It's Snarky Time, Dumb Posts From Other Boards

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if the doors at Pop are magnetic? I think that they are but I just want to be sure.

I have no clue why they are asking and why do they want to be sure?

Maybe this person has a metal plate covering the hole in their head where their brain use to be and doesn't want to get drawn into the door as they walk by.

Or maybe they travel with a lot of refrigerator magnets and want to be sure they can use them.

I hope you don't think that this is a stupid or silly question to ask, but do the resorts still have the motion sensors hooked up to the air conditioners in the rooms? Should I get a balloon so that the motion sensor doesn't turn down the AC because there is no motion in the room.

Too late, I do think it's a stupid & silly question.

This person is saying that while people sleep, the motion sensor, not detecting any motion in the room, turns down the AC.

Do rooms at WDW really have motion sensors connected to the AC?

Are they saying that the balloon moves around the room and fools the motion sensor into thinking that someone is there?

I'd like to know if this is true.

Rooms seem to have only 7 hangers in the closet. Should I bring some? I really need to know so I can pack some.

No, they have eight, is that better?

Of all the things I have to do when preparing for a trip, this has not crossed my mind. And if I need hangers, I'm sure the hotel can get me some.

Which hotels have the best selection of Music TV channels?

I can see asking this question if you're camping at the Fort, but in a hotel room?

How much time do you spend doing nothing in a hotel room while at WDW?

On our last stay at the Poly, we noticed that the beach was extremely crowded in the evening. We noticed large numbers of people leaving immediately after the fireworks and heading for the Monorail or to the boats.

This person was upset that non Poly guests were taking up space on their beach.

At least all those people didn't go in your pool.

I wonder if they saw any of the Fiends there?

These just keep getting better and better!

Rooms seem to have only 7 hangers in the closet. Should I bring some? I really need to know so I can pack some.

Seems like the answer is a simple one.

Are you packing more than 7 things to hang up?

You are? Then yes, you'll probably need more hangers. Ask the front desk, maybe they can steal some from the room next to yours while your neighbors are out.

That's if they can sneak past the balloon keeping the AC on.

stupid.gif

This person was upset that non Poly guests were taking up space on their beach.

At least all those people didn't go in your pool.

I wonder if they saw any of the Fiends there?

If they saw a woman carrying a pretty damned impressive Dole Whip, then yes... yes they did.

5225482740_fc768031d1.jpg

Does anyone know if the doors at Pop are magnetic? I think that they are but I just want to be sure.

This is Pop (some people call it soda or cola or ...). The doors are carbonated so the POP open with a fizz ...

I hope you don't think that this is a stupid or silly question to ask, but do the resorts still have the motion sensors hooked up to the air conditioners in the rooms? Should I get a balloon so that the motion sensor doesn't turn down the AC because there is no motion in the room.

Any question starting with "I hope you don't think this question is ...", IS!

Yes, you seem to have a hanger fetish, so you better bring a suitcase full.

Which hotels have the best selection of Music TV channels?

It's Disney Cable. All the Cable has the same shows - most of them reruns from the last century.

On our last stay at the Poly, we noticed that the beach was extremely crowded in the evening. We noticed large numbers of people leaving immediately after the fireworks and heading for the Monorail or to the boats.

Since that was a statement, I would follow-up with, "So?"

Actually, when Pop first opened, the room sensors there were a big deal and yes, folks were coming back from the parks to warm rooms and waking up in the morning to warm rooms. I think however, there was a bypass to the sensors posted, and every room in POP has probably had this bypass entered now.

Now, for the baloon????

While watching a video of the Kidani Village pool area, I couldn't help but notice how many cracks there seemed to be in the concrete around the pool. This is not something I was expecting to see.

Duh, just like everything at AK & AKL/KV, everything is is designed to look old and weathered.

I guess the entire continent of Africa looks like crap.

Those cracks are fake. It's part of the design.

With the addition of the Paddock themed pool, is the bar at Grandstand still open? Want to make sure this will still work for us for our upcoming trip.

This guy has his priorities straight. If I'm forced to go to WDW, make sure the bar is open.

I don't like to pack my blow dryer when I travel, is there a good one in the rooms?

No, there is a bad one.

I think our toddler would really enjoy the rustic rooms at the Wilderness Lodge, but I think I'd prefer a more upscale room. Should I consider the Boardwalk instead?

How does one know that their toddler would enjoy the rustic rooms at the WL?

Lady, you're paying the bills, what does it matter what you think your brat thinks?

We'll have quite a bit of time between checkout and when our flight leaves. We are staying at the YC, will we still be able to use the YC resort pool after we checkout?

No, you'll have to go to Fort Wilderness and use their pool. The people staying there love that.

While watching a video of the Kidani Village pool area, I couldn't help but notice how many cracks there seemed to be in the concrete around the pool. This is not something I was expecting to see.

The cracks are being caused by all the earthquakes and volcanoes. The World ends in 2012 - this is just the start.

With the addition of the Paddock themed pool, is the bar at Grandstand still open? Want to make sure this will still work for us for our upcoming trip.

This guy has his priorities straight. If I'm forced to go to WDW, make sure the bar is open.

WDW is going totally "dry", so all the bars are closing - you better BYOB.

I don't like to pack my blow dryer when I travel, is there a good one in the rooms?

People drop them in the tub and fry themselves all the time, so they must be pretty good.

I think our toddler would really enjoy the rustic rooms at the Wilderness Lodge, but I think I'd prefer a more upscale room. Should I consider the Boardwalk instead?

Boardwalk is turn of the century - it you want upscale, plan on the Grand Floridian

We'll have quite a bit of time between checkout and when our flight leaves. We are staying at the YC, will we still be able to use the YC resort pool after we checkout?

No, you'll have to go to Fort Wilderness and use their pool. The people staying there love that.

The people staying there also like to see security throw your bums out. YMMV

I LOVE this thread! :rofl2: Keep 'em coming!

This is why I could never have a job dealing with the public. I especially could not drive a bus at Disney. I'd end up on the news...

MountainMama Bus Driver shows ass pumpkin_showing_ass.jpg News at 11. :rofl2:

I especially could not drive a bus at Disney. I'd end up on the news...

I hear that often, how it must be a pain dealing with all those unhappy people. It's nothing like what you imagine it to be. It's a very uneventful and enjoyable job.

I estimate that I transport about 65,000 people a year. Out of that number, I might get 2, yes only 2, disgruntled people that take it out on me. And even those 2 people know that it's not my fault that they have to wait for a bus. If you think about your bus riding experiences, how many of the people that were angry for whatever reason, took it out on the bus driver?

So however bad you might think it is, it's not. If it were, believe me, I wouldn't be doing it.

Another fun read is stupidguesttricks.com

Thanks Carol. I checked the site out just to see if they were out-Snarking me. I think I'm doing ok.

Lou, I haven't laughed this hard in ages. Thank you. For this thread and transporting idiots and not running them over as they cross in front of the bus.

You're welcome, but I'm just the messenger. I swear that I didn't make up any of those stories.

I wish we could get some stupid posts on FF.Net so that I didn't have to go elsewhere to find them, but that hasn't been the case....so far.

Proverbial Stupid Post ...

(1) Why can't the buses drop us off and pick us up close to the entrances to the parks? I have to walk far enough without having to walk from and to the bus stops too.

(2) Why do they have to load scooters on the regular buses - they take up too much room from other passengers. Disney should have Handicap Buses that are on call for "people like that".

Yes, I HAVE heard both of those :(

Why can't the buses drop us off and pick us up close to the entrances to the parks? I have to walk far enough without having to walk from and to the bus stops too.

Disney Imagineeringless is working on a teleporter as we speak?

Proverbial Stupid Post ...

Why do they have to load scooters on the regular buses - they take up too much room from other passengers. Disney should have Handicap Buses that are on call for "people like that".

That pesky ADA thing keeps getting in the way of progress.

We stayed at All Stars, the towels were too thin and the toilet paper was like tissue paper, but the buses were fine.

Is that why it's called toilet tissue?

Sounds like the towels were thin enough to be used as TP.

Is there some connection between TP & the buses?

Disney has released a special dining plan for Canadian guests only.

Ya, it's food with even less taste than the WDW American dining plan.

Disney has the "Hopper" add-on for park tickets, they should also have a "Pool Hopper" for resorts which would give pool hopping privileges to all resort pools. They could make a lot of money.

I wonder if Disney Marketing knows this guy is out there?

I think that the "Por favor, mantenganse allejado de las puertas" announcement on the monorails is magical. Has anyone noticed the special smell in the monorails? It's very noticeable and it really makes me feel like I'm at WDW. Where does the scent come from?

My response to that phrase is "English Only".

As for the smell, it's called "essence of horse" and it does make me feel like I'm at WDW, at WDW stables that is.

I'm a germaphobe, so I show my ID instead of getting my finger scanned. I've stood in line with lots of people who had their finger up their nose before having their finger scanned. We've never gotten sick at WDW since everyone in my family started showing photo IDs rather than doing the finger scan.

Oh, that's Disney's Finger In Nose Coaster. It requires riders to have their finger up their noses while riding?

So this person is saying just because they didn't have their fingers scanned they didn't get sick. What about everything else they touched during the day?

I'm in an enclosed metal tube with as many as 75 of my best friends which change every 20 minutes, 4 days a week, for over 3 years and I never get sick.

But maybe this person is right because I never have my finger scanned either.

My wife and I are having a nice romantic dinner at a WDW restaurant and I would like some ideas of where to go for some entertainment afterwards? I'm thinking that we go to the ESPN Club and catch a baseball game.

Opinions and other suggestions please.

Nothing says romance like a baseball game at a sports bar.

And we wonder why the divorce rate is so high. I don't understand why he just doesn't take her there for dinner and stay for the game. I mean, how much worse can it get for him?

I've been to WDW many, many, times and have tried to find a pair of Goofy stud earrings with no luck. Has anyone found them elsewhere?

Could it be that most girls, I'm assuming this person is girl, don't want a buck tooth, long nosed, ugly dog, sticking out of their ears.

I bet she has a Tat.

I've been to WDW many, many, times and have tried to find a pair of Goofy stud earrings with no luck. Has anyone found them elsewhere?

Could it be that most girls, I'm assuming this person is girl, don't want a buck tooth, long nosed, ugly dog, sticking out of their ears.

I bet she has a Tat.

I guess I never thought of Goofy as a Stud :rofl2:

I'm a germaphobe, so I show my ID instead of getting my finger scanned. I've stood in line with lots of people who had their finger up their nose before having their finger scanned. We've never gotten sick at WDW since everyone in my family started showing photo IDs rather than doing the finger scan.

Oh, that's Disney's Finger In Nose Coaster. It requires riders to have their finger up their noses while riding?

So this person is saying just because they didn't have their fingers scanned they didn't get sick. What about everything else they touched during the day?

I'm in an enclosed metal tube with as many as 75 of my best friends which change every 20 minutes, 4 days a week, for over 3 years and I never get sick.

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

The real question is, did you have your finger in your nose just before you didn't scan it?

The real question is, did you have your finger in your nose just before you didn't scan it?

No, because you only put it in your nose if you're getting it scanned.

Next time I'm standing in line to get into a park, I'm counting how many people in front of me have their finger up their nose.

We stayed at All Stars, the towels were too thin and the toilet paper was like tissue paper, but the buses were fine.

Is that why it's called toilet tissue?

Sounds like the towels were thin enough to be used as TP.

Is there some connection between TP & the buses?

Maybe the connection is the toilet and the buses - that's why the exhaust smells like ... :rofl2:

I think that the "Por favor, mantenganse allejado de las puertas" announcement on the monorails is magical. Has anyone noticed the special smell in the monorails? It's very noticeable and it really makes me feel like I'm at WDW. Where does the scent come from?

My response to that phrase is "English Only".

As for the smell, it's called "essence of horse" and it does make me feel like I'm at WDW, at WDW stables that is.

The smell is bad breath, farts, baby diapers and other appealing scents. They are going to sell it at Plume et Palette in France in EPCOT

Lou definitely got up on the snarky side of the bed this morning - these are great!!

Best. One. Evah.

I'm totally sticking my finger in my nose the next time I'm in line just to see how many people behind me whip out an ID at the scanners.