If you like to have your trailer at your site, take notice...

According to sources I have been talking to here at the Fort, having your trailer in the grass next to your site during your stay will soon be a thing of the past. They are going to enforce that all your stuff needs to stay on the concrete. So, trailers, cars, rvs, and popups must all stay in the concrete and coquina area that is designated. (full hook ups have the coquina). I know my trailer is small enough that it does not have to go in the overflow and can squeeze in a site, but not everyone has a small trailer. Just FYI.

According to sources I have been talking to here at the Fort, having your trailer in the grass next to your site during your stay will soon be a thing of the past. They are going to enforce that all your stuff needs to stay on the concrete. So, trailers, cars, rvs, and popups must all stay in the concrete and coquina area that is designated. (full hook ups have the coquina). I know my trailer is small enough that it does not have to go in the overflow and can squeeze in a site, but not everyone has a small trailer. Just FYI.

It looks like they are enforcing a rule that has been around a "long" time.

One of my first Fort camping trips (2002), we brought a small utility trailer for our camping stuff, and I got a little note stuck to my trailer that it had to be completely on my site or parked up front. I think I had one tire and the toungue off to the side.

Here is the rule in writing:

100_0765.jpg

I saw them passing out these love letters on my June trip, and they were passing them out in droves on the weekend of the 4th.

I saw Ranger Sean ask a fellow in the 1500 loop to move his trailer, and I had two of my wheels off of the pavement, and got one of these love notes too.

I didn't see any enforcement of this rule as to golf carts. That will be a big change if they do.

In the meantime, I saw several groups park and unload their day's pool supplies and haul them over to the pool by the pedestrian bridge. Didn't look like campers to me. I saw some wristbands at the pool, but the majority of people did not have them, and i never got carded on either of the afternoons I visited, so I never got a wristband. What is the point of issuing wristbands to some people at some point of the day, when nobody bothers to check for wristbands the rest of the day? Personally, I would rather have seen Ranger Sean patrol the pool rather than bother folks who had a couple of tires off of the pavement.

TCD

I agree with you on that point Andrew. The rules that aren't impacting your vacation they enforce, killing a blade of grass they do. I wish I wasn't such a rule follower, I'd park my Miata on the grass and go :raspberry2:

Don't you mean Mike's Miata? :unsure:

I was just thinking about this, we are bringing a utility trailer this year, and honestly I had planned to put in in the overflow lot, but last year my golf cart didnt have room with my other stuff.. ie tent, canopy, Armada. I'm worried now that I'm adding another tent, I wont have room for everything.. 3 months away and I'm starting to stress about space.. I need a drink. :rolleyes:

The rule in this house is "what's his is ours and what's mine is my own" Works out pretty good except the puppy poop, that's all mine :rofl2:

Wow, sounds like our house. poop and all. At least you have small dogs.... :rofl2:

Yes they did. Once the premium sits came about I haven't had a problem .

We did! Carry a car hauler behind the moho. A couple of years ago we were cited because (although the wheels were on the coquina pad) the edge of the trailer was over some vegetation.

We were across from the Shamrocks about a year ago and they probably had 10 cars and trucks scattered about there sights. They were told to move them and they did. But then they started acquiring other campers bicycles to accommodate there transportation needs! I know they were not there bikes because when they left there was a huge pile of them left behind.

Personally Keeping things on the pad is not a big deal. We had the 40'MH, G'kid bikes(3), Mickey light and one of Kenny's carts all on the pad plus chairs, rugs, tables, and all the other stuff, with room to spare. BUT!!! like TCD said the pool was packed w/ "visitors". I saw two groups get off the Yellow bus w/ coolers, suit bags and food. There was anther bunch in the lot in front, by the Orange route, when I pulled up on the Kenny cart. I said "Hi, what loop are you guys in?" One female walked off and everyone else just looked at me. In case you're wondering, Yes, they did speak English; No, I was not confrontational.

I have no problem w/ printed rules being enforced, BUT I sure have a problem w/ paying to use facilities that others get for free. Thanks for listening, I shall now put the soap box back under the MH.

I didn't get a "love" letter but, we were playing with sidewalk chaulk, and i had the vans 2 tires on the grass so the kiddos would have more room to draw,...and I got disney popo.....they pulled up, kindly asked me to park my car on the concrete like it was supposed to be....oh well i guess sidewalk chaulk drawings aren't important enough LOL :)

I don't think they would try to enforce this rule with golf carts. Aren't golf carts made to drive on the grass??? lol

No of course they're not! They're also not meant for "deer hunting" with a spot light out behind the cabins either.

:rolleyes:

For some reason people in the 300 loop have always been bad about parking in to grass, next to the road and sometimes half in the road. I love looping the 300 loop just to see this and how many vehicals have love notes on them.

For sure! It seems to get worse every year with people trying to squeeze in multiple trucks, golf carts and extra camping equipment in - especially in the smaller inside loop sites. We've sometimes had a hell of a time just squeezing by when pulling in with the TT because so many cars/trucks were hanging out in the road.

I have a photo somewhere of a site on 700 with *3* full sized pickups parked side by side across the site for a week.

And that would be the same year we got a love letter for having our Kenny Kart parked with the back tires on the pine needles to reach the outlet. :argh:

I'm glad to hear the Fort is finally enforcing some of it's own rules, as long as they start doing it consistently.

The problem is if you let one person get away with breaking the rules, everyone else thinks it's AOK to follow suit.