H and KFK's Fourth at the Fort AND BEYOND!!!!

:popcorn:

You're starving me to death Ed! I finally had to get my own... :popcorn:

You must be getting tired....it seems like you've been pedaling for days. :lol:

I know! My legs are killing me. :rofl3:

There is nothing like the freedom of "alone" time when you are a mother! I can't believe that bunny didn't act like a Disney Bunny is supposed to act!

Amen to that Rita! It took me a while to adjust to the aloneness of it all! :D

That bunny should be roasted! Where is Brer Fox when you need him? :rofl2:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No hijack can be complete without.......EYE CANDY!! :) You're welcome ladies!

Nothing wrong with Fox News - as long as you realize it ISN'T News; You don't think every word they say was engraved in stone by a finger; and you balance what you see there with other sources ...

Wow! I've never heard them say "Fox news... the #1 name in NOT the news." That would make an interesting slogan. :rofl2: If you go make sure to take notes, pics and share a good thorough report. :)

Day 10 The Rest of the Bike Tour

Since the bunny wasn’t in the mood to make friends…

I went over for a good look at the famous cabin.

100_9288.jpg

100_9289.jpg

100_9290.jpg

Now it is all starting to sink in.

The reason people like this spot so much.

It is the most peaceful place in all of Fort Wilderness.

And the view is fantastic!!!

100_9292.jpg

A couple of zoomed in shots..

100_9294.jpg

100_9295.jpg

100_9296.jpg

100_9297.jpg

I don’t know why, but when I took this shot I felt like I was going to get in trouble. Like I was somewhere I wasn’t supposed to be. Weird. J

100_9299.jpg

Was this once a volleyball net? I remember the beach used to be a really happening place at one time. There were lounge chairs from one end to the other! Good times.

100_9302.jpg

As you can see I am nearing the marina..

100_9303.jpg

100_9304.jpg

100_9305.jpg

100_9306.jpg

Back to civilization. ;)

100_9307.jpg

I may have mentioned it before..

But I loathe the new Settlement Trading Post sign. Again.. Fort Wilderness management, Booo!!!

100_9309.jpg

But I am pro Clover King wagon.

100_9311.jpg

100_9312.jpg

The V.I.P. cabins. KFDad scored one of those a few years ago. Go KFD!

100_9314.jpg

100_9317.jpg

I love this GC path. Always have. I wish they still had the piped in music. Again.. Boo!

100_9318.jpg

Due to time and a mental image of H with a crazed look on his face and the camper in ruins around his feet, I decided to head back to Quail Trail. :rofl2:

100_9320.jpg

On the way I snapped this photo of the new 5er in the 700 loop. We all know who this is…

Hilda.

100_9322.jpg

I love bike riding at the Fort.

100_9323.jpg

100_9323.jpg

100_9327.jpg

100_9328.jpg

Back on Quail Trail. You can just make out our site. There’s a FF sign beside our truck.

100_9329.jpg

As I got closer to our site I noticed that there was no screaming, yelling, loud thuds, etc. and the camper was still standing. Go H!! Whew! :rofl2:

And that concludes KFK’s bike tour of a lifetime. This is something I fully intend to make time to do on every visit from now on.

Next time I’ll make sure to venture to other places I’ve never been before.

Before I conclude this update I want to recommend that if you are able, get on those bicycles and pedal all over the Fort. As much as I love having a cart when we’re there, you really do miss a lot of the details that make Fort Wilderness so great.

It is a fantastic feeling riding with the curves of the bike paths and hitting the little bumps in the road…

Or being able to stop and take a moment to fully absorb something that catches your attention.

You tend to slow down a little more and take it all in. I know I enjoyed it a ton!

It’s good exercise too.

I love the Fort.

I can’t remember what is coming up in the next installment but it’ll be something. I just don’t know what. :rofl2:

bike-riding.gif

A bike riding emoticon! Love it Ed!

KFK-

The bicycle trip photos were the best!

Great job on all of them.

I especially liked the ones taken around the old cabin and from the shore of Bay Lake looking toward the Magic Kingdom. It was almost as good as being there.

I'm sad the bike trip is over!

TCD

Thank you TCD. I was sad when the bike ride was over too!

I will be doing it again though.

Bicycling and canoeing. Neither of these will be neglected at the Fort by me ever again. Good Lord willin' of course. ;)

Your trip report has made me realize that I need to slow down and take the time to "smell the roses" next trip. Last year we were all go go go.. I missed alot :(

It's very easy to get too busy at WDW. Guilty as charged.

Over the past couple of years we've really made an effort to have more down time to enjoy Fort Wilderness.

If we're not going to enjoy it we may as well stay in a hotel right?

KFK we love riding our bikes at the Fort. We spent two afternoons riding around and looping on our bikes. Next trip I hope to make it to the full hookup loops and the cabins on bike!!

I do too Reb. In fact, up until the boys were too big to cram into the child seats on the back of the bikes, it was the way we rolled.

Literally. :rofl3: I know that was a terrible joke but I couldn't help myself. ;)

You shouldn't have any problem making it back to the cabins. In 1997 or 98, we stayed in a cabin and rode our bikes everywhere, including back and forth to the marina. It was only about a 10-15 minute ride one way. Not bad at all.

It's very easy to get too busy at WDW. Guilty as charged.

Over the past couple of years we've really made an effort to have more down time to enjoy Fort Wilderness.

If we're not going to enjoy it we may as well stay in a hotel right?

I'd rather stick a nail in my eye than stay in a couped up hotel room with my (or anyone's) 5 kids for a week.. :blink: your so right, it's easy to get caught up in the parks, but I'm making a point at Halloween to have some down time and let the kids do what they do best and that's just be kids!

We wouldn't think of staying at the Fort without our bikes. We've never gotten a GC except for a single day a couple times just to loop around. But otherwise we are bike people. There is nothing like riding the trails around the Fort, and riding over to the WL for a snack or some dessert.

Now having said that, we are considering a GC for a bit more of our next trip. We rented one at Lake Rudolph this summer and Anna thought it was hilarious. Anything for Anna!

I loved the bike tour. Sadly my biking days are behind me, I have enough trouble walking where I want to go, I'd be a real klutz on a bike. Glad to hear the TT was still all in one piece when you got back. Good for H for taking care of things and letting you go explore for a while :banana:

Geez Kim you must have needed a nap after a week long bike tour. :blink: Those are some great photos you took. One thing I've always wanted to ask when I see pics of the old cabin. Did you try the door? I'd love to see whats inside. So by calculation this TR needs to last 43 more days. Once again great TR!!

I'd rather stick a nail in my eye than stay in a couped up hotel room with my (or anyone's) 5 kids for a week.. :blink: your so right, it's easy to get caught up in the parks, but I'm making a point at Halloween to have some down time and let the kids do what they do best and that's just be kids!

:rofl2: I agree Judy!

We wouldn't think of staying at the Fort without our bikes. We've never gotten a GC except for a single day a couple times just to loop around. But otherwise we are bike people. There is nothing like riding the trails around the Fort, and riding over to the WL for a snack or some dessert.

Now having said that, we are considering a GC for a bit more of our next trip. We rented one at Lake Rudolph this summer and Anna thought it was hilarious. Anything for Anna!

I wish we could still ride our bikes as a family instead of having the golf cart. Gabe just can't. Hopefully one day he will though. :)

Yes, anything for Anna. Our exact feelings about Gabe. :)

I loved the bike tour. Sadly my biking days are behind me, I have enough trouble walking where I want to go, I'd be a real klutz on a bike. Glad to hear the TT was still all in one piece when you got back. Good for H for taking care of things and letting you go explore for a while :banana:

I don't want you to fall off your bike into the bushes... ahem.. like KFMom did a couple of years ago! :rofl2: You go ahead and enjoy that cart girlie!

H is a pretty good egg. I really appreciated him doing that for me.

Geez Kim you must have needed a nap after a week long bike tour. :blink: Those are some great photos you took. One thing I've always wanted to ask when I see pics of the old cabin. Did you try the door? I'd love to see whats inside. So by calculation this TR needs to last 43 more days. Once again great TR!!

I did need a nap. And a leg massage. :D

Actually I wasn't all that close to the cabin. I was using my zoom for that close up photo. Maybe next time I'll try the door. It never even occurred to me this time.

Sorry, but there will only be 1 to 2 more updates and that's it. I promise. ;)

Thanks Steve.

Cool TR. Neat also that Hilda is in the site I had on my last trip to the Fort.

As mentioned before, the pics are great. It's always wonderful to see the Fort through someone elses eyes. Thanks.

As for your path to the lake, that used to be one of my favorite areas also. Always had it to myself as you did.

Looking forward to the next installment.

Cool TR. Neat also that Hilda is in the site I had on my last trip to the Fort.

As mentioned before, the pics are great. It's always wonderful to see the Fort through someone elses eyes. Thanks.

As for your path to the lake, that used to be one of my favorite areas also. Always had it to myself as you did.

Looking forward to the next installment.

Thank you Sensei. It's amazing how many of the little out of the way places are becoming my favorite spots at FW.

The conclusion of Day 10 and the beginning of our last day before departure day.

After I got back from the bike tour of the fort the fellas were ready to get out and about so we were off for a golf cart ride.

As is our tradition we rode around taking photos of site posts so we can remember which ones we like best. (We never remember to bring a pen and paper so photos work for us). ;) I’ll spare ya’ll and not post those. You’re welcome.

I will share this one. We liked the view.

Since all of the surrounding photos were of posts in the 1300 loop, I’m just gonna take a shot in the dark and say this site is in the 1300 loop.

100_9340.jpg

This is the only photo from our golf cart ride. Shocking isn’t it? LOL! Anyhoo… we headed back to the camper and rustled up a little dinner. We had grilled chicken, wild rice and veggies. It tasted better than it looked so sorry Dave, no pood forn.

After a while we thought it would be a great idea to take the boys to the campfire for some smores and a movie. Because of the weather we weren’t sure if they would be having it but sure enough..

When we got there it was a go! We’d already missed the munks but the boys didn’t seem to care one way or the other. This was still a great way to end our last Fort Wilderness only day.

The fellas roastin’ those marshmallows…

100_9349.jpg

100_9350.jpg

100_9353.jpg

While the boys were distracted with smores I walked over to take a photo or two of the chuck wagon.

100_9359.jpg

100_9362.jpg

The projection building. Or whatever it’s called.

100_9361.jpg

Gabe’s little hand waiting on a smore.

100_9364.jpg

After we finished the smores and got all the sticky fingers and faces cleaned off… the movie started.

Hercules. Not my fave but lil H likes it pretty good so it worked out fine. Gabe would have preferred Toy Story 1, 2, 3 or Cars so he was getting a little fidgety. H was considering just taking him back to the site when it started to drizzle rain.

Hmm… we were hoping lil H wouldn’t be too disappointed but he said it didn’t matter he was about ready to go anyway. :fairydust: That was tooooo easy!!! We hopped on the cart and made our way back to Quail Trail for a good nights sleep.

Tomorrow is our very last day for a park. Our last park day must ALWAYS be Magic Kingdom. It’s a cardinal rule. My daddy raised me right. ;)

Day 15 July 11

Magic Kingdom

Well, we are in the home stretch now! This is our last day in MK. We will be leaving for home in the morning.

Just a few general shots.

100_9375.jpg

100_9377.jpg

100_9378.jpg

100_9380.jpg

100_9381.jpg

Going over the water bridge! Still one of my fave’s! :yay:

100_9382.jpg

Our last arrival at MK 2011.

100_9385.jpg

It was slightly crowded in Fantasyland. :D

100_9389.jpg

First on the agenda…

Peter Pan.

Gabe kept saying “Tinkbell! Tinkbell!” How could we refuse?

100_9393.jpg

Next we rode It’s A Small World. No great photos of that this time.

After that we thought we would eat at Pinocchio’s Haus. We haven’t been there in a very long time and I remembered someone giving it a thumbs up recently. Unfortunately, there was a meltdown involved once we got inside , and I’m not saying who,:rofl2: so that didn’t quite work out for us. Maybe next time.

Look at the clouds forming…

Par for the course this trip.

100_9397.jpg

At this point we’re starving but Gabe is once again yelling “Tinkbell! Tinkbell!”

What other choice did we have?

Back to Peter Pan.

100_9398.jpg

Somehow, the photos of Peter Pan don’t seem the same as being there. LOL!

100_9399.jpg

With Gabe’s “Tinkbell” need taken care of we decided to head over to the Tomorrowland Terrace for a bite to eat. This proved to be a good decision.

We used to eat there when I was a kid. In fact, the famous French fry basket circa 1970’s came from the Tomorrowland Terrace. We always got a bite to eat and watched the fireworks from there. We didn’t even have to pay a fortune for mediocre deserts to do it either! Good times.

View from our table.

100_9401.jpg

100_9402.jpg

We ordered the fried chicken sandwiches and were pleasantly surprised at how good they were. This was probably the second best quick service we got the entire trip! First place still goes to the Columbia House but this was a very close second!

P7113584.jpg

A couple of more scenic views..

100_9403.jpg

100_9404.jpg

With tummies no longer rumbly it was time to spin like spacerangers.

Is it just me or do I detect a Rhino face? Anyone who followed Leslie’s TR knows what I’m talking about. ;)

100_9408.jpg

Yes, this marks the beginning of our Final Elephant Walt Tour of Tomorrowland for 2011.

Now we’re on to the Peoplemover. Here are a few views from there.

100_9413.jpg

100_9417.jpg

No more photos from the EWTOT.

Winnie the Pooh seemed to have the winning vote for our next stop. However, I've hit the photo max so I'll continue in a moment.

Great photo of Gabe's hand reaching for a smore. Little hands and feet are sooo cute....but then they grow up and get hairy and stinky, and they're not so cute anymore. :blink:

Do you remember when you rode the people mover and that lady getting a perm seemed so futuristic but now it's kind of creepy?

I'm not exactly sure who had the meltdown at lunch, but I would have had the meltdown had I been in that crowd in Fantasyland. Holy cow! And you rode Peter Pan twice? You are a brave woman.

Day 14 July 10... Keeps going and going and going.

Oh look! A little bunny. I tried to make friends with my best Disney Princess impersonation but he wasn’t interested.

100_9287.jpg

Umm aren't you suppose to sing to the animals? That's what the princesses do. Where is the video of that?:popcorn:

I am loving your bicycle adventure.

Aww, it's almost over. I understand now how you managed the crowds. H is a saint and we have the photo to prove it,100_9349.jpg

I think I know who had the meltdown but i won't be the pot calling the kettle black, nuff said. :rofl2:

I'm just sorry the rain messed with some of your plans but it's seems you made the best of it.

Great report Kim, I still may kidnap you for Halloween just to take pictures for me. Of course then you would have to come home with me and write a great trip report too :banana: :heart:

:suspense:

I had popcorn earlier so I'm not mad at you for not sharing this time.

Great photo of Gabe's hand reaching for a smore. Little hands and feet are sooo cute....but then they grow up and get hairy and stinky, and they're not so cute anymore.

Do you remember when you rode the people mover and that lady getting a perm seemed so futuristic but now it's kind of creepy?

I'm not exactly sure who had the meltdown at lunch, but I would have had the meltdown had I been in that crowd in Fantasyland. Holy cow! And you rode Peter Pan twice? You are a brave woman.

As far as little feet go... they don't even have to grow up and get hairy before they get stinky. ;)

I don't remember being creeped out by perms ... but ... okay. LOL.

That was a crowded crowd. Between the crowded crowd, intense hunger and the anonymous meltdown person... I nearly had one myself.

Riding Peter Pan twice was much better than the alternative, which would have been a wild crazy meltdown. Not just a regular one. I'm not that brave. I was just trying to survive! ;)

Umm aren't you suppose to sing to the animals? That's what the princesses do. Where is the video of that?:popcorn:

I am loving your bicycle adventure.

Yvonne... Apparently you haven't heard my singing voice. I think that's where my Princess impersonation went wrong. :rofl2:

Glad you enjoyed the bike tour and I appreciate your joining in.

Aww, it's almost over. I understand now how you managed the crowds. H is a saint and we have the photo to prove it,100_9349.jpg

I think I know who had the meltdown but i won't be the pot calling the kettle black, nuff said. :rofl2:

I'm just sorry the rain messed with some of your plans but it's seems you made the best of it.

Great report Kim, I still may kidnap you for Halloween just to take pictures for me. Of course then you would have to come home with me and write a great trip report too :banana: :heart:

It's not a halo. It's a giant orb.

That FF hat of his is haunted. Now you know what our secret weapon for fighting the crowds really is. :rofl3:

That meltdown could have been any one of us at any given time. hahahaha! It wasn't me ... I don't usually have a meltdown. I tend to just flip out. :rofl2:

You are more than welcome to kidnap me. I'd be more than happy to photograph your entire trip AND make up a report for you.

I wish we could still ride our bikes as a family instead of having the golf cart. Gabe just can't. Hopefully one day he will though. :)

Yes, anything for Anna. Our exact feelings about Gabe. :)

Yeah, I hear ya. Anna is so tiny we can probably put her in the bike trailer until she's 16. :rofl2: But I will be looking into a 6 passenger cart.

Oh, Lorna.... ;)