H and KFK's Fourth at the Fort AND BEYOND!!!!

TCD the way you whip out photos from long ago is quite impressive.. I can only imagine the files and folders you must have on your computer, how DO you keep them so organized?? I've been meaning to organize pictures for the past 15 years.. needsless to say.. I don't find anything fast.. :blink:

I'll tell you one of my secrets. One of the benefits to writing detailed trip reports is that I can usually recall an event and then search the text in the report relating to this event. In this case, I remembered that I met Dave right around April Fool's Day in 2009 (how appropriate). So, I pulled up that report and searched for the word "plans," and there was the photo I was looking for! It works quite well.

So write detailed trip reports!

Just like KFK!

TCD

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No hijack can be complete without.......EYE CANDY!! :) You're welcome ladies!

Nothing wrong with Fox News - as long as you realize it ISN'T News; You don't think every word they say was engraved in stone by a finger; and you balance what you see there with other sources ...

Wow! I've never heard them say "Fox news... the #1 name in NOT the news." That would make an interesting slogan. :rofl2: If you go make sure to take notes, pics and share a good thorough report. :)

That is awesome Dave!

I didn't remember that you were the first to call out site 617. And, it didn't even have its number yet.

Of course, back then it didn't have the swell fence it has now.

That fence really made everything better.

KFK- Great 617 pics! That site is still one of my favorites!

TCD

Agreed. The fence makes all the difference. If it weren't for the fence 617 would be a crummy site. The fence makes it awesome.

There may be more photos of the Holy Grail of campsites coming up soon.

So write detailed trip reports!

Just like KFK!

TCD

Does "detailed" really mean long winded? :rofl3:

Actually, I agree that writing a TR helps you to find photos and also recall small details that you would otherwise forget over time. I wish I could remember more by the time I get around to the TR. My plan was to journal each day as we went along but it didn't work out.

FINAL INSTALLMENT…

Of Day 4

We are coming to the close of day 4. Apparently we had gone back to 912 and have taken another GC tour of the fort as the streets are wet from rain and weren’t earlier… or maybe it rained while we were out. Who knows? Anyhoo… we’ll continue on.

P6302909.jpg

P6302910.jpg

Don’t worry these aren’t the only 2 pics of the RC area. There are a lot more coming up when I get to my bike tour of a lifetime installment.

P6302913.jpg

P6302914.jpg

More photos …

P6302915.jpg

P6302916.jpg

P6302917.jpg

P6302918.jpg

P6302919.jpg

P6302920.jpg

Since we were getting hungry and Trail’s End is right there we decided to order a little takeout, ride around till it’s done and come back for pick up.

P6302921.jpg

P6302922.jpg

P6302923.jpg

P6302924.jpg

P6302925.jpg

P6302926.jpg

P6302927.jpg

Looks like I’m nominated to go in for pick up so I decided to snap a photo of the fella’s first.

P6302928.jpg

With takeout in hand and seated in the GC it’s time to head back to Quail Trail.

P6302929.jpg

P6302930.jpg

P6302931.jpg

I don’t know why but I decided to snap a pic of the ring carver stand. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anyone buy a carved ring but that stand has been around for quite a while so I guess someone’s buying them.

P6302934.jpg

I know that the word takeout inspired thoughts of the highly famed Giddyap and Go. A.k.a. GAG.

Sorry to disappoint you. We had fried chicken on our first night at Lake Magic...the Non magical, non lake campround.

We weren’t ready for more fried chicken so ....

we ordered the very fresh

made to order

culinary delight you see here….

P6302935.jpg

P6302936.jpg

I know some of you are ready to hurl insults at me over this. :rofl2: Gabe had been begging for pizza and we were hungry. No one wanted chicken and I wasn’t cooking. So there.

Actually it wasn’t has horrible as some we’ve had in the past. Not great but we lived through it. ;)

After our tummies were no longer rumbly the KFKids felt like a little sword play.

P6302938.jpg

P6302939.jpg

P6302940.jpg

As far as I can tell that ends the photos from Day 4. If I find more I’ll let ya’ll know and randomly work them into the TR. I never promised this would go in order.

Your boys make me smile, such cute kids!! Is that a ice maker I see in the pic under the TV? I'm in the market for one of those.. any recommendations?

Thank you Judy!!! They make me smile too but I may be partial. ;)

Yes, that is an ice maker and we love it! Ours is an Emerson from Target. I can't remember what we paid but I'll ask H and let you know.

I don’t know why but I decided to snap a pic of the ring carver stand. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anyone buy a carved ring but that stand has been around for quite a while so I guess someone’s buying them.

P6302934.jpg

Geez!

What rock have you been living under?

Did you miss the whole carved ring craze of '08?

I sure didn't.

It seem that a certain Jonas Brother (you remember them, don't you?) by the name of Nick bought himself a carved ring at the MK (the stand is outside POC). He even wore it in a photo shoot.

After that all of the cool girls just had to have a carved ring just like Nick.

His ring said "PONED" of all things. That was a cool lingo among the young folks back then.

My DD's found the actual gentleman who carved Nick J.'s ring. He used to work at the Fort on occasion, but I haven't seen him in a while.

Long story short, old TCD has purchase a few of them carved rings.

Hopefully Justin Bieber doesn't get one.

TCD

p.s. If anyone would like to buy a PONED ring, please let me know. There are several discarded ones around my house.

All right another installment. Love the pictures, especially of the boys :banana: The pizza isn't the best is it, but when a boy needs pizza, you do what you gotta do :heart:

You have piqued my curiosity, I'm waiting impatiently for the bike tour to commence :popcorn:

Yes, the ring carver continues to make money!

Nathen & Amanda were friends for a year or so before they "made it official" when we took her to the Fort. Nathen surprised her with a carved ring that says:

N :heart: A

She wears it to this day, 3 years later!

Geez!

What rock have you been living under?

Did you miss the whole carved ring craze of '08?

I sure didn't.

It seem that a certain Jonas Brother (you remember them, don't you?) by the name of Nick bought himself a carved ring at the MK (the stand is outside POC). He even wore it in a photo shoot.

After that all of the cool girls just had to have a carved ring just like Nick.

His ring said "PONED" of all things. That was a cool lingo among the young folks back then.

My DD's found the actual gentleman who carved Nick J.'s ring. He used to work at the Fort on occasion, but I haven't seen him in a while.

Long story short, old TCD has purchase a few of them carved rings.

Hopefully Justin Bieber doesn't get one.

TCD

p.s. If anyone would like to buy a PONED ring, please let me know. There are several discarded ones around my house.

Apparently I was under one of those Fort Wilderness Rocks at the Outpost. I missed out on the carved ring craze.

Then again I only have boys and they don't care about the Jonas brothers or whether or not they have carved rings. Heck, I've never even heard the term PONED.

I hope Justin Bieber doesn't get a carved ring either... for your sake. Since I have only boys I won't have to worry about it for myself.

I took a younger cousin to a New Kids On The Block concert. I've paid my dues. :rofl2:

All right another installment. Love the pictures, especially of the boys :banana: The pizza isn't the best is it, but when a boy needs pizza, you do what you gotta do :heart:

You have piqued my curiosity, I'm waiting impatiently for the bike tour to commence :popcorn:

You're right doodle... you gotta do whatcha gotta do. It was the only way.

The bike tour is later in the report. Wayyyy later. ;)

Apparently I was under one of those Fort Wilderness Rocks at the Outpost. I missed out on the carved ring craze.

Then again I only have boys and they don't care about the Jonas brothers or whether or not they have carved rings. Heck, I've never even heard the term PONED.

I hope Justin Bieber doesn't get a carved ring either... for your sake. Since I have only boys I won't have to worry about it for myself.

I took a younger cousin to a New Kids On The Block concert. I've paid my dues. :rofl2:

Apparently you have been living under a rock.

I went to Urban Dictionary to get a good definition of PONED for you.

That site cracks me up!

There are some folks on there who could teach some folks on here about snark.

But anyway, I have seen PONED spelled as pwned. I believe the latter is the correct spelling.

My daughters always told me the word was a combination of the words punked and owned. You would say it when you beat someone in a game, like: "I sure poned you on the tetherball court today."

Well, look what is says on Urban Dictionary:

a misspelled form of the misspelled word "pwned." usually said by 12 year old Jonas Brothers fans who are complete tools of the Jonas Brothers. Jonas Brothers also take credit for the creation of "poned" when really it was formed on the internet

Who knew?

TCD

P6282758.jpg

Finally made it to the last page posted. Out of all your pictures, this was my favorite and my DD Nikki's too. Her mouth just dropped open when she saw it and she said "That......is......so......awesome!" I loved your report and all the great pictures. Thanks so much for sharing! Can't wait for more!

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anyone buy a carved ring but that stand has been around for quite a while so I guess someone’s buying them.

P6302934.jpg

Kim, you crack me up.

You say you're not sure you've ever seen anyone buy a carved ring at that stand...and you then post a picture of some lady buying a carved ring.

:rofl2:

Ha! That lady sure PONED you!! :popo:

Kim, you crack me up.

You say you're not sure you've ever seen anyone buy a carved ring at that stand...and you then post a picture of some lady buying a carved ring.

I thought the same thing.

Apparently you have been living under a rock.

I went to Urban Dictionary to get a good definition of PONED for you.

That site cracks me up!

But anyway, I have seen PONED spelled as pwned. I believe the latter is the correct spelling.

My daughters always told me the word was a combination of the words punked and owned. You would say it when you beat someone in a game, like: "I sure poned you on the tetherball court today."

Well, look what is says on Urban Dictionary:

a misspelled form of the misspelled word "pwned." usually said by 12 year old Jonas Brothers fans who are complete tools of the Jonas Brothers. Jonas Brothers also take credit for the creation of "poned" when really it was formed on the internet

Who knew?

TCD

I sure didn't know. Thanks for the lesson in urban lingo. KFK has been schooled. ;)

P6282758.jpg

Finally made it to the last page posted. Out of all your pictures, this was my favorite and my DD Nikki's too. Her mouth just dropped open when she saw it and she said "That......is......so......awesome!" I loved your report and all the great pictures. Thanks so much for sharing! Can't wait for more!

Thanks TC85... glad you're following along! :)

Enjoying all your great pics. Handsome boys you have there! Cant wait for the next installment.

Thank you cinderella. Another installment should be posted tonite.... Lord willing and the boys don't drive me nuts. :rofl:

Kim, you crack me up.

:rofl2: OH LAWD!!!! I didn't even notice her at first! :rofl2:

I have seen people at the stand browsing and then they walk away. It looks like she is actually buying a carved ring. I guess I lose my detective badge over that one! Hahahahaha!

It's a good thing I just learned the meaning of PONED! ;)

Now let me give a brief example of my observation skills while we were looping. (I'm usually a little sharper than this)...

H: "Kim did you see that?"

Me: "No. What?"

H: "How did you miss that?! What were you doing?"

Me: "Oh, looking around, taking it all in."

H: :rofl2:

Kim - are you being stalked by a bicycle guy???

Looks like you lost him before you got that good looking pizza, so I guess all is well.

Wow Leslie! I only saw bicycle guy in 2 photos. You spotted him in 3. I guess I really should turn in my detective badge immediately. LOL! I'm glad we ditched him! He looks very suspicious.

I thought the same thing.

I will work on my observation skills. They've been a little off lately. :rofl3:

Sounds like we would be good observers together. DD always says "Hey look at that" and apparently, I am slow to respond because everytime I look up and say "What?", I've already missed it.

Lovin' all your pics. The boys look like they're having a ball! A good sword fight is good for the soul.

I'm enjoying this TR, I can't wait for the next installment (sometimes I wait days) :rofl2: :heart:

Maybe the it will end with your return to SM site 18 :rofl2: :heart:

Seems if you put the heart in with the rofl it doesn't seem so snarky :rofl2: :heart:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

They are not off honey, your a mom, you only focus in on loss of property, limb or body fluid.. the other stuff is just logistics..

at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

I think I'll accept that! It's my story too!

Sounds like we would be good observers together. DD always says "Hey look at that" and apparently, I am slow to respond because everytime I look up and say "What?", I've already missed it.

Lovin' all your pics. The boys look like they're having a ball! A good sword fight is good for the soul.

Two peas in a pod we are. Couldn't you see us now... Hey Beth what did I miss? I dunno Kim I wasn't lookin'! Hahahaha!

I'm enjoying this TR, I can't wait for the next installment (sometimes I wait days)

Maybe the it will end with your return to SM site 18 :rofl2: :heart:

Seems if you put the heart in with the rofl it doesn't seem so snarky :rofl2: :heart:

Man! Take a few side trips in the middle of a TR and look what happens. No respect! :rofl2: :heart:

You could be right. Maybe I can just continue this TR with the SM report.

No matter how many hearts you put with your rofl.... I'm still feeling the snark. :heart: :rofl2:

:heart: :rofl2:

Don't encourage him doodle. LOL!

Day 5 July 1

Epcot

After a rainy but fun filled day at the Fort we were ready to venture out and head to Epcot (at least lil’ H was). We like to take the boat to MK then a monorail to Epcot. It takes longer, I know, but we just enjoy going that way. Here are a few photos while we were waiting on our MK boat.

100_8347.jpg

100_8342.jpg

100_8344.jpg

H captured this photo of the Pirate Cruise. Lil’ H did this a few years ago with his cousin and said it was AWESOME! Poor thing had a broken leg but the CM’s made him feel better by making him the mascot “peg leg” pirate.

100_8345.jpg

100_8346.jpg

Do you know how it feels when you’re on World Drive and you see the first monorail of your trip? I always get excited thinking that we ARE that monorail for some of the guests arriving.

100_8353.jpg

And here are some shots from the monorail…

100_8354.jpg

100_8355.jpg

100_8356.jpg

100_8359.jpg

100_8360.jpg

100_8361.jpg

After we’d made our way through security Lil’ H really wanted to ride Spaceship Earth. We are never anti- long ride seated in the a/c soooo…. Spaceship Earth it is.

100_8364.jpg

Another photo of the backside of KFK and a KFkid. H may lose his photography priveledges.

100_8365.jpg

I really like this 40th anniversary logo. The retro world with Mickey Ears inside the D take me way back.

100_8367.jpg

Since this IS Shark Week and I happen to have several photos of the boys posing with Bruce and the other sharks from The Seas With Nemo and Friends… I’ll go ahead and share a few.

100_8369.jpg

100_8374.jpg

100_8376.jpg

100_8379.jpg

100_8385.jpg

H and the boys enjoying one of the many aquariums.

100_8389.jpg

100_8392.jpg

After enjoying a VERY LONG visit with the fishies (Gabe could stay in there all day!) it was time to move along.

We decided we would rather ride Soarin’ and the boat ride at the Land before Journey into Imagination. We didn’t take any photos of Soarin’ but we did overdo it on the boat ride with 2 photos. :rofl2:

100_8403.jpg

100_8404.jpg

Next we backtracked to the Journey Into Imagination pavilion. The photos are pretty underwhelming… just the backs of the boys heads doing stuff so I’ll wait and share photos from our second visit to Epcot. Then we, with a lot of help from lil H, decided to head over to Test Track and Mission Space. Gabe has decided that he is no longer a fan of TT and there was no way on this planet was he getting in one of those cars so just before we got to the loading area I had to find an exit. Fortunately he did still enjoy Mission Space so all of us were able to ride together.

I had too many images so I had to split up this installment. BRB.

(day 5 continued)

Now we were ready to walk around World Showcase. Yeah Right! We usually make it about halfway when the whining starts. One day we’ll get to do that again. At least that is what we tell ourselves. ;)

One of our favorite’s just so happens to be our first stop. Mexico. We all love the boat ride. I loved it before the change but I think I love it even more now. I know the boys do because they are huge Donald Duck fans. Who isn’t?

Lil’ H always NEEDS to try on a sombrero.

100_8423.jpg

I’ve always avoided this ritual but this time the little kiddo got me. How can I refuse that sweet face?

100_8424.jpg

Gabe usually doesn’t care about these types of things but surprisingly he didn’t want to be left out this time.

100_8425.jpg

Last year when we came out of Mexico. Caballero Donald was there for a meet and greet. We tried to get in line but we were too late. We could only stand there and watch the last few children have their photos with Donald. The pitiful faces of my own kids were nearly unbearable. But not this year!!! :banana:

100_8429.jpg

I had really wanted to head to France for a certain pastry that my cousin told me about but the kids were tired, there was a Bon Jovi tribute band and a funnel cake stand was right there in front of the American Adventure. While I have been to a (real) Bon Jovi concert, I’ve never had a funnel cake before. I suppose that made me a funnel cake virgin. Something had to be done about that. I’ve heard to much about the joys of funnel cake so there was no need to take another step toward France.

The Bon Jovi tribute band was proving to be pretty darn good.

IMG_20110701_191534.jpg

*I took a photo of the funnel cake but I can’t find it for the life of me. Sorry. When I run across it I’ll post it either here or on one of the food threads. I will say that it was pretty good. One funnel cake was enough for all of us.

When we got back to Quail Trail I noticed that someone new was in the site next to us. Bear in mind that Ally, aka keylime and I had been furiously texting back and forth for days. She really wanted that site. I was hoping it was her but a man walked out that didn’t look like her hubby so I, with my sad face, walked away. My sadness would be short lived. H said “Hey! Guess who’s across the street!!”

100_8434.jpg

They weren’t home until late that night but I knew I’d finally get to meet my fiend face to face very soon! Yes! All is well on Quail Trail!!!