H and KFK's Fourth at the Fort AND BEYOND!!!!

I agree wholeheartedly about FOTLK, I love it! You just can't leave from there without feeling a wee bit uplifted! You are right about AK, it is huge. That is why I had the major melt-down on our Christmas trip last year. That was a sad day at Disney! I'm glad your's was way better! :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No hijack can be complete without.......EYE CANDY!! :) You're welcome ladies!

Nothing wrong with Fox News - as long as you realize it ISN'T News; You don't think every word they say was engraved in stone by a finger; and you balance what you see there with other sources ...

Wow! I've never heard them say "Fox news... the #1 name in NOT the news." That would make an interesting slogan. :rofl2: If you go make sure to take notes, pics and share a good thorough report. :)

Even the elusive lions were out in full view. Both the male AND the female. They weren’t just “lion around” either. The male was feeling amorous and was working his charms on the female. :rofl2:

I guess you were on "the circle of life" tour... ;)

KFK-

I just got a chance to read your AK update!

Great job!

Again!

That fountain outside of Kali River Rapids used to be a favorite of the TCD girls back in the day. For a long time, going back to when Florida was having drought conditions, this and other decorative fountains around WDW were shut off. I noticed that it was back on recently. Little H did a good job in there. Of course you need to stick your head in that fountain.

I am really looking forward to your next update. You had me at canoe.

TCD

P7063166.jpg

Ok, NO FAIR!! You come off of Kali all pretty and hair dry and in place??? Who do you have to pay to get the seat that doesn't get wet? Everytime I've been on that ride I come off looking like a total drowned rat! LOL

Great pics!! And I can't wait to see the canoe pics!

Her answeres were so nice, she posted them twice :heart:

Seriously Kim, when I see another post, I get my hopes for the next update

LOL Cherie. I have an echo.

Hopefully I'll get another update posted later this evening but it will be LATER. Sorry to get your hopes up and then let you down. :(

I agree wholeheartedly about FOTLK, I love it! You just can't leave from there without feeling a wee bit uplifted! You are right about AK, it is huge. That is why I had the major melt-down on our Christmas trip last year. That was a sad day at Disney! I'm glad your's was way better!

A meltdown at WDW? What is this you speak of? We've never dealt with THAT! :rofl2:

You've got me totally excited about AK!! Can't wait I'm with Lil H, nothing to be done there except stick your head in that fountain :rofl2:

We had way too much fun at AK this year! It was totally uncalled for! I agree ... just wish I'd gone on and stuck MY head in the fountain too. ;)

My favorite part of Animal Kingdom!!! Monkey Butts :-)

(They are good gymnasts too) :rofl2:

Carol! :rofl2: Now that was funny!

FLAT Monkey Butts :rofl2:

flat? what? do monkeys really have flat butts?

I guess you were on "the circle of life" tour... ;)

Should I call you Queen of the One Liner or should I say YESSSSS!!! Your Majesty!!!

KFK-

I just got a chance to read your AK update!

Great job!

Again!

That fountain outside of Kali River Rapids used to be a favorite of the TCD girls back in the day. For a long time, going back to when Florida was having drought conditions, this and other decorative fountains around WDW were shut off. I noticed that it was back on recently. Little H did a good job in there. Of course you need to stick your head in that fountain.

I am really looking forward to your next update. You had me at canoe.

TCD

Thank you TCD.

Lil H and Gabe both loved sticking their heads in the fountain. It doesn't take much to make kids happy does it? I do regret not following suit. Next time a photo of me with my head in the fountain is guaranteed. Unless they turn off the fountain of course.

The "you had me at canoe" reference had to be explained to H. He must be wearing his SC hat too tight. :rofl2:

Epcot with that beautiful blue sky are favorites. Awesome photography! You might have to give up your amatuer status. :)

Wow! Thanks for the compliment. Although, we can't remember who took which pic at this point. H may be the one giving up his amateur status.

Wait. I reserve the right to change my mind. :)

My new favorite is of the pyramid at Mexico. Pretty cool the way you framed it in the arches.

Ok, that one was mine. Me! Me! Me! Take that H! Just kidding.

Thanks CL! I really do appreciate the kind comments.

Kim this is the best trip report yet. Probably the longest, but still the best. I need you to make this last two more months so I keep that disney feeling going.

Well I appreciate that Steve! You're right it may be the longest. That is very surprising because I am an introvert by nature. I don't usually say much. BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ok, I couldn't even type that with a straight face.

I don't know if I can stretch it out 2 months but there is still some good stuff coming up. Plus, TCD has started a new report. That should keep you busy.

Ok, NO FAIR!! You come off of Kali all pretty and hair dry and in place??? Who do you have to pay to get the seat that doesn't get wet? Everytime I've been on that ride I come off looking like a total drowned rat! LOL

Great pics!! And I can't wait to see the canoe pics!

Are you wearing your glasses? Hair dry and in place? What the fort? Even Stef said that pic was the reason she won't ride the Kali River Rapids. Believe me that hairdo was ruff dawg! And I lost an earring that day. Dang they were new too! About the pretty part.. well shucks, you made me blush. Garrrsshhh!

SORRY DOODLEBUG... NOT YET. :rofl2:

Holy cow, Kim! I get several days behind and it took me half the evening to catch up. I'm really enjoying this report, but in the future could you please check with schedule before you post? This is stressing me out! :popo:

:rofl2:

Many pardons Dave! I definitely should have checked the schedule! My bad!

Darn :rofl2:

LOL! Now... It is time...

Holy cow, Kim! I get several days behind and it took me half the evening to catch up. I'm really enjoying this report, but in the future could you please check with schedule before you post? This is stressing me out! :popo:

:rofl2:

Many pardons Dave! I definitely should have checked the schedule! My bad!

Darn :rofl2:

LOL! Now... It is time...

DAY 11 July 7 Fort, Canoes and Rain… OH MY!

As much as we enjoy the parks… there’s just no place like home. We’ve looked forward to having another day to just relax and enjoy.

Last year TCD did a TR with pics of his canoeing expedition at the Fort. I showed the photos to lil’ H and he exclaimed “OHHHHH!!! I WANNA DO THAT!!!” Well, the two H’s canoed last year and it was a hit! So we decided that it would be a family tradition from then on. As of yet on our trip we haven’t worked this into the schedule but since we weren’t going to any parks today and our morning was free… it was decided that today was the day.

After having breakfast we hurriedly got ready to make our way over to the Bike Barn. Yes, you go to the bike barn to rent a canoe.

100_2013.jpg

Does this kid look ready or what? He’s into adventure and the canoeing excursion fit’s the bill nicely.

100_2015.jpg

A view of the Meadows Trading Post from the Bike Barn. Tnbob can very often be seen fishing from over there. But only after the crack of 9 a.m.

100_2016.jpg

The H’s getting their last minute instructions before shoving off.

100_2017.jpg

Shoving off.

100_2018.jpg

After the fellas are safely in their canoe Gabe and I head over to the footbridge for a few photos of this glorious occasion.

100_2019.jpg

If you look closely you can see them. They’re that speck out in the water.

100_2020.jpg

100_2021.jpg

100_2022.jpg

100_2024.jpg

Now that they are merrily on their way, Gabe and I are gonna wander around and explore…maybe even take a GC ride.

Here are a few of the photos taken while we waited on the H’s to return.

The Hitchin’ Posts… least that’s what I call ‘em.

100_2028.jpg

The Meadows TP

100_2029.jpg

Now…

I’m going to share something with you….

My favorite spot in all of Fort Wilderness I think…

But you have to promise not to tell anyone…

I wouldn’t want the secret to get out and spoil it…

Here it is…

100_2030.jpg

I know …at first glance it doesn’t look like that big of a deal does it?

But wait. I’ll prove my point.

Look at the view from this spot. And it’s in the shade. And you can sit down.

Looking straight across the fishing hole you have a great view of the Meadows TP.

100_2030.jpg

Panning a little to the right there’s the 600 loop. You may be able to see TNBob and MrsTNbobs camper from here.

100_2031.jpg

Keep panning… the Bike Barn comes into view.

100_2032.jpg

Directly behind you… The Meadows Swimmin’ Pool.

100_2033.jpg

See what I mean? In this spot you’re right in the thick of things… only not. It’s awesome. Trust me.

As relaxing as this spot is for me. Gabriel is ready to get moving. There’s no point in trying to get him to sit still and relax. It just ain’t happenin’ so to the GC we go. Maybe we can sneak in a visit with Bob and Kathy if they’re home.

A few photos on the way to 600 loop.

100_2036.jpg

100_2038.jpg

100_2039.jpg

Most of you have gotten to know me well enough to know that if WDW doesn’t want me to photograph it…

They’d better keep it hidden.

Behind the scenes at the Bike Barn.

P7063174.jpg

P7063175.jpg

P7063176.jpg

As luck would have it we arrived at 600 loop and Bob and Kathy were home. Yay! When I told Bob where they fellas were he said Ty (their grandson) would have loved to go canoeing with them. At that very moment I had a stroke of genius.

Lil H wanted to go twice anyway. Once with his dad and once with me. This was something I was planning to do in a couple of more days but Ty would be gone by then…

We would go again after lunch and I would take them. Awesome! I couldn’t wait. What’s even better I knew Lil H would be beside himself to have Ty along for an adventure. It was getting about time to pick up the H’s from canoe excursion Number 1 so Gabe and I said goodbye to the Tnfiends and we were on our way.

Obviously H and I each had a camera so I will share the photos he took right….. Here.

P7063177.jpg

P7063179.jpg

P7063186.jpg

P7063188.jpg

Apparently my visit with the TN fiends ran a little long. H and lil H had been back for a bit. But they made good use of their time taking photos and hanging out.

P7063193.jpg

P7063196.jpg

P7063198.jpg

To be continued…..

KFK-

As a pro-picnic table by the hitching posts and pro-canoe person, I have to tell you I really enjoyed your latest update. So much so that I think you should have posted it twice.

And, for your future reference, if you like that picnic table by the hitching posts, there is another one under the big oak tree to the right of TnBob's dock in your photos. I like that one because you don't have to look at those new sites on the 600 loop from over there.

TCD

KFK-

And, for your future reference, if you like that picnic table by the hitching posts, there is another one under the big oak tree to the right of TnBob's dock in your photos. I like that one because you don't have to look at those new sites on the 600 loop from over there.

TCD

Are you saying you don't like my dearly beloved 600 sites?