The importance of seat belts and safely securing your dogs!!!

Just wanted to post an update about the suggestions for Koda. I'm happy to report that he is doing MUCH better.

The vet perscribed drugs - and a pheromone spray - and they seemed to help a little, but the big diffence is the sister we adopted for him 3 weeks ago. "Dolly" is a 2 year old female (Koda is 6) - also an Australian Terrier from the same breeder. The 2 became buddies very quickly - at least once a day they are curled up together. They can be left in their crate together, and both are enjoying joining us in the Jeep. We have put in a screen divider so they can't get into the front seat. We've also weaned him off the drugs.

Thanks again to all the Fiends who offered suggestions. Jay, Dolly and Koda and I are looking forward to our next trip to the Fort on 11/28!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted to give this a bump because it happened a year ago this weekend and I thought the message bears repeating this time of year when so many of you are traveling. Original post is here

Go Koda! Go Dolly! Go to the Fort! Welcome to the best board around.

Posted Images

Here are a couple of pics of the kids.

Very cute kids.

I can see our Buddy's face in your kids. He's a Silky Terrier which is a cross between an Aussie Terrier and and a Yorkie.

He has the temperament, sturdiness, and coat of the Aussie, which is a good thing, and some, not too much, perkiness of the Yorkie.

Hope I can meet them during your stay................... oh, and you too.

Very cute kids.

I can see our Buddy's face in your kids. He's a Silky Terrier which is a cross between an Aussie Terrier and and a Yorkie.

He has the temperament, sturdiness, and coat of the Aussie, which is a good thing, and some, not too much, perkiness of the Yorkie.

Hope I can meet them during your stay................... oh, and you too.

I wondered if yours might be a Silky - very cute!!!!! We'll be there for 7 nights. Maybe the furbabies could get togther in the dog park for a play date. ::)

• 1 year later...

I saw an article online today about the importance of securing your dogs in your vehicle, and that prompted me to give this thread a bump.

For those of you that don't know the story, start at the first post here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/2921-the-importance-of-seat-belts-and-safely-securing-your-dogs/

I saw an article online today about the importance of securing your dogs in your vehicle, and that prompted me to give this thread a bump.

Absolutely, after your accident, I rigged up a method to buckle our two very precious guys whenever they are in my car.

How about safely securing 8 kids in a rented golf cart while passing a ranger which I saw tonight...lol

Shocking, well not really, I see it all the time.

Although we'd like to see the Ranger slap the parents around, he's not going to be impacted if one of the kids falls off and gets hit by a car. It's the idiot parents that will have to live with it. So why do the parents allow that?

Absolutely, after your accident, I rigged up a method to buckle our two very precious guys whenever their in my car.

How about safely securing 8 kids in a rented golf cart while passing a ranger which I saw tonight...lol

Shocking, well not really, I see it all the time.

Although we'd like to see the Ranger slap the parents around, he's not going to be impacted if one of the kids falls off and gets hit by a car.

But those are the parents who will be suing Disney if that does happen so management needs to quit being "Mr nice guy".

Sadly you can't fix stupid.'

Absolutely, after your accident, I rigged up a method to buckle our two very precious guys whenever their in my car.

I'm glad to hear that.  I see far too many little dogs riding in people's laps.  I want to pull them over and show them the photos of our stuff all over the highway and the condition of my tote bag (which I sewed up and still have).

Glad you are ok ....... I lived in nashua for a long time miss the fall. Really glad you are ok and the dogs

Thanks!

Fall up this was is nice.  Now this endless winter is another story...  8)

• 1 year later...

I just saw some posts on Facebook of a camper on it's side on the highway not far from Disney and had a major flashback to our accident a few years back.  It made me want to bump this thread and remind people of the importance of seat belts for the humans, and properly restraining any pets in your vehicle.

My original post is on the first page here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/2921-the-importance-of-seat-belts-and-safely-securing-your-dogs/?p=65453

Since camping season is starting to kick into gear all over the country, please be safe out there folks!!