H and KFK's Fourth at the Fort AND BEYOND!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No hijack can be complete without.......EYE CANDY!! :) You're welcome ladies!

Nothing wrong with Fox News - as long as you realize it ISN'T News; You don't think every word they say was engraved in stone by a finger; and you balance what you see there with other sources ...

Wow! I've never heard them say "Fox news... the #1 name in NOT the news." That would make an interesting slogan. :rofl2: If you go make sure to take notes, pics and share a good thorough report. :)

Perfect timing, Kim. I started my trip this morning with your TR. I have a tendency to break a yolk once in a while too. Good thing Mike likes them that way :banana:

Your relaxing Fort day is exactly how I plan to spend my vacation.

:popcorn: I'm ready for more please :heart:

Great pictures of you and H I think these are the first I have seen of just the 2 of you, unless I have missed something. At least H took the picture with u and not of your back :rofl2:

Thanks Lorna. There weren't many photos of just the two of us. I think we self-took one and mom took one.

Yeah, that's two less photos of my backside. :rofl2:

If it weren't for the humor, I'd put JC in with the Electric Water Pageant, Carousel of Progress, Small World, & the so called improved Enchanted Tiki Room..

The attraction itself is very outdated and is now used as a backdrop & prop for the boat CMs to do their schtick.

The Jungle Cruise is not outdated. It's a retro classic. ;)

And so are the Electric Water pageant, Carousel of Prgress, Small World and the Tiki Room.

"All the birds sings words and the flowers croon.... in the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room!" LOL!!!

Now don't make me sing the other tunes...

NASCAR HIJACK

Jeff Gordan must have confused Bristol's pit road and the people mover this past Saturday. Heck the people mover probably would have beat him out pit road too. :parrot: :rofl2:

End Hijack!

If I send Gabe and Lil H Kyle shirts will they wear them? :heart: :banana:

I know Clemson is out of the question...... :rofl2:

Ok. I have a confession to make. We don't follow NASCAR very closely. (I know. That is almost sacreligious in the south.) The T-shirt was on clearance. LOL!!!

Of course they would wear a Kyle shirt! Of course lil H's favorite driver is... ahem.. as he puts it... "THE WINNER". So his preference could change at any time. LOL!!!!

Gabe's favorite is still Lightning McQueen. :rofl2:

Great TR but "Hummus Samwich"? YUK!!

True dat Sensei! It was an order mix up. We never would have ordered that! Ever!

and thanks for following along with us.

I can handle a smear of hummus on a sandwich as a condiment - but no way would I want it as the main ingredient!

I'm with ya on that Ed. It didn't even really taste like what I consider hummus.

I am anti-weird hummus Sammy at Columbia house.

Perfect timing, Kim. I started my trip this morning with your TR. I have a tendency to break a yolk once in a while too. Good thing Mike likes them that way :banana:

Your relaxing Fort day is exactly how I plan to spend my vacation.

:popcorn: I'm ready for more please :heart:

Yay! I hope your trip is off to a great start. Happy and safe travels to you and Mike!

Relaxing at the Fort is exactly how you SHOULD spend your vacation.

Day 14 July 10 Yep. There’s more.

When I left off on the last update we were still at the 300 loop playground due to the pool being closed because of thunder. From the look of the darkening skies we were only going to have a few more minutes before we’d need to head back to Quail Trail.

P7103444.jpg

P7103440.jpg

And there it is… the drizzling has begun. Back to 912 we go to hang out under the awning and enjoy the rain.

P7103457.jpg

P7103458.jpg

P7103461.jpg

Can you feel the love? I love that our boys love each other so much.

P7103475.jpg

P7103476.jpg

P7103483.jpg

P7103484.jpg

The rain was starting to let up so we let the boys have a popsicle until the thunder was completely over before heading back to the pool to see if it was open yet.

P7103487.jpg

P7103488.jpg

H really has a thing for lurking in the woods and taking photos when we’re not lookin’. :rofl2:

P7103492.jpg

After the popsicles were finished and the rain/thunder stopped we were on our way to the pool. Since this was our last full fort only day we wanted to make sure they got to swim one more time.

On our way we saw these fine fellas.

Good to know FW Security is on the job! I feel soooo much safer knowing they‘re there. :rofl2:

P7103493.jpg

Actually, I think they should bring this guy back. He seems more like someone who should be keeping the law and order at the Fort.

KSCN0032.jpg

With double FW bicycle security keeping the streets safe we made it to the pool without incident.

And as luck would have it (remember that lucky sighting of the one of a kind bus?) the pool had just reopened. We were back in business.

P7103503.jpg

P7103506.jpg

P7103508.jpg

P7103509.jpg

Lil H waiting on the green light. I wish I had a dollar for every time they’ve gone down this slide.

P7103522.jpg

P7103525.jpg

It pays to swim on a rainy day.

There are no crowds to deal with.

I guess they don’t want to get wet.

P7103527.jpg

While I was still at the top of the slide waiting on the boys to come back up I noticed something.

Something I have never seen before.

It’s really a great idea.

If you like the pin trading program you’re gonna love this.

It’s the ponytail holder exchange system.

If you don’t like the color of yours you can trade right here at this trading station located at the top of the Meadows Swimmin’ Pool slide.

I was satisfied with the one I had so I opted out of trying one of theirs.

P7103531.jpg

After a gazillion runs on the flume slide the kiddos wanted to go splash around in the kiddie area.

ZOOM! Look at him fly!

P7103557.jpg

Lil’ H liked to “trick” me by filling up the container with water then calling me over and having me stand in a certain place.

I never saw it coming. :rofl2:

P7103577.jpg

After spending a chunk our afternoon at the pool we were getting hungry and decided to go back and have a little lunch.

Before leaving I took a few photos of the canal and bridge from the kiddie swimming’ area.

I don’t know about anyone else but I used to be really relaxed at the pool.

Not so much anymore.

I’m not sure if it’s having young kids or being terrified of inadvertently ending up in someone’s TR in a swimsuit!!!! :rofl2:

Anyhoo… here’s the photos.

P7103580.jpg

P7103582.jpg

P7103581.jpg

In the next intallment…

My FW Bicycle Tour of a Lifetime.

Thanks, Kim. Just when I thought I would die from boredom, you come through for me :dance: Love the pictures of the boys at the pool. I'm pretty sure in my case, it's the thought of picture of me in a bathing suit that hinders any thought of me relaxing. :rofl2:

Two more great updates KFK!

I am anti-hummus.

I am pro-golf cart riding behind the 300 loop.

I am pro-300 loop playground.

I am also pro-H hiding in the woods and taking photos.

Why not?

My DD's and I noticed those pony tail holders up on the slide. What the Fort was that all about. One of the twins even tried to add one to the collection, but hers rolled off on to the ground. Fail.

I am still looking forward to the bike tour!

TCD

The boys showin some love is priceless! Keep that picture forever, as you know there will come a time when one will want to choke the other one.

H hiding in the woods taking pictures?? I think there may be a law against that. Geez, first TCD gets felt up by a creepy guy at MK, then I find out H is a peeping Tom. What is happening at WDW? ;)

Thanks, Kim. Just when I thought I would die from boredom, you come through for me :dance: Love the pictures of the boys at the pool. I'm pretty sure in my case, it's the thought of picture of me in a bathing suit that hinders any thought of me relaxing. :rofl2:

Does this mean I saved your life? :superhero: Cool! You owe me big time now. :rofl2:

Thanks about the pool photos. They really are a joy to watch in the pool. Fortunately they're both good swimmers so my only worries are Gabe throwing another kid off the top of the slide. :eek:

For the record I am VERY anti-being in someones TR in a swimsuit.

:popcorn: No one else will eat any of this pile of popcorn I popped, so it looks like I'm going to have to 'take one for the fiends'.

Mine! Mine! Mine! Are you a Finding Nemo seagull?

Two more great updates KFK!

I am anti-hummus.

I am pro-golf cart riding behind the 300 loop.

I am pro-300 loop playground.

I am also pro-H hiding in the woods and taking photos.

Why not?

My DD's and I noticed those pony tail holders up on the slide. What the Fort was that all about. One of the twins even tried to add one to the collection, but hers rolled off on to the ground. Fail.

I am still looking forward to the bike tour!

TCD

I completely agree on the pro's and anti's listed here.

Except maybe the lurking H one. He's sneaky. But like you said... Why not?

I think the ponytail holder exchange program is going to be way bigger than the pin trading program.

Thanks for popping in. Hopefully the Bicycle tour won't disappoint.

The boys showin some love is priceless! Keep that picture forever, as you know there will come a time when one will want to choke the other one.

H hiding in the woods taking pictures?? I think there may be a law against that. Geez, first TCD gets felt up by a creepy guy at MK, then I find out H is a peeping Tom. What is happening at WDW? ;)

You're right Stef. Those love moments are priceless. Sometimes they do want to choke each other. I don't have to look forward to that happening. It already does. ;)

At least H was only peeping at me.. at least as far as I know. Our camera has a pretty good zoom. :rofl2:

Holy mother of all that is... well something. My brain is fried but I managed to load read (ok...I read most but browsed some) all of the 29 pages I hadn't read. What an awesome TR! I think I need a nap now......but I will be waiting for the bike trip since we use our bikes for looping.

The whole thing at once!? You must have smoke coming out of your eye sockets by now! (don't feel bad... sometimes I browse too) Go ahead and have a nap. You deserve it.

I highly recommend the bike riding. I'll talk more about that later on.

Thanks for joining in reb!

Day 14 July 10 just keeps on going…

KFK’s Bicycle Tour of a Lifetime (at least my lifetime)

We have already started our day with bacon and eggs, rode around the Fort in the golf cart, taken the boys to the playground, hung out under the awning during the rain,, gone swimming at the Meadow’s swimming’ pool and had lunch. I don’t remember what we had but I know we had something. Probably a sandwich or something of the sort.

Since the boys were tired and ready to wallow around on the couch in the a/c and H seemed to be thinking along those same lines….

I asked if he minded if I went for a “little bike ride”. :rofl2: Let me backtrack a minute here and share why that is funny.

Several years ago I convinced H to go for a “little bike ride” on the beach. I told him that it would be great. This was in the middle of the day. Heat doesn’t bother me and sometimes I forget that not everyone shares my tolerance of the blazing sun. Anyway … we were at Hunting Island SC, and I took poor H to the opposite end of the island. Not even considering that we also had to go all the way back.

Luckily I knew the island pretty well, and after a little stop at the Lighthouse store for a couple of sodas and ice cream to cool off with, we cut through to a shady road on our way back. It took 3 times longer to get back to the campground but we were in the shade!

This “little bike ride” is now affectionately known as “THE BIKE RIDE OF DEATH!!!”.

Soooo.. When I asked if he’d be ok with the kids while I went for a little bike ride … well now you know why he lowered his head looking at me over the top of his specs and said “Hmmm… little bike ride huh?” :rofl2:

Long story short, or at least not as long as it could be, he gave his blessing and sent me on my way.

Let the bike tour begin…

As I leave Quail Trail I take a left onto the bike path toward 600 loop.

100_9140.jpg

100_9141.jpg

100_9142.jpg

As well all know you can’t even go near 600 loop without making fun of the guests in 617. It’s all part of the experience. I know I’ve already posted a photo or two of these guests but here’s another one.

100_9143.jpg

At first I considered not going into 600 but changed my mind. I figured I’d at least go over to the bridge going to the campfire area for a couple of photos.

100_9144.jpg

Then I thought…

While I’m here why not go out on the bridge and take a couple of photos of the fishin' hole.

100_9145.jpg

100_9146.jpg

100_9147.jpg

Since I was already this close it would be a shame not to go all the way and check out the campfire area. Afterall, I was on my own. Solo mio.

I really should have taken more photos here.

100_9148.jpg

100_9149.jpg

100_9150.jpg

After leaving the 600 loop. I decided to head over to someplace very special…

I know. The entire Fort is special.

But this particular destination has always had a special place in my heart. Now that I have kids, especially boys, it is even more so now.

I started to pedal a little harder because I can’t get there fast enough. The thought of being able to walk around and explore with no distractions was more than I could take.

100_9153.jpg

Amost there…

100_9154.jpg

I made it!!

And it looks like someone was expecting me!

How awesome!

100_9155.jpg

Yes! The Tri-Cirlce D Farm! I have so many wonderful memories of this place, not only from my childhood but of sharing it with our boys as well.

How excited they were to ride ponies for the first time!! They even got to experience feeding the goats. I believe there were still some other animals when Lil H was smaller too.

The farm is only a shadow of what is used to be but it still stirs up wonderful feelings and memories. :heart:

100_9157.jpg

100_9158.jpg

100_9159.jpg

100_9160.jpg

100_9161.jpg

100_9162.jpg

Here is where the kiddos stand to get up on the ponies. We’ve done this just a few times.

Lil’ H’s first pony ride was with Cricket. We took a photo of Cricket last year but this year I didn’t see her. Gabe was too small to ride that time but he got to do it the next year and the next and the next.

Our boys are now too big to do this again. Boo! Where does the time go?

100_9163.jpg

100_9164.jpg

Why haven’t I noticed the picnic tables before?

Maybe it’s because the thought of picnicking where there is a strong scent of horse poop isn’t that appetizing?

Still, it’s a nice view.

100_9165.jpg

100_9166.jpg

100_9167.jpg

The other side of the pony ride building.

100_9168.jpg

100_9171.jpg

100_9172.jpg

100_9173.jpg

I believe I’ve come very close to my photo limit so I’ll pause here…

But I’ll be back. My bike tour is just beginning.

I have to admit that the farm is the one place we didn't explore too much. Then again it was Christmas week, crowded, and our first trip to the Fort we gazed at it quickly. Something to explore more fully if it's still there when we get back.

PS. My eyes did feel as if they wanted to explode but I persevered. I refuse to get behind now that I've caught up so bring it on!

I LOVE the TCD ranch! It is one of my favorite spots at the Fort too. Our last visit to the Fort, while we were staying off site last October, allowed us to spend some time soaking in the ranch. I took lots of pics, because at that time I thought I would never see it in person again. The rumors were swirling already about the proposed DVC property that is projected to move the barns, and I assumed that by the time we returned to the Fort it would already be underway. As long as they don't start moving dirt in the next 3 months, I will be able to see my beloved ranch again!! :dance:

Dang speedy poster! The pic of the boys playing is precious. I'm with Gabe on the Nascar, my favorite is still Lightning McQueen. I'm sure my redneck card is in threat of being revoked. DH is suprisingly a HUGE Nascar fan (he is a city boy), I dont mind going to them in person, but I can't watch it on TV, makes me sleepy. I told him I'll pay more attention if he buys me a camper! :rofl2:

Stupid Judy Story, from the other place I had seen TCD mention site 617 several times, but I never picked up on the sarcasam of it all.. until your report. When I saw it in person last year I remember thinking.. "now why in the world would any body like this site??" Now I get it, I'm slow.. but I get there.. :rolleyes:

Dang speedy poster! The pic of the boys playing is precious. I'm with Gabe on the Nascar, my favorite is still Lightning McQueen. I'm sure my redneck card is in threat of being revoked.

might as well go ahead and revoke mine. Not only do I not like Nascar but I love Indycar. That, if I remember my redneck card rules, is strictly forbidden. :rofl2:

I have to admit that the farm is the one place we didn't explore too much. Then again it was Christmas week, crowded, and our first trip to the Fort we gazed at it quickly. Something to explore more fully if it's still there when we get back.

PS. My eyes did feel as if they wanted to explode but I persevered. I refuse to get behind now that I've caught up so bring it on!

Bringing it on in just a sec.

Way to workout those TR muscles! ;)

I LOVE the TCD ranch! It is one of my favorite spots at the Fort too. Our last visit to the Fort, while we were staying off site last October, allowed us to spend some time soaking in the ranch. I took lots of pics, because at that time I thought I would never see it in person again. The rumors were swirling already about the proposed DVC property that is projected to move the barns, and I assumed that by the time we returned to the Fort it would already be underway. As long as they don't start moving dirt in the next 3 months, I will be able to see my beloved ranch again!!

That is exactly why I took so many photos this time too Dave. I think the Farm/Ranch is especially sentimental for those of us who "remember when..". I hope you get to see it again. :)

Dang speedy poster! The pic of the boys playing is precious. I'm with Gabe on the Nascar, my favorite is still Lightning McQueen. I'm sure my redneck card is in threat of being revoked. DH is suprisingly a HUGE Nascar fan (he is a city boy), I dont mind going to them in person, but I can't watch it on TV, makes me sleepy. I told him I'll pay more attention if he buys me a camper!

Stupid Judy Story, from the other place I had seen TCD mention site 617 several times, but I never picked up on the sarcasam of it all.. until your report. When I saw it in person last year I remember thinking.. "now why in the world would any body like this site??" Now I get it, I'm slow.. but I get there..

Thanks Judy. I used to be a professional typist. A medical transcriptionist in fact. That's why I'm speedy. :)

I like Lightning McQueen too. AND the King. Let's not leave out the Hudson Hornet. You have a great argument for a camper! how can he fight that? ;)

I like your Stupid Judy story. LOL! Now I can't help but hear that part from the Universe of Energy at Epcot in my head. "Stupid Judy". LOL!!!

617 is bad. I can't imagine being stuck in that spot. But making fun of the poor suckers who are stuck there is just plain funny! :rofl2:

Loving the bike tour. Your pictures of the ranch are probably as close as I will ever get. l'm allergic to horses and hay Sure hope this was a long bike trip, your trhelps the miles fly by.

Get yourself an anti-histamine and a face mask and go check it out. :D Just kidding.

It was a long bike tour so I hope the next installment gets you through a few more miles. Thanks for following along ... even on vacay. :heart:

might as well go ahead and revoke mine. Not only do I not like Nascar but I love Indycar. That, if I remember my redneck card rules, is strictly forbidden.

My redneck card is lost somewhere. I'm not sure I ever got a rule sheet. I can watch the first and last laps of NASCAR. Maybe glance at a couple in the middle and catch the highlights on ESPN. :rofl2:

Day 14 July 10 continues on…

More photos of the farm.

I’ll start this update by saying that I miss the days when this was an actual farm. As much as I still love the TCD Farm it’s a little sad to see the emptiness of it all.

Who remembers when Minnie Moo was at the TCD farm?

I do. In fact I have a photo of her somewhere.

There used to be goats. Lots of goats. AND the kids could feed and pet them.

There used to be pigs. Lil’ H got to see them on his earlier FW visits.

There used to be chickens.

There used to be a Blacksmith too. I remember seeing a fire in the fireplace and him working diligently on the task at hand. I remember hearing the sounds of hammering as he worked.

Here are a few photos of his shop.

100_9174.jpg

It seems like I remember someone saying that the Blacksmith gave them a horseshoe from this shop.

What a great keepsake that would be!!

100_9175.jpg

100_9179.jpg

Hey look! You can see the Settlement bus stop in the background! There was a time you could hear the ringing of the blacksmiths hammer while you waited on your bus. Good times.

100_9180.jpg

This seems like an odd place for a picnic table. Especially since there’s not much to see here now.

100_9181.jpg

Just another vantage point from the Blacksmith’s shop.

100_9182.jpg

Ok, enough nostalgia for just a minute. I’m ready to see something that is still working around here.

The Tri-Circle D Ranch.

I still love it here.

They still have horses AND they are actual working horses. There are actual people there tending the horses.

100_9185.jpg

Here’s one of the horses and part of the pasture.

100_9183.jpg

If you ever get a chance to visit the TCD Farm/Ranch make sure to go inside the stable area. There’s a lot of cool stuff in there.

In fact, don’t wait on a chance to visit. Make it happen. You won’t be sorry.

The stables have this wonderful display of memorabilia and information on WDW horses.

100_9186.jpg

100_9187.jpg

This was always especially cool to me. Notice the old style Mickey Mouse ears.

I always loved the globe with Mouse ears. Reminds me of my childhood. I always thought it was clever. ;)

100_9189.jpg

They also have this wonderful photo display of the many roles of horses at WDW.

100_9190.jpg

100_9191.jpg

Models of the types of horses used by WDW.

100_9192.jpg

A model of the calliope that used to parade down Main Street in Magic Kingdom.

100_9194.jpg

More horse memorabilia..

100_9196.jpg

I believe the photo in the lower right of the next photo is of the WDW horses pulling the calliope down Main St. I wish they still did stuff like that.

On the subject of Main Street… Who remembers when there was a night time castle show WITH A LIVE BAND, followed by the fireworks and then the Main Street Electrical parade? A lot of things WDW does now seems “canned” to me. IMHO.

100_9197.jpg

100_9198.jpg

I know photos of the calliope have been posted before but…

since I am documenting the horse memorabilia this absolutely had to be included.

For such a wonderful piece of WDW history, this calliope deserves a little more respect than it’s being given here.

It is quite impressive and should have a display worthy of it.

100_9199.jpg

I love that a horse walked past as I was taking photos. J

100_9200.jpg

Yes, I pushed the button.

I know another fiend who would push it too.

You know who you are! :rofl2:

100_9202.jpg

As I was admiring the inside of the stable I saw this lady. She has pizza. (Pood Forn at a distance for Dave). :D

100_9203.jpg

A quick look down the other end of the stables.

100_9204.jpg

Here’s a name card for Ned. I spared him a flash in the eyes with my camera. You’re welcome Ned.

100_9205.jpg

Now that I had sufficiently immersed myself in horse information, memorabilia, nostalgia and actual horses...

I decided to check out the outside of the stables.

100_9206.jpg

100_9207.jpg

100_9208.jpg

100_9209.jpg

100_9210.jpg

100_9211.jpg

I know I’m posting a lot of photos but due to projected plans this may all be gone one day soon. This place is absolutely wonderful and I would like to remember every part of it.

Be back soon with more of the TCD Farm and the next stop on my bicycle tour.

KFK-

I loved the first two installments of the bike ride of a lifetime.

I can't wait for the rest!

Great job!

I have some comments, too;

I LOVE the TCD ranch! It is one of my favorite spots at the Fort too. Our last visit to the Fort, while we were staying off site last October, allowed us to spend some time soaking in the ranch. I took lots of pics, because at that time I thought I would never see it in person again. The rumors were swirling already about the proposed DVC property that is projected to move the barns, and I assumed that by the time we returned to the Fort it would already be underway. As long as they don't start moving dirt in the next 3 months, I will be able to see my beloved ranch again!! :dance:

Dave-

As you know, I also love the TCD ranch!

Disney management recognized this by naming the ranch after me. Which is a little embarrassing sometimes. I mean, that is a lot of recognition.

Based on all that I have seen (and not seen), I think it is safe to say that the TCD ranch isn't going anywhere for a while. They have yet to break ground on the new stables, and there would be no reason to start any demolition of the existing ranch until the new facilities are up and running.

Stupid Judy Story, from the other place I had seen TCD mention site 617 several times, but I never picked up on the sarcasam of it all.. until your report. When I saw it in person last year I remember thinking.. "now why in the world would any body like this site??" Now I get it, I'm slow.. but I get there.. :rolleyes:

Hey, at least you got there!

I wonder if anyone has ever requested 617 based on a TCD trip report?

I like your Stupid Judy story. LOL! Now I can't help but hear that part from the Universe of Energy at Epcot in my head. "Stupid Judy". LOL!!!

I am pro-Stupid Judy!

We visited the Universe of Energy not long ago just to have something to do while we were waiting for a fastpass return time to come up.

That is one longgggg attraction!

But, it is amazing that they had Alex Trebeck, Ellen, and Jamie Lee Curtis in the video for the attraction, and that they have all managed to stay relevant over the years. But what about poor Bill Nye the Science Guy, whatever happened to him. He was such a big deal, and now where is he?

1. Who remembers when Minnie Moo was at the TCD farm?

2. It seems like I remember someone saying that the Blacksmith gave them a horseshoe from this shop.

1. I do!

2. I remember someone saying that too! I even remember who it was!

TCD

It seems like I remember someone saying that the Blacksmith gave them a horseshoe from this shop.

What a great keepsake that would be!!

That may be me.

We have been the lucky recipients of a couple of those horseshoes over the years. They have prominent places in my daughters' rooms. And I bet someday they will pass them down to their kids...and maybe one of those kids will write a trip report on FF.net and include a pic of "my Mom's horseshoe"...kinda like a french fry basket!

I love the water slide pics. That's is another one of the many things we have not done at the fort yet. All the TCD pics are great. It's amazing how many things your pick up when you can take the time to look at detailed picks. I only have 1 month & 24 days left so keep the pics coming.