H and KFK's Fourth at the Fort AND BEYOND!!!!

I loved this post the first time I read it. The second was just icing on the cake :rofl2:

I love the Mexico pavilion too Kim, and the restaurant. I think it must be comfort food :heart: The boys in the sombreros is just precious. Glad it was another good day. Happy boys mean happy Mama :banana:

That reminds me of a little jingle!

A double pleasure is waitin' for you.

A double pleasure from doublemint gum.

A double great feelin’ makin’ you realize

Doublemints the one for you

Double fresh

Double smooth

Double delicious to chew..... :rofl2:

Happy boys definitely and most certainly beyond any shadow of doubt indeed DOES make a happy mama.

Now I'm in the mood for mexican and a stick of gum.

OK, KFK-

What the heck is going on with this trip report?

Every time I read the recent posts, I get this overwhelming sense of deja vu!

TCD

You must have stayed up late watching that Denzel Washington movie... you're just dreaming.

Just kidding. I don't know what is going on lately. H said he thinks something is screwy with our mouse. It has been double clicking on other stuff too.

I was trying to delete the duplicate but since it's become a joke now I think I'll just leave it. :rofl3:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No hijack can be complete without.......EYE CANDY!! :) You're welcome ladies!

Nothing wrong with Fox News - as long as you realize it ISN'T News; You don't think every word they say was engraved in stone by a finger; and you balance what you see there with other sources ...

Wow! I've never heard them say "Fox news... the #1 name in NOT the news." That would make an interesting slogan. :rofl2: If you go make sure to take notes, pics and share a good thorough report. :)

What the heck is he doing? The look on MandMLuv's face has me a little concerned :rofl2:

100_1846.jpg

Another great update, Kim. Lil H takes a darn good picture :banana:

I think Bob farted & I was getting ready to hit him. :comeback:

At least it's better than that other pic of me! I think TJ farted & I was getting ready to faint. :rofl2:

You guys are hilarious! Is there anything bacon can't do? Stole that from Hank Hill...

Your boys are so cute! I bet WDW with them is such a hoot!

Thanks for the Mexico pics - we didn't get there on our trip. <_<

You guys are hilarious! Is there anything bacon can't do? Stole that from Hank Hill...

Your boys are so cute! I bet WDW with them is such a hoot!

Thanks for the Mexico pics - we didn't get there on our trip. <_<

My brain won't let me believe there's anything bacon can't do. Go Hank Hill! :yay:

Thank you! They are a lot of fun. At least when they're not causing me to climb the walls and pull my hair out.

Sorry you didn't make it to Mexico. Try to do that next time. You DD would fall in love with the Three Caballeros boat ride. Of course if she's anything like my boys you'll hear the song for a year afterwards. :rofl2:

Day 10 July 6

It’s Nah-tah-zoo!!!

Let me start this update by saying that I LOVE Animal Kingdom. It’s my fourth favorite Disney Park.

We were on our way to meet the rest of the family for a little while. It’s already pretty well established in our minds that our time with the fam will not be long. KFDad is not a fan of AK. He does not like the lack of benches nor does he like the heat and the lack of places to cool off…. and we are prepared to hear all about it. :rofl2:

Here is our customary/obligatory photo of The Tree of Life.

100_1981.jpg

We have spoken to KFM via cell phone and were going to meet them at Dinosaur. On our way we passed by the photo op for The Hundred Acre Wood gang. The boys are still into the characters so we don’t want to let the chance for a few photos to slip away. Time is so fleeting.. it may not be long before they’re not interested in this sort of thing.

The most wonderful thing about tiggers is tiggers are wonderful things

Their tops are made out of rubber and their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy trouncy flouncy pouncy FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN!

And so are my kids. ;)

8-17-2011_011.jpg

8-17-2011_002.jpg

8-17-2011_004.jpg

After the photo shoot we made our way over to Dinosaur and found our parents on the bench across from the giant Dino skeleton..

100_1995.jpg

I should have gotten the boys in the pic… oh well. Lil H was chomping at the bit to play in the Boneyard, KFBro wanted to play games in Dinoland and Gabe… well …. we just needed to keep him moving. :rofl2:

Dad suggested that he take lil H to the boneyard while the rest of us rode the Triceratop Spin and bro played some of the games. Great plan Dad! KFM isn’t the only one who rocks!

P7063101.jpg

Gabe and I waiting in line.

100_8879.jpg

Bro wanted to ride with me. The rabbit ears in the photo never get old to me. LOL!!!

P7063087.jpg

Of course Gabe wanted to ride with his nana. I think she may have gloated a little over that fact.

P7063086.jpg

P7063096.jpg

This is just plain funny to me. I like the Primeval Whirl but it was closed. Darn.

100_8880.jpg

P7063091.jpg

After fun was had by everyone we meandered over to the boneyard to collect Dad and Lil H. Getting him out of there is never an easy task. He wants to be an archaeologist so you can just imagine…

P7063102.jpg

P7063104.jpg

This shot was Dad’s idea. By now you know that lil H is always up for a photo op.

P7063105.jpg

P7063109.jpg

On our way out of Dinoland … we’ve got to find out what time the next Nemo show is going to be.

P7063114.jpg

By this time we are hot. It’s time for a cool activity.

Lil H and Gabe’s favorite ride at Animal Kingom will be the perfect thing to do.

Kali River Rapids.

Dad and Bro aren’t riding but KFM is all in.

Nobody does theming like Disney. I love the props they put in the que lines to make it feel authentic.

P7063120.jpg

As we were about to load I snapped this shot.

P7063123.jpg

P7063129.jpg

KFM enjoying this poor man’s misfortune. That’s my mama!

P7063133.jpg

P7063139.jpg

Good thing my camera is waterproof. Looks like I’m about to get it!

P7063140.jpg

P7063142.jpg

P7063146.jpg

P7063147.jpg

P7063148.jpg

Now that we were completely soaked we started to make our way back toward The Nemo show. I didn’t get a chance to see it last year and it was the one thing I really wanted to do so the fellas did what any smart man would do….

they gave me my way! hahahaha!

On our way we managed to take a few photos.

P7063149.jpg

Expedition Everest is my favorite ride in this park but once again… no dice. L

P7063153.jpg

P7063154.jpg

Coming up next: The rest of our day.

Wow, I have learned a lesson...DON'T GET BEHIND ON A KFK TR! I am finally caught up and I had a million comments pass through my mind on the as I read, now...it's a blank! I am enjoying every minute and just love your boys! I'm gonna stay on top of it this time!

Great update Kim. I agree AK is my 4th favorite park too. Looks like y'all had fun. Especially lil H. That kid is always grinning ear to ear :banana:

Thanks Doodlebug! We did have a great time. Lil' h is a very happy kid. He really knows how to have fun! :banana:

Love this TR!!! It has taken me a while to get caught up, but it is so worth the time. Your family is lovely! Love the fireworks pics, the pic of Gabe with jelly on his face, lil H hanging on to the balloons... :heart: Thank you for taking your time to share it with us.

Glad you jumped in K2P2mom! Thanks for the sweet comments. I still have a little more to go so I hope you'll stick around.

AK is Oldekoot's Number One Park! We have to be up early at least one day at Disney so she can make the early morning Safari ...

Notice I said I LOVE AK. Even though it's 4 on my WDW theme park countdown I still enjoy it very much. It's just kind of hard to work everything in with the kids b/c of our situation. Also, the park is very spread out and you have a lot of scheduled times to work around.

Wow, I have learned a lesson...DON'T GET BEHIND ON A KFK TR! I am finally caught up and I had a million comments pass through my mind on the as I read, now...it's a blank! I am enjoying every minute and just love your boys! I'm gonna stay on top of it this time!

Well let that be a lesson to you Rita! LOL! I do the same thing. I have a ton of comments and forget every one of them by the time I'm done reading a TR.

Thanks Rita. I'm glad you're enjoying this. Makes it all worth it. BTW I love my boys too. ;)

Day 10 July 6... The rest of our day.

After we were sufficiently soaked to the skin from our ride on the Kali River Rapids we met back up with dad and bro, who were ready to head back to the comforts of Wilderness Lodge, said our goodbyes and with just enough time to make it we made a mad dash for the Nemo show.

As usual a couple of photos were taken along the way..

P7063122.jpg

P7063151.jpg

Finally made our way back to the Nemo theatre. I know, I know, we do a lot of zig zagging. Our methods are not always the most effient, especially at AK, but sometime you gotta do what ya gotta do.

We really enjoy this show and considering how much Gabe loves Nemo and such… we really thought we’d hit the jackpot with this one. A long show, indoors, comfy seats, a/c. How could we go wrong?

Here’s the only photo from the show.

8-17-2011_013.jpg

As we were leaving the theatre the incessant begging to brave the rapids of the Kali River one more time has begun. So we did what any worn out, beaten down parent would do…

We caved in to the begging and headed for the River!

On our way we enjoyed this little ensemble for a sec.

P7063155.jpg

With the river in view… the kids are getting very excited! You’d think they’d never ridden this ride before.

P7063116.jpg

P7063165.jpg

P7063166.jpg

Fun was had by all and there was joy in the land.

Lil H: “MAMA! LOOK! THERE’S A FOUNTAIN! CAN WE GO LOOK AT IT!"

Me: “Sure that’s fine. Go right ahead.”

Lil H: “MAMA! CAN I PUT MY HAND IN THE FOUNTAIN?”

Me: “Ok. That‘s fine.”

P7063171.jpg

Lil H: “MAMA! THIS IS FUUUUNNNN!!!! CAN I PUT MY HEAD IN THE FOUNTAIN?”

Me: (How did I know this is how this would end up?)*laughing* “Yes, you can put your head in the fountain.”

P7063172.jpg

By this time we are starting to run short on time. Lil H wants to see the Festival of the Lion King AND do the Safari but we’re not sure there’s enough time for both. He decides that he wants to see the Lion King and then if there’s enough time we can ride the safari.

100_8887.jpg

100_8886.jpg

100_8883.jpg

100_8891.jpg

100_8892.jpg

100_8896.jpg

100_8888.jpg

The Festival of the Lion King turned out to be a GREAT decision. All four of us, even though we’ve seen this show several times, enjoyed it so much!!! I don’t think the FOTLK ever gets old!

Now, I ask H what the time is… Looks like we have enough time to get on one of the last safaris of the day. Kilamanjaro here we come!!!

Now here is where I make one of my dumbest WDW decisions ever. We have a thousand photos of the safari and even more video from past trips. H isn’t riding the safari so I have both kids all by myself. With all of this in mind….

I left the camera with H.

Stooopid!

As it turned out this was one of our best rides EEEEVVVVEEEERRRRRR!

There were only 12 people on our truck including the driver. That means not much weight was there to hold the truck down when we hit those bumps in the road. We had a driver who apparently liked to keep things exciting. We were in the next to the last seat.

Are you starting to see where I’m going with this?

Remember how I said we were in the last seat? There was a couple in the very last seat and the husband had a bad back. As the driver hit every bump in the road all I could here was the man saying “owwwww, ouch. Ohhhh!” Then the wife would almost giggle and say, “oh I’m sorry are you ok?”

Now, as we hit all the bumps and potholes, I was having a hard time keeping my own hinder parts on the seat. Can u picture me trying to stay seated and both boys flying up in the air. It took every ounce of strength I had to keep them from being flung out of the truck. Of course they’re squealing with laughter and loving every minute.

The man behind me is continuously groaning in pain and his wife keeps getting tickled about it. I can’t remember what I said but I turned to the couple and said something witty. They cracked up laughing and the rest of the safari got even better from there. Even the poor man had a sense of humor about the whole thing and we all exchanged wise cracks for the rest of the ride.

To top it all off the animals were all over the place! I mean every animal. There wasn’t a creature left unseen. Even the elusive lions were out in full view. Both the male AND the female. They weren’t just “lion around” either. The male was feeling amorous and was working his charms on the female. :rofl2:

Our awesomely exciting driver even went so far as to slow almost to a stop, he even did actually stop a couple of times, to let us get the best view possible of all the animals. What a blast! But I am still kicking myself over not having the camera.

With our hearts racing with excitement we meet back up with H and head for the exit.

One more photo op for lil H on the way out.

100_1982.jpg

Lil H on the bus ride back to the Fort.

100_8903.jpg

What a great day! Good times.

Next installment: A full day of the Fort including canoes.

P7063165.jpg

P7063166.jpg

Well Kim, you managed to get two pics of the two reasons why I hate this ride! :rolleyes:

In pic #1: The little person on the left would be me. You know how some get SOAKED, while others hardly wet? For some reason, I am always in the WET seat!

In pic #2: My hair would be that crazy and much WORSE!!

I also love FOTLK!! Did you sing Hakuna Matata all day?

No camera, that's it your Fiend card is being revoked :rofl2: I am falling in love with your boys and can't wait to meet them.

Great update Kim. I will be a sad Fiend when this one is over :(

:rofl2: I deserved that. I wish I'd taken you up to the camper to meet them. But how was I to know you couldn't find it on your own. :rofl2:

Well Kim, you managed to get two pics of the two reasons why I hate this ride! :rolleyes:

In pic #1: The little person on the left would be me. You know how some get SOAKED, while others hardly wet? For some reason, I am always in the WET seat!

1. We always hope one of us ends up in the wet seat.

2. Stef, what are you saying? What's wrong with my hair?! :rofl2:

We end up singing all of the Lion King songs. Love that show!

Thanks for joining in. :)

No camera, that's it your Fiend card is being revoked :rofl2: I am falling in love with your boys and can't wait to meet them.

Great update Kim. I will be a sad Fiend when this one is over :(

:rofl2: I deserved that. I wish I'd taken you up to the camper to meet them. But how was I to know you couldn't find it on your own. :rofl2:

Her answeres were so nice, she posted them twice :rofl2: :heart:

Seriously Kim, when I see another post, I get my hopes for the next update :(