H and KFK's Fourth at the Fort AND BEYOND!!!!

As always, awesome update! Especially love the pics from the ride over and the pirate fight!

You really should take a photo beside a trash can. I have one of me and Mickey with a trash can nearby. It's amazing how much they've changed! ;)

It's funny how those trash can pics become such an institution! You've seen this before, but your pic reminded this of our friend on our last trip:

emilyspics039-1.jpg

Can't wait for the GG report!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No hijack can be complete without.......EYE CANDY!! :) You're welcome ladies!

Nothing wrong with Fox News - as long as you realize it ISN'T News; You don't think every word they say was engraved in stone by a finger; and you balance what you see there with other sources ...

Wow! I've never heard them say "Fox news... the #1 name in NOT the news." That would make an interesting slogan. :rofl2: If you go make sure to take notes, pics and share a good thorough report. :)

OK, since this TR is in the garbage can right now...

Here's my photo with Mickey and the can.

KSCN0010-3.jpg

100_1797.jpg

I love this picture!

where is ED? I can't get it to post, but it is the pic of Gabe below :heart: Cherie likes it too!

LOL! Thanks Ally!

This is my all time favorite photo, what a great smile :heart: 100_1797.jpg

And this is next on the hit parade. Watch ouy Captain Jack :dance: 100_8457.jpg

Thanks Doodles! That practice round of sword fighting may come in handy in case Lil H crosses paths with a real pirate.

Just too many great shots to be able to pick out my fav.

Thank you Lou!

100_8457.jpg

Lil H looks like he's doing the chicken dance!smiley_chicken.gif

Maybe we should start a "Trash Can Picture" thread? Everyone must now take a picture in front of one!

Kim, you must start it though, since you started the craze.

Maybe we should start a "Trash Can Picture" thread? Everyone must now take a picture in front of one!

Kim, you must start it though, since you started the craze.

Maybe after this TR is done. My brain is already smoking from sorting through a gazillion photos. LOL!

I love that Lil H got to have a sword fight first thing!

I also love the garbage can pics! The one of you and Mickey and the can is precious. They really had the can decked out back in the day!

They really used to know how to paint a garbage recepticle. LMBO! Oh, thanks Rita.

Day 6 More Magic Kingdom, a visit from Special Fiends and a Fireworks Finale.

I believe we left off with our snack and rest after the EWTOT.

Of course, the Tomorrowland Speedway is a must at least once per trip, so….

BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY BOYS! LET’S GO RACIN’!

Lil’ H especially loves this ride now that he’s tall enough to drive himself.

100_8502.jpg

100_8503.jpg

Gabe and I.

100_8505.jpg

Another shot of H and lil H.

100_1802.jpg

After the big race we were all getting a little tired and ready to head back to Quail Trail for a while but not before one last ride. Looks like Winnie the Pooh wins the majority…ok, unanimous vote.

How can you beat riding in a hunny pot? Sweet ride!

100_8512.jpg

100_8515.jpg

100_8516.jpg

On our way out H snapped this shot of Cinderella Castle.

100_1803.jpg

With our last ride of the morning complete and one last shot of the castle taken we’re on our way back to the Fort.

100_8519.jpg

100_8531.jpg

100_8534.jpg

100_8541.jpg

100_8543.jpg

Ahhhh… Home Sweet Home

100_8544.jpg

100_8545.jpg

For the record. We are VERY anti-new Settlement sign. Boo!!

100_8547.jpg

After we get back home and rest up a bit there was someone knocking on the door..

It was Bob, Kathy and the kids! Yay! We were fortunate enough to spend a great deal of time with them. :heart: It wasn’t long after they got there we heard someone else knocking at the door…

To our delight it was this wonderful fiend!

Our very own magicbus!!! Yay! We missed him last year but this was our lucky year! (A sighting of the one of a kind Disney bus on Day 1 really did pay off!) What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon…with some of the nicest people you could ever meet! :heart:

100_8552.jpg

ETA: I forgot to mention it before but notice the bus in Gabe's hand. It was a gift from Lou. How sweet. Knowing Gabe, I knew it would probably never leave his hand except to eat, sleep and potty. Thank you magicbus!!!

100_8553.jpg

After our visit ended we headed back to Magic Kindom for a few more attractions and to end our day with Wishes. With the weather being very rainy this trip we wanted to make sure we got to see it!

Lil H, being a good Cubscout, asked it he could carry the back pack for me. :heart:

100_1812.jpg

We somehow avoided the EWTOT and headed toward Frontierland. Lil H was ready to ride Splash Mountain. Gabe…not so much. Apparently he remembered that was the direction of Splash. He grabbed my hand yelling NOOOO!!!! Then pulled me in the opposite direction. There was no way he was going on that ride so no use trying. It would have been worse than trying to get him in a poncho. No thank you.

The two H’s are on their own.

100_8565.jpg

Now it’s getting a little later and cooler so this might be the time to take the boys on one of my favorite attractions for the very first time. I haven’t been in many years and am getting a little excited myself. I KNOW this is going to be a hit!

Can you figure it out?

100_8574.jpg

How about now? (Their faces prove I’m right about this being a hit!)

100_8575.jpg

There should be no doubt now as to where we’re headed.

100_8576.jpg

100_8579.jpg

100_8580.jpg

100_8583.jpg

100_8584.jpg

100_8587.jpg

100_8591.jpg

100_8592.jpg

Just exceeded my photo limit. Be back afterwhile with the rest of Day 6.

When they called us back for boarding, two new passengers joined our flight to Tampa. It was Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora, along with their entourage. They were on their way to Tampa to root for the Giants, who were playing in the Super Bowl which was being played there that year.

I'm so jealous! I :heart: Richie! I've seen them a few times, starting in 1987, and they always put on a good show.

Kim -

What a great report! You have so many great pictures! Did the boys get to see the talking trash can? I think it's a Tomorrowland trash can, isn't it?

The boys look like they are having a BALL out at Tom Sawyer's! :dance:

Okay, now I'm really going to study...quit distractin' me... ;)

More great pictures, Kim. You turned my boring Saturday around. :banana:

Thanks Cherie! Glad to help. ;)

I'm so jealous! I :heart: Richie! I've seen them a few times, starting in 1987, and they always put on a good show.

Kim -

What a great report! You have so many great pictures! Did the boys get to see the talking trash can? I think it's a Tomorrowland trash can, isn't it?

The boys look like they are having a BALL out at Tom Sawyer's! :dance:

Okay, now I'm really going to study...quit distractin' me... ;)

Thanks! We did see the talking trash can in Tomorrowland but I had a DUH! moment and didn't take a pic. I take photos of nearly EVERYTHING so I don't know what I was thinking on that one!

The boys really did have a great time at Tom Sawyer's Island. Especially lil' H. He's all into adventure and exploring and such so it was perfect for him. Gabe wasn't a fan of the dark caves so we did other stuff while the H's went their own way.

Now get that homework done! ;)

Day 6 More Magic Kingdom, a visit from Special Fiends and a Fireworks Finale (Continued..)

I’ve just gotta say that Tom Sawyers Island is way cool! The scenery is beautiful and it gets you out of the hustle and bustle.

100_8594.jpg

Where else can you get a glimpse of the Haunted Mansion like this?

100_8596.jpg

We all met back up and headed for the barrel bridge. I didn’t know if Gabe would do it but he’s often full of surprises. We all had a blast crossing it.

100_8597.jpg

100_8598.jpg

We’d been here for a while and were about ready to go but lil H begged for a do over on a couple of things. Gabe and I found a nice shady spot to have some cold water and wait.

100_8602.jpg

100_8603.jpg

100_8604.jpg

100_8607.jpg

100_8609.jpg

100_8606.jpg

Nearly back to civilization…

100_8612.jpg

We made it back to civilization only to be placed in stocks. Bummer.

100_8617.jpg

100_8614.jpg

100_8615.jpg

All of that exploring had worked up an appetite. See these hungry looks on their faces..

100_8621.jpg

Most of you may recognize the background of the above pic. It is our most fave counter service in all of Magic Kingdom. Columbia House. We try to stop there a couple of times per vacation.

100_8626.jpg

100_8627.jpg

100_8628.jpg

100_8629.jpg

After our tanks were full and we were feeling refreshed we probably rode Small World and did a few fantasyland things before headed to Main Street for the fireworks. I say probably because there are no photos to jog my memory. :rofl2:

I like other fireworks shows. I can appreciate WDW changing them for special occasions, but with the exception of 4th of July… Wishes just can’t be topped.

100E1823.jpg

Starlight, Starbright

First star I see tonight.

I wish I may, I wish I might

Have this wish I wish tonight.

100E1825.jpg

We’ll make a wish and do as dreamers do

And all our wishes

Will come true

100E1826.jpg

Oh a world of wishes

A world where dreams come true

So make a wish, see it through

Dare to do what dreamers do

100E1827.jpg

Wishes,

Dream a dream

Wishes,

Set it free

100E1829.jpg

Wishes,

Trust your heart

Just believe…

100E1831.jpg

It doesn't get anymore magical than standing on Main Street with Cinderella castle in front of you, your family around you and such an emotional story being told with amazing fireworks done Walt Disney style! Yes, I still cry. Everytime.

I am going to try to add a link to our Wishes video here a little later. We are about to leave on our last mini trip before school starts back so it will be a few days before the next installment. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and weekbeginning. :)

ETA: As promised here is a link to the video of Wishes I captured. It's my first time using You Tube. Hope it works!

http://youtu.be/F_uFsoAHS3s?hd=1

Hey Kim, the one thing that disappointed me the last time we went to Tom Sawyer's Island was that Aunt Polly's was closed. We used to love going over there for the peace and quiet, and enjoying a mid-afternoon ice cream cone. All that was there was a couple of vending machines. Do you know if that closure was permanent, or seasonal?

Hi Kim, I'm finally catching up and I took notes..

The funnel cakes at Sleepy Hollow are better! Make sure you try on next time. It was the best funnel cake I've had.

I'm anti-poncho. I tried for a while with the WDW ones but it was too frustrating! The hood wouldn't stay on and the sleeves only covered half my arm. I now take my rain jacket and leave in my bookbag.

Great pictures from the Epcot monorail. I haven't done that since 2008, I think. It's wonderful to get a view of the park before you are able to get inside. Really builds the excitement!

I've never noticed the play area on Tom Sawyer's Island. I can't wait till I have a kid and an excuse for playing! I do love the barrel bridge though. I've been known to cross, turn around and go back on the bridge, and then cross again (as long as no kids are waiting to play..)

Great video Ed! Only those on FB can see it though. Any way to share it without having to log in to FB? :)

You gave me goose bumps with this update, Kim. I felt like I was standing right next to you watching Wishes with my best friend :heart:

:heart: Thanks Cheri... exactly what I was hoping for!

Hey Kim, the one thing that disappointed me the last time we went to Tom Sawyer's Island was that Aunt Polly's was closed. We used to love going over there for the peace and quiet, and enjoying a mid-afternoon ice cream cone. All that was there was a couple of vending machines. Do you know if that closure was permanent, or seasonal?

It wouldn't surprise me if it were closed permanently. With all of the more flashy attractions that have been added over the years it seems like Tom Sawyer's Island is one of the best but most overlooked attractions. Poor Aunt Polly may not have been getting quite enough business to keep that ice cream churn going. :( It wasn't even listed in the MK brochure this year.

Kim,

Looking at those pictures, I just noticed that in pictures that Gabe is in, the little WDW bus and yellow fish, I think that's what it is, are not that far away.

You are correct Lou! Sadly the yellow shark formerly known as Bruce tore in half and has been replaced with a playdough cutter of a shark. The WDW bus remains a part of Gabe's core collection. Told ya he'd love it!

Love all the pictures especially wishes! Thank you!

Thank you for following along and I'm so glad you enjoyed the photos!

Fantastic pictures! :banana: :banana: :heart:

Thanks Bob!

Hi Kim, I'm finally catching up and I took notes..

The funnel cakes at Sleepy Hollow are better! Make sure you try on next time. It was the best funnel cake I've had.

I'm anti-poncho. I tried for a while with the WDW ones but it was too frustrating! The hood wouldn't stay on and the sleeves only covered half my arm. I now take my rain jacket and leave in my bookbag.

Great pictures from the Epcot monorail. I haven't done that since 2008, I think. It's wonderful to get a view of the park before you are able to get inside. Really builds the excitement!

I've never noticed the play area on Tom Sawyer's Island. I can't wait till I have a kid and an excuse for playing! I do love the barrel bridge though. I've been known to cross, turn around and go back on the bridge, and then cross again (as long as no kids are waiting to play..)

Thank you rm!! As much as I enjoyed the funnel cake... I don't think I'm gonna try it on! :rofl2: Just kidding. I'll definitely reserve my funnel cake purchases for Sleepy Hollow.

I agree about the monorail going though the park for a sneak peek adds to the anticipation. It is equally exciting to be in the park and see the monorail pass overhead. I wish it happened that way at Magic Kingdom!

The Tom Sawyer play area is cool! Don't wait until you have kids to go there. Go ahead and play.... no one will know none of the kids are yours. LOL!!!

Great video Ed! Only those on FB can see it though. Any way to share it without having to log in to FB? :)

I will have to load it onto YouTube or one of the other video sites to be able to post it. I already had it on facebook. Maybe if I 'share' it - which I'm sure I did already ...

As promised I uploaded our Wishes video to You Tube at the end of the last installment. Here it is again if you want to see it but don't want to backtrack. ;) Beware that this is my very first You Tube video. If I'd realized I would be doing this I would have tried to contain my excitement and hold the camera still. :rofl2:

http://youtu.be/F_uFsoAHS3s?hd=1

I will have to load it onto YouTube or one of the other video sites to be able to post it. I already had it on facebook. Maybe if I 'share' it - which I'm sure I did already ...

I agree that if you "shared" it... it should post automatically. Thanks anyway Ed. I really enjoyed it!

Good grief! Obviously I haven't been on here in quite some time. Looks like I'm gonna have to skip church to catch up! :rofl2:

I'm glad to see you Liv! But for heaven's sake don't skip church!!! :rofl2:

Kim, I'm with Cherie about the Wishes and the way you posted. Maybe one day soon we can all be there together for them! I'm with Gabe, I don't care for Splash Mountain at all!

Thank you Rita! Wouldn't it be fantastic for us all to be there watching it together!? Hopefully one day we can make it happen! :heart:

I love Splash Mountain but didn't get to ride. Boo! My sis in law would be with you on that one. She got mad at my bro for getting her on it a few years ago. :rofl3: