H and KFK's Fourth at the Fort AND BEYOND!!!!

I did exactly what I said I wasn't going to do, I got behind again. Love the pics of the boys on the canoe! Ty is a darling too and you could tell they were having fun together. Love the pics with vader and crew and walt's plane. I'm glad you and H had a tiny break to have dinner together!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No hijack can be complete without.......EYE CANDY!! :) You're welcome ladies!

Nothing wrong with Fox News - as long as you realize it ISN'T News; You don't think every word they say was engraved in stone by a finger; and you balance what you see there with other sources ...

Wow! I've never heard them say "Fox news... the #1 name in NOT the news." That would make an interesting slogan. :rofl2: If you go make sure to take notes, pics and share a good thorough report. :)

Finally caught up! What a fun TR!!! I enjoyed your pics from AK - it is my 3rd favorite WDW park. We did a lot of zig-zagging too - I think it's hard not to over there.

Love love love the canoe pics and story! Good for you not laughing at their "adventures" - but I'm sure it's sooooooo hard! I would have enjoyed that too - their imaginations are so precious! We missed the canoe ride this year. It's on the list for next year, though, if we get to go back again!

Great pics of Vader and the ST! What a great consolation!!

And I'm with you on the anniversary dinner. What makes it special is that you are together and happy! :heart: Not where you go and what you do.

Awesome update as usual, Pheanis eye's look weird :blink: I hope he doesnt freak xander out, we REALLy want to meet those guys! Can I have your mom and dad? Dave and I havent had an "adult dinner" in 3 years ???

Thanks Judy. I agree Phineas' eyes were a little creepy. Lil' H didn't seem to notice so all was well.

You can't have my parents but you are welcome to borrow them.

I don't want your trip report to end! I am loving it, and love the pictures of Lil H and Gabe (and you and H too)! Your anniversary celebration sounds a lot like the way we celebrate.

I appreciate that Holly! We had a great time!

I don't care for overplanning. It's more fun to be spontaneous and see where it leads. Roaring Fork was perfect four our anniversary.

I did exactly what I said I wasn't going to do, I got behind again. Love the pics of the boys on the canoe! Ty is a darling too and you could tell they were having fun together. Love the pics with vader and crew and walt's plane. I'm glad you and H had a tiny break to have dinner together!

Rita, Rita, Rita. When are you going to learn? :rofl2: I'm just kidding.

Ty and lil H really did get along great together. They'd already met before at Stone Mountain so it was like meeting up with a friend. Being a fiend certainly has it's rewards doesn't it? Lil H told me ... "I love this Fort Fiend business!" LOL!

Finally caught up! What a fun TR!!! I enjoyed your pics from AK - it is my 3rd favorite WDW park. We did a lot of zig-zagging too - I think it's hard not to over there.

Love love love the canoe pics and story! Good for you not laughing at their "adventures" - but I'm sure it's sooooooo hard! I would have enjoyed that too - their imaginations are so precious! We missed the canoe ride this year. It's on the list for next year, though, if we get to go back again!

Great pics of Vader and the ST! What a great consolation!!

And I'm with you on the anniversary dinner. What makes it special is that you are together and happy! :heart: Not where you go and what you do.

I'm glad you're all caught up! I do the same thing. Why does life have to get in the way of our fiend activity? Not fair!

Thanks for the nice comments. We really did have a great time. I highly recommend the canoes. It was one of the highlights of my entire trip.

The cool thing about the Vader photo is that they only do that during Star Wars week. That is not a big window of opportunity. :fairydust:

Day 13 July 9

Magic Kingdom

Today is the last day for my bro and parents and as is tradition on their last day we will be going to Magic Kingdom.

On our way to the boat dock H took a photo of the watercraft rental prices just in case anyone is interested.

100_9025.jpg

100_2082.jpg

100_9026.jpg

100_2086.jpg

Lil’ H is such a clown.

100_9030.jpg

100_2087.jpg

I don’t know about ya’ll but I never get tired of crossing Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon in a WDW watercraft.

Nor do I get tired of monorail photos.

100_9033.jpg

Remember earlier in the trip when I say that H wouldn’t stop taking backside photos?

I love Main Street…

100_9036.jpg

100_2088.jpg

100_9037.jpg

100_9039.jpg

As we were strolling down Main Street, CM’s came scurrying along shooing everyone onto the sidewalk.

We hadn’t taken the time to watch a parade this year. Mostly because the kids aren’t terribly interested.

But since we were herded onto the sidewalk…

and there were floats from the Street Party passing by…

we decided to hang around and watch.

Due to the kids not really caring a lot for parades this was just enough to hold their interest without them getting bored or whiny.

100_9040.jpg

100_9041.jpg

100_9042.jpg

100_9043.jpg

After the parade passed by it was that time again.

We were about to begin one more EWTOT.

For those who may have forgotten this is our Elephant Walk Tour of Tomorrowland.

This is a ritual that is practically written in stone. It cannot be avoided.

Here is another back of KFK shot. I’m the shadow at the bottom taking a pic of the castle.

100_9045.jpg

KFM, Gabe and lil H in the BLSRS gift shop.

100_9048.jpg

Next up on the tour….

The Peoplemover.

I don’t care how many times we go to WDW (I’ve been going since I was 4) this ride never gets old.

We loved it when we were kids because it was a freebie back in the old ticket book days so we did it a lot. And the line moved quickly, and you could sit down for a long time.

The old If You Had Wings attraction, which was located where BLSRP is now, was the same way… a freebie. Loved that one too!

100_9052.jpg

100_9057.jpg

I love this photo of Gabe holding his Nana’s hand. Too sweet!

P7093341.jpg

100_9061.jpg

100_9062.jpg

P7093345.jpg

Next on the tour was Carousel of Progress but I didn’t take any photos this time.

You’re welcome.

Well, maybe just one… ;)

P7093349.jpg

After the EWTOT was complete, and since it was on the way out of Tomorrowland anyway,

And it’s KFBro’s fave..

It was time to race!

100_9063.jpg

On our way to Adventure Land, Frontier Land, Liberty Square, etc…

100_2118.jpg

100_2121.jpg

100_2123.jpg

I love the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. Didn’t go up in it this time… Boooo!!!!

100_2125.jpg

To be continued…

I'm supposed to be packing the MH, but heard your TR calling me. There are 3 must do's for me on a hot day at MK. Carousel of Progress for a nap sorry all you CoP lovers. The Peoplemover to rest my feet and the Hall of Presidents for my second nap. I don't think I have ever seen the whole Presidents show :rofl2: If I can do all of these at some point then I can enjoy the rides I really like.

I agree with the boys except for MSEP, the other parades don't hold my interest either.

P7093341.jpg

Gabe is rockin the Jeff Gordon shirt! :banana:

I too love the peoplemover and go on it every time we are at MK.

Please tell doodle that "napping" in any attraction at WDW could get her arrested! :blink:

I'm supposed to be packing the MH, but heard your TR calling me. There are 3 must do's for me on a hot day at MK. Carousel of Progress for a nap sorry all you CoP lovers. The Peoplemover to rest my feet and the Hall of Presidents for my second nap. I don't think I have ever seen the whole Presidents show :rofl2: If I can do all of these at some point then I can enjoy the rides I really like.

I agree with the boys except for MSEP, the other parades don't hold my interest either.

Is "napping" all you ever think about. :rofl2:

I too love the peoplemover and go on it every time we are at MK.

Please tell doodle that "napping" in any attraction at WDW could get her arrested! :blink:

I've tried to tell her Stef. She won't listen. LOL!

I said nap, not "nap" :rofl2:

Sure Cherie... whatever.. yeah right. ;)

:popcorn:

I keep telling you to pop enough for everyone. :)

Day 13 continued…

Does anyone besides us still laugh at the Jungle Cruise jokes?

I can’t help it. I still laugh. This ride is one of the boys fave’s too.

The backside of water.

100_2134.jpg

100_2138.jpg

100_2144.jpg

100_9087.jpg

100_9084.jpg

100_9086.jpg

100_9088.jpg

100_2140.jpg

100_9090.jpg

There’s nothing like a jungle cruise to whet your appetite for adventure…

Aaarrrrghhhh!!!

100_9094.jpg

Lil H spying out the next adventure…

100_9097.jpg

He wouldn’t have to look far.

Just across the way we spied the Pirate Tutorial.

And it was about to begin.

We headed on over and landed a great spot right in front. Yay!

Capt. Jack

100_9099.jpg

100_2155.jpg

Lil’ H wasn’t called up for the Tutorial but he was called up at the end to be sworn in as an official member of Capt. Jack’s crew and he received a cool certificate. There he is in the camo shorts coming down the steps. That boy got his fair share of pixie dust on this vacation. J

P7093363.jpg

The Tortuga Tavern. We’ve never eaten here but it looks pretty good.

100_2148.jpg

Speaking of food…

We’re all getting pretty hungry by this point and we were all in agreement.

Columbia House.

100_9080.jpg

100_9075.jpg

Sidenote: On FB Dave says there isn’t enough Pood Forn sooooo….

Here is a photo of my half eaten shrimp dinner. :rofl2:

P7093357.jpg

KFDad’s order was wrong. He’d order the tuna Sammie but this wasn’t tuna..

P7093358.jpg

KFM took it back. Come to find out it was hummus. They told her to just keep it and gave her the tuna Sammie as well.

Here’s a closer look at the hummus. It was ok but not something I would order.

P7093359.jpg

With full bellies we were on our way again…

The Riverboat. I like looking at this more than riding it. At least with disinterested kids. Although, you do get to see some great scenery along the way.

100_9079.jpg

Bro wanted to ride the Haunted Mansion…

Our kids did not.

We were tired anyway and decided this is where we would say our goodbyes to the fam and head back to the Fort.

A few exiting photos…

100_2161.jpg

100_2162.jpg

100_2163.jpg

100_2164.jpg

Aaaahhhhhhh!!! Home Sweet Home.

100_2171.jpg

One quick look back over my shoulder before piling onto the golf cart..

100_2174.jpg

100_2176.jpg

100_2177.jpg

And that brings us to the end of Day 13.

Coming soon: FW bike tour of a lifetime, One last hoorah at MK, Golf Cart Therapy, a special fiend and the dreaded departure.

Sidenote: On FB Dave says there isn’t enough Pood Forn sooooo….

Here is a photo of my half eaten shrimp dinner. :rofl2:

P7093357.jpg

KFDad’s order was wrong. He’d order the tuna Sammie but this wasn’t tuna..

P7093358.jpg

KFM took it back. Come to find out it was hummus. They told her to just keep it and gave her the tuna Sammie as well.

Here’s a closer look at the hummus. It was ok but not something I would order.

P7093359.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Many thanks, KFK!!!

It's Not Cindy and I actually shared one of those hummus sammies a couple of years ago. It wasn't half bad.

It was 3/4 bad. :rofl2:

Sorry...couldn't help myself. It really wasn't that bad. We both love hummus. So it tasted ok. It just wasn't my idea of lunch. So I washed my half sandwich down with an order of fish and chips. :dance:

Is "napping" all you ever think about. :rofl2:

I've tried to tell her Stef. She won't listen. LOL!

You both are just jealous :raspberry: :rofl2:

Great update, Kim. I laugh at the silly jokes on the Jungle Cruise too :laugh: Lil H was truly having a vacation filled with pixie dust'

I for one would be very upset if my tuna sandwich was actually hummus, glad they fixed that for you.

I am ready for the next update, I imagine I will be reading on the road though. It's ok, it will make the miles fly by :banana:

Many thanks, KFK!!!

It's Not Cindy and I actually shared one of those hummus sammies a couple of years ago. It wasn't half bad.

It was 3/4 bad. :rofl2:

Sorry...couldn't help myself. It really wasn't that bad. We both love hummus. So it tasted ok. It just wasn't my idea of lunch. So I washed my half sandwich down with an order of fish and chips.

I agree it WAS 3/4 bad. :rofl3: I like hummus but that didn't taste like any hummus I've had before.

It was my idea of a lunch... just not a GOOD lunch. ;)

WTG on the fish and chips. That is the purpose of eating at Columbia House IMHO. (sorry about the IMHO. I was feeling a little cupcake-ish.) hehehehe!

The double post fairy got me, too.

So that's how that happens. I should have known a fairy was involved.

Looks like big H is pretending to shoot himself in the head in one of those shots.

I don't see you in either of your parents, but I do see lil H in your mom.

I thought it was a cub scout salute. But you could be right. We felt like that a few times on this trip. LOL!

You both are just jealous :raspberry: :rofl2:

Great update, Kim. I laugh at the silly jokes on the Jungle Cruise too Lil H was truly having a vacation filled with pixie dust'

I for one would be very upset if my tuna sandwich was actually hummus, glad they fixed that for you.

I am ready for the next update, I imagine I will be reading on the road though. It's ok, it will make the miles fly by :banana:

Funny thing about the hummus. It was so 3/4 bad that several of us tried it out of curiosity and we still threw over half of it away! :rofl2:

Maybe you'll get to read this one before you leave. Then I'll give you another update for the road tomorrow. Be safe doodle!

KFK-

Great update.

I am pro-JC. I am especially pro-corny jokes.

It is nice to see your boys enjoying time with their grandparents and uncle. Those will be special memories.

I am looking forward to the bike tour!

TCD

Thanks TCD. I am pro-JC and pro-corny jokes too. In fact this TR should be proof of that.

Special memories... indeed they are. KFD is a Disney sap. Sharing it with us as adults and his long awaited grandkids get him all squishy. Good times.

Jungle Cruise makes me laugh every time!!

Beautiful pics of a beautiful family!!

Thanks Hotmamac! What a nice comment.

JC jokes rock!

So KFK, Inquiring minds want to know?

Did KFM keep any plates, napkins, or cups for a keepsake? I did see fries but no fry basket :unsure:

You guys look like you are having a really great time. Thanks for the awesome TR.

No napkins or fry baskets were saved. They are no longer anything to speak of. The paper products used to be special and worthy of saving. Not so much now. Boooo!!! to WDW paper product department. :(

I still laugh at the Jungle Cruise. On occasion I've been know to be the only one laughing.

I love this TR!

Me too. I don't get it when people ride the jungle cruise and don't even crack a smile. Are they made of stone?

Thanks Steve. Glad you're enjoying it.

If it weren't for the humor, I'd put JC in with the Electric Water Pageant, Carousel of Progress, Small World, & the so called improved Enchanted Tiki Room..

The attraction itself is very outdated and is now used as a backdrop & prop for the boat CMs to do their schtick.

NASCAR HIJACK

Jeff Gordan must have confused Bristol's pit road and the people mover this past Saturday. Heck the people mover probably would have beat him out pit road too. :parrot: :rofl2:

End Hijack!

If I send Gabe and Lil H Kyle shirts will they wear them? :heart: :banana:

I know Clemson is out of the question...... :rofl2:

Day 14 July 10

Relaxing at Fort Wilderness… sort of.

There were 459 photos taken today. But don’t worry, I don’t plan to post them all.

I only plan to post 450. :rofl2:

Don’t panic. I’m just kidding.

Maybe.

We’ll just go ahead and get started and see what happens.

The way I figure it there’s no better way to start a Fort day than with bacon and eggs. They were delish even if I did break a yolk.

100_2189.jpg

After stuffing our tummies with breakfast and being complete and utter slackers all morning…

We decided to drag ourselves onto the golf cart and go for a spin.

Now you know you are totally lazy when it takes all your energy to go for a golf cart ride.

There was nothing to block us from going behind 300 loop. So that’s exactly what we did.

P7093366.jpg

P7093368.jpg

Then we rode over past the dog park

P7093369.jpg

On our way to the Meadows

P7093372.jpg

Just as I was about to take a photo of the bridge….

This lovely lady rolled into the frame. I don’t know who she is but good for her for riding her bike around the Fort.

I feel inspired. But we’ll get to that later.

P7093373.jpg

P7093374.jpg

The walking/bike path that leads back to the outpost/bus stop.

P7093376.jpg

Here’s a flamingo that knows how it should be done.

P7093379.jpg

As we continued on our journey we decided to go to the 600 loop. This is where Bob, Kathy and the grandkids were… in 602.

But they left yesterday along with the KFParents. They didn't leave together, just on the same day.

When Lil’ H saw someone else in their site he said… “Now that is WORSE than a shame.” I agreed.

P7093386.jpg

A ride through 600 is never complete without taking a photo and mocking the poor unfortunate souls in 617. Since I haven’t posted a photo of this site since early in the TR…

Here ya go.

At least this moho was relatively small so they were able to make the best of being stuck with the worst site in all of Fort Wilderness.

P7093389.jpg

P7093391.jpg

Random…

P7093392.jpg

P7093397.jpg

I was going to take a moment here to rant, complain, etc. but I think the picture says it all.

I have on my angry eyes.

We would never have gotten away with this.

P7093405.jpg

In fact we would not have even gotten away with this...

P7093406.jpg

Coming out of 1400 loop I couldn’t help but wonder.

The bus stop on the loop side has a nice shady shelter to sit and wait on your always prompt WDW Transport Bus. (on the right edge of photo)

P7093408.jpg

But woe unto you if you’re going toward the Settlement and have just missed your always prompt WDW Transport Bus. When it’s hot this is not the place you wanna be.

P7093409.jpg

Now a little scenery…

P7093412.jpg

We canoed under here… remember?

P7093415.jpg

We were on our way to take the boys swimming. They love swimming. Especially Gabe.

P7093419.jpg

P7093423.jpg

We were just in time for a dark cloud, distant thunder and the closing of the pool.

Darn.

As you can see the campfire was already underway. We didn’t hang around so I don’t know if they cleared the people out of there or not.

P7093428.jpg

Since the pool was closed but it hadn’t started raining yet AND we had two disappointed kiddos we had to do SOMETHING. How about the playground?

Cheers from the boys made it an easy decision..

P7103448.jpg

Hmmm.. This is interesting. We weren’t allowed to canoe this way because of the debris in the canal.

Either these folks are breaking the rules and living life on the edge or they’ve cleared the debris.

P7103446.jpg

To be continued…