Some Times It's A Magical Bus

We must have ticked someone off - we used to be in the very first row of stops.

Now it's in East Overshoe. Or maybe Kissimmee.... I don't know but it's a LOT further away.

After trudging around the World all day I was actually tempted to take the cool-looking monorail and boat back to the Fort... but then I remembered the golf cart was at the Outpost (doh!)

You're exaggerating. I'ts not that much further than it use to be.

It was at #4, now it's at #1, what, 200 feet more.

Besides, stay off the damn buses.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only if you're wearing a Tampa Bay Rays or Yankees hat.

I was assigned to the Studios bus hub yesterday and while waiting for people to finish boarding, a little boy, about 9 or 10 years old, afflicted with an obvious muscular disorder struggles to walk up

Needle in a hay stack is right. The odds are very slim that you'll see me. Too many buses doing too many routes. No call today, so I'm not working. I'm on call tomorrow but no clue where I'll be until

Now it's in East Overshoe. Or maybe Kissimmee.... I don't know but it's a LOT further away.

After trudging around the World all day I was actually tempted to take the cool-looking monorail and boat back to the Fort... but then I remembered the golf cart was at the Outpost (doh!)

there was always the bus from settlement to outpost.....

The conventional wisdom is that some IM actually gave some thought into where certain resorts have their bus stops at the bus hubs, WRONG.

The resorts that actually need a specific location in order to meet the volume of guests, are the values and POR

They're set up, assuming there are spare bus stops or space, so that more than one bus can be staged.

The rest of the resorts are wherever they happen to fall.

Well then you take the cool look monorail and boat back to WL, then take an Epcot bus from the WL to the Outpost :)

I heard once years ago that resort bus stop locations at parks were voted on. Not sure by who, how, or why but remember being told that in answer to why the YC/BC stop changed so often once upon a time in a kingdom far far away...

Well then you take the cool look monorail and boat back to WL, then take an Epcot bus from the WL to the Outpost :)

Tricky!! I like it. :)

We've actually done the WDW Transport Shuffle more than a few times - usually to avoid lines and because we're never really in a hurry to get anywhere.

We normally drive to EP & AK, although during F&W it's better to take a long ride than even contemplate taking our own car.

:wine:

I heard once years ago that resort bus stop locations at parks were voted on. Not sure by who, how, or why but remember being told that in answer to why the YC/BC stop changed so often once upon a time in a kingdom far far away...

Like so many Disney rumors, it's baloney.

They're changed by Transportation IMs to what they think will facilitate optimum bus flow, pick ups and drop offs. It has nothing to to with the resort.

And it's a myth that they change often, they don't. On average, some may change once a year.

One reason for the myth is that every night some bus stops are temporarily changed at Epcot, and DHS, again to facilitate better pick ups during closing.

Wow, didn't realize that the bus stops changed at night sometimes. Thanks! I learned something new!

Not sometimes, every night at Epcot and DHS.

Just before closing time at Epcot and DHS, each All-Star resort will have it's own stop and POR is split in two.

MK is always that way. AK and DTD stays as it is.

I wish I was at AK today.

It was a pleasant morning at AK. Warm, but nice breeze.

Had a family ask me take a family photo at the AK entrance sign while I was walking by. Hope it turned out ok.

BB parking lot was just about full by noon. Normal for this time of year.

And the moron, I'm stopping on BVD to check my map, drivers are alive and well at WDW, probably Canadians.

...I wonder why there would be more scooters at Epcot? More older people?

That or maybe because there's a lot more ground to cover at Epcot - especially if you do any backtracking.

When my aunt and uncle came with us the first week of December a couple of years ago (77 and 70 at the time), he was having major problems with his feet. We tried to get him a scooter at Epcot but they were all out by 11am. In the end it worked out ok since, while you can put a LOT of miles on at Epcot, it's also a great park to walk a bit, sit a bit, walk a bit, snack a bit, walk a bit, drink a bit...

More drunk people.

...or that! :rofl2:

And as evidence for those of you that missed this on FB last fall, I submit for your approval what I like to call "drunk hobo on vacation"...

6342042641_4fcda7c9bc_z.jpg

Is the "more scooters at Epcot" official or personal observation or both?

I don't know about official numbers, but bus drivers agree that Epcot has more scooters.

I had 3 on my first two runs alone.

I wonder why there would be more scooters at Epcot? More older people?

I think Epcot is the more adult park so it attracts less kids.

I like to call "drunk hobo on vacation"...

6342042641_4fcda7c9bc_z.jpg

I was wondering whatever happened to that lifelike statue that was on display for the longest time at the Orlando airport.

Did you ever see it Mo?

Your photo reminds me of it. See photo of it below.

sculpture.jpg

Or a smart drunk hobo. That way he doesn't have far to fall. :rofl3:

And in the "smart" department... you'll notice he's holding 2 cups. His solution to all the walking at Epcot.

I was wondering whatever happened to that lifelike statue that was on display for the longest time at the Orlando airport.

Did you ever see it Mo?

Your photo reminds me of it.

Spooky! Stick a couple of drinks in his hand and they could be twins!

:rofl2:

I appove!

You appove? :rofl2:

Now I'm starting to wonder if Rita wasn't lurking nearby, just out of the camera frame!

:rofl3: