T - 18 days until liftoff

Maybe that should beTakeoff instead of liftoff to the Fort since hopefully we dont go airborne in the motorhome. Said motorbike is getting her fluids changed and propane tanks filled. As an early Christmas present, due to her being a little blue since our last trip to the Fort, she is getting a Blue Ox Steering stabilizer. We may have to kill the fatted calf to get her out of hamhock. But what I save not shopping on Black Friday may help considerably although it won't benefit economic recovery as much as I did last year! Nine grandkids, enough said! One Mickey light wreath completed. Mickey lamp post head completed and working on base. We will leave early Black Friday morning from KY and drive into TN before stopping. On Saturday we will drive thru Ga and into Fl before stopping. That should leave just a few hours to drive in to the Fort on Sunday. We will be taking I-75 so if anyone has suggested stopping points please let me know. To the Fort of. Bust!!!!

Yes, takeoff would be better. Please don't go airborne in the MH!! ;)

I would much rather be on the road to the fort on Black Friday, than shopping. I just can't take the chaos no matter how much money I could save.

Hope you have a great trip, how long are you staying? We're going back on December 7th. Maybe I'll see you there.

• 2 weeks later...

At this point I can't take off or lift off. The RV place hasn't gotten our stablizer put on yet. Says he hopes they can do it tomorrow. HELLLOOO, he owns the place. If he wants to get it done tomorrow he can get it done tomorrow. Or better yet he could have gotten it done last week. I will barely have a week to get everything loaded in the RV. The older you get the more you have to take with you. I've got a CPAP machine and an oxygen concentrator that is bigger than carry-on luggage. Two tubs of pill bottles along with blood pressure machine, blood sugar tester and I have a machine that I check my PT/INR. I have just started getting "technology" ready. Two cameras, video camera, batterys, chargers, laptop, USB cables, memory cards and readers, the new Rand McNally GPS, bluetooth earpiece, bluetooth speakerphone for hubby, and getting Dish receivers working so hubby won't miss any Kentucky Basketball games. Are you as tired as I am?

Yes, takeoff would be better. Please don't go airborne in the MH!! ;)

I would much rather be on the road to the fort on Black Friday, than shopping. I just can't take the chaos no matter how much money I could save.

Hope you have a great trip, how long are you staying? We're going back on December 7th. Maybe I'll see you there.

We will be leaving on the 9th unless they have something available for a couple more days. I tried to add a few days when I paid my last payment and they didn't have anything.

Wish we were going to see each other. Will likely pass as we head home and you are heading down.

We are hoping to get down to Tennessee on Thanksgiving to see hubby's brother Thanksgiving night. He lives near Gordonsville. Have a safe trip home.

Sounds like your all ready to go, have a awesome trip and dont forget to report in!! :heartsmiley:

Thanks, maybe someday we will make it back to Huntsville. My hubby's parents are buried there and he has cousins and a couple of aunts there. I have a sister who lives there too.

Finally got motorhome back, sorta. Back but not in backyard on it's concrete slab. The yard was too mushy to drive it around to the back so it is in our driveway (barely). If it has been 6 inches longer it would be hanging in the road. I can't open the slides so packing everything away will require me to be a contourtisnest. Gidget and Gizmo are going to the hairdresser on Tuesday so they will look their best upon arrival. (Smell better too!)

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, however, I'm a little concerned about the very talented pole dancer. Although I won a dance trophy while in high school I've never had the priviledge to meet a real life Vegas Showgirl. Kentucky State Parks all have a pole at each site that I thought was to hang your garbage on so animals wouldn't get into it. Now I know they are preparing for the Fort Fiends Pole Dancers

I am SUPER excited. Plans have changed......for the good! We will arrive at the Fort on the 26th. Our 3-year-old granddaughter who will be there with her family thru Give Kids the World will be turning on the lights at Hollywood Studios. that night.

I am SUPER excited. Plans have changed......for the good! We will arrive at the Fort on the 26th. Our 3-year-old granddaughter who will be there with her family thru Give Kids the World will be turning on the lights at Hollywood Studios. that night.

That is awesome! Please savor that special moment! Take lots of pics!

Thanksgiving Day, 2011 4:15pm: We are finally on the road to Disney World. My new pre-trip planning now includes “add at least an additional 2 hours for loading and last minute checking everything off your list”. It is now 4:25 pm and we just pulled into a rest stop to do a light check on the vehicles and for hubby to do a walk around the RV. At 4:40pm we are back on the road. I’m beginning to think this may be a very long trip don’t you? I’m hoping to make it at least into Tennessee before stopping for the night.

You can read an expanded report here: http://mymobilemadness.wordpress.com/2011/11/25/120/

Our newest travel companion, and probably the most important, is the Rand-McNally GPS for RV’s. When you enter the dimensions of your RV it re-routes you away from any area that could be hazardous such as a road that is too narrow for the width of your RV or a bridge that is too low for you to pass under.

You don't have one of those new eighteen wheel double decker tandom MHs, do you?

Anyone remember the movie "the Long long Trailer" with Lucy and Desi? While being able to move around in a motorhome might seem appealing it does have some degree of risk when traveling and eating without pit stops. I made my way back to the facility with very little effort then sat down to take care of what had become urgent business. As the process got underway we apparently hit some bumpy spots in the road and hubby tried to dodge them without success. This caused me to not only to bounce up and down but side to side. My only thoughts were "please don't let me bounce so hard I come back down too hard And get stuck then EMS has to come and pry me out! And thus my journey continues to the Fort in the same clothes I left in yesterday but that's another story.