Has anyone actually purchased the Sun Pass mini for annual trips to Fort?

From reading their site, it appears there is a small discount for using it. However, the most attractive part for me seems to be the elimination of stopping at the toll booths and paying cash. Definitely make pulling my TT just a tad better.

Am I overstating the "convenience factor" improvement?

Is there a way to use the Sun Pass Mini, and not have to stick it on the window. Not sure i want that thing on my windshield the other 11 months of the year to remind me constantly that I'm not at Disney.

Has anyone actually purchased the Sun Pass mini for annual trips to Fort?

From reading their site, it appears there is a small discount for using it. However, the most attractive part for me seems to be the elimination of stopping at the toll booths and paying cash. Definitely make pulling my TT just a tad better.

Am I overstating the "convenience factor" improvement?

Is there a way to use the Sun Pass Mini, and not have to stick it on the window. Not sure i want that thing on my windshield the other 11 months of the year to remind me constantly that I'm not at Disney.

We bought the mini. Love it!!! Unfortunately, it must be stuck to the window in order for the transponders to read it!!

No you are NOT overstating the convenience factor!!

There have been times when we've passed the cash lanes and they were 20 cars deep and we wizzed on by!!

Not quite the same thing, but we have EZ Pass here in NH, which is good all the way down 95 and now up to ME too.

Some states give discounts, but we got it pretty much just for the convenience factor - especially in the states with high speed/express lanes where you just drive right through and don't slow down.

We have the regular one in the MH and it works great even with the toad. I also have one for the Illinois toll roads and it works in IL, IN, OH, NY, WV and a several other East coast states. Once you set up your account it adds funds at the the amount you determine when you reach a set low threshold. We love them. :banana:

I have a mini, its been on my windshield for 5 yrs or so and I don't even notice it. It's mounted behind the mirror so its not even visible without looking for it. As Carol said it is really a convenience and you don't need to keep a lot of money in the account.

We have the transferable SunPass as well... Keep it in the MH on the way down and back home, and just move it to the tow car while the MH is parked. I love not having to squeeze through the toll booths and having to stop and start all the time.

Since we take 417 around Orlando to avoid the I-4 downtown area, there are several toll booths along that route. It was well worth the money and time savings.

We are from Missouri and bought the mini SunPass. Like others, it is hidden behind the rear-view mirror, at least hidden to me. I keep a low balance in the SunPass account and when I do my online Fort Wilderness registration I also go to the SunPass web site and use a credit card to add money to that account. The SunPass web site has a Toll Calculator where you can determine how much money you need to add. It also shows your discount. As example, going from I-75 to Hwy 429 normally cost $7.50 but with the SunPass it cost $6.00. As you and other have mentioned, the real benefit is the No-Stop lanes. If you take Hwy 429 down to the west entrance into Disney, you don’t even need to slow down going through the booth.

LOL... we have the mini. It stays in the motorhome. When TheBigGuy accidentally blew through a toll stop one time, he was absolutely mortified.... had me on the cell phone calling all the numbers I could find to tell them we'd mail the money, or whatever - he was convinced that the police would be stopping him momentarily.... it was a hoot. I finally reached someone and asked what did I need to do, and she asked if we had Florida plates.... I told her no, and she said "don't worry about it at all".

I opted for the portable version since I wanted to use it in all my vehicles. Worked great in the MH and truck on recent trips to Jetty Park. It's real nice on the 417 and 528 not having to go through the toll booths.

Even though I hate toll roads, I was looking for the easiest way to manage them.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah they are doing the pay by License Plate.
Yeah, they do that....just run through the toll booth with a broken sun pass and they will find you and charge you the toll anyway. :rofl3:

Seriously, we have the portable one (the other two portable one I bought died, I have the original portable) and the mini. Both are real time savers.

I just looked at the Sun Pass web site. How much would I need load into my account for a trip coming from I-75 to Disney, I come in at the Western Way gate, and my return trip? I'm planning a trip in November.

I would think twenty five one way would be more than enough.

• 1 month later...

We have the transferable SunPass as well... Keep it in the MH on the way down and back home, and just move it to the tow car while the MH is parked. I love not having to squeeze through the toll booths and having to stop and start all the time.

Since we take 417 around Orlando to avoid the I-4 downtown area, there are several toll booths along that route. It was well worth the money and time savings.

I agree about 417!!! I came from St. Augustine this last trip and took 417 around, cause you never know if I-4 is gonna be moving or a parking lot!! Also when I actually work down in Orlando, it is on the "OTHER" side of Orlando, so to visit the Mouse, I take 417.

• 2 weeks later...