We are not familliar with the bus schedules since we hardly use them when we are at the fort. I do have a question since we have some friends coming down to visit and staying at the Port Orleans resort while we are at the Fort. My buddy Lou may be the best to ask. Can they take a bus directly to and from the fort from Port Orleans, or do they have to goto the transportation hub at downtown Disney and get on another bus? Would there be a bus schedule anywhere that would tell you what buses go where and when you would have to transfer at DTD? Thanks for your help

Could they take a bus to MK, then boat over to the Fort?

ETA: I don't know Disney transportation like Lou or Carol, I just hate to have to go through DTD to get anywhere. And I did not sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Could they take a bus to MK, then boat over to the Fort?

ETA: I don't know Disney transportation like Lou or Carol, I just hate to have to go through DTD to get anywhere. And I did not sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I suppose they could. We all have dinner reservations at the GF and was hoping they could come to the campfire with us afterwards. I wouldn't want them to go all the way back to the MK to catch a bus. Worse comes to worse I can take them back in my car. I agree with you on DTD

Lou and I have a love/hate relationship here on line that is all in good fun. He is the almightly guru when it comes to transportation. I hope he won't send our friends to sea world or something...lol

POR is where we've stayed both trips to the World. From there, the buses only go to the parks. Quickest way would be to bus to a park, then bus or boat to the Fort.

You could chop down a tree and give them a good log to sit on and paddle to the MK. Then they wouldn't have to wait for the boat. It would also save a tree from being used for a clothesline.

You could chop down a tree and give them a good log to sit on and paddle to the MK. Then they wouldn't have to wait for the boat. It would also save a tree from being used for a clothesline.

I nominate for post of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

What Carol said.

Unfortunately there aren't any resort-to-resort DIRECT buses - you have to use the DTD hub ...unless you're Lou and know the secret routes whereby you get on a bus that says something else and end up where you want to go. 8)

There is one exception... they usually run resort buses from the Settlement area of the Fort after the last 2 HDD shows. So depending on timing, this might work out for them.

I guess the reason I asked this was because I thought from time to time I would see a Fort Wilderness Campground bus show up at the lodge. Is this the only resort to resort bus we know of?

I guess the reason I asked this was because I thought from time to time I would see a Fort Wilderness Campground bus show up at the lodge. Is this the only resort to resort bus we know of?

It is and as soon as it pulls into the Fort it becomes a "Yellow Bus" and then heads to the Outpost from the Settlement.

I know that the Fort and Lodge share park buses. If you're headed back to the Fort from a park in the evening, you usually stop at the Lodge first.

There used to be a bus back and forth to the Lodge too - not sure if that still exists or not.

But yes - that's the only resort that has any sort of direct route to/from the Fort.

See you don't need me, you have very knowlegable transportation people here.

I think the PO to the Fort question has been answered, no. As for a schedule, no.

Just remember, park to park, yes, resort to resort, no, unless you make a transfer at one of the five bus hubs.

What would I do, I would take a cab to the Fort.

If they use the buses it can take them 60 to 90 minutes to get to the Fort via a transfer location. It probably won't, but 45 minutes per leg is a rule of thumb. 30 minute max wait plus a 15 minute ride. If everything falls their way it could be 45 minutes.

Or, if they had a friend staying at the Fort and if they have a car, that friend might be able to pick them up.

• 3 weeks later...

True story that your not going to believe. But its true. This happened Christmas 2011. Left ASmusic heading for MK to take monorail to POLY for Rez at O'hana. Got on bus at ASm and we where the only ones on it so I jokingly asked driver if he could just drop us of at Poly and he said he will call in and check. As we approach MK he turns and heads straight to the Poly. I tried to tip him but he refused to take it. Resort to resort. Now that's service. But wait the story gets better. A few days later we took boat from MK to the Fort for 5:00 Rez at Hoop Dee Doo, this was are first time at the fort and when we met Judy, and yes i blame ger for getting me on this forum, lol, after dinner we got on bus headed towards DTD and again we where the only ones on the bus. So asked again if he would take us straight to ASm and he did. I don't think you can count on this happening for your friend shut I just wanted to brag on two awesome CMs that really need a raise. I just wish that waitress at Hoop Dee Doo wouldn't have served me so much beet so I could remember the bus drivers name.

We are not familliar with the bus schedules since we hardly use them when we are at the fort. I do have a question since we have some friends coming down to visit and staying at the Port Orleans resort while we are at the Fort. My buddy Lou may be the best to ask. Can they take a bus directly to and from the fort from Port Orleans, or do they have to goto the transportation hub at downtown Disney and get on another bus? Would there be a bus schedule anywhere that would tell you what buses go where and when you would have to transfer at DTD? Thanks for your help

Dave, your cart is fast enough to wiz them over to the POR. If you get caught tell them Lou said this was the only way to get them there.

True story that your not going to believe. But its true. This happened Christmas 2011. Left ASmusic heading for MK to take monorail to POLY for Rez at O'hana. Got on bus at ASm and we where the only ones on it so I jokingly asked driver if he could just drop us of at Poly and he said he will call in and check. As we approach MK he turns and heads straight to the Poly. I tried to tip him but he refused to take it. Resort to resort. Now that's service. But wait the story gets better. A few days later we took boat from MK to the Fort for 5:00 Rez at Hoop Dee Doo, this was are first time at the fort and when we met Judy, and yes i blame ger for getting me on this forum, lol, after dinner we got on bus headed towards DTD and again we where the only ones on the bus. So asked again if he would take us straight to ASm and he did. I don't think you can count on this happening for your friend shut I just wanted to brag on two awesome CMs that really need a raise. I just wish that waitress at Hoop Dee Doo wouldn't have served me so much beet so I could remember the bus drivers name.

Ray, it's people like you that ruin this for others who might have had a chance to get this service. Twice in one week? Geez, that probably burns up my chances for this year. I hardly ride the bus anyway unless I'm going to House of Blues and don't want to drive while enjoying an adult beverage or already had a slew of Stepha70's punch.

Anyway, good job on asking and getting the route changed. Next time you're on a bus from a park that goes to the lodge first ask them to go to the fort first.

True story that your not going to believe. But its true.

I do believe it because it happens quite a bit.

If the circumstances are just right and you have a driver that will do it, most will, it does happen. You have to be the only ones on the bus, it has to be during a slower time of the day, and it can't deviate too much from his assigned route.

Every day from every hub I hear drivers asking to do it.

• 8 months later...