Doodle celebrates Snarky's 1st anniversary at the Fort!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are on the road. We have a slight issue with the exhaust manifold. Mike says we will make it to the Fort and back home again. Then he will have to tear down the engine. We may be making a trip to Lazy Days and take a look at something new.I doubt that will really happen though, There is nothing wrong that can't be fixed and I love the layout of this one.

Any way we are in Alabama and it is sunny and 55. Minimal traffic so hopefully we can make up some time lost this morning.

The weather down here is beautiful. A small dab of fog this morning, quickly gone, and now sunny with high fluffy clouds. Temps in high 60s to low 70s. I know, that's heat wave territory. But Wait! a few days from now we are suppose to be getting temps in the 80s. Now I know that will be heat wave temps for our doddle. Safe travels!!

We just crossed the state line. So far so good. We won't be stopping to see Rita and that makes me very sad. Knowing I will see her at Stone Mountain makes it a little better.

I think the plan is now to make it to Lake City for the night and then check in to the Fort in the morning.

We just crossed the state line. So far so good. We won't be stopping to see Rita and that makes me very sad. Knowing I will see her at Stone Mountain makes it a little better.

I think the plan is now to make it to Lake City for the night and then check in to the Fort in the morning.

Is this the campground you recommended earlier?

Is this the campground you recommended earlier?

Yes it is, Deb. Like I said it is nothing special, just a place to stop for the night. The biggest draw for Mike is the Red Lobster just down the road, I like the fact that there is a Walmart nearby. I usually wait till I get there to pick up some groceries.

This is an important update. In Tennessee if you are stuck in traffic and you have to pee, just pull onto the shoulder and let 'er rip. Sorry no pictures, I was too astounded. :wetpants: :bugeyes: :rofl2:

seen this quite a few times passing thru the southern states...the only thing i can say is--i am a bit jealous. i sometimes wish it could be that easy for us. ;)

travel safe and i do hope your vehicle problems aren't bad. it always sucks to have issues on the road. can't wait for us to check in tomorrow.. :dance:

There are some cheap places along I-10 at Marianna there is a Travel America and at the Midway exit just before Tallahassee is a Flying J. Both of those are very reasonable and I would definitely stop if you are getting low because from there through Gainesville, it is high. I would definitely avoid gassing up in Madison (there are about 3 exits there).

Ok we are at the Inn & Out. Probably for the last time. When we got close we could see a bunch of flashing lights. They were all at the Days Inn next door. Apparently somebody was shot in one of the rooms. i counted 6 police cruisers and an ambulance. The ambulance pulled away with the inside lights on so I am thinking the victim was still alive. I have always felt safe her but now I revoke my recommendation of this campground. I know that something like this can happen anywhere but I know there are other places to stay.

That's all for tonight. Tomorrow the Fort!!

Be safe, and have a good ride tomorrow. sorry to hear about the trouble. Rich asked If I wanted to go to the fort tomorrow night, I am still not sure, will have to see what tomorrow brings. Just got done cleaning the house from Mom's party. Will talk to u tomorrow.