My Wife Left Me....And I'm Defeated

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful Family having Beautiful Family Fun! Does it get anymore Beautiful than that. emot-dance.gif

Dave, man those sites are deep aren’t they? The site beside you looks 75 yards deep. cheesy.gif

Gosh, Dave! All these people think men are incapable of taking their kids on a simple camping trip. Whazzup with that? Props to you for being such a wonderful dad and making great memories for your girls. I'll bet "dad time" even trumps their texting time.

The camp site is absolutely beautiful! And I learned the COE built (builds) campgrounds - never knew that before. I don't know if there are any in Florida or not.

What amazes me the most is how well Anna is flourishing under your love and care. She looks like a totally different and completely healthy child compared to the early pictures you posted. How blessed she is!!

You may continue with the report... :popcorn:

Great trip report, Dave. Those sites look beautiful. You are a brave man to take the girls camping.

Thanks, and yes the sites are beautiful. I am looking forward to my next visit there in late July.

This is unacceptable.

No food pictures from you Dave?

Ok, now I forgive you :)

Can't wait for more!

Ha! But you were right the first time, Tom. It is unacceptable. And I'll try not to let it happen again. :popo:

You are a brave man ...

It really was nothing. They are easy girls. For the most part. ;)

Props for taking the kids by yourself.

That is a great looking CG.

Thanks!

Beautiful Family having Beautiful Family Fun! Does it get anymore Beautiful than that. emot-dance.gif

Dave, man those sites are deep aren’t they? The site beside you looks 75 yards deep. cheesy.gif

Hey H! Yeah, some of those sites are huge. I have some pics coming up of a few sites that I like that are ginormous.

Gosh, Dave! All these people think men are incapable of taking their kids on a simple camping trip. Whazzup with that? Props to you for being such a wonderful dad and making great memories for your girls. I'll bet "dad time" even trumps their texting time.

The camp site is absolutely beautiful! And I learned the COE built (builds) campgrounds - never knew that before. I don't know if there are any in Florida or not.

What amazes me the most is how well Anna is flourishing under your love and care. She looks like a totally different and completely healthy child compared to the early pictures you posted. How blessed she is!!

You may continue with the report... :popcorn:

Thank you Deb!! She is settling in more every week, and continues to "plump up". We are trying to find a balance between satisfying her appetite and not letting her get too chunky. So far we're failing! :rofl2: But she's happy and getting healthier, so I'm not too concerned.

Can't wait for more! :popcorn:

I hope to get another update posted tonight. :wiz:

Dave, every time I see pictures of your family and read your posts, I am in awe! You and "not Cindy" are truly an inspirational people! I hope to shake your hand soon and meet the rest of your amazing family! I can't wait to read more.

Ok, when we last left off, we had finished our dinner at the marina restaurant and had fed the catfish. At this point it was getting toward Anna's bedtime. The weather cleared nicely, so we were able to have a campfire after getting her into bed. However, we were all so tired that we didn't last much past 9:00. Everyone was ready for some sleep. So off to bed we went...and we all slept quite well.

Anna was raring to go by 5:15am. Good thing I'm an early riser anyways. So I brewed my coffee, and then we went outside to enjoy the beautiful early morning.

Anna had her usual breakfast of oatmeal. She pounds down two bowls every morning. Loves the stuff!

P1000859.JPG

Got more, Dad??

P1000861.JPG

Something must have tickled her funny bone.

P1000862.JPG

P1000863.JPG

Stella joined us outside.

P1000858.JPG

Sisterly love.

P1000865.JPG

After all the girls were up and fed, it was still a bit too chilly to hit the beach yet. So we decided to head out to a little farm that is nearby that is like a petting zoo. On the way out of the campground, we passed about 20 of these guys.

P1000867.JPG

They seem to be everywhere at Defeated Creek, and aren't scared of anything.

The farm is only a ten minute ride away. A local farmer has created the neatest little spot that he opens up to the general public, free of charge. You cross over a covered bridge onto the property, and he has horses, roosters, rabbits, ducks and cats. He used to have goats but they were gone this year.

Even with all the cool animals there, the girls immediately keyed in on a trio of kittens.

P1000871.JPG

P1000873.JPG

P1000875.JPG

P1000870.JPG

Here is my horse rider...

P1000877.JPG

P1000881.JPG

There is a lot to explore here, including a cool little cabin that you can see in the background of this pic.

P1000876.JPG

The girls are convinced that there is a creepy old man living in there that is going to jump out and scare them.

I have no idea where they got that idea. >:D

Checking things out...

P1000879.JPG

P1000880.JPG

This is her "I'd rather be eating ice cream" look.

P1000882.JPG

Checking out the roosters:

P1000883.JPG

Those darn roosters were LOUD the whole time we were there. I thought they were supposed to just make a racket at sunrise? :rant:

Ok, I love this next series of pictures. First off, I convinced DD13 to sit on the porch, despite the risk of the crazy old man opening the door and grabbing her.

P1000884.JPG

And then I thought it would be cute to get a picture of her with Anna. Only Anna's face wasn't all that cooperative at first.

P1000887.JPG

She can make the craziest faces!

P1000888.JPG

Ah, finally!

P1000889.JPG

P1000886.JPG

P1000885.JPG

P1000892.JPG

And finally, I got a picture of my three oldest DD's. For 6 years after DD11 was born, these three were it. And although we have a ton of pictures of the three of them when they were little, we have very few of just them in recent years. So for that reason I love this one.

P1000894.JPG

And after that, we left the farm. Which is better than buying the farm.

Coming up...we visit the dam, and we search for our weather radio. Yes folks, our trip really was that interesting. :rofl:

Here is my horse rider...

P1000877.JPG

I love this pic!

P1000876.JPG

The girls are convinced that there is a creepy old man living in there that is going to jump out and scare them.

I have no idea where they got that idea. >:D

:rofl2: Oh, brother! You're just like my hubby -- he had the kids convinced one Halloween there was a guy named "One-Eyed Jack" living at a house in our neighborhood and dared them to run up and touch the fence without getting eaten.

Thanks for this TR and the great photos -- just started my morning off with a smile!

Great report Dave. I love seeing pictures of your girls, they are so happy ( I am sure there are times they aren't, but your pictures show otherwise!). You are a brave Dad, taking 5 camping alone!!! Christy does beautiful work, wish she lived closer to us, she is really talented.

Jed Clampett lived in a cabin like that and look how things turned out for him.

P1000884.JPG

Hmmmmmm....looks a lot like "Jacob's Cabin" from Lost!! Maybe there is a creepy old guy inside there?

Why am I hearing the banjo music from Deliverance?

Sisterly love.

P1000865.JPG

And finally, I got a picture of my three oldest DD's. For 6 years after DD11 was born, these three were it. And although we have a ton of pictures of the three of them when they were little, we have very few of just them in recent years. So for that reason I love this one.

P1000894.JPG

Those two pictures combine to give such a great view of your family and beautiful daughters. So glad y'all had such a great trip together!

Great TR and pics! That campground looks nice. Do they have cabins or a lodge or something there? I was thinking I might get my parents to meet us there next summer. They have a 5W, but we would need somewhere to stay.

Your girls are precious! I know you are so proud of them!