It's Snarky Time, Dumb Posts From Other Boards

Lou definitely got up on the snarky side of the bed this morning - these are great!!

Best. One. Evah.

I'm totally sticking my finger in my nose the next time I'm in line just to see how many people behind me whip out an ID at the scanners.

Can I scratch my butt and "adjust myself" instead to see what happens behind me?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I scratch my butt and "adjust myself" instead to see what happens behind me?

The biker chick in line behind you might just volunteer to do it for you.

I hear that often, how it must be a pain dealing with all those unhappy people. It's nothing like what you imagine it to be. It's a very uneventful and enjoyable job.

I estimate that I transport about 65,000 people a year. Out of that number, I might get 2, yes only 2, disgruntled people that take it out on me. And even those 2 people know that it's not my fault that they have to wait for a bus. If you think about your bus riding experiences, how many of the people that were angry for whatever reason, took it out on the bus driver?

So however bad you might think it is, it's not. If it were, believe me, I wouldn't be doing it.

I think you guys do a terrific job, and keep smiling to boot> Hat's off to ya !

I'm a germaphobe, so I show my ID instead of getting my finger scanned. I've stood in line with lots of people who had their finger up their nose before having their finger scanned. We've never gotten sick at WDW since everyone in my family started showing photo IDs rather than doing the finger scan.

Oh, that's Disney's Finger In Nose Coaster. It requires riders to have their finger up their noses while riding?

So this person is saying just because they didn't have their fingers scanned they didn't get sick. What about everything else they touched during the day?

I'm in an enclosed metal tube with as many as 75 of my best friends which change every 20 minutes, 4 days a week, for over 3 years and I never get sick.

But maybe this person is right because I never have my finger scanned either.

I work with a germaphobe. It is fun to think of ways to make her unknowingly touch germy things when she pisses me off... Muaahhaaaahaaaahaaa!!! :rofl2:

• 2 weeks later...

The buses were ok too but the amount of transfers to get places was a little much and the pick ups at other resorts slowed us down too. If we didn't give ourselves 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get to another resort for dining reservations, we wouldn't have made it. Example: it took us over an hour to get to the Beach Club for dinner, the route we took was bus to Magic Kingdom then waited a long time for bus to Beach Club which then stopped at Yacht Club first.

Here we go again, Disney does not provide direct resort to resort buses. You're on your own if you do decide to use the buses to do this. If you do, and if it does take only 90 minutes, consider yourself lucky because that's normal, so no complaining.

You're spending all that money on a WDW vacation, come on, spring for cab.

I noticed that the dog dish in the 1940's scene said "Tower" In the next scene, the dish says "Rover", which is what he is called.

Any idea who its named after or why it says "TOWER?"

Really, this person really thinks that this post is worth reading? Does anyone care?

Get your watch and time how long it takes to get the answer.

Please post time

What is (104)2 that is 104 squared.

WTF, what is this all about?

Kinda scary. This was in a camping forum.

I just opened a thread on the Camping at Disney Board, not the Community Board.

If interested swing over to the other Board. The TITLE is:

"Hi, We are at the FORT HOOOOOOOOOOORAY !"

I am a nitwit, I am a nitwit, I am a nitwit----

This guy is at the Fort right now. I think we need some Fiend intervention here.

I would change his last sentence to, "I am a nitwit, I am a nitwit, I am a nitwit for being on DisBoards camping forum."

A poster asked can they have breakfast at a monorail resort and leave their car there while they go to MK.

If you're a Harry Potter fan, read the following response as if it were a Howler.

No, absolutely not... you can park 3 hours max for a dining res.

The deluxe resorts all have signs telling you that they can NOT provide theme park parking.

Their lots are for guests who are staying or dining there.

TTC is so close, why would you even bother to break the rules and risk being towed, yes, it happens.

I can't tell you how many times I've read responses like this by self appointed Disney PoPo.

They sound so angry that anyone would even think about doing this.

And yes, the resorts don't want non-guests parking at the resorts, but they don't enforce it except during certain holiday periods.

CMs, AP holders, & locals, are most likely to do this on a regular basis

The angry poster is probably someone that thinks that because they've been to WDW a dozen times, it makes them experts on all things Disney.

They wrote that Disney will tow a car if it's there more than 3 hours. In 15 years at WDW and in over 3 years of driving around, through, and in, all of the resort parking lots on a daily basis, I have never seen a tow truck in the process of towing a 3 hour violator. I asked a security friend of mine about towing and he said they only do it in extreme cases, but that's it.

What is it about this issue that gets some people so riled up?

I'm late to this party but boy is it a good one! Thanks Lou. I will never ask a WDW bus driver a question without really thinking about how i word it. Unless it' you then I might ask something really stupid just to see if I can make you laugh!

Loving this thread and hoping none of my for real questions ever make it to the forum. Oh but you've given me an idea. How many questions can I come up with to grill Lou with when we meet? Have your questions ready for the GG, have you heard this one yet.....? LOL

Loving this thread and hoping none of my for real questions ever make it to the forum. Oh but you've given me an idea. How many questions can I come up with to grill Lou with when we meet? Have your questions ready for the GG, have you heard this one yet.....? LOL

Remember - You have to post you "Let's Have a Lou Roast" questions here, too ... :rofl2: I will Have my HD video camera ready at the GG for the Lou Roast >:D >:D

Lou Roast Question = LRQ#1 Do I really have to take the baby out before I fold up the stroller?

As is the case with those little blurbs that I put in my sig, the saying has been exaggerated, shortened, or taken out of context.

Some people don't want to, or don't know that strollers must be folded before boarding the bus. When I see that's the case, I'll say, please remove the child before folding the stroller.

It's a roundabout way of asking them to fold the stroller. Usually, if they understand English that is, they get it and smile. If they don't, forget it.

And no, I have not seen anyone fold a stroller with a child in it....yet.

A poster asked can they have breakfast at a monorail resort and leave their car there while they go to MK.

If you're a Harry Potter fan, read the following response as if it were a Howler.

No, absolutely not... you can park 3 hours max for a dining res.

The deluxe resorts all have signs telling you that they can NOT provide theme park parking.

Their lots are for guests who are staying or dining there.

TTC is so close, why would you even bother to break the rules and risk being towed, yes, it happens.

I can't tell you how many times I've read responses like this by self appointed Disney PoPo.

They sound so angry that anyone would even think about doing this.

And yes, the resorts don't want non-guests parking at the resorts, but they don't enforce it except during certain holiday periods.

CMs, AP holders, & locals, are most likely to do this on a regular basis

The angry poster is probably someone that thinks that because they've been to WDW a dozen times, it makes them experts on all things Disney.

They wrote that Disney will tow a car if it's there more than 3 hours. In 15 years at WDW and in over 3 years of driving around, through, and in, all of the resort parking lots on a daily basis, I have never seen a tow truck in the process of towing a 3 hour violator. I asked a security friend of mine about towing and he said they only do it in extreme cases, but that's it.

What is it about this issue that gets some people so riled up?

This is why I can't stand that other board. So many people are so angry, high and mighty, know it all, goody two shoes, Disney butt kissers. You wonder if they are like that in all areas of their life. Sheesh!

So many people are so angry, high and mighty, know it all, goody two shoes, Disney butt kissers.

ahh, you've met the mug-police too... :rofl2:

I used to be certain they'd never be so rude in person as they were online b/c they'd have to look the other person in the eye while doing it. I was wrong. Some people truly are as obnoxious in real life as they seem.

I always feel for their kids who have to watch and may not be old/mature enough to know better or are embarassed b/c they do but are powerless to change it...

As is the case with those little blurbs that I put in my sig, the saying has been exaggerated, shortened, or taken out of context.

Some people don't want to, or don't know that strollers must be folded before boarding the bus. When I see that's the case, I'll say, please remove the child before folding the stroller.

It's a roundabout way of asking them to fold the stroller. Usually, if they understand English that is, they get it and smile. If they don't, forget it.

And no, I have not seen anyone fold a stroller with a child in it....yet.

there is a first time for everything... you know!

The person that posted this was extremely angry that they were late for the rope drop. They didn’t miss it, so I’m assuming that a bus did come in time.

This happened to us while we were waiting for a bus to Epcot. We got to the bus stop before 7am. 2 MK buses, 2 AK buses, 2 DHS buses, stopped but none to Epcot

Most buses didn’t even pick up anyone and only one driver offered to call to inquire when the next Epcot bus would arrive. Not one single driver offered to call the bus dispatcher and see if they could take us to Epcot instead.

OK, here we go again. If you make a conscious decision not to rent a car and decide to use the buses instead, you’re not entitled to complain when they don’t run to your liking because they won’t. Stuff happens and I guarantee that it will happen to you at some point. It’s always been that way and it will remain that way. It’s not going to change because you complain to some nobody. It’s Disney, but it’s also, next available, on demand, mass transit. If it’s not for you, don’t ride the buses.

My response to why didn’t any drivers offer to change their route is, because it's a really stupid request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you say to someone who has negative things to say about WDW? We are leaving for WDW in 4 days and was very excited about going again, but after hearing someone talk negatively about it, it really got me down and I'm not excited anymore. They think it’s just a theme park with rides and Mickey Mouse. How do I deal with these people? How can I get my spirits up again?

Uh, I hate to tell you, but it is a theme park with rides and Mickey Mouse.

So all it took to change this person’s feelings about WDW was hearing someone say negative things about it. Can we say, shallow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got back from WDW, any questions?

This is another thread you see posted quite often. I didn’t bother to post all of it, but this person goes on to give the impression that they have insight and answers to all things WDW because they’ve been there.

Most veteran CMs have been to WDW thousands of times and look at how much misinformation you get from them. But they do have what I believe to be the ultimate WDW resource which allows them to research most questions. And if it can’t be found there, simply ask the starter of this thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I know this is going to make a lot of ladies swoon, ha-ha.

I’ve decided I’m going to "pop the questions" at WDW.

Anyone ever do this and do any of you have any ideas on where to do it?

Is that right ladies, you swoon at being proposed to at an amusement park that has a cartoon rodent as a mascot?

I wouldn’t admit to doing it even if I did.

Once again it just goes to show you how little I know about women. I guess I did it all wrong. Oh well, next time I’ll get it right.

Pop the questions, did he say questions, as in more than one? I popped only one question. Someone tell me what the others are.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why no boat service to and from Contemporary to MK, and I don’t want to hear that I can walk it after I’ve been walking all day in the park.

Also now the Monorail service ends one hour after MK closes and I hate the buses.

I'm a deluxe resort guest, TREAT me like one.

This person would rather stand in line for 30 minutes waiting for a boat, plus 15 minutes that it would take to get to the resorts, instead of a 7 minute walk to the Contemporary just because they are a deluxe resort guest and shouldn’t have to walk.

Could it be that being able to walk it is why there isn’t a boat?

As far as not having Monorail service and hating the buses, that just leaves you one option, yup, walking.

But you refuse to do it so now what?

As they said, they are a deluxe resort guest and want to be treated as such.

It just goes to show you that money can't buy you happiness at WDW

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll be staying at a PORS in Feb, just wanted to get an idea of how bad the buses were.

Our last two trips have been to Pop and ASM, and I felt like the lines were always huge, and buses always packed.

Lines & crowded buses at the values, I'm shocked, Geez, that never happens.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll be taking our DD for her first trip (18 months) and that is one of the major reasons we paid for a moderate. But something keeps telling me I should upgrade up to a deluxe.

I’m sure your rug rat will really enjoy all of the amenities that a deluxe has to offer.

Eighteen months old, give me a break. What are you thinking?

Kids are brain dead until at least 3 and some are until they’re out of their teens.

I’ll never understand why parents take children under 4 to WDW.

Read my lips, they can’t do that much and they won’t remember any of it.

Oh, I forgot, your kids are biological wonders and will remember every minute.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you’re not someone that goes to DTD, then it's not an issue, however, we are in our 20's and enjoy heading there in the evening.

Is this person saying that anyone not in their 20s will not enjoy DTD?

Surprise, the clubs at PI are closed and you’re going to see a lot of geezers at DTD.

Yup, people in their 40s & 50s.

You may even get on a bus that has a driver that is in his mid 60s.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I noticed that some rides seemed to go a lot faster in June than they did in November. Perhaps the rides go faster when the parks are busier. Has anyone noticed this or am I nuts?

This is inside info so let's keep it between you and me. All WDW rides have 3 settings, low crowds speed, medium crowds speed, & are you out of your mind coming here now speed?

And to answer the poster’s question, yes, you are nuts.

Ooh! Ooh! I've got one I couldn't resist sharing. This was advice given to someone who wants to go from the Fort to the Swan "the long way" - i.e., without driving or taking a bus.

First bit of advice was boat to Contemp, monorail to TTC, monorail to Epcot, walk through to Int'l Gate to Swan.

This was the reply to that post...

I'd take boat to MK-then walk to TTC

If you take the boat to Contemp-you need to ride that Monorail-then get off and get on the Epcot Monorail

Um... this person must truly believe in the Disney magic, because unless they can walk on water or want to take the reeeeeeeeally long way, last I checked you cannot WALK to the TTC from either MK or Contemp.

homer-doh.jpg

On our last trip a lady got irate because there wasn't a bus to EPCOT so I politely asked one of the bus drivers about it. According to the very nice/patient lady driver, if the park opens later than the others, they don't send buses for it until near opening time. Imagine that. Why I do believe it makes sense..... :rofl2: Did I mention she was really irate?

We agree about taking youngsters to WDW but for a more selfish reason. If the kids can't ride then one of the parents can't ride... that's no fun for the parent left waiting for an hour for the other one to ride..

Um... this person must truly believe in the Disney magic, because unless they can walk on water or want to take the reeeeeeeeally long way, last I checked you cannot WALK to the TTC from either MK or Contemp.

I guess if those dummy marathoners can do it, hey why not run instead?

It's about a mile, but watch out for those big white things that say Disney on the sides filled with people.

On our last trip a lady got irate

Did I mention she was really irate?

So you're saying she was irate.

If the kids can't ride then one of the parents can't ride... that's no fun for the parent left waiting for an hour for the other one to ride..

Very good point.