We got all our stuff put away and watched a little tv waiting for it to cool down.

This is looking out from our porch.

so7UT.jpg

On the other side of this brush is the horse trail ride.

We saw the riders go by a couple of times over the weekend.

Before I continue with our adventures, let me say a few things about the cabin.

It looks like they have been freshening thing up.

The paint on the deck looked and smell new.

The carpet in the bedroom looks newer and the bath/shower stall looks new.

The vinyl in the bathroom is also new.

The have also upgraded to flat screen tv's both in the bedroom and the living room.

There is also a plaque on the picnic table about not feeding the wildlife. Sorry no pic.

I don't remember that from last year.

Those are the things that stood out.

Got to take a break - time to work!

Our plan was to take in EMH at Magic Kingdom. As I was sitting there enjoying to AC, I went through the Welcome Packet. I noticed on the map that there are 3 WIFI spots at the Fort.

EAPmY.jpg

I thought I have seen on the boards people asking about this. According to the map it is available at Trail's End, Meadow Trading Post and the Reception Outpost.

Well it was time to head to the MK but, DH was sick from the fast food we picked up on the drive over. We think it was food poisoning. So he stayed at the cabin and I headed over to MK.

Took this on the boat ride over

ulkqN.jpg

I got there and the new castle show was just finishing up and Wishes was starting in about a half hour. I stuck around for Wishes and then went back to the cabin to check on DH.

mQnCW.jpg

Next up: A little Star Wars and Studios

I like that - Im sorry you have food poisoning but Wishes is in an hour - See ya! LOL - Im just kidding - I hope DH recovered quickly!

He is doing ok. He has stomach problems to begin with, so this did not help. He did make it through the rest of the weekend though!

Great start! We stayed at the cabins in January, this led to renting a 5th wheel in March and then buying one for our trip in May! We loved the cabins.

I grew up camping, so I would love to have our own camper. Maybe some day.

After 3 years staying in the cabins, he finally has come around to enjoying the Fort!

A cabin report - YAY!!! :dance: We stayed in a cabin last summer (DH, DD, and me) and we just loved it! DD was 2 at the time and it worked out beautifully! I also grew up camping and secretly hope that I will convince DH to buy a camper. He actually loved FW last year after the first trip and we talked on the way home about how buying a popup would be oh so manageable. The pixie dust blew away pretty quickly - but he's still a fan of FW. We are renting a 5W this summer, so will be closer to camping! Maybe this trip will put him over the top... :rolleyes:

I don't remember seeing a "don't feed the wildlife" sign either - I wonder what prompted that. Also, I bet the flat screens are nice.

That's awful that DH was sick!!! I hope he got better quickly!

Can't wait to see more!

A cabin report - YAY!!! :dance: We stayed in a cabin last summer (DH, DD, and me) and we just loved it! DD was 2 at the time and it worked out beautifully! I also grew up camping and secretly hope that I will convince DH to buy a camper. He actually loved FW last year after the first trip and we talked on the way home about how buying a popup would be oh so manageable. The pixie dust blew away pretty quickly - but he's still a fan of FW. We are renting a 5W this summer, so will be closer to camping! Maybe this trip will put him over the top... :rolleyes:

I don't remember seeing a "don't feed the wildlife" sign either - I wonder what prompted that. Also, I bet the flat screens are nice.

That's awful that DH was sick!!! I hope he got better quickly!

Can't wait to see more!

The flat screens are nice! DH enjoyed watching hockey and basketball on them. He was doing better!

:popcorn:

Sorry your DH got sick, food poisoning is awful.

Can't wait for more.

He had some test several years ago, they could never pinpoint what he has. Maybe Chron's (sp?), so we go and do what we can and always have a backup plan!

OK - Where are the depositphotos_5772897-Camera-emoticon.jpg ?

I have some coming!

First I would like to give a shout out to the DH. He is lurking around here somewhere! :rofl2:

He saw someone's sign over the weekend and had to check the website out.

I think he is just checking up on me! :rofl2:

I told him he just need to sign up! I will wait and see.

First I would like to give a shout out to the DH. He is lurking around here somewhere! :rofl2:

He saw someone's sign over the weekend and had to check the website out.

I think he is just checking up on me! :rofl2:

I told him he just need to sign up! I will wait and see.

My DH registered last month. He still doesn't log in. He makes me read everything to him :rofl2: It drives me nuts :blink:

Well it is Saturday morning and I head to pick up a cart. I then went for a quick ride while DH was getting ready.

Saw this at the Meadow Trading Post

wH437.jpg

The door said "Disney's Animal Programs and Environmental Initiatives"

Don't know what they were doing. Maybe someone might?

Went by the cabin pool and they were working on Saturday.

0jmVn.jpg

When I returned to pickup DH at the cabin, this is what I saw.

TSJA1.jpg

9JXp1.jpg

a38xw.jpg

There were a total of 4 including 2 younger ones.

Saturday was Studio day.

My plan for the weekend was to have lunch somewhere different for my DH and then head back to the cabin in the afternoon. This worked really well this year.

It was Star Wars Weekend, so of course I wanted to get the free lanyard for Passholders.

The crowds weren't to bad.

FDF6v.jpg

We saw these 2 people. Gotta say they love Star Wars and the Packers!

wcOxp.jpg