T@BS and Fiends and Spooks, Oh My! Oct 25 - Nov 6

I wanted to go with you guys so badly. That was the night we went to Tampa to see our kids and there new digs. Am I glad I went to visit them?Yes. Do I wish I had been able to hang with Fiends instead? Even bigger Yes!

Great update as always, Carol.Can't wait to see how the Tea Party went. :rofl2:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm on it, it might be spring but I am on it lol Just keep you know who from running it over while on the phone!

:jumpforjoy This report has made my favorites list of TR's. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the last few installments especially!!!! :heartsmiley: I hope your kids never see this post. If they do I hope they are

Here we go!!! As I said, some of my T@B friends actually came over to Disney after St. Augustine for a few days, and we decided to get together Friday night at DTD. Apparently, a LOT of you met them,

Glad you're back for more TR. Sounds like a fun time. I wish I was still there, I haven't been to Fantasmic in years, only because of the waiting before hand. If I was with some chatty Kathy's (or Carol's, or Missy's or Lorna's :)) ) it would have made the wait much more fun.

Thursday, November 3rd, 2011

To start off, a few pics from my daily Looping.

100_4295.jpg

100_4296.jpg

100_4297.jpg

Now, let me make a few pictureless comments.

We had four reservations for this trip (The Disney reservations system :banghead: )

They did link them all correctly, but the folks at the front desk are really having a problem getting charging priveledges. The first reservation was right, but the other three they activated charged priveledges, but put $0 limit. We had to call and correct each time. We also never got a "gift" on our site for checkout except the first reservation either.

Also, before we arrived, Lorna had spoken to the site assigners trying to get as many of us together as possible. She actually requested 900 loop, but was told it was going down for maintenance later in the week and would not be available.

As the week went on, 900 Loop DID start to empty out, but this morning I see chalk writings on the empty sites with family names on them. No site maintenance, a GROUP reservation!!! And seeing the group later in the week, glad we weren't left among them. While they were nothing worth complaining over, there were lots of familys and kids all over the loop and just having a generally fun time!!

I'm also glad we went Premium this time, cause the same as last year, the weekend after Halloween, a large group took over 1600 and part of 1700. Once again, lots of kids all ages all over the place, a lot riding bikes fast, and barreling past the comfort station, and lots of teenybopper girls taking over the comfort station in packs!!!! Last year, we stayed a lot longer than most, and were stuck in the middle of that bunch.

Next post, the Tea Party!!!

The tea party was sooooo much fun. Seven Fiend Gals sporting purple having a delightful time!!!

I'll just post the pics!!

100_4298.jpg

100_4299.jpg

100_4300.jpg

100_4301.jpg

100_4302.jpg

100_4303.jpg

100_4304.jpg

100_4305.jpg

100_4306.jpg

100_4307.jpg

100_4308.jpg

100_4309.jpg

The Birthday Girls!!

100_4310.jpg

We continued our conversation out on the porch for SEVERAL hours

100_4311.jpg

Then we got the SLOOOOOOOOOW boat back to the Fort

100_4312.jpg

Carol-

Great updates!

I am glad that you posted the photos from the tea party. Now I know what it looks like. That's good, because I don't plan on ever seeing it in person.

That slow boat didn't actually take you all the way back to the Fort, did it?

TCD

Nope, but it went to the Poly first, then MK, so it was as sloooooooow ride.

I am glad that you posted the photos from the tea party. Now I know what it looks like. That's good, because I don't plan on ever seeing it in person.

TCD

I couldn't agree more! Tea parties have never been my thing, even as a little girl. I was the one making mud pies with the boys, to throw at the tea party girls. :jumpforjoy

I couldn't agree more! Tea parties have never been my thing, even as a little girl. I was the one making mud pies with the boys, to throw at the tea party girls. :jumpforjoy

I was more into mud piesand playing with the boys as a kid too, but the Tea Party was a lot of fun. I think it had a lot to do with the participants.:)

your just upset they overlooked you! :hah:

Stef was not overlooked, she had already left for home the day before. She was definitely missed :hugs2:

Ok, we got back from the Tea Party, and all the guys were like, 7 HOURS for TEA??!!!! What can I say. We had fun!!!

We then once again gathered at Lorna's site for some pulled pork, and many other goodies, Toasted Almonds, lots of wine, conversation, and laughter!!

Doodle, Joanne, Carol, Lorna, TJ

100_4313.jpg

Mike, Doodle, Rita, Joanne, Carol

100_4314.jpg

Monique

100_4315.jpg

TJ, Kathy, ?????, Bob

100_4316.jpg

Missy and Melissa

100_4317.jpg

Ed and Kelly

100_4318.jpg

Bob, Brian, and Rick

100_4319.jpg

Mike and Doodle

100_4320.jpg

Bob and Brian

100_4321.jpg

Kathy, Missy, Melissa, Monique

100_4322.jpg

I would have loved the tea party. I mean did you see the food....(except for the sandwiches... maybe). I have had real english tea, in england and I assure you the best food we ever got was bread and spreadable cheese sandwiches or butter and something.

Looks like you girls had loads of fun...

For the record, I would have been the girl trying to convince stef not to throw the mud pies at the tea party girls .... yeah, that's my story.

I didn't think that we were staying thru Thursday so I didn't book the tea party. Well it turned out that we did stay and thanks to ED who gave up his spot for me I got to go. (seems like I a creating my own pattern, not going someplace and then I get to go!!!) It was a GREAT day. It is something that I would never think of doing (thanks Monique for thinking of this), but it's all about the company you keep and we all enjoy being together so much we had a blast. 7 hours of talking we should have had a tape recorder!!!!!

:jumpforjoy This report has made my favorites list of TR's. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the last few installments especially!!!! :heartsmiley:

I wanted to go with you guys so badly. That was the night we went to Tampa to see our kids and there new digs. Am I glad I went to visit them?Yes. Do I wish I had been able to hang with Fiends instead? Even bigger Yes!

I hope your kids never see this post. If they do I hope they are not sensitive. :rofl2:

The tea party was sooooo much fun. Seven Fiend Gals sporting purple having a delightful time!!!

100_4302.jpg

We continued our conversation out on the porch for SEVERAL hours

This is my favorite girlfiend phtoto EVAH! I think I'll start shopping for a purple hat..... just in case. ;D

Continuing convo for several hours is EXACTLY what should have happened! Nicely done.

The Tea party was so much fun! I don't think any of us are really "girlie girls," but that's what made it awesome! We had so much fun laughing and talking together! My favorite was the Swan with the pumpkin mousse! Yummy!

I agree... not being the prissy types is exactly what makes this photo completely adorable! No matter what you're doing, it is the company that makes it suck eggs or be totally AWESOME! Ya'll definitely achieved the latter. :heart:

Friday, November 4, 2011

Another beautiful morning, another morning of putzing around the site, and some looping.

100_4328.jpg

100_4347.jpg

100_4350.jpg

100_4351.jpg

100_4352.jpg

100_4353.jpg

100_4354.jpg

100_4355.jpg

100_4356.jpg

100_4357.jpg

100_4358.jpg

I'm sure we went to Trails End for breakfast, and then we decided to go to Magic Kingdom

100_4359.jpg

100_4360.jpg

100_4363.jpg

100_4364.jpg

100_4366.jpg

100_4367.jpg

100_4368.jpg

The Magic Kingdom was mostly all decorated for Christmas already!! Beautiful, but waaaay too early in my opinion!!!

100_4369.jpg

100_4370.jpg

100_4371.jpg

100_4372.jpg

100_4373.jpg

100_4374.jpg

100_4375.jpg

100_4376.jpg

100_4377.jpg

100_4378.jpg

100_4379.jpg

100_4380.jpg

(Picture limit, more to come soon!!)

I hope your kids never see this post. If they do I hope they are not sensitive. :rofl2:

Here's the kicker, Kim. I called my DIL as we were heading towards Tampa. I told her we were about 20 minutes away at that point. Her response, "Oh goodness I forgot all about you coming here."

Now I'm well crap I could have gone to EPCOT and nobody would have been the wiser. :rofl2: No worries though I told her that I was torn about coming to visit or staying with my Fiends. She is a very understanding DIL :whew:

My multi-quote is not cooperating this morning, so I will just say THANKS!!!! for all the comments. It's the fun and back and forth on this group that make us special!!!

Now to continue on.

We're still at Magic Kingdom and heading to Haunted Mansion

100_4396.jpg

100_4397.jpg

100_4398.jpg

100_4399.jpg

100_4400.jpg

100_4401.jpg

100_4402.jpg

100_4403.jpg

100_4404.jpg

100_4405.jpg

100_4406.jpg

100_4407.jpg

100_4408.jpg

A little bit of a rant here. While I appreciate that the HM line is now fully accessible, I really don't like the way it is accomplished. You go through the line with the scooter/wheelchair, go through the stretching room, and then you are directed outside to park at the exit (in the mausoleum), then brought back in to the exit of the attraction to board. It really makes for a disjointed experience. If the attraction line isn't too long, I think we'll just park the scooter somewhere and walk the line.

After HM, we headed towards Pirates, with a stop at the Dole Whip place.

A few pics in the area.

100_4409.jpg

100_4410.jpg

100_4411.jpg

100_4412.jpg

100_4413.jpg

Some Pirates pics

100_4414.jpg

100_4415.jpg

100_4420.jpg

100_4428.jpg

We then left Magic Kingdom and headed for the Fort to get ready for our evening at DTD with some of my T@B friends.

100_4443.jpg

100_4444.jpg

100_4445.jpg

100_4446.jpg

100_4447.jpg

100_4448.jpg

100_4449.jpg