H and KFK's Fourth at the Fort AND BEYOND!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No hijack can be complete without.......EYE CANDY!! :) You're welcome ladies!

Nothing wrong with Fox News - as long as you realize it ISN'T News; You don't think every word they say was engraved in stone by a finger; and you balance what you see there with other sources ...

Wow! I've never heard them say "Fox news... the #1 name in NOT the news." That would make an interesting slogan. :rofl2: If you go make sure to take notes, pics and share a good thorough report. :)

How does Mr. TigerCock live with you? :rolf2:

Thanks Genia!

I'm afraid to ask, but in November it will be 9 years. Ask him and he might say 9 lonnngggggg years.... :rofl2:

But he has been a very happy camper the last two years; wins in football vs Clemson and National Championships in baseball! :rolleyes:

I am playing catch up and wanted to comment before I forget.

I am pro poncho. My son is not. Thank goodness we live in America!

We were pleasantly surprised by Carousel of Progress. We all gave it a thumbs up.

I know those rains well. But I liked the lower temps so I didn't complain.

Yes. God Bless America! flag_pole.gif

We've always liked the Carousel of Progress. I'm just surprised that our kids do. I think it's the animatronic furbaby. I still remember it before they changed it up. Who remembers the old song? "Now is the time.. now is the best time.. now is the best time of your life." It was good but the current song was Walt's so I like it best. Who want's to sing a chorus? "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow.. shining at the end of every day. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow... just a dream away." :)

Sorry. I tend to break out in song sometimes.

I'm afraid to ask, but in November it will be 9 years. Ask him and he might say 9 lonnngggggg years.... :rofl2:

But he has been a very happy camper the last two years; wins in football vs Clemson and National Championships in baseball! :rolleyes:

:rofl2: H might say 16 excruciating lonnnnnggggg years.

Those wins have made the KFK household a little happier as well. ;) Go cocks!!!

South-Carolina-Gamecocks-Flashing-F.gif

Yes. God Bless America! flag_pole.gif

We've always liked the Carousel of Progress. I'm just surprised that our kids do. I think it's the animatronic furbaby. I still remember it before they changed it up. Who remembers the old song? "Now is the time.. now is the best time.. now is the best time of your life." It was good but the current song was Walt's so I like it best. Who want's to sing a chorus? "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow.. shining at the end of every day. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow... just a dream away." :)

Sorry. I tend to break out in song sometimes.

Carousel of Progress, my hands down, all-time, favorite attraction!!! It just oozes with Walt's creativity!!!!!!

Put the entire TCD gang down as pro-COP.

Is anyone keeping track of this stuff?

Oh, and, KFK, please excuse the intrusion, but I have a question for LL:

The more I get to know about you, the more we have in common! We both are married to very predictable men! ;)

OK, LL, could you please explain something to me?

Why is Bruce anti-poncho?

Poncho's don't have sleeves.

And, I thought hippies liked a nice poncho.

At least that's how I remember it.

TCD

Carousel of Progress, my hands down, all-time, favorite attraction!!! It just oozes with Walt's creativity!!!!!!

You got it Carol! It's a WDW Classic! :-)

Sorry....I'm here! Been traveling for work and busy, busy, busy. But I'm trying to get caught up now on all the great TR's. Oh, and Bob's too. :rofl2:

See Kim, I got your back. Just helpin' ya with the payback.

Carry on...

I was wondering... I hadn't seen you here or FB for a while. You know how we worry. Work is good. A lot of people don't have any right now.

Thanks for the support. Bob had it comin'! I'm starting to believe he's an evil genius. I mean think about it. What better way to divert suspicion from himself than his "Blame Dave" campaign. I'm just sayin'. ;)

I was wondering... I hadn't seen you here or FB for a while. You know how we worry. Work is good. A lot of people don't have any right now.

Thanks for the support. Bob had it comin'! I'm starting to believe he's an evil genius. I mean think about it. What better way to divert suspicion from himself than his "Blame Dave" campaign. I'm just sayin'. ;)

Oh I'm here! Loving the report too. And I'm with Gabe on the ponchos. They suck. So there.

And yes, Bob is evil. Not sure about the genious part, but evil, yes.

The more I get to know about you, the more we have in common! We both are married to very predictable men! ;)

I agree. There's no man alive more predictable than H. Except maybe Bruce. LOL!

Put the entire TCD gang down as pro-COP.

Is anyone keeping track of this stuff?

TCD

It's no intrusion. I love banter. Anyone who has spent any length of time with me knows this well. ;)

I think hippies like the crochet ponchos not the plastic ones. But I'm not really a hippie expert.

This TR may need to have a few polls thrown in. I'm always curious to find out what other people think.

Oh I'm here! Loving the report too. And I'm with Gabe on the ponchos. They suck. So there.

And yes, Bob is evil. Not sure about the genious part, but evil, yes.

Thanks Dave!

I agree ponchos are a PITB. Especially when trying to put one on Gabe. I may as well try to put one on a gator. It would be less dangerous.

Bob Doofenschmirtz. LOL!

TCD

That's a good question. We had our first poncho experience at epcot last year. It was rainy and Bruce was getting crabby. I suggested ponchos, he said no. Bruce is the kind of guy who would rather complain about being wet than come in out of the rain. I can't say for sure why, but I think it is because ponchos just aren't manly... I did win out in the end though and I got him in a poncho (something about wearing it or shutting up did the trick -I can be quite persuasive). If you ask him about it now though, he would probably say it was his idea... ;o)

Carousel of Progress, my hands down, all-time, favorite attraction!

It's a WDW Classic!

I put it up there just below EWP.

Some of you may know how I feel about that gem.

Hey Kim, I don't recall big H getting so much face time on last years TR.

BTW, he's a really nice guy.

Ah!

That's an important nuance that I missed.

TCD

It's all in the details. ;)

(something about wearing it or shutting up did the trick -I can be quite persuasive).

:bravo:

I put it up there just below EWP.

Some of you may know how I feel about that gem.

Hey Kim, I don't recall big H getting so much face time on last years TR.

BTW, he's a really nice guy.

And Iove the EWP ! I hope it runs forever and never changes.

Looks like another poll is in the works.

I'm pro EWP and COP. God Bless America. flag_1.gif

I'm not sure why H wasn't in as many pics last year. Probably because he takes over the camera. Now we have multiple cameras so it all works out.

Thank you... he's kinda nice when he wants to be. ;) You're pretty groovy yourself busman!

Day 4 Fiddle Fortin’ Around Thursday 6/30

How do you spell relax?

F-O-R-T W-I-L-D-E-R-N-E-S-S

Ahhhhhhh!!!! We’ve been on the go a pretty good bit since our arrival so this seemed like a great day to chill out and avoid theme parks altogether.

H took off on our super fast Kenny Cart on a solo mio GC excursion. Here are a few photos from his solo ride.

100_8248.jpg

100_8249.jpg

100_8250.jpg

100_8253.jpg

100_8261.jpg

100_8262.jpg

100_8267.jpg

When he got back he found me outside on the phone with KFM and thought it would be ok to snap a photo of me in my jammies before my morning coffee.

Look closely at my expression and you'll see that it was NOT ok. :rofl2:

100_8268.jpg

Here’s our view of the 800 loop from under the awning.

100_8269.jpg

After I’m done conversing with KFM on the phone it’s time to get some breakfast going. Anyone in the mood for bacon? What is it about bacon when you’re camping? YUMMMMMMY!!!

100_8273.jpg

Remember I said that Kenny would be switching our carts? We have no idea when he came but he just left GC #2 without switching them. That’s why there are two Kenny carts in our driveway. He did pick it up later. Check out the full roof! That was very nice for Gabe and I in the sun and rain. We’re usually burning alive or soaking wet! J

100_8274.jpg

Gabe is waiting patiently on the bacon.

100_8276.jpg

H apparently snuck off into the woods and took another pic of me cooking breakfast. If you’re ever at a GG with me….it’s very likely you will catch me cooking outside in my jammies.

100_8277.jpg

After we’re finished with breakfast it’s time to hit the FW trail. While I’m inside getting ready to head out I peeked out the window and saw this…..

100_8282.jpg

Lil H entertaining himself with his cap pistol until we’re ready to go.

100_8284.jpg

COME ON ALREADY! Gabe is losing patience….

100_8288.jpg

Coming up… more from our day of fortin’ around.

Kenny came and switched out our cart after a couple of days, too. You got the better end of the deal. He gave us a rain cover one but not one with an extended roof. We kept forgetting to put the rain cover down, though. Our second cart was also one of those super fast carts. I had to tell my husband to slow down many times. I think he'd forget that our kids were hanging on for dear life on the back. I am a bit of a carseat freak (as in my 6 year old is still fully harnessed in a seat that goes up to 65lbs) so having them just cruise on the back of the golf cart made me a tiny bit nervous.

I had to tell my husband to slow down many times. I think he'd forget that our kids were hanging on for dear life on the back. I am a bit of a carseat freak (as in my 6 year old is still fully harnessed in a seat that goes up to 65lbs) so having them just cruise on the back of the golf cart made me a tiny bit nervous.

I've never told the hubby to slow down in a GC... I'm more of the "STAND ON IT!!" type. ;)

It's good to be a carseat freak. It's the law. :siren: For the record.. I am anti-prison.

We put lil H up front with his dad and I hang onto Gabe on the back. It gives us peace of mind and works out beautifully. :)

Great Travel Report! You guys having so much fun makes me home sick soooo bad. :'(

And BACON will always get my attention! :rolleyes:

Poncho's are good in the winter! If you call florida's fall/spring season a winter. :rofl2:

We all get homesick TJ. I'm homesick already. :(

Floridians don't know what a real winter is all about. :rofl2: Then again some would say the same about us South Carolinians.

KEWL!!! Nothin beats fortin around!!!

Amen to that!

Catching up got to read your trip rpt. Awesome! Love the pictures!

Thanks! Wish you had been there with us!!! :heart:

Been there before, and more than once :)

Loving your report!

Us too. Not to wish time away but I'll be really glad when we don't need to. ;)

Thanks Tom!

Me too!

Isn't this a great country?

And, has anyone actually ever finished one of those lollipops?

TCD

Yes. This is a great country! Don't make me wave my flag. Wait! This is a July 4 Trip Report. It's perfectly appropriate to wave a flag!

flag_1.gif

As for the lollipops... The KFB's finished theirs or came darn near close! However, it did take three tries. At 4 bucks a pop I wasn't throwing those suckers away! :rofl2:

Lol, Yep I am a party pooper. :rofl2:

That's how I roll. ;)

Apparently you like to roll slowly. Maybe you should catch a ride with Bob! :rofl3: