H and KFK's Fourth at the Fort AND BEYOND!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No hijack can be complete without.......EYE CANDY!! :) You're welcome ladies!

Nothing wrong with Fox News - as long as you realize it ISN'T News; You don't think every word they say was engraved in stone by a finger; and you balance what you see there with other sources ...

Wow! I've never heard them say "Fox news... the #1 name in NOT the news." That would make an interesting slogan. :rofl2: If you go make sure to take notes, pics and share a good thorough report. :)

KFK-

Great job on the updates!

I love the photos from the monorail entering Epcot.

It's been a while since we took the monorail to Epcot.

I am going to have to do something about that.

I also love the photo of Gabe in the sombrero. That is a great photo of him!

I see that H has more SC gear on. You weren't lying about that!

Oh, your report has almost moved in to third place for most viewed TR here on FF.net. It will definitely be there soon!

Keep up the good work!

TCD

Okkkkkkkkkk, that was worth waiting for! :banana:

Is the a Epcot trip where no one puts those hats on and gets a picture?

Great pictures!

here's a few for y'all :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

(day 5 continued)

Now we were ready to walk around World Showcase. Yeah Right! We usually make it about halfway when the whining starts. One day we’ll get to do that again. At least that is what we tell ourselves. ;)

One of our favorite’s just so happens to be our first stop. Mexico. We all love the boat ride. I loved it before the change but I think I love it even more now. I know the boys do because they are huge Donald Duck fans. Who isn’t?

Lil’ H always NEEDS to try on a sombrero.

100_8423.jpg

I’ve always avoided this ritual but this time the little kiddo got me. How can I refuse that sweet face?

100_8424.jpg

Gabe usually doesn’t care about these types of things but surprisingly he didn’t want to be left out this time.

100_8425.jpg

Last year when we came out of Mexico. Caballero Donald was there for a meet and greet. We tried to get in line but we were too late. We could only stand there and watch the last few children have their photos with Donald. The pitiful faces of my own kids were nearly unbearable. But not this year!!! :banana:

100_8429.jpg

I had really wanted to head to France for a certain pastry that my cousin told me about but the kids were tired, there was a Bon Jovi tribute band and a funnel cake stand was right there in front of the American Adventure. While I have been to a (real) Bon Jovi concert, I’ve never had a funnel cake before. I suppose that made me a funnel cake virgin. Something had to be done about that. I’ve heard to much about the joys of funnel cake so there was no need to take another step toward France.

The Bon Jovi tribute band was proving to be pretty darn good.

IMG_20110701_191534.jpg

*I took a photo of the funnel cake but I can’t find it for the life of me. Sorry. When I run across it I’ll post it either here or on one of the food threads. I will say that it was pretty good. One funnel cake was enough for all of us.

When we got back to Quail Trail I noticed that someone new was in the site next to us. Bear in mind that Ally, aka keylime and I had been furiously texting back and forth for days. She really wanted that site. I was hoping it was her but a man walked out that didn’t look like her hubby so I, with my sad face, walked away. My sadness would be short lived. H said “Hey! Guess who’s across the street!!”

100_8434.jpg

:heart:

They weren’t home until late that night but I knew I’d finally get to meet my fiend face to face very soon! Yes! All is well on Quail Trail!!!

:heart:

I suppose it will have to be for tonight :rofl2: :heart:

I'll try to be quicker next time. LOL!

KFK-

Great job on the updates!

I love the photos from the monorail entering Epcot.

It's been a while since we took the monorail to Epcot.

I am going to have to do something about that.

I also love the photo of Gabe in the sombrero. That is a great photo of him!

I see that H has more SC gear on. You weren't lying about that!

Oh, your report has almost moved in to third place for most viewed TR here on FF.net. It will definitely be there soon!

Keep up the good work!

TCD

Thanks TCD. Even though our route to Epcot is longer it sure is a lot of fun and gives us a chance to take a ride on the monorail. We are Pro- Disney transportation all the way! We don't even mind changing monorails at the TTC. The scenery is awesome and we get to hear the classic "por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas". Can't beat that with a stick.

I was so happy.. Gabe just grabbed a sombrero and put it on! That alone was enough to tickle us pink. The fact that he posed for a pic with such a great smile was the cherry on top!

Third place? whoa! Does that mean i get to stand on the podium with a silver medal? Cool!

Thanks for the kind comments.

Okkkkkkkkkk, that was worth waiting for!

Is the a Epcot trip where no one puts those hats on and gets a picture?

Great pictures!

here's a few for y'all :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thanks Robert!

We never tried on the hats until last year when Lil' H started feeling the need. It is a fun thing to do. Maybe we'll take a family photo next time. We could make it our Christmas card. Feliz navidad!

:heart: you more. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :rofl2:

Great update! Love the sombrero pics - and the Feliz Navidad card is a great idea! We love Mexico, too - too bad DD still doesn't like the darkness of it!

I need to do more hat pics - I saw a lot of that around when we were there last week, but didn't take part myself. DD tried on ALL the princess hats, though. I should have gotten pics of that.

I can't believe you saw a Bon Jovi tribute band! I would love to see them - but, all the groups we've seen at Epcot have been good, so I can't complain.

Great update! Love the sombrero pics - and the Feliz Navidad card is a great idea! We love Mexico, too - too bad DD still doesn't like the darkness of it!

I need to do more hat pics - I saw a lot of that around when we were there last week, but didn't take part myself. DD tried on ALL the princess hats, though. I should have gotten pics of that.

I can't believe you saw a Bon Jovi tribute band! I would love to see them - but, all the groups we've seen at Epcot have been good, so I can't complain.

True Story for any Bon Jovi fans from the TCD Archives:

In 1991, when Mrs. TCD and I were on a return flight from Hawaii (we had no kids and more money back in those days), our flight stopped in Dallas. Some passengers got off, and a few got on. We got off to stretch our legs. When they called us back for boarding, two new passengers joined our flight to Tampa. It was Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora, along with their entourage. They were on their way to Tampa to root for the Giants, who were playing in the Super Bowl which was being played there that year.

This was long before digital cameras, so I have no photos to substantiate my story. But it's true.

And-KFK:

Congratulations, your trip report is now #3 on the most viewed TR list.

You only need 6354 more views, and you will move in to second place!

TCD

Kim, I love the pictures. The boat ride in Mexico is one of Mama's favorites! Don't :hah: It's true, I am a wee bit scared on the monorail. I especially don't care for the way it leaves the Contemporary, it feels like a roller coaster. Now y'all know my dark secret.

Still loving the report, Kim! Definitely worth of the bronze medal so far, and who knows what the future will hold??

Thanks TCD. Even though our route to Epcot is longer it sure is a lot of fun and gives us a chance to take a ride on the monorail. We are Pro- Disney transportation all the way! We don't even mind changing monorails at the TTC. The scenery is awesome and we get to hear the classic "por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas". Can't beat that with a stick.

I agree with every word of this! Love Disney transportation! :dance:

I have to admit that I enjoyed putting on the sombrero too. I think I'm gonna make a habit of it. Maybe next year I'll put on a viking hat and sing opera. Hopefully I will be skinny by then so it "won't be over when I sing". ROFL!!!

We didn't look at any schedules this year so walking up on a Bon Jovi tribute band just before it started with a funnel cake in hand totally rocked! Of course great seats at an actual Bon Jovi concert in 89 rocked more.. but still I'm not complaining either. We saw an Eagles tribute band last year and they were really good too!

True Story for any Bon Jovi fans from the TCD Archives:

In 1991, when Mrs. TCD and I were on a return flight from Hawaii (we had no kids and more money back in those days), our flight stopped in Dallas. Some passengers got off, and a few got on. We got off to stretch our legs. When they called us back for boarding, two new passengers joined our flight to Tampa. It was Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora, along with their entourage. They were on their way to Tampa to root for the Giants, who were playing in the Super Bowl which was being played there that year.

This was long before digital cameras, so I have no photos to substantiate my story. But it's true.

And-KFK:

Congratulations, your trip report is now #3 on the most viewed TR list.

You only need 6354 more views, and you will move in to second place!

TCD

What a cool story! Stuff like that doesn't happen every day! I've had very few celeb sightings in my life. We saw Michael Jordan once on Splash Mountain and the Wrestler Rick Flair at the Tomorrowland Speedway. Oh yeah! Mom and I saw Ann Miller in the restroom!

I was a dummy not to have a camera when I saw Bon Jovi in concert! Stupid me!!!

#3 huh? Cool! Now I really can stand on the podium.

Kim, I love the pictures. The boat ride in Mexico is one of Mama's favorites! Don't :hah: It's true, I am a wee bit scared on the monorail. I especially don't care for the way it leaves the Contemporary, it feels like a roller coaster. Now y'all know my dark secret.

Thanks Rita! I have always loved the Mexico pavillion. The boat ride has been a family fave for many years. I have to laugh at you for being afraid of the monorail. LOL! Does it leave the Contemporary differently than other places? Doesn't it feel better to let it out Rita! :rofl2:

Still loving the report, Kim! Definitely worth of the bronze medal so far, and who knows what the future will hold??

I agree with every word of this! Love Disney transportation! :dance:

Thanks Leslie! I'll try not to worry about the future... awww heck I'm just here for a good time anyway.

Good! Another pro Disney Transport! Where else can ya go and not have to crank your car for 2 weeks. Love it!

What a great trip report!!

For what it's worth, I am anti Poncho...PRO PRO PRO COP!

And I am going to go on record here and now and say that I would probably buy and faithfully wear a carved ring. 8)

We are in agreement!

I may look into a carved ring on my next visit. This whole convo has gotten my curiosity up. As many times as I have been to the Fort in my life I have never even looked at them! What The Fort?

Uh, technically if you are in third place you'd be standing with a bronze medal.

I'm just sayin'.

And yes, I know I'm being a jackwagon. :rofl2:

Sorry, can't help myself. :popo:

I'll shut up now.

Dave, have you learned nothing here? I posted a photo of a woman purchasing a carved ring while saying I've never seen anyone purchase a carved ring. I was stalked by bicycle man without ever noticing. I can be a big of a goofball sometimes. I know... this comes as a great shock! :rofl2:

PS... I would never think of you as a jackwagon. Cupcake maybe... jackwagon never! :rofl2: :heart:

Day 5 just a little more before moving on …

Before we move on to Day 6 I found the missing photo files. You know…the one with the funnel cake pic. Don’t you just love it when your photos upload to some obscure, weird place on your puter! Anyway here are just a few more photos of Day 5 Epcot.

If I remember correctly this was taken out on the street in front of China. Lil H loved the marionette animal puppets. He was pretty good at manipulating them too!

100_1748.jpg

Yummy! I’m sure glad I found this photo! KFK’s very FIRST funnel cake. It’s amazing that I could live nearly 43 years in the south without having one of these!

100_1749.jpg

Lil’ H never passes up an opportunity for a photo op!

100_1752.jpg

He even wanted his pic beside an Epcot trash can. To each his own. Our fam tends to be a little different. :rofl2:

100_1755.jpg

One last shot of Spaceship Earth before catching a monorail back to the Fort.

100_1757.jpg

I promise that is really the end of Day 5. The evening photo of the Great Epcot Ball should be proof enough.

Coming up: Another day at MK and a few photos from the Grand Gathering of Fiends.

43, and you've never had a funnel cake?

At least when you did it, you did it right. Covered in chocolate!!! :heart:

To think after all these years I have missed so many photo ops. There must be thousands of garbage cans around WDW! ;)

DAY 6 July 2 Magic Kingdom

Since the GG is tomorrow and we’ll be staying ‘home’ at the Fort all day we decided to go ahead and pay another visit to the Magic Kingdom.

There’s an attraction that I haven’t been to in many years and we’ve never taken the boys. Hopefully it will all work out and we’ll be able to work it into our day.

I’ll start with the ritualistic photos of our boat ride over…

I never get tired of looking back at the Fort Wilderness dock as we sail away.

100_8439.jpg

100_8441.jpg

In honor of Independence Day (a day early)…. God Bless America!

100_1761.jpg

The men folk enjoying a leisurely ride to the Kingdom.

Did I mention that we love WDW transportation?

100_1764.jpg

100_1767.jpg

100_8444.jpg

KFDad’s fave resort. The Contemporary Resort was our first so he’s very sentimental that way.

I was 4 years old the first time we stayed here. I think it was around $25.00 per night.

If I could get that rate… Oh well, nevermind. Even WDW ain’t gonna give me that kind of magic.

100_1769.jpg

Almost there..

100_1774.jpg

As we stepped out from under the train depot Lil H was approached by a CM and challenged to a pirate sword fight! Awesome! Lil’ H laughs in the face of danger!

100_8457.jpg

100_8458.jpg

100_8459.jpg

100_8460.jpg

After the sword fight lil H was awarded a Magical Moment certificate and given an I’m Celebrating button! Good for him!

After we said our goodbye’s to Edwardo the pirate CM we made our way down Mainstreet, USA.

100_1778.jpg

It is very difficult to pass this spot without going inside for a treat. The aroma draws me like the pied piper.

100_1779.jpg

This is one of my very favorite photos of the trip.

From the angle I’ll wager that there are a few of you that have already figured out which way we’re headed.

100_1780.jpg

If you didn’t guess it on the first try maybe this will help you out.

100_8462.jpg

Yep! Our Elephant Walt Tour of Tomorrowland!

The holy trinity of our tour are Buzz Lightyear’s Spaceranger Spin, Carousel of Progress and the Peoplemover. I wasn’t kidding before when I said we never deviate from this ritual. At least not the first time in Tomorrowland after every entrance into the park. :rofl2:

BLSRP

100_1782.jpg

100_1791.jpg

COP

100_8463.jpg

Peoplemover

100_1784.jpg

100_8468.jpg

100_8482.jpg

We were all ready for a little snack at this point and found a great little spot that we’ve always passed by without really noticing it. Maybe you’ll recognize where we are.

100_1797.jpg

Not yet?

100_1798.jpg

How about now?

100_8496.jpg

After our tummies were full H took one of the kids for a potty break. Here I am with the other one waiting on them.

100_8497.jpg

I do believe I have hit my pic limit so I’ll stop here for now.

Coming up … The rest of our MK day, a visit from great fiends and a surprise visit from a fiend I’ve been waiting a long time to meet. Missed this fiend last year but not today. ;)