H and KFK's Fourth at the Fort AND BEYOND!!!!

z35067312.jpg :argh: NO I need more Fort Wilderness fix!

Where did you find that pic of me singing?

No worries Ed... Lil' Lisa has a great TR started and I'm sure there will be more on the way.

Thanks for following along even if you never did share your popcorn with me. LOL!

oh honey, who are you tellin, my first 3 were all very close, my son is 15 months older than my daughter and my third child is exactly 12 months and 2 weeks younger than her sister.. I remember being so tired at the end of the day I would just pile them all three on me and we'd fall alseep that way. Occasioanlly when Dave is out of town all 5 of them will pile up with me in the living room floor and watch movies all night, dont tell my pre teens but that's my favorite time with them :heart:

Gabe = at least 3 kids... does that make me an honorary mom of 4?

Your secret is safe with me. ;)

Kim, I loved it ALL! The pics of the boys on the way home are ones that I know you will always treasure, that happiness is just contagious! I see Gabe still had his bus! There were so many high points that I just don't know what to say,except I'm sad it's over.

Thank you Rita. I appreciate your all of your sweet comments.

Yep. When Lou gave him that bus I knew he'd never turn it loose.

If those boys can be that darned happy in the back of the truck for hours, those are some HAPPY boys. :heart:

Even as an adult I get crazy when stuck in a vehicle, first I'm bored, then I get tired, then overtired, then stupid.

Now I'm dancing in my seat and singing show tunes. :rolleyes:

Good for the KFBoys.

The boys usually travel well. Yes, they are happy most of the time...they make me happy that's for sure!!!

We can get pretty silly on a long trip too!

That was a GREAT Trip Report!!!

Loved living it, loved reading it.

A real family treasure!!!

Thanks Kim. emot-bravo.gif

Well THERE you are!!! I was wondering...

You're welcome and thanks for paying for the trip in the first place. ;)

H, glad to see you chime in at least this tiny little bit! Y'all are the real treasure!

Get him Rita! LOL!

And thanks.....

It's over, I'll be okay, really I will :'( We still have SM 2012 to look forward too. I see H has come out of hiding, if I hadn't seen him in your pictures I would be worried that he was still waiting for me on site 18 :rofl2: Hi, H penguin-wave.gif

See there cherie... it's been over for a couple of days and you lived. The end wasn't so bad now was it? hehehehe!

ROFL!!! He did linger on site 18, but I finally dragged him away kicking and screaming!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No hijack can be complete without.......EYE CANDY!! :) You're welcome ladies!

Nothing wrong with Fox News - as long as you realize it ISN'T News; You don't think every word they say was engraved in stone by a finger; and you balance what you see there with other sources ...

Wow! I've never heard them say "Fox news... the #1 name in NOT the news." That would make an interesting slogan. :rofl2: If you go make sure to take notes, pics and share a good thorough report. :)

Those are some great pictures of your boys. Kim you have just finished a fantastic trip report! You have raised the bar when it comes to trip reports. Now I must admit I'm sad to see it's over. So when we all kidnap you on Halloween I'll need you to write mine. Great Report!!

What was that gift that was left on your windshield?

I appreciate that steve! Thanks!

So which exit do I need to be at when you pass through? I'll be the one with the suitcase mouse ears and bear repellent. :rofl2:

The gift on the windshield was our eviction notice. I don't like those.

It's over??

Those were the best 35 pages evah!!

Bravo to KFK!! Great report.

Can't you at least squeak out one final post....a kind of "Post Post"?

Ya gotta have at least one more pic of those adorable boys of yours? The last pics of Gabe and Lil H were the bomb. Cuter than heck. Got one more? Or maybe one more of H's pics of your back side?

Anything else?

Well, I don't know about evah!!! but thank you Dave. I love the trip home photos too. There's so much love between those two brothers. We are truly blessed.

So let me get this straight...

after a TR that lasted approximately a month and a half you want me to dig back through all those photos and find some that haven't been posted?

Well, OK, since you asked nicely. I think I may have a few I can post tomorrow. But no more of my backside. LOL!

It can be kind of like a Fox & Friends after the show show. (calm down Ed.) :rofl2:

Great report Kim! You are epic! It was great being your neighbor and getting to know your boys (all 3 of them)

Hey Ally! Thank you very much! Being neighbors with you and your precious family made the trip extra special for me. I truly enjoyed our quick chats and long conversations. Hopefully it won't be the last time we share a loop.

I just realized you called me epic. Is that another word for long winded? LOL!!

Late catching up on your TR, but definitely happy I finally did! Great, great trip.

I completely agree 100% on the bike riding at the Fort. That's how my guys and I spend many, many happy hours (if you remember from Stone Mountain, we usually end up spending more time on the bikes than on foot!).

So sweet to see your boys as best buddies! That's adorable, and brings back memories of my guys at those ages. Too cute! Good news is, it should last, too.

And yep, while the days of carrying them do pass, it's still pretty darn funny when they insist on picking YOU up when they're taller than you! Silly boys.

I already can't wait for next year's report! This was fantastic!

Yes I do remember you and your boys on bikes. In fact, I don't think I ever saw ya'll off of them. LOL. We'll make sure to bring ours to SM 2012.

I've got a feeling that if your boys and my boys were the same age they would have been best pals. Bikes, rock climbing, high adventure. ;)

I am in no hurry for my boys to be big enough to pick me up. I want to be able to hold them for as long as I can.

Thank you, polkadot, for the nice comments.

I was so sad when I read that it was departure day, but then I looked at those pictures of your precious boys and I was happy again! Fantastic job on the report! This trip report is now tied for first place on my list of favorite trip reports ever...my other favorite is the one where Dave and Christy went to get little Anna!

When is your next visit to the mouse? I'm counting down the days until your next trip report!

Departure day is the saddest ever isn't it?

Wow! To even be named in the same sentence with Dave and Christy getting sweet Anna is humbling. That was the most precious ever wasn't it!? What a beautiful family and I am certainly honored to have met them. (and hugged them all fiercely!)

We don't have any ressies at the moment... boo!

AMAZING!!

An amazing trip report, amazing photos, amazingly adorable kids, and...

amazing that I just read the whole thing from start to finish!

unreal.gif

Serves me right for being 3 months behind on TRs!!

One question - Kim, what kind of cameras are you and H using?

Some notes...

I am anti-poncho

I am VERY pro-EWP and COP (Hi Lou! :raspberry:)

I am also anti-prison

...pro-monoral

...anti- new Settlement Trading Post sign (yuk)

...PRO silly faces

...pro-picnic tables and canoes

Side note: someone on some other camping board recently mentioned that they actually REQUESTED site 617. Not. Even. Kidding.

I think I'm anti-pajama jeans but... I like pajamas and I like jeans :blink:

carrying on...

...pro-Clover King Wagon

...anti-"the water tanker is still missing"

...most decidedly ANTI-ending up in someone’s TR in a swimsuit!!!!

...pro, Pro, PRO-KFK's bike tour of a lifetime!

Thanks for the terrific TR, Kim

Thank especially for the Wishes!

I was singing along with your post...

...and crying along with the video. :wub:

...and now I need to go sleep for a week.

Let me see if I can respond to all of this without leaving anything out. :rofl2:

First, THANK YOU!!! I really do appreciate you, and everyone else who took the time to follow along and comment. :heart:

Cameras: 1. Olympus Stylus Tough (waterproof) which incidentally died on me a week later at the beach. Booo!

2. Kodak Playtouch (very small HD camcorder with snapshot capability)

3. Kodak Z612

4. My phone.

I am completely AMAZED!!! Our pro's and anti's match perfectly! (especially the ending up in a tr in a swimsuit one!) I knew I liked you.

What kind of nut job actually requests 617? Dang! Maybe they enjoy having their awning whacked by passersby. Or perhaps they don't mind "sharing" what's on the grill with other guests. To each his own.

I'm glad you enjoyed Wishes. I know that some of the fiends live far away and may only get to WDW every few years or even longer so I thought maybe it could serve as a little sprinkling of pixie dust. :fairydust:

I still cry everytime. Darn, just remembered I think i left this story out of the TR. When we were watching Wishes I was next to a lady who was seeing it for the first time and had her little girl with her. The little girl couldn't see from where they were standing so I offered to let her stand in front of me.... the mom agreed. The mom couldn't really see her daughter in the crowd but I assured her that I had her and she was fine. How many places in the world could you do that? Both the mom and the daughter were all glassy eyed and in awe of all the magic. It was fantastic experiencing it through the eyes of first timers!

Now go take a nap. LOL.

Yea!! What H said!!

Thanks TJ!!! XXXOOO

I'm just so sad this one is over I had to visit again!

Visit as often as you like sweet Rita!

Day 11 continues…

...I know that was kind of anti-climatic.

Coming up: The Departure Day Blues

I would have (and have) done the same thing. Sometimes it's the things that you don't do, that make the things you do do so much more fun.

KFK-

Nooooooooooo!

I don't want it to be over!

What a great trip report!

You are the best!

Now, I have a comment on one of the comments:

AMAZING!!

An amazing trip report, amazing photos, amazingly adorable kids, and...

amazing that I just read the whole thing from start to finish!

unreal.gif

Serves me right for being 3 months behind on TRs!!

One question - Kim, what kind of cameras are you and H using?

Some notes...

I am anti-poncho

I am VERY pro-EWP and COP (Hi Lou! :raspberry:)

I am also anti-prison

...pro-monoral

...anti- new Settlement Trading Post sign (yuk)

...PRO silly faces

...pro-picnic tables and canoes

Side note: someone on some other camping board recently mentioned that they actually REQUESTED site 617. Not. Even. Kidding. :wacko:

I think I'm anti-pajama jeans but... I like pajamas and I like jeans :blink:

carrying on...

...pro-Clover King Wagon

...anti-"the water tanker is still missing"

...most decidedly ANTI-ending up in someone’s TR in a swimsuit!!!!

...pro, Pro, PRO-KFK's bike tour of a lifetime!

Thanks for the terrific TR, Kim

Thank especially for the Wishes!

I was singing along with your post...

...and crying along with the video. :wub:

:bighug:

:bravo:

...and now I need to go sleep for a week. ;)

Great job on the pro/con list, Monique.

I am with you all the way.

Except for the anti-poncho.

I'm with Lil' H all the way on being pro-poncho!

I don't understand you anti-poncho people.

Crapola!!! Another double post trademark!

Classic!

Now I'm really sad.

I wasn't kidding about not wanting this TR to end.

TCD

I'm glad you enjoyed Wishes. I know that some of the fiends live far away and may only get to WDW every few years or even longer so I thought maybe it could serve as a little sprinkling of pixie dust. :fairydust:

It did indeed! :heart:

The mom couldn't really see her daughter in the crowd but I assured her that I had her and she was fine. How many places in the world could you do that? Both the mom and the daughter were all glassy eyed and in awe of all the magic. It was fantastic experiencing it through the eyes of first timers!

and see... just reading that makes me misty!

We'll probably see Wishes at least 7 or 8 times while we're there, and every single time I'll hum/sing along to myself and get all choked up.

Can't explain it, but there you go. :wub:

I finally got to finish this. I wasn't able to follow along while I was away because all of the pictures would have eaten up my allotment on my wifi hot spot plan rather quickly. It was awesome as always, Kim! We need to coordinate our trips so we can go together! Can you imagine the innuendo that would be flying? I think we would have a blast.

Hi Kim!

I just now got all caught up! I've been out of the loop the past couple of weeks - had a big class to finish up. My reward - having time to catch up on your TR!!! Oh, so many great pictures and comments! I do have a list, though, you know I do... :rolleyes:

1. Yes, I do still laugh at the Jungle Cruise jokes! (told ya I was really behind)

2. Although I admire your fried eggs and bacon picture, I really do not like eggs. I ate one every day when I was pregnant because I thought it would be good for the baby - but didn't enjoy it!

3. I am PRO-underwater pics at the pool! Too cute!

4. I am also much more heat-tolerant than most people. We should do a bike tour together one day! We were just leaving a park yesterday and I told DH "Oh, the sun feels so good. I enjoy a good outdoor sweat." :rofl2: He looked at me like my head fell off.

5. The pic of Lil H with his head on your shoulder is PRECIOUS!!!

6. I really enjoyed your TR and wish I had been able to keep up as you went along! I did just read 10 pages - does that count for something?

Thanks for the fun and the great pics!

I would have (and have) done the same thing. Sometimes it's the things that you don't do, that make the things you do do so much more fun.

While we've never ended our vacation in such an uneventful way, I have to admit it was actually kind of nice. We weren't dog tired trying to pack up to leave on departure day.

You said it right CL! We do do a lot! :rofl2: We used to be complete park commandos but have decided that we actually miss out on a lot by trying to do too much. Does that make sense?

KFK-

Nooooooooooo!

I don't want it to be over!

What a great trip report!

You are the best!

Now, I have a comment on one of the comments:

Great job on the pro/con list, Monique.

I am with you all the way.

Except for the anti-poncho.

I'm with Lil' H all the way on being pro-poncho!

I don't understand you anti-poncho people.

Classic!

Now I'm really sad.

I wasn't kidding about not wanting this TR to end.

TCD

Thank you TCD!!! but....

No, I am not the best. I may have made it to the podium but the gold and silver medals are hanging around someone else's neck. ;)

I really appreciate your reading along and for all of the input!

Now, no need for sadness. There are some great reports getting starting and I for one am ready to settle in and enjoy all of them. :banana:

Oh what a great report.

Loved it!

Your boys are adorable. You can tell from the pics that they really enjoy being together.

Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks hotmama! The boys really do have a lot of love between them.

It did indeed! :heart:

and see... just reading that makes me misty!

We'll probably see Wishes at least 7 or 8 times while we're there, and every single time I'll hum/sing along to myself and get all choked up.

Can't explain it, but there you go. :wub:

I'm with ya Monique... I still cry at Wishes too. And I cry if the song gets in my head, and when we watch our home movies, and lawd help me if i try to talk about it!!!

Awesome Report!!! Thanks Kim!!!!

Thank you!! I really enjoyed the kick of to your cruise report last night. Looking forward to the rest! :banana!

I finally got to finish this. I wasn't able to follow along while I was away because all of the pictures would have eaten up my allotment on my wifi hot spot plan rather quickly. It was awesome as always, Kim! We need to coordinate our trips so we can go together! Can you imagine the innuendo that would be flying? I think we would have a blast.

Oh, you shouldn't even give a thought to this TR when you were living one of your own! ;) I'm glad u had a good trip and I am enjoying the beginnings of your report. :D

We definitely need to coordinate trips. However, Bruce's man crush will pale in comparison with my girl crush. :heart: :rofl2:

Did somebody say "innuendo" ? Can I play too? :banana:

LOL!!!

dw_tw___innuendo_squad_by_sirlemoncurd-d2wozqg.png

Where DO you come up with all this stuff Ed? LOL.

Hi Kim!

I just now got all caught up! I've been out of the loop the past couple of weeks - had a big class to finish up. My reward - having time to catch up on your TR!!! Oh, so many great pictures and comments! I do have a list, though, you know I do... :rolleyes:

1. Yes, I do still laugh at the Jungle Cruise jokes! (told ya I was really behind)

2. Although I admire your fried eggs and bacon picture, I really do not like eggs. I ate one every day when I was pregnant because I thought it would be good for the baby - but didn't enjoy it!

3. I am PRO-underwater pics at the pool! Too cute!

4. I am also much more heat-tolerant than most people. We should do a bike tour together one day! We were just leaving a park yesterday and I told DH "Oh, the sun feels so good. I enjoy a good outdoor sweat." :rofl2: He looked at me like my head fell off.

5. The pic of Lil H with his head on your shoulder is PRECIOUS!!!

6. I really enjoyed your TR and wish I had been able to keep up as you went along! I did just read 10 pages - does that count for something?

Thanks for the fun and the great pics!

Hi Beth! Glad you see you rejoin us! :banana: I know you're glad to be done with the big class.

A bike tour together would be fantastic!!! I love to ride mine, especially at Fort Wilderness. I nearly killed H on our "bike ride of death" at the beach several years ago. I thought his head might REALLY fall off. :rofl2:

Who knows, we may be able to catch up with ya at Carrowinds next year.

Thank you for following along and YES!!! reading 10 pages definitely counts for something. In fact, it counts a lot! :heart:

Ok, since Dave asked nicely for a couple of more pics, I found a couple I can share as my post post.

I realized I hadn't posted any photos of the boys' tie dye shirts from the project that Jen so graciously provided for the mini fiends.

We were already home so it isn't from WDW and they were taken on my phone with bad lighting... but here they are..

IMG_20110911_200941.jpg

IMG_20110912_070438.jpg

IMG_20110912_070509.jpg

Ok, since Dave asked nicely for a couple of more pics, I found a couple I can share as my post post.

I realized I hadn't posted any photos of the boys' tie dye shirts from the project that Jen so graciously provided for the mini fiends.

We were already home so it isn't from WDW and they were taken on my phone with bad lighting... but here they are..

IMG_20110911_200941.jpg

IMG_20110912_070438.jpg

IMG_20110912_070509.jpg

I just love those boys and the shirts are great :banana:

And yep, while the days of carrying them do pass, it's still pretty darn funny when they insist on picking YOU up when they're taller than you! Silly boys.

I am in no hurry for my boys to be big enough to pick me up. I want to be able to hold them for as long as I can.

Hey!! I call it first!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

We shall see.

This TR still has some legs.

You may get there yet.

And, having the most views doesn't make you the best.

Writing a great trip report does, and you did just that!

(Again)

TCD

Well, I'm just going to say, I most humbly thank you for the nice words. :)

I just love those boys and the shirts are great :banana:

Thanks Cherie. ♥

Hey!! I call it first!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Don't forget your back brace and remember to lift with your legs! :rofl2: :rofl2:

Thank you for the bonus shots, Kim! :banana:

Your boys are so cute, and such nice kids to be around. Can't wait to see you all again someday.

Well you did ask nicely! :)

Thank you Dave. All of your girls are completely sweet and beautiful as well. I look forward to spending more time with you and your sweet family. I just hope the wait isn't too long...

Come on Kim, there must be a couple more pictures in your camera. I'm not ready to say good bye to this report :heart:

Purdy Please!!!

Ya'll know I'm a sucker for someone asking nicely...

How about these? I don't think I posted these photos from DTD in the main body of the TR.

100_1662.jpg

100_1667.jpg