January 2012 Trip Report

Tauriello Family Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Trip Report

January 2-7,2012

So, we made our way across the state headed to the most magical place on earth. Here we make our approach to the entrance.

Disney2012006.jpg

Then, we reach the entrance to Fort Wilderness.

Disney2012013.jpg

We picked up our golf cart and then made our way to site 716.

Disney2012017.jpg

The loop was a little tight on the approach, but we made it into our site without any issues. We really liked the location of the 700 loop and the limited number of sites on this loop.

The weather for the week started off very cold. We hit the Chip and Dale campfire our first night and froze our butts off.

M1010011.jpg

Our two dogs Buddy and Praline enjoyed a relaxing stay at the Fort while us humans attacked the parks.

Disney2012025.jpg

Our girls Hannah and Olivia had fun in their bunks while at the Fort.

IMG_0111.jpg

Our original plan was to hit The Magic Kingdom on Tuesday, but I opted to change our plan and we did Animal Kingdom first. I figured that there would be less to see and if the girls couldn’t handle the cold, cutting the day short wouldn’t be an issue.

M1020009.jpg

We picked up two Yeti hats for the girls after riding Expedition Everest and they came in handy all week. Expedition Everest was an awesome ride.

We took advantage of the lower crowd levels at AK to get in some Character Meet and Greets.

M1020013.jpg

M1020018.jpg

On Wednesday, we headed to Epcot. The weather finally started to improve.

M1020038.jpg

We did the princess lunch at Akerhaus in Norway and the girls had a great time

M1020033.jpg

And, here’s a shot of all of us having a fun day at Epcot. We all had a great day especially with the warmer weather.

M1020022.jpg

That night we went back to the Fort and had a nice dinner at Trails End. We then watched the fireworks at MK from the beach at the fort.

On Thursday, we were off to The Magic Kingdom. We had morning EMH that day and had the pleasure of seeing the park opening ceremony. I had never experienced that before and it was fantastic.

M1030002.jpg

Here’s Hannah and Tina with the beautiful topiary.

M1030008.jpg

We hit Space Mountain first and all had a blast...!!

Then, we met up with Chip and Dale.

M1030011.jpg

And off to Winnie the Pooh which was a big hit for DW.

M1030015.jpg

Now for a little castle pic,

M1030020.jpg

Here the girls were getting silly while waiting for for our FastPass time on the Big Mountain Railroad.

M1030022.jpg

We returned to the Fort for dinner and then headed back to MK for some night time fun.

M1030055.jpg

We wrapped up our day at the MK with the fireworks and then called it a night. It was a magical day for us all.

Friday, we were off to HS.

M1040002.jpg

Olivia who is a big Mater fan enjoyed getting this picture.

M1040009.jpg

We had a blast on the Tower of Terror and the Rocking Roller Coaster.

M1040003.jpg

M1040004.jpg

We went back to the Fort for a bit and then returned to HS for dinner at Hollywood & Vine and to take in more of HS, Especially the Osborne Christmas lights.

M1040032.jpg

We wrapped up our night at HS and headed back to the Fort for a good night’s rest.

On Saturday, we eased into the day and then did some looping before our departure. Tried to catch up with other fiends, but seemed that with our busy itinerary, we missed that opportunity. We had a fantastic time and this trip is one that will be a lasting memory for us all.

Great whirlwind report! The kids are too cute with their yeti hats.

Not only are we almost neighbors, I also have a golden retriever, who always seems to find a pillow too. ;)

Thanks for sharing! When is your next trip?

The morning temps were in the low to mid 30's and on Tuesday it only warmed up to the 50's with a nice cool breeze. Our Florida blood cannot handle that without some hats or antifreeze :cheers: On the morning we went to MK, there was actually a little bit of ice on the dock over at MK. We even got a freeze warning note posted on our coach Tuesday by FW staff.

Our next trip will be this weekend. We will do the Tampa RV Supershow on Saturday and then be at Lazydays Sun-Tue with our FMCA Chapter "National United Travelers" AKA "The NUTS".. Will need to work on a plan for our next trip to the Fort.

To add to the trip report, the girls got a kick out of seeing the pine cone Mickeys on other sites when we went looping, so they had to make their own before we left yesterday...

e3b5a4d6.jpg

4a8d96d2.jpg

Great job on this trip report!

I love the girls' Mickey head- with the smile!

Nice!

Beautiful trip report!! Love the UP! Character pictures, don't see those often!

Yes. I didn't know that the UP! characters were at AK. This must be new, or it was just being done for the holidays.

Chris, as you posted your site number on another thread I did go by it on one of my many drive bys last week, but you must have been out having fun.

Not knowing if TCD spiked you, I decided not to.

Dang!

This spiking fell through the cracks.

Sorry about that.

But it sounds like you are already planning your next trip to the Fort, so Lou or I will get you spiked then!

TCD

This is an awesome TR! I love the pictures - your girls are beautiful and I love their Yeti hats. My daughter (who is 7) has a Yeti ball cap from when she rode EE but she has a winter cap like that one....and it's Perry the Platypus! (i stole it from her, but don't tell her)

I must say...I am a teeny but jealous of your gorgeous Class A with bunks. When I grow up, that's the kind of camper I want. But then again...by the time I grow up, I won't have a need for bunks anymore cuz the Princess will be grown.

Anywho, I am so glad you guys had a wonderful time. The Fort is such a special place and WDW is just awesome, and your pictures really show that you took every chance possible to spend quality time together and make memories. It just doesn't get any better than that!