A Multi-Trip Report including the WBI & Camping Princess Wedding!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great update! What a nice surprise you received!! Didn't try the bidet? Wow, that's the first thing I would have done. :flush2: :rofl2:

WOW indeed!

Makes me consider getting married again......Not really, but.......

Haha!

Wow, very nice!!

I can just picture you guys doing a little dance when she shut the door. Too funny!!

We really did! We couldn't believe it!

Nick, I think your "holy crap" comment summed things up nicely.

Holy crap!

TCD

I agree!

WOW, MORE COOLNESS!!!! AWESOME!!!

YES IT WAS!

I agree! Holy Crap! You guys definitely scored... AGAIN!!

Yes we did, this one was really a shocker!

I'll add one more HOLY CRAP to the increasing pile of HOLY CRAP!!!

Good lawd! Now THAT is what i call an upgrade!

Yes it was!

First of all, congratulations on your nuptuals! What a beautiful wedding! It looks like you had a great time too. (I definitely have to get to Seaside at some point, it looks beautiful there.)

Second, holy upgrades batman! I can't believe you were able to get not one but two such awesome upgrades.

Can't wait for more of your trip report....

Thank you! We had a great time those entire two months!

Yes please check out Seaside you won't regret it!

Congratulations!

WOW! You're upgrades were amazing!! Thanks for posting the pics. I doubt I'll ever see those in person! lol

Thank you!

I don't think we'll ever get to see those rooms again either! It was a once in a lifetime deal!

I will reiterate both the "wow" and the "holy crap!" I want to start travelling with y'all because you seem to be really lucky at Disney!

Thanks!

You know I've made more trips to DisneyWorld than I can count and those are the only upgrades I ever got! But they were great upgrades!

Holy crap, WBI. You may want to consider playing the lottery soon. The stars and planets appear to all in line!!!

You may want to consider changing the name of your TR to Holy Crap.

This is awesome. Keep it coming!!!

The lottery didn't work out, I tried :(

I agree on that name, lol I should change it!

Holy crap.

Ok, so first the beautiful wedding in Seaside. Then the magical upgrade at the CR. Then there was the phenominal cruise. The beautiful pics of it all. And now THIS???

Are you just trying to make our lives seem crappy in comparison? LOL!! I'm kidding! It's so awesome and magical...you guys sure had a good month!

So I'm just curious...are y'all planning on starting a family? Cause once kids come along, all this really nice stuff goes away and you'll be posting pics of your breakfast at Cracker Barrel like me. :laugh:

In all seriousness, I've always said I'd never trade my kids for ANYTHING! But that was before I saw pics of that Garden Suite! Now I'm not too sure....

Ok fine...I'm kidding again! Sort of.

But I am NOT kidding about loving this trip report WBI. Keep it coming!

Thank you! I know we were very lucky with the upgrades and that we were able to have the wedding in Seaside and take that awesome cruise!

You hit the nail on the head though, we are doing all this traveling and special trips now so we can start a family soon. We know that it will be a while before we can do trips like these again so we're trying to do as much as we can now before our lives get a little busier at home.

But on a good note, we really like Cracker Barrel so I'm ok with taking the family there, haha.

:rofl2: Ditto!!

haha! (See above)

And again I miss the boat. I'd trade my kids in a heartbeat, but they went and grew up and moved out. Think the GF CM's would believe I'm on my honeymoon? :rofl2:

haha you can always try! I suggest the t-shirt idea!

LOL!!!! Got that right!!

lol

I know this is now redundant but, WOW!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful memories with us.

Much enjoyed. :)

Thank you, and thanks for following along!

Nice report. We were there also when TCD and Donmie were in November. Would have been fun helping them TP your room. Great report.

Thanks!

Yeah that would have been pretty funny!

Ok I'm ready for another post!

WBI

Thanks for following along everyone, I didn't mean to take so long for another update but here it comes.

When I left off we had just left our amazing Garden Suite at the BoardWalk...

Here’s a book shelf in the hall on the way to the Inn Keepers Club.

DSC06296.jpg

DSC06297.jpg

It was time for drinks and apps at the Inn Keepers Club so here are some pictures.

DSC06298.jpg

DSC06299.jpg

DSC06300.jpg

DSC06301.jpg

You should have seen the people run to the food when it was put out; they really made a meal out of it. We sampled some and it was all really good. Plus it was free to us!

Here’s the concierge desk, but we never used them we already had our reservations.

DSC06302.jpg

This is right outside in the hallway:

DSC06303.jpg

DSC06306.jpg

DSC06307.jpg

Ok coming up next we go to Magic Kingdom for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!

That last post about the Inn Keepers Club wasn't too exciting to me so here's another:

We had just had some free snacks and drinks and now we’re hopping a bus to MK! Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is our favorite, but we had never been this late in the year, usually we go in November. And I have to be honest, it was pretty crowded. So much so we never got to ride Space Mountain, the wait was too long.

We still had a great time though:

DSC06311.jpg

Have you caught on that CP likes to wear matching shirts? lol

DSC06312.jpg

DSC06314.jpg

The night was just starting:

DSC06315.jpg

DSC06317.jpg

DSC06319.jpg

DSC06321.jpg

DSC06322.jpg

Here we are waiting for Big Thunder Mountain:

DSC06326.jpg

We ate lots of cookies!

DSC06329.jpg

DSC06330.jpg

DSC06337.jpg

DSC06339.jpg

DSC06340.jpg

DSC06342.jpg

DSC06343.jpg

DSC06344.jpg

DSC06345.jpg

DSC06357.jpg

DSC06360.jpg

DSC06376.jpg

DSC06377.jpg

DSC06379.jpg

That was it for the night; afterwards we dragged ourselves to the bus and crashed for the night back at the room.

Saturday morning we had reservations for a character breakfast at Cape May Café!

WBI

Oh by the way when I got home home, I checked the rate for our room, it was marked for those dates at $770 per night! Who can afford that?! And I know they have more expensive rooms than that. Crazy!

Hey, you're newlyweds, you can get away with matching shirts.....for now. ;)

The crowds on Main Street look crazy! We went the first week of December, and it was chaotic enough for me.

Hey Steph, I think WBI and CP got the free snickerdoodles too!

WBI - can you confirm? If so, aren't they THA BOMB?!?!?!?!

Looks like a great evening! We were at Disney the same time; I see your sign in front of the count down calendar thing over by Santa. We took our daughter's picture there with 7 days to go!! :)

We "almost" got the garden suites one time for $69 a night. There was a glitch in the online WDW reservation system, that if you booked it as a package with a ticket for 1 night, it came up as $69 plus the cost of the ticket.

We had 3 consecutive nights booked that way.

Unfortunately, Disney caught their mistake and called and gave us a choice of paying the rest of the funds or cancelling.

However, I think one or two folks on voldy actually DID get to keep that offer (this was over on the resort board)

We cancelled, but it would have been nice!!!

I'm all caught up now and everything I have to say has already been said, but I'm gonna say it again...

1. WOW

2. You guys make a beautiful couple and the wedding was stunning!

3. WOW again!

4. I LOVE matching shirts! (and really after the first upgrade I would never have taken off the "just married" ones) I'm already planning matching shirts for each day of our September trip for all 4 of us, so it never goes out of style!!

5. Holy crap and wow again.

Can't wait for more!!

Looks like a FUN evening!!

It was a great night!

I love Christmas time at MK! I also love the matching shirts!

Me too Christmas is my favorite at Disney!

Hey, you're newlyweds, you can get away with matching shirts.....for now. ;)

The crowds on Main Street look crazy! We went the first week of December, and it was chaotic enough for me.

Haha thanks!

Yeah it was pretty crowded.

Hey Steph, I think WBI and CP got the free snickerdoodles too!

WBI - can you confirm? If so, aren't they THA BOMB?!?!?!?!

Looks like a great evening! We were at Disney the same time; I see your sign in front of the count down calendar thing over by Santa. We took our daughter's picture there with 7 days to go!! :)

Yup we did get the snickerdoodles! They were great, we ate way to many of them.

So we just missed you!

I wonder how many people pay that $770/night? I imagine between people using codes for 30-40% discounts and people being upgraded like y'all, there can't be many that pay that. Wow!

That's a good point, I remember seeing it once with the 30% off but it was still way too much for me.

We "almost" got the garden suites one time for $69 a night. There was a glitch in the online WDW reservation system, that if you booked it as a package with a ticket for 1 night, it came up as $69 plus the cost of the ticket.

We had 3 consecutive nights booked that way.

Unfortunately, Disney caught their mistake and called and gave us a choice of paying the rest of the funds or cancelling.

However, I think one or two folks on voldy actually DID get to keep that offer (this was over on the resort board)

We cancelled, but it would have been nice!!!

That would have been a sweet deal!

I couldn't imagine getting one that cheap.

I'm all caught up now and everything I have to say has already been said, but I'm gonna say it again...

1. WOW

2. You guys make a beautiful couple and the wedding was stunning!

3. WOW again!

4. I LOVE matching shirts! (and really after the first upgrade I would never have taken off the "just married" ones) I'm already planning matching shirts for each day of our September trip for all 4 of us, so it never goes out of style!!

5. Holy crap and wow again.

Can't wait for more!!

1. I know right!

2. Thank you!

3. Exactly!

4. Thanks! I give CP a hard time about the matching shirts but I do like them sometimes!

5. Can you belive that!

Ok I'm ready to post some more!

Whoops sorry I’m slacking.

I found these pictures from Friday night that I forgot about, when we got back from Magic Kingdom we checked out the Boardwalk Christmas decorations:

DSC06381.jpg

DSC06383.jpg

DSC06385.jpg

DSC06386.jpg

DSC06387.jpg

DSC06388.jpg

DSC06390.jpg

Ok picking back up its now Saturday morning and we had reservations at Cape May Café, for breakfast. Staying at the Boardwalk, all we had an easy walk across to the Beachclub.

DSC06391.jpg

DSC06392.jpg

DSC06393.jpg

DSC06394.jpg

DSC06395.jpg

DSC06396.jpg

On a side note, we’ve been doing a lot of Character breakfasts this year, and we finally decided we’re done with those until we have kids. Lol At first we had fun with it and enjoyed the food, but man those things are expensive! We’ve also had better food at the non-character restaurants.

When we got done with breakfast we took a look at the Beachclub Christmas decorations:

DSC06397.jpg

DSC06398.jpg

Then we walked through Epcot on our way to the Monorail, our plan was to tour the Christmas decorations at the Magic Kingdom resorts.

Walking through Epcot:

DSC06400.jpg

Anyone know what the temporary bathrooms were for?

DSC06401.jpg

DSC06402.jpg

DSC06403.jpg

On the monorail:

DSC06404.jpg

DSC06405.jpg

At the Poly:

DSC06406.jpg

DSC06407.jpg

Then we hopped a bus to Downtown Disney:

DSC06451.jpg

Passed the Fort on our way :(

DSC06453.jpg

Downtown Disney:

DSC06457.jpg

Then after wondering around a bit we hopped a bus to the Dolphin:

DSC06458.jpg

DSC06461.jpg

DSC06463.jpg

Then we had a nice walk back over to the Boardwalk. I just realized we used every form of Disney Transportation that morning, walking, monorail, boat, bus, and walking.

DSC06464.jpg

DSC06465.jpg

DSC06466.jpg

Once back to the room we went to the hot tub for a while then relaxed and got ready for our big night at Epcot!

WBI

What a wonderful way to begin married life ! Thanks for taking us along with you. So much good happened to you, I hope your whole life is filled with such great surprises. Thanks for the photo of the castle in MK. To me, the castle has never been prettier. Loved the lights that made it look like it was iced over.

Holy crap fits the bill.

Boy, those temp bathrooms are the strangest thing I've ever seen on Disney property!!

They were strange, my guess was they were going to shut down some bathrooms for repairs so they installed these, but who knows.

Saw some by the American Pavillian some years ago.

Nothing like a temp stall #2.

I've seen those too, usually around Christmas or during the Food and Wine Fest I think.

Wow, you guys really made the rounds! I always plan on doing that around the holidays, but then cocktails and fiends distract me. :oregonian_winesmiley:

Yes we did, it gets a little tiring but if you grab food and booze on the way it helps. :)

Love the Resorts during the holidays. We always made it a point to tour them too. I am not as adventurous as you are though, we drove our car. :))

You should try the non driving route sometime, if you have LOTS of time its not too bad.

Well it looks like the Swan and Dolphin also cut back their decorations.

Check out this picture from December 2009 of the same train. The "snow" went all the way to the fence back then.

IMG00142_00.jpg

Wow your right, I noticed the cut backs in other places too.

What a wonderful way to begin married life ! Thanks for taking us along with you. So much good happened to you, I hope your whole life is filled with such great surprises. Thanks for the photo of the castle in MK. To me, the castle has never been prettier. Loved the lights that made it look like it was iced over.

Holy crap fits the bill.

Thank you so much!

We had and are still having a great time!

WBI- Nice job on the resort tour photos. I am giving you and A-. You got the minus because you only got a photo of the Fort's entrance sign.

TCD

Thanks TCD!

I fully accept that A-

We had planned on visiting the Fort at night one night but we never made it, FAIL!

WBI