ImDownWithDisney @ The Fort during Thanksgiving

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok....1 more post before I turn in tonight. Sunday Nov 20th The kids were busting at the seams by the time we reached the gates. Truth be told I was too. The final miles into the Fort are always excit

Me too. And it turned into a sinus infection for my drive home. Good times.

Same here now half way through my antibiotic. Oh the fun of vacation. But I would leave tonight for the Fort if I could. Although our camper is in the shop for blowout repair.

Alrighty, its Friday, I don't have to work tomorrow, I am feeling better, I've caught up on some great FF material, and its time for an update.

Thanksgiving Day was spent mostly with my wife's family at Floridays Resort. She doesn't get to see them very often since they all live out of state.

Before we headed over to Floridays we dropped our pup off at Best Friends. $16 for 6 hours was a fair price I supposed. We didn't want to leave him in the camper all day long. This was the first long trip with the dog, and I am not really a fan of carrying an animal camping....mostly because I don't like having a dog dictate some of the schedule...but I digress. To be fair, though, he's a good dog, he doesn't mess in the camper, doesn't bark, or do anything really. He's pretty lazy. The staff at BF were cool, and the place was top notch.

After we returned to the Fort that night I did some looping with the kids until they were out. It was a good day. Lots of thanks for family, friends, blessings, family time, vacations, great memories, etc, etc.

On Friday we were up and about early. The mission for the day was Animal Kingdom. We had some breakfast and were quickly aboard a bus. I have a love/hate relationship with the buses. I love the memories of riding the buses as a kid. It doesn't feel like a complete trip without boarding a Disney bus. Although, I hate being packed on one with a bunch of smelly idiots. Thankfully, that did not happen on this trip.

We arrived at AK just after rope drop and quickly made our way through the gates. The animal habitats after the entrance our one of my favorite areas of AK. We took our time through there, then I hustled to EE for fastpasses. Along the way I snagged some special FP's to the Lion King....they didn't stop you from getting another set of FP's.

I snapped this pic with my phone (no Nikon this day) on the way to EE.

IMAG0098-1.jpg

Once at EE I took DD5 while mom waited with DD4. Laurel is not much of a risk taker, and she wasn't super stoked on the ride at first. But after the shock of it wore off she was excited to have been on it.

While we were riding EE, mom had to stuff napkins in Lizzy's shoes so she would meet the height requirement (we had to do this for Space Mountain too..lol).

Lizzy is much more of a risk taker,and she loved EE from the get go. That's the way it usually works with those two.

After EE we walked over to the safari ride and basically walked on with little wait.

This was one of the better safari trips for us.

We saw some cool antelope looking critters, a baby elephant, and the male lion was awake. As a matter of fact he stink eyed us pretty good as we drove by.

I didn't take any pics of the safari, because after a few years I realized all of the pics always look pretty much the same.

After the safari we realized that our FP's were almost out of time. The FP's also said that late arrivals would be shot dead...not really, but they had a definite cutoff time.

So I grabbed the stroller, and we hoofed (ran some) it to Lion King. We arrived with 1 minute to spare!

The show was great as always. I think any show is good when everyone in the family enjoys it.

It was soon lunch time. We had planned on going back to the camper for lunch and rest, but I decided to roll up into Rainforest Cafe. I always get the pastalaya there, and I was craving some that day. We had a good table and a great lunch.

IMAG0101-1.jpg

And with that we were headed back home...err I mean to the Fort. But it was starting to feel like home at this point.

Next up...last full day at Disney.

Well the time had come.....last full day at Disney. The last day is the day you dread from the moment you check in. We always do MK on our last day. I think it is a good way to say goodbye, and the girls get do to their favorite things one last time.

True to form, we were up early and did rope drop at MK. It was a very nice Saturday. I couldn't think of anywhere else that I would have rather been.

We had one must do mission this day. Hair wraps at Pirates! The girls had not stopped talking about them the whole trip.

As we walked down Main Street I caught a whiff of something good. I found that smell in Casey's Corner in the form of huge cinnamon rolls. We all enjoyed one outside while people watching. It was good way to start a MK day.

Next stop was SM fastpass line. After acquiring fp's we were quickly aboard BTMR. I think it is now the girls favorite ride at MK. We rode twice in a row without a wait each time. That was the 6th and 7th ride on this trip.

After BTMR we cruised over to Pirates for a quick ride and to get the wraps.

DSC_9185.jpg

DSC_9189.jpg

Crowds were still pretty non existent that morning. We sat there for a while watching the wraps go in. The lady doing it was really nice. She was a former resident of South Carolina, who moved south for better weather. I was surprised to learn that she actually did not work for Disney. It seems they have decided to sub out the hair wrapping work around WDW.

$53 of wrapped hair later we were aboard a boat at POTC. This ride never gets old for us, and is one of my favorites.

After the ride the girls just had to have a pirate hook each. Disney marketing at its finest. As we walked out we found a pirate readying the stage for a show. The girls were front and center and eager to see Captn Jack. When he finally came out and said that he saw many good pirate helpers in the crowd, both kids turned around and handed their hooks to us. DD5 even slid behind mom. It seemed they were not ready to be helpers.

But the show was very good, and all of the kids were made honorary pirates afterwards.

DSC_9205.jpg

DSC_9207.jpg

After all of that it was time to fastpass SM. During a last ride on SM I had idea of taking some pics of the plunge. So I took my camera on this ride. I really hoped to be on the front row, but we were put in the 3rd. Consequently, my pics have a back of a head in each one. I had hoped of getting some unique shots. I don't recall seeing any of the plunge in any TR's.

Look out below!!!....I really wish this lady's head wasn't there...oh well

DSC_9220.jpg

This next shot may be may favorite non family pic of at Disney to date. It's not a perfect shot by any stretch but I love how the castle looks. To me it makes the MK look down right huge....like the castle is miles away. I don't think that I have ever noticed the castle while riding SM either.

DSC_9231.jpg

Next up was some more teacups, and we decided to all eat a hot dog at Casey's, instead of waiting till we were back at the Fort.

After lunch we made our way back to the Fort, and we spent the rest of the day enjoying our last day there.

I did a lot of this each afternoon

IMAG0153.jpg

and also sat at the beech for a while while the rest were napping. It was a fitting end to a great trip.

We rolled out the next morning.

I snapped this one while Tish was in tending to our bill.

IMAG0156.jpg

It was tough to leave.

Again, loving the pics. Especially the one of the castle in the distance.

Thanks and I am glad you guys enjoy them.

One thing that I like about photography is that it sometimes lets you see things differently or in a different perspective. You don't have time to admire the view while on the ride, but having a pic lets you.

Great report. It is tough to leave. That is a neat pic of the castle.

Thanks....wished we could have met up at the Fort....next time

Great trip report! Thanks for sharing all your experiences with us. :)

It was my pleasure!

Sorry- I missed the end of your trip report.

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed meeting you at the Fort.

And, I enjoyed your trip report.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

I look forward to hearing about the next one.

TCD

Thanks. I hope I didn't freak you out when I flagged you down. It's hell being famous, isn't it?

That really is a cool pic of the castle. Glad we got to meet up at the Fort...maybe we'll see you again next year.

Nice to meet you too, Dave. You have a great looking family. Hopefully, we will be there again next Thanksgiving.

Great job! Thanks for taking the time to share it. I'm so looking forward to next year's trip with the newest little fiend.

I :heart: babies!

Good. You can baby sit while the wife and I try to regain our sanity. ;-)