"I like sleeping in the kitchen!"

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm so happy some folks are reading my TR and commenting! Yay! :banana: :banana:

Where did we leave off? Oh yes - off to the Fort for some rest and then out to Epcot, according to The Plan.

We were all pretty pooped and when we woke up from our nap, we weren't terribly motivated to get going.

My girl loves to color:

ca2e795b.jpg

So, we took off later than I thought to get to Epcot. I think we left around 5:30. I was previously thinking it would be around 4-4:40. But, no big.

We decided to try the boat-monorail combo to Epcot. We had never done it, so what they hay! We decided to do the resort boat to CR and monorail from there. I'm not sure if boat to MK makes it quicker? Anyone know?

So, we had to stop here:

SL373385.jpg

I just had to stop and take a pic because I'd seen a few on here! Those of you who've taken pics there before - you know how they have that nice metal camera stand there for you to set your camera? We didn't have to use that - there were other folks there and we all took turns taking each other's pics. However, when we were walking away, DD was not watching where she was going and walked right into it! It nailed her right under the right eye - poor poor baby!!!! I gave her one of the little ice packs out of the lunchbox in the stroller and I think that helped. But, she did look like she'd been hit the rest of the trip. Par for the course, I guess. Last year she fell and busted her mouth at CP chasing Tigger.

We go into CR, find our way up to the monorail. Didn't have to wait long to catch it over to the TTC. Got off to switch there and probably waited at least 20 min for a monorail. That kinda surprised me. By the time we got to Epcot, we figured it took us an hour to get there (we subtracted 10 min for the photo op and injury).

Did not get a pic going in - just a PhotoPass that I haven't bought yet. I am buying a few of those this time, since I didn't do a good job picture taking.

You can open this and get the idea:

EPcot.pdf

I know - it's very "Witness Protection Program" fuzzy - but it's all I've got.

So, here's where The Plan is stalled.

BRB - let me get my thoughts straight and more pics

Okie dokie, so here was the Epcot evening plan:

1. Go to Nemo exhibit

2. Feed DD

3. Find Marie

4. Have a frosty beverage while strolling around WS

Not too much to ask, right? Thought we had a lay-up coming. Not so much.

There was a very special group here tonight. Because of the very special group, the entire Nemo exhibit was closed, along with Innoventions. The Land was very crowded - duh! Nowhere else to go!

There was also a problem with Marie. According to my info sheet I picked up, she had already called it a day. Dang. This is not good. The 2 things DD had been talking about the last hour on the monorail were NOT gonna happen. And she's 3.

Well, you know our rule - just roll with it. New plan:

1. Feed DD

2. Have a frosty beverage while strolling around WS

3. Stay for the fireworks at 9:00 - by this time it was almost 7 anyway.

Went to UK to get DD fish and chips and this nice CM got her to lead a parade:

SL373386.jpg

Yes, it was only her and the other boy. But she was happy! :heart:

She sat and ate while watching the ducks walk around in the grass. She is very "into" animals right now - particularly birds and horses.

On we went through WS, and in America we stopped to give her dessert:

SL373391.jpg

There was a Janet Jackson tribute band playing and she really got into it, dancing around like crazy! It was starting to get dark - and I was trying to get pics, but not turning out real well.

SL373393.jpg

SL373395.jpg

Who is it around here who likes the lightposts/lanterns?

SL373398.jpg

SL373396.jpg

SL373397.jpg

I was trying to get a little more artsy in my picture-taking. By the way, I have like a $50 point & shoot if you wonder why they're never really perfect. But, we're okay with it for now.

I thought this one was funny:

SL373399.jpg

I told DH "You're safe to run in those things at night!" :rofl2: :rofl2: My flash went off.

Sorry - but I have to stop again for a minute - next up - Epcot fireworks. Will Plan #2 be a winner?

Great updates.

Did you ever find out who or what the special group was that caused Innoventions and The Living Seas to be closed?

That really messed up your pretty simple plan.

Boo!

I'm sorry to hear that your DD got herself a boo-boo at the Contemporary. All of our DD's had clumsy phases. They all made it to the ER for stitches, and we had a few black eyes along the way too. It happens.

Looking forward to more of your great photos and report!

And, I'm glad that we get to see your DD's adorable face in this report!

TCD

Alright, so we have done well with #1 and #2. DD fed, check (and Mommy & Daddy snacked on leftovers!). WS beverages, check!

Next up, where will we go for fireworks? It is about 8:40, so we start walking toward the front. We figure we will stand on the walkway between WS and FW. We might not see everything, but we should be able to see enough. We will be at a good escape point. And, with DD's aversion to loud noises lately - my Mommy instinct tells me we won't make it.

We stopped at Mexico to watch the ducks (again) and learned that fireworks were not until 9:30! Because of the special group. Wow - they must be really super-special! We decide to stick it out another 30 min, with the danger of DD getting tired. But, she did great - and we made it!!!

SL373405.jpg

and I was right...

SL373403.jpg

SL373406.jpg

She made it about 5 min and we had to go. Oh well - there will be other times, I'm sure!

SL373408.jpg

We had no problem getting a bus, but sat until it filled up. And you know the bus goes on to WL before us. If you hadn't notice, DH and I hadn't eaten dinner yet. Just the snack of leftover fish-n-chips. We are not big eaters, but that was not going to hold us to the morning.

We are pulling into the WL drive and I see the clock "9:58". Ruh Roh. I knew Trail's End closed at 10. We were in a pickle. What to do? We made a last second decision and got off at WL to see if something was open. Yikes!

Wait - I missed the important part here - you were at the ER? Is everyone okay?

My Mom has been sick & this was the only way to get her checked out (after 5 hours & every test imaginable they said she was ok except perforated eardrum! But she's still dizzy & weak) Thanks for asking :)

Nice update!

You got some great pictures using a $50 P&S camera. Your hubby's sneakers look exceptionally well! ;D

Sorry that "group" messed up your plans, but good for you for just going with the flow. We love to sit and people watch, so many of them are screaming at each other, screaming at the kids and running from place to place. RELAX folks, you're at Disney World! It's a shame.

Can't wait for more!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this report! Your daughter is so dang cute I can't take it! But no Nemo or Marie? That's too bad. :( On the upside a Mickey ice cream bar and leading a parade helps to take the sting out of it. ;)

I am pro-point and shoot. There are some really great ones out there and when I take the time to set it properly for my shot... my photos are as good as any amateur out there. LOL. Another LOL for your hubby's shoes. Oh goodness! :rofl2:

Can't wait to find out if ya'll starved all night or found some place to fill your tanks.

Great updates.

Did you ever find out who or what the special group was that caused Innoventions and The Living Seas to be closed?

That really messed up your pretty simple plan.

Boo!

I'm sorry to hear that your DD got herself a boo-boo at the Contemporary. All of our DD's had clumsy phases. They all made it to the ER for stitches, and we had a few black eyes along the way too. It happens.

Looking forward to more of your great photos and report!

And, I'm glad that we get to see your DD's adorable face in this report!

TCD

Thanks TCD! I asked a CM who was guarding one of those roped off areas before fireworks and all she said was it was "a group of foreign people, I think from Brazil." I dunno - she didn't seem to be that knowledgeable about it. I wish I had asked someone else - my investigative skills were NOT on point! I blame the margarita...

I'm glad to put it out there this year - let's just say I feel much more comfortable over here than elsewhere. Crazy people make me nervous.

I am anti-crazy people. :lol:

My Mom has been sick & this was the only way to get her checked out (after 5 hours & every test imaginable they said she was ok except perforated eardrum! But she's still dizzy & weak) Thanks for asking :)

Well, thank goodness it was only an eardrum! I bet it seemed like maybe a stroke or something! I hope she feels better really soon!

Nice update!

You got some great pictures using a $50 P&S camera. Your hubby's sneakers look exceptionally well! ;D

Sorry that "group" messed up your plans, but good for you for just going with the flow. We love to sit and people watch, so many of them are screaming at each other, screaming at the kids and running from place to place. RELAX folks, you're at Disney World! It's a shame.

Can't wait for more!

I know - I see people all stressed out too. Don't get me wrong - we've had our tense moments - but we try really hard to chill. We did have to be more careful about feeding DD this trip. She won't tell us she's hungry - then all of sudden she starts flippin' out - we call that "hangry" in our house. I get "hangry" sometimes too. :rofl2: So, after the first one of those we tried to make it a point to make her sit down and eat close to her "usual" time.

Sorry your plans got messed up, Beth. I for one love your night time pictures, especially the one of Spaceship Earth with the lake in the foreground. Hooray for DD leading the parade, she is so darn cute :banana:

Thanks Doodle! I liked that picture too - part of me wishes it was more "clear". But, I think the fuzziness is part of what I like. Yeah, she was all over the parade. She told the little boy "Follow me. I know what to do."

:popcorn:

Thanks for reading along!

Loving this report! Can't wait for more! :popcorn:

And, I have to say that this is the cutest picture ever!

Thank you! I like that picture too. It was one of those moments where you take like 7 pictures just to get one good one. And thanks for joining in!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this report! Your daughter is so dang cute I can't take it! But no Nemo or Marie? That's too bad. :( On the upside a Mickey ice cream bar and leading a parade helps to take the sting out of it. ;)

I am pro-point and shoot. There are some really great ones out there and when I take the time to set it properly for my shot... my photos are as good as any amateur out there. LOL. Another LOL for your hubby's shoes. Oh goodness! :rofl2:

Can't wait to find out if ya'll starved all night or found some place to fill your tanks.

We are all about taking the sting out of things! Disney is full of that kind of stuff - so it didn't take long for her to be "Nemo who?"

You will have to wait a little longer to find out how we did on the food - I have some Calculus to do right now. I'm working on my masters and am trying to squeeze this report in here and there. I am totally getting behind on reading other reports, though.

Loving the TR! You DD is so photogenic! For the record my DH is in the anti- shaving- on -vacay club. There should be a name, the ASOVC. I also take makeup but elect not to wear it because of the heat. But, for the record I am not anti-makeup. I am pro bun and visor. I think KFK will back me up on that one. You pics are great and now you have a recorded memory of your trip for years to come!

Loving this trip report - you guys seem to know how to make lemonade out of lemons and let your little one set the pace. It's been a while since we went to the parks with little ones, but I remember how different the days go, especially toward the end of the trip. But there is nothing more stressful than watching some folks push the kids past their breaking point and just keep marching along singing the "Do you realize how much this vacation is costing me?" mantra. Wonder how that works for them? Heck, we usually head back for rests because I get cranky and need my nap!

Good luck on your masters - that was one thing I hoped to do and never managed. Funny how life is what happens to you as you plan for the future. Calculus was always a challenge for me. I would get excellent scores in all other areas of math and then hit a brick wall when it came to calculus; and I had a really good teacher for it in high school. I struggled on for two semesters of it pursuing an engineering degree. Walked into my mid term for Calc III with a hangover and a withdrawal slip - transferred into the science department the next day and never looked back. I have often wondered if I could focus enough on calculus now to understand it? It's not the kind of course that a 20 year old guy like me could put the effort into at the time; maybe with some of that patience hammered into my head over the past few years I could do it. Anyway, enough about me and on to the more important things like a trip report and another cup of coffee!

What a great report so far! I don't think you have to worry about being 'too wordy'. Personally, I LOVE reading lengthy, wordy, full of details AND pictures reports. :dance: My DD has issues with loud sounds too. Maybe you could try some earplugs next time you go if the loud sounds still bother your little sweetie. She sure is a cutie!

I love "hangry" :rofl2: I've been known to get the way sometimes too, I just never knew what to call it!

Working on your masters? Wow, good for you!

Yes, I have been wanting to do it for a long time - we have just now gotten to the place that I can do it. It's a lot of work, but I'm really enjoying it. I'm doing it in Mathematics Education. My BSE was in Elem Ed with a minor in Math, so I have enough math hours already that I'm certified K-12. This is just icing on the cake, so to speak. And a raise. :banana:

Loving the TR! You DD is so photogenic! For the record my DH is in the anti- shaving- on -vacay club. There should be a name, the ASOVC. I also take makeup but elect not to wear it because of the heat. But, for the record I am not anti-makeup. I am pro bun and visor. I think KFK will back me up on that one. You pics are great and now you have a recorded memory of your trip for years to come!

Thanks! I'm glad you're joining in! I like the name - ASOVC. I be most men would be members. I am not anti-makeup either, but I sure enjoy when I don't need it! I'm not sure I would know what to do at Disney when it's cooler and it might take me more than 5 min to get ready in the morning! :rofl2:

Loving this trip report - you guys seem to know how to make lemonade out of lemons and let your little one set the pace. It's been a while since we went to the parks with little ones, but I remember how different the days go, especially toward the end of the trip. But there is nothing more stressful than watching some folks push the kids past their breaking point and just keep marching along singing the "Do you realize how much this vacation is costing me?" mantra. Wonder how that works for them? Heck, we usually head back for rests because I get cranky and need my nap!

Good luck on your masters - that was one thing I hoped to do and never managed. Funny how life is what happens to you as you plan for the future. Calculus was always a challenge for me. I would get excellent scores in all other areas of math and then hit a brick wall when it came to calculus; and I had a really good teacher for it in high school. I struggled on for two semesters of it pursuing an engineering degree. Walked into my mid term for Calc III with a hangover and a withdrawal slip - transferred into the science department the next day and never looked back. I have often wondered if I could focus enough on calculus now to understand it? It's not the kind of course that a 20 year old guy like me could put the effort into at the time; maybe with some of that patience hammered into my head over the past few years I could do it. Anyway, enough about me and on to the more important things like a trip report and another cup of coffee!

Thanks for reading along! I see how people can get frustrated about the cost - but I'm definitely more a lemonade person. My attitude is "I didn't spend all this money to be miserable!" I'm with you on the naps - I don't know how we used to do vacations with no naps pre-DD!

It is funny you say that about Calculus - I found it the opposite! I felt like "finally - all these disjointed math classes are all coming together!". But, I am sooooooo NOT a science person either! You know how they lump people and say "Oh, you're good at math so you must be good at science." Yeah, not so much with me. Yech. SO, I'm glad there are people like you to take up my slack in science!

What a great report so far! I don't think you have to worry about being 'too wordy'. Personally, I LOVE reading lengthy, wordy, full of details AND pictures reports. :dance: My DD has issues with loud sounds too. Maybe you could try some earplugs next time you go if the loud sounds still bother your little sweetie. She sure is a cutie!

Well if you like lengthy and wordy, you are in the right place! :rofl2: Thanks for joining in!!!

Okay, where are we?

Oh yes, DH and I get off the bus at WL in hopes of scoring some food! We are relatively anxious about it. Granted, we have food at the camper. But a dinner of cookies, chips, and yogurt is not appetizing. A bowl of cereal maybe? We certainly won’t starve, but would love to have something with a little more substance.

We enter the WL and look to our left and there is the Whispering Canyon restaurant. My memory tells me this is a TS place, and we see people at tables to maybe we’ll get lucky. DH goes to the hostess and, unfortunately, she tells them they closed at 10:00. It is 10:05. Dang.

But, right about then some pixie dust came sprinkling down our way…

Nearby, talking to a server, was a chef. DH says he thinks it was the head chef. Either way, he comes over and asks what we wanted. DH told him that we were hoping to get something to take out – maybe a burger or a salad. The chef said he would get us whatever we wanted. How nice! But, we knew the kitchen was closed and (as a former server and also line cook) there was no way I wanted to have them mess anything up for us. DH said, “Anything you have would be great. A salad or a cheeseburger or whatever is easy and won’t mess up your work.”

The chef laughed (very friendly) and said, “Really? That’s all?” We told him we appreciated him offering.

So, the chef leaves and DH and DD enjoy some Lincoln log building.

SL373410.jpg

I took the opportunity to get some shots around the lobby. It was really beautiful!

The atmosphere was really relaxing and homey.

SL373414.jpg

SL373415.jpg

We got into looking at all the pressed penny machines this year.

SL373412.jpg

Before you know it, the chef comes out with a big paper grocery sack FULL of Styrofoam containers. We were speechless. DH went over to the hostess to pay and she said, “No thanks. We’re already closed” DH did some “But, you have to let me pay for dinner!” but they would not have it. Can you believe that?

We get back to the camper and it is: 3 huge cheeseburgers, a container of fruit, a piece of chocolate cake, and a piece of cheesecake. I fully regret there are not pictures of this. I can’t believe it.

So we feasted, and didn’t even finish half of it. Thanks goodness we had a fridge to save it in!

Next up: Day 2

The Plan: Fort Wilderness Day

We get up the next morning and enjoy some leisurely coffee and breakfast in the RV. After a bit, we get itchy to go “play” so we get on the golf cart and do some looping. We make it down to the Settlement, and I’ll be quiet while you look at the pics:

SL373419.jpg

SL373422.jpg

SL373423.jpg

Can someone explain this to me? We thought it was a really strange place for a hoop.

SL373418.jpg

Now, DD is currently really into horses and birds. She always talks about riding a horse. Well, here is her chance!

SL373426.jpg

SL373424.jpg

This is Tonka. He must know we are laid back – he stopped for a nice long drink. Finally, DD said “Okay Tonga, that’s enough!” and he listened! Hilarious! He picked up his head and moved along.

SL373427.jpg

SL373429.jpg

SL373433.jpg

After that, DD says “Daddy, can we ride another one? Pleeeeeeeease?” Well, we all know the answer to that question. Another $5 comes out of his pocket and she requests a white one this time. “Like Sleeping Beauty’s horse.” And so she rides Chip.

SL373439.jpg

Chip stops for a snack. DD again orders him into motion. He wasn’t a good listener though. DH had to give a little tug.

SL373441.jpg

More pics of the farm:

SL373435.jpg

SL373436.jpg

I'm not sure about my picture count here - so let me stop and finish on the next post.

Then, we decide to go to CR for lunch.

Boat ride pics (I won't pretend I know what all this is. Please chime in if you know!)

This is part of River Country?

SL373445.jpg

SL373447.jpg

SL373450.jpg

I couldn't figure out what this was - it looks like it might be one of the old cabins I hear about?

SL373452.jpg

DD is pro-Disney transportation - we all are!

SL373453.jpg

We both had salads and DD had chicken nuggets. No food prawn yet – sorry – I did remember later in the trip. The salads were great!

My only advice would be to request an extra empty bowl. The bowl was SO full of salad and goodies that I had a hard time mixing it all together. I wished I had asked for another bowl to put on top and then I could have shaken it up really well. But, I liked it. This is a good CS option if you are tired of burgers and chicken strips.

DD also enjoyed the monorail coming through. Every single time she would say “Look, Mommy, a train! Hi everybody!” and she would wave. Every… single… time. She was having a ball!

After that, back to the RV for a nap. You know, cause we’ve had such a busy morning.

Okay, so you’re all wondering about the kitchen thing.

Well, in the RV there is a bed in the far back toyhauler area. DD did not like the idea of being that far away from us in the other end on the queen bed. So, she slept on the couch.

Here is her setup:

SL373584.jpg

That is only a fraction of what she has at home. She loves her babies!

If you sit on the couch, this is what you see across the camper:

SL373585.jpg

After a couple of nights, DD says “Mommy, I like sleeping in the kitchen!”

Ta-da. From the mouths of babes.

More updates to come tomorrow.

You know, if you follow enough message boards about Disney, you hear alot of negative things about un-caring or rude cast members... I'm sure this day in time with the "it's all about me" society", I'm sure some of it is true. However, when you hear things about what the Chef did at the lodge, and the other cast members not taking any money for it, it just wipes out all of that negative stuff in one quick swoop!

So glad to hear about the treat from the chef at the Wilderness Lodge - seems like some folks really know how to spread some kindness. I still remember getting to the food court area too early one morning at Pop Century (like TCD, I am a morning person and usually go for a stroll while everyone else sleeps). Well, I walked up and tried the door which was locked. One of the CM's who was busy setting up the area came over and opened the door for me and pointed to a coffee machine that was already warmed up and ready to go. Made my day.