H and KFK's Fourth at the Fort AND BEYOND!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No hijack can be complete without.......EYE CANDY!! :) You're welcome ladies!

Nothing wrong with Fox News - as long as you realize it ISN'T News; You don't think every word they say was engraved in stone by a finger; and you balance what you see there with other sources ...

Wow! I've never heard them say "Fox news... the #1 name in NOT the news." That would make an interesting slogan. :rofl2: If you go make sure to take notes, pics and share a good thorough report. :)

I'm glad to see you Liv! But for heaven's sake don't skip church!!! :rofl2:

I didn't. The kids wouldn't let me. Now I'm going to have to stay up all night to read 22 pages of what I already know is a FABULOUS TR!!!

And for the record, I've been staying away because I can't stand to see Lisa's ticker! :'(

Still following along and lovin' it! :heart:

Thank you my sweet fiend. ;)

I didn't. The kids wouldn't let me. Now I'm going to have to stay up all night to read 22 pages of what I already know is a FABULOUS TR!!!

And for the record, I've been staying away because I can't stand to see Lisa's ticker! :'(

If you're jealous of Lisa's ticker... take a gander at mine! Notice it doesn't say x amount of days UNTIL next trip. It says X amount of days SINCE last trip! :eek: At least you've got one coming up. The only thing left of mine is this TR and the sea of receipts! :rofl2:

You're only about a month behind her.

I like Lisa's ticker. I'll get to see her, Bruce, and their new puppy.

Now I'M jealous. ;)

Been too tired to get another installment posted today since we just got back into town but hopefully I can git r done tomorrow. :)

I love Lisa's ticker, but it makes me regret my decision to not be there when she, Bruce, Fudge, and the new puppy are gonna be. :'(

If you're jealous of Lisa's ticker... take a gander at mine! Notice it doesn't say x amount of days UNTIL next trip. It says X amount of days SINCE last trip! :eek: At least you've got one coming up. The only thing left of mine is this TR and the sea of receipts! :rofl2:

Now I'M jealous. ;)

I do have a trip coming up ... with a half marathon attached to it! :argh: What was I thinking? Obviously, I wasn't!!

I love Lisa's ticker, but it makes me regret my decision to not be there when she, Bruce, Fudge, and the new puppy are gonna be. :'(

I do have a trip coming up ... with a half marathon attached to it! :argh: What was I thinking? Obviously, I wasn't!!

You go girl!!! Mine came with a marathon too! Just ask the fiends at the GG. :rofl2: Gabe took off Kentucky Derby style!

Your update made my eyes water, I remember seeing wishes for the first time with the kiddos last year.. it was pretty amazing. I'm sad to report that we have never been to Tom's Island.. but we shall this year!! As always, your boys are just to darn cute for words!

How sweet!!! Thank you Judy!!! Make sure not to miss Tom Sawyer's Island. It is very hilly with caves and such to go through etc. Great fun for the kiddos!!! Lil H especially loved it and wants to make it a tradition. Heck, even the raft ride over there is pretty cool! :banana:

Day 7 July 3 The Day of the Grand Gathering!!!

Ahhhh!!! It is soooo nice to be able to sleep in this morning. As if we didn’t most other mornings. ;)

We are at the Fort. It’s July 3 and we’re not going in a park. What should we do? Go looping of course!!!! After a nice breakfast, I can’t remember what it was but I’m sure it was fabulous, :rofl2: we all piled on our super fast Kenny cart and hit the Fort Wilderness Trail. Literally. That’s the name of the road right? We were zipping around having loads of fun when when we passed Tnbob on his stylish and faster than the speed of light golf cart. Hehehe. Thank goodness we passed him or we’d have missed the tie dye going on at Jen and Chris’ site! THANKS BOB!!!! Of course we immediately headed for Jen’s on the 1700 loop.

Here’s lil H man working on his T shirt. It turned out fantastic! I’ll have to post a pic later on as I don’t have one in my vacation photos.

100_1832.jpg

Gabe was getting a little restless so H took him on a GC ride and left us to finish up the tie dye project. He said he’d be back to pick us up in a few minutes. :rofl2: After we were done we visited for a while and the fiends started to go their separate ways to prepare for the GG later on. We waited……

And waited….

And waited….

Thankfully Kathy was still there and offered us a ride back. We ended up stopping by their site so she could put a ham in the oven. Do I know who to hitch a ride with or what? ;) My hitchhiking turned into quite a nice visit!

Thanks to lil H, our budding photog, we have a few shots to show for our visit.

100_8651.jpg

100_8654.jpg

As you can see… H did finally decide to pick us up. I was starting to wonder if he‘d tried to make a clean break.

100_8659.jpg

100_8647.jpg

100_8644.jpg

Gabe and Kathy

100_8648.jpg

As much as we were enjoying our time with the TN Fiends, we had promised the boys a trip to the pool. If we were gonna have enough time to let them swim before the GG we’d better get going.

P7032946.jpg

P7032948.jpg

P7032949.jpg

Yes, our boys still love the kiddie splash area. Yay! Makes it easier to keep an eye on them!

P7032951.jpg

P7032960.jpg

H acts like he’s coming down Humunga Cowabunga!!! :rofl2:

P7032968.jpg

After a nice time cooling off we didn’t have much time to waste. We really needed to get back and get ourselves ready for the GG!!! When we got back to 912 H went on inside with the kids and I stayed outside to do something.. Can’t remember what now.. When someone yelled out scaring the daylights out of me!!! It was Kel!!! Aka. Tiggerinbama!!! We’d just met at Jen’s but it was nice to have a few minutes to chat again. Finished getting ready and off to the GG we go…

By now you’ve all probably picked up on the fact that I take lots of photos. Keep in mind that I’m not even posting 1/3 of what I took. You would think that I would be sure to get great shots of the fiends. Sadly, sometimes I get caught up In the excitement and my photos suffer for it. Some of these are blurry b/c I didn’t take time to hold the camera still.

100_1845.jpg

Scooterminnie, Magicbus, total joker

100_1840.jpg

Auburnjen, Harlie Quinn, Keylime, mrsTnbob, me.

100_1842.jpg

MandMluvMMDVC… mmmmmm and mmmmmm whatever and Total Joker.

What the heck are ya doing Bob? Ha!

100_1846.jpg

100_1848.jpg

Mr. Scooterminnie, Richie(Mr. Lorna duck), the Devores

100_1854.jpg

Bob, Kathy, Homebrew, M and m and mmmmm’s son

H and Gabe.

100_1857.jpg

100_1859.jpg

Bob, Tiggerinbama, Jen, Total joker.

100_1861.jpg

Lil H and Baily (TN grandkid)

H, Lou and Jen deep into a very important conversation.

100_1865.jpg

Center of the photo is 4brians or at least 1 of the 4brians. ;)

100_1866.jpg

Our original plan was to leave the GG and head over to the Polynesian Resort to watch the Fourth of July fireworks since Magic Kingdom does them on the 3rd and 4th. Of course, hanging out with all the fiends, having a magical time we couldn’t pry ourselves away in time so we decided to watch them from Clementine’s Beach.

I have to give a shout out to the traffic CM’s on our way TO the beach. Very organized and hassle free. Leaving the beach AFTER the fireworks… not so much. L Anyhoo….

Unfortunately we weren’t able to find any fiends to sit with but we still had a great time. I only took a few pics of the fireworks from the beach b/c we had plans to watch them from Main Street on the Fourth.

7-13-2011_016.jpg

P7032972.jpg

P7032970.jpg

P7032973.jpg

P7032974.jpg

It was a great day.

I love the Fort and God bless America. flag_1.gif

Now I know how Dave feels... ;)

Me too!! Me too!! Can't wait to see you again Lou! We leave two weeks from tomorrow! Soon we will be doing the single digit dance!! :banana:

Is that dog always sleeping?

No. That pup has plenty of energy. :rofl2:

What the heck is he doing? The look on MandMLuv's face has me a little concerned :rofl2:

Another great update, Kim. Lil H takes a darn good picture :banana:

I know right? MandM does look like she's keeping an eye on Bob. Of course we know that he's probably up to no good! ;)

Thanks Doodle! :heart:

Now I know how Dave feels... ;)

Me too!! Me too!! Can't wait to see you again Lou! We leave two weeks from tomorrow! Soon we will be doing the single digit dance!! :banana:

Jealous. That is all. ;)

Sorry Kim....slight detour here:

So Lisa, are we getting together for donuts??? What day are you passing through?

Detour for donuts? No problemo. It's a worthy cause. :)

Hey Kim! Still loving your report! So jealous of all the fun you had, especially at a GG, which I've never been lucky enough to go to!

H acts like he’s coming down Humunga Cowabunga!!! :rofl2:

P7032968.jpg

Love it!

It was a great day.

I love the Fort and God bless America. flag_1.gif

Very well said.

Looking forward to more!

Leslie

I'm still loving your trip report! Great pictures...even the blurry ones are great!

:heart: Thanks Holly!

Hey Kim! Still loving your report! So jealous of all the fun you had, especially at a GG, which I've never been lucky enough to go to!

Leslie

Well we just need to do something to change that don't we?! ;) and thanks for following along. :)

Is this what Bob was thinking?

Conductor.jpg

:rofl2: Oh Lawd Lou!!! That broke me up!!!

Now I can't stop thinking about the Maestro on Seinfeld! And a one and a two and a three... :rofl2:

Looks like he is trying to channel Harry Potter :rofl2:

or Lawrence Welk... WUNNERFUL, WUNNERFUL, WUNNERFUL!! :rofl2:

Day 8 July 4

Golf Cart Parade, Fort Fun, MK Patriotic Fireworks Display

I failed to mention that a day or two ago we’d been out on a golf cart excursion and when we got back H noticed a note on our steps. I heard him exclaiming “Awww man!!! No way!!!!” It was a note from TCD. We’d been spiked! Cool beans! We were very excited at having our own piece of the FWRR!

Since we’d never met TCD in person we were really hoping to catch up with him at some point. He’s not easy to find due to the fact that he is rarely at home. After waking up one morning (one of my few mornings of actually sleeping in a little late) H said “you just missed him. He was just here for a visit and we had a nice chat.” What the Fort? He couldn’t even wake me up? Chicken. TCD already covered that discussion in his TR so I’ll leave it there. But not before I call H a chicken one more time.

CHICKEN!

Anyway… time to move on to our Fourth of July at Fort Wilderness.

After having a quick breakfast we high tailed it over to find a good spot for the Golf Cart parade.

P7032975.jpg

P7032977.jpg

Gabe still has the Disney Bus in hand. Go Lou! You made a friend for life with that little gift.

P7032980.jpg

I know you’ve already seen loads of photos better than the ones I took of the GC parade so I’ll try to keep mine to a minimum.

Besides, that will only leave room for other FW photos in this installment. ;)

P7032987.jpg

P7033009.jpg

P7033000.jpg

See I told ya I’d keep the GC pics to a minimum.

After the parade was over we went back to the site to stash all the goodies, the boys had heaps of candy and favors… enough to keep their dentist living the good life for quite some time. :rofl2:

Gabe chillin out with his parade beads and a cuppa joe… :eek:

P7033017.jpg

Lil H was wanting to ride his bike around the loop and this seemed like a perfect time for just such an activity.

P7033027.jpg

Gabe didn’t want to be left out. This is how he takes his bike for a spin.

P7033026.jpg

All the times we’d been around this loop in our coming and goings of it all….

We never noticed that there was another fiend among us. If I hadn’t been walking with Gabe I may have never seen this …

P7033032.jpg

We’d been neighbors with Princess nana for days and had no idea! Now that I knew she was there I kept my eyes and ears open for an opportunity to stalk… I mean meet her. My stalker skills did finally pay off . As they were leaving one morning I ran over and introduced myself. Very nice family!

My parents and bro had already arrived and were staying at the Wilderness Lodge. The plan was to meet them in the MK later on for a few rides and watch the fireworks. We were already a little park weary so we weren’t in a real hurry to get there. Besides, it was the 4th, the park would be very crowded and we weren’t really wanting to do anything but the watch the fireworks anyway. Soooo we did what any good fiend would do in this situation. We hopped on our kenny cart and headed for who knows where…

It occurred to us that we hadn’t yet met a certain fiend yet so we sped on over to the 1500 loop hoping that we could catch him. Right there in the very first site I spotted a familiar face! A TCD twin! What a darling! Really, I’m serious. Very sweet girl! She pointed toward Meadows and said that her dad was right up there at the footbridge talking to someone.

As we pulled up to the footbridge we quickly realized that TCD was there chatting with the Devores, whom we‘d already met. Wonderful family! It was like a mini gathering right there in the street. Very super nice folks! Great to meet you Andrew! Some of you already know that TCD was coming from the pool. Yes, Mrs. Devore and I had a chat with TCD while he was in his swimsuit. Eat your hearts out ladies.

All good things must come to an end and it was time to be moving on… the little KFNatives were getting restless. So we thanked Andrew for our spikes, said our goodbyes and hit the FW Trail.. Actually Big Pine Way, but you get the idea. ;)

First on our agenda was the playground at Pioneer Hall. Lil H had been begging to play on that particular one soooooo ….. Here we go.

100_8734.jpg

100_8712.jpg

100_8716.jpg

View from the playground bench..

100_8723.jpg

After a little while on the playground we wandered around the area and took it all in.

I can’t remember what It’s like to do this without wild youngun’s.

I’m sure it was nice but I think I like it with wild youngun’s best. ;)

100_8738.jpg

“All I wanna do ooo ooo ooo is linger here… on the froooo ooont porch with you…”

I love Burl’s porch don’t you?

100_8740.jpg

100_8742.jpg

100_8744.jpg

100_8749.jpg

100_8750.jpg

100_8751.jpg

We were pretty relaxed and enjoying the porch but we wanted to take in a few more areas of the Fort before meeting up with the family.

100_8752.jpg

The entire day was spent doing what families should be doing. Spending quality, relaxed time together at WDW.

I love Fort Wilderness.

Coming up: MK 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular! And I’m not exaggerating!

This was an awesome update, Kim. The boys are so darn cute. You're right it is a different experience when you don't the youngun's. I miss not having little ones to share the magic with, they bring :fairydust: with them :heart:

Can we use this picture for the MIA fiends to hang on a tree?100_8742.jpg

This was an awesome update, Kim. The boys are so darn cute. You're right it is a different experience when you don't the youngun's. I miss not having little ones to share the magic with, they bring :fairydust: with them :heart:

Can we use this picture for the MIA fiends to hang on a tree?100_8742.jpg

Thank you Cherie! You're right, they do bring :fairydust: with them.

Yes. You may use that pic for the Tree of Shame. It's a darn sight better than the one ya'll were threatening to use! :rofl2:

:popcorn:

Did you pop enough popcorn to share with the rest of us? ;)

Wonderful update Kim. But I can't believe you called H a CHICKEN! :rofl2:

Thanks Dave. But you betta believe it! In fact, he KNOWS I called him CHICKEN!

I caught him practicing for So You Think You Can Dance?chicken-little2.gif