H and KFK's Fourth at the Fort AND BEYOND!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No hijack can be complete without.......EYE CANDY!! :) You're welcome ladies!

Nothing wrong with Fox News - as long as you realize it ISN'T News; You don't think every word they say was engraved in stone by a finger; and you balance what you see there with other sources ...

Wow! I've never heard them say "Fox news... the #1 name in NOT the news." That would make an interesting slogan. :rofl2: If you go make sure to take notes, pics and share a good thorough report. :)

Must

Must indeed. We MUST end this now. I thought I logged into the chat room by mistake with all the M words. LOL!

So let me get this straight.... KFK and H don't drink so you didn't hijack the TR down the beer trail so instead ya'll turned it into a Victoria's Secret Catalog? Mercy!!! :rofl2:

Just got in from the tent camping experience so a shower is in order. The next installment will be coming up very soon...

To answer someone's question... I will not be incorporating the side trip into the TR. There will be a mini TR that will either be done after this one is finished or it may run parallel on a seperate thread. Time will tell. See ya'll shortly... KFK :)

ETA: Bob... you know what they say about payback. It's worse when you mess with a southern gal. ;)

Great trip report so far. We always have McD's for dinner the day we get home from a trip. No way am I going to cook after a vacation.

I scrolled quickly through part of the hijack, as I have young men in the room. As to the M words, as a Marvelous Martha who is a Mom, I approve! LOL

KFK, what beach did you camp at? I am still hoping to see the ocean this summer.

:popcorn:

Yay, Kim's back. You're in trouble now Bob :rofl2:

I'm back and it looks like I was away to long. Bad things happen when there's no chaperone. :rofl:

Dave's fault! :parrot:

LOL. Where is Dave anyway?

gulp :-[

Be afraid Bob. Be very afraid.

Being a Carolina Girl, it's been nice knowing you! :rofl2:

;) Yep. We smile, say "bless your heart" then ..... BAM! They never see it coming. :rofl2:

Great trip report so far. We always have McD's for dinner the day we get home from a trip. No way am I going to cook after a vacation.

I scrolled quickly through part of the hijack, as I have young men in the room. As to the M words, as a Marvelous Martha who is a Mom, I approve! LOL

KFK, what beach did you camp at? I am still hoping to see the ocean this summer.

:popcorn:

We had McD's going and coming. I've gotta say the one in Beaufort, SC goes to prove that not all McD's are the same. It was really good! Well

Marvelous Martha who is a Mom... I approve too. At least of the M words. LOL!

We were at Hunting Island. I've been going there since I was a kid. It is absolutely beautiful. I'll be posting pics pretty soon. Good luck on seeing the ocean this summer.

Now back to business.

DAY 1

The day has finally arrived… The H and kfk family will be invading.. I mean arriving.. at the Fort. :yay:

Ya’ll have already seen photos of our stay at Lake “Magic”. The best magic there was our disappearing act. :rofl2: The main purpose of our staying there was so that when our big day arrives we will be within minutes of Fort Wilderness. We arrive fresh, rested and ready to roll. Unfortunately It didn’t quite happen that way. Due to a huge motel fire all traffic was being rerouted and what should have been a 20 minute drive turned into an hour and a half. BUT on the bright side… at least we weren’t in the fire. Thankfully no one was seriously injured. This is what we saw while we were stuck in traffic.

7-13-2011_001.jpg

Once the traffic cleared we were on our way and began seeing more appealing sights such as these:

7-22-2011_001.jpg

7-22-2011_004.jpg

Unfortunately, due to the fire, we didn’t get to pass under the big Walt Disney World sign. However, as I’ve already said, at least we weren’t in the fire. These were just small inconveniences comparatively.

Once we passed under that beautiful Magic Kingdom sign and made that awesomely great right turn magic was being felt by all the family. We could hardly take it. In fact Lil H exclaimed… “I’m feelin’ the magic now!!!” Makes it all worth it!

We’re here!!!

7-19-2011_004a.jpg

7-19-2011_012.jpg

Inside the Outpost.

I have the need to take a photo of the checkerboard. We all love a good Musket Mickey right? Here he is still on the checkerboard. I really hope he stays there forever.

IMG_20110627_104559.jpg

IMG_20110627_104609.jpg

IMG_20110627_104559.jpg

IMG_20110627_104838.jpg

IMG_20110627_104609.jpg

IMG_20110627_104814.jpg

IMG_20110627_104709.jpg

Fort Wilderness Rocks!

IMG_20110627_105059.jpg

Fort Wilderness Rock #1

IMG_20110627_105250.jpg

Fort Wilderness Rock #2

IMG_20110627_105318.jpg

Fort Wilderness Rock #3

Still tired from the side trip so I’ll stop here for tonite. Coming up .. Our arrival to site 912 and more.

ETA: I'm not sure how I posted the checkerboard pic so many times, but I'm not going to fix it. I'm too tired... or maybe I just liked it more than I thought. Haha! Until tomorrow..... KFK.

We had McD's going and coming. I've gotta say the one in Beaufort, SC goes to prove that not all McD's are the same. It was really good! Well

I know that McD's well. I'm glad to hear they have improved. They were one of the dirtiest McD's I had ever encountered when we were there last year.
Marvelous Martha who is a Mom... I approve too. At least of the M words. LOL!
:))
We were at Hunting Island. I've been going there since I was a kid. It is absolutely beautiful. I'll be posting pics pretty soon. Good luck on seeing the ocean this summer.
My favorite state campground in SC! I adore the beach, the lighthouse, the campers...the only bad thing is the mosquitos. I vowed last year I would only go back if we had a beachfront site.
Now back to business.

:dance: