First Drop in the Bucket…at the Fort May 2011

if you found out that you only had a few years to make memories with those you love…

and you could go anywhere to start on this extremely urgent and important task…

where would you go?

AlexisDisneyBus.jpg

where would you go to drop that first drop in that big ole empty bucket?

what about the Fort?

join me….and granddaughter Alexis, grandson, Jakob, and my daughter Brandy and son in law Scott…

for that first drop in the bucket….seven days and six nights at Fort Wilderness…along with a bunch of FIENDS and a Magic Bus!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if you found out that you only had a few years to make memories with those you love… and you could go anywhere to start on this extremely urgent and important task… where would you go? where would yo

I like the jungle cruise early in the morning because all the animals are out.

so…after an agonizing short period of time….the day was upon us….we had 12 hour drive to get to the fort...

we decided to drive the night before and sleep in rest areas but arrive at checkin time…are we there yet?the GPS decided that we needed to go through some residential area and approach FW through a maintenance area…so we added another half hour to arrival time…the last 30 minutes….

my daughter had made all arrangements…when we drove up to the checkin….there seemed to be some confusion…for about 5 minutes….she handed them a copy she had printed off of her online checkin….then another 5 minutes and we were headed to our site….so, check in went smoothly…

DSCN0812.jpg

we found our loop…say hello to Jake…Hello Jake!…Jake was my first grandchild…come to think of it….still is….

move along now…ignore that man behind the curtain…ignore that correct date, supposively representing another date…who left that date feature set on that camera?

DSCN0814.jpg

looks like we found our site…

DSCN0815.jpg

time to lay claim to our spot….before any of those weird pink or green birds show up…

noregrets1.png

do you think we should let them know who we are?

DSCN0786.jpg

time to say hi to Scott….he gets to be the Daddy…its good to not have to be the Daddy...

so…to continue

DSCN0816.jpg

which drunk parked that camper?….yours truly…the next picture will show you why….

DSCN0789.jpg

to get the most 'living area' in the rear under our awning and next to the 'boys' tent in the rear…I 'kicked' the rear of the trailer out….putting the trailer in cockeyed…..

that's my story….and I am sticking it to it….

we enjoyed our site…it was a little cozy…we had park a little strange….but…it was so nice to be just a few sites from the walkway to the trading post and the boats…

since I never stepped on a bus…this whole visit…this was the perfect site….and look….its waterfront….we have our own little stream right behind us!

now its time to meet the Boss!

DSCN0785.jpg

you met Alexis in the first picture…on her way to go fishing!….but you were not introduced properly…say hi to the Princess…Alexis….

Grandpa got to meet all of her Princess buddies before the trip was over….Alexis was kind enough to make sure that I knew them all…she sure knows how to run in a pretty crowd…

seeing the MK in the eyes of Alexis at this stage of my life was quite a treat…it was a full drop in the ole bucket...

now for the young Jedi…

DSCN0784.jpg

if there ever was anyone handier with a Light Saber….he probably still wouldn't want to take his chances with Jake…

Jake and I have probably stared down more alligators than Yoda has Light Sabers….just sayin'….

Jake got to ride by himself on Space Mountain this time….and Grandpa was there!

so we loaded up the truck and we moved to Beverly….whoops…wrong memory…

so…we loaded everyone up on one of the big boats….cause I got we one of those scooters….and we went over to………………..

where else?

Magic Kingdom…..Disneyworld…..Disneyland….I went to see the Mouse….

so that leaves just one person to introduce….

DSCN0839.jpg

my Daughter….Brandy…my fellow plotter and schemer…..

who traded in her quiet Disney resort … long planned vacation with just her family…

for a camping trip with Dad at Fort Wilderness….

Brandy's home is like a Shrine to all things Disney….with a heavy dose of Pooh…the Bear….oh my….

Brandy is my middle child…she was the one that you could never be sure just what she was thinking…but….she was thinking…

Brandy just got accepted into Nursing School….so I will have my own personal RN….

I know where she lives….

my camper is parked in her driveway….

so…lets talk about my ride….

DSCN0798.jpg

this is the 'Dash'….rented by one of the off site companies….they also rent the 'Dream'….

I wanted a Dream….but after talking with a Magic Bus…..I decided to just Dash….

I didn't have any problems with this machine….pretty quick…..I only flipped it once in the camping site….stayed charged all day….

If fits in the front area of the big boats….

I didn't try to ride any buses….so I can't say if it would have been a problem…

My ride was waiting for me at the front desk area when we checked in….after we checked in….I had my son in law drop me off there….I rode the scooter back to the camp site…When we checked out….Brandy wanted to drive it back to the front desk to leave for the outside company to pick it up….

If you think you would benefit by having a scooter….rent one….get one from offsite….

Disney treats you really well…if you need it….I can't stand or walk for long periods….but, I can wait…if need be….I waited only for short periods for riding….on most rides….a few of the rides you wait in line with everyone else….the lines accommodate the size of the scooter….on other rides you scoot you to a different line…a few of the rides that didn't have long lines….I just parked the scooter and waited in line…..on rides that didn't interest me….I told the kids to have fun….

so….if you are reading this…and don't go to Disney….because you think you couldn't handle it without going on a scooter….and you think it would be a hassle….for your family….do it…..rent that scooter….and go with your family….'no regrets that way'

Craig, you're doing a great job. I wish I had been able to meet up with you all while we were there. Hope to catch you next time.

Looking forward to the rest of your report. Two thumbs up to your daughter getting excepted into nursing school! :bravo:

Great trip report so far! And congratulations to your daughter on getting accepted in nursing school, and to your SIL, get used to some very interesting and colorful answers to the question "So - how was your day?". Been married to an RN for 22 years and I am still amazed.