We have 2 Siberian Huskies. We understand dog noises.

However, because we are traveling so far, we are going to board them for this trip.

All the recommend premium loops are pet friendly. I really think I want to upgrade/downgrade from the preferred to the premium so my husband has more room to work with and I don't want to vacuum while on vacation.

So questions are:

1. Am I going to have to inspect the site and clean up after someone else's dogs?

2. How noisy is at night?

3. What recourse do I have if someone's pet is howling all night long? [i live in the middle of nowhere for real, I don't have to listen to neighbor's pets here]

4. Which loops have the most real estate between them?

5. What else am I missing?

We are renting a cart from Kenny, so the distance to the dock is no longer an issue for me. That was the main reason I picked preferred in the first place.

Thank you all for your help.

We like the 500 loop. Stayed there for 2 weeks last June/July. Didn't have to clean up after anyone else's dog, and never heard a single bark at night. In fact, the only time we heard a dog was when the owners of a labrador retriever were playing with him and intentionally making him bark for a ball. And this was in the middle of the day. Overall...never had any dog problems in a pet loop.

1. Most people are great about cleaning up after their pets, but like anywhere else you may run across a random pile. Not on your site, it will be cleaned before you get there.

2.Being from the middle of nowhere, you may be more sensitive to the noises. Buses, kids, EWP, fireworks, golf carts....I've personally never had a problem with barking dogs. Again, most people are responsible dog owners.

3. Never really had the need, but I assume if you called the office, someone might speak with the owners

4. I too like the 500 loop because it's close to the dog park, but if you're not bringing yours, that's not important. I don't think the 500 is the easiest to maneuver around. I would guess the 800 or 900 as far as more real estate. Another fiend can probably help you more with that, because I'm always in the 500. :)

Thank you.

We get tractors and combines seasonally, normal farm animal noises and dually diesels who have modified their mufflers. We are also right next to the highway so air braking is frequent. We are okay with noise. I think it is more a stress of needing to take care of the barking dog than the actual barking of the dog.

I would love to hear more of the 800 and 900 loops. Is it hard to cross the main road to get to the pool? How busy is the road?

You're worrying too much. Relax and have fun!

You certainly don't have to worry about crossing the road. A camper entering or exiting the area, golf carts, and the occasional bus. That's about it. There are times you could dance in the street and not block any traffic!

• 4 weeks later...

We have stayed in the 200 and 400 loops and we did not find any piles anywhere. As far as barking dogs, when we were there last week the motorhome across from us had 2 little white dogs that were barking whenever we were outside. It was annoying, but since were spent a lot of time at the parks, we did not report them. I have to believe that the campground personnel would have addressed the issue if we reported it. As for noises, we heard the occasional bus noises and we could hear the boat horns as they pulled in and out of the docks from the 400 loop. ::)

We have stayed in the 200 and 400 loops and we did not find any piles anywhere. As far as barking dogs, when we were there last week the motorhome across from us had 2 little white dogs that were barking whenever we were outside. It was annoying, but since were spent a lot of time at the parks, we did not report them. I have to believe that the campground personnel would have addressed the issue if we reported it. As for noises, we heard the occasional bus noises and we could hear the boat horns as they pulled in and out of the docks from the 400 loop. ::)

Lookie. lookie, we have a brand new Fiend here. Thought you could sneak in under the Radar did you. Nice try.

Welcome and get involved, but don't pick on me though. I'm very fragile.

Welcome to the madness!! :wave1:

We have always stayed in pet loops w/ no problems, no real noise and only once in a great while a doggie gift in the weeds. I must confess that while walking our highly trained, killer guard dog I have lost something in the after EMH darkness.

As noted above, please choose your words carefully when addressing Lou he is quite old and very thin skinned. :rofl2:

We stay in 300 - a pet loop - and while being surrounded by loads of dogs, we've almost never had a barking dog problem.

There were only 2 times I can think of in the past 4 months worth of time over the past 8 years... one was a small dog that yapped in a MH all. day. long. Luckily he didn't yap at night and he was far enough away that we didn't care - it was mostly slightly-annoying background noise.

The other was a popup next to us that crated their dogs outside the camper when they weren't there, and even at night when they were. They didn't make any noise during the day, but a couple of times they got to howling (HOWLING) at 2am - presumably some critter went by. It didn't go on long, but we were in a hybrid at the time and it did wake us up.

After the 2nd night I was ready to call the front desk if it happened again, but the people left.

You should call the front desk if you experience any issues, but be prepared for the fact that the Fort isn't always great about responding to such things. In the past I've heard more than one story of people that complained and instead of the perpetrators being asked to do something about their dog, the Fort offered to move the people that called. That said, I've heard as many stories of people being asked to board their noisy pets (or leave). Unfortunately none of that is first hand info., so take it with a grain of salt.

All that said, the Fort mgt has changed fairly recently and they SEEM to be better about rule enforcement than they've been in the past.

If you're worried, I'd request a non-pet loop. Just keep in mind that during busy times, Disney has been known to put pets in non-pet loops too, so that's not 100% guarantee.

... It was annoying, but since were spent a lot of time at the parks, we did not report them. I have to believe that the campground personnel would have addressed the issue if we reported it.

Maybe. Probably? Hopefully... hard to say for sure. The one thing Disney is really good at is being inconsistent when it comes to enforcing their own rules. Although as I said, this seems to be getting better lately.

Oh and...

:grpwelcome:

...Welcome and get involved, but don't pick on me though. I'm very fragile.

... he also lies. :rofl2:

:insanity:

Lookie. lookie, we have a brand new Fiend here. Thought you could sneak in under the Radar did you. Nice try.

Welcome and get involved, but don't pick on me though. I'm very fragile.

Fragile, Lou? Must be old age catching up to you, Birthday Boy! :rofl2:

Welcome mmmfamily! You posted on my thread first. I like that lots!

I did go ahead and change over from preferred to premium. We have an extra slide, so I made sure to have that noted on the reservation. I did not pick a specific loop. Instead, I asked for site along a canal. It was more important to my kids to be able fish if they wanted to then it was for me to a control freak and ask for certain loop numbers. LOL It is not easy to give up the control.

I think as long as I don't have yappy dogs during the night, I will be better able to handle barking dogs during the day. Sleepy Mommy is Grumpy Bug Mommy. Actually, we have a family of Grumpy Bugs when we are sleep deprived. :rofl2: By the end of two weeks, you all will want to squash us.

Rare to get any yappy dogs during the night since most yap when their people aren't there.

>...It was more important to my kids to be able fish if they wanted to then it was for me to a control freak and ask for certain loop numbers. LOL It is not easy to give up the control.

Good mommy!! And I know how hard it is not to control everything, but trust me... it's a lot more fun at the Fort and WDW in general if you "go with the flo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ow"...

6352001427_319edab967_b.jpg

(might be my all-time favorite WDW show musical number!)

Dogs are usually pretty quiet at night.

Everyone usually does a good job of picking up after thier pets. You might step in deer droppings if your not careful...but usually not doggie pooh.

If you're at the North End of the campground the noises are usually... 1) Magic Kingdom Fireworks, 2) That obnoxious boat thing that goes around the lake with the lights and music, 3) The clip-clop of horses drawing a wagon...

If you're at the South End of the campground the noises are usually... 1) Epcot Fireworks, and 2) Magic Kingdom Fireworks... I think you can hear them both pretty well from the South part of the park.

If you're up past midnight...you might catch the occaisional hiccup...as my wife and I pedal back from the Outpost bus stop on our bikes...after a night at Ragland Road :) whoopee!!! ---- shush...let's try to be very, very quiet :doublebeer:

Almost forgot...stay away from the bus stops. They run pretty late...and everytime they stop they kneel...which gives off that obnoxious BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP...noise. Years ago we stayed in a tent loop near one...it almost drove me MAD!

....a popup next to us that crated their dogs outside the camper when they weren't there...

That's a big no-no!

• All pets must be kept on a handheld leash that is 6 feet or shorter or confined in the interior of the owner's personal recreational vehicle. For pop-ups and tents, pets must be secured in a container, such as a portable cage or kennel.

It's funny... I think Ft. Wilderness must change their pet policy all the time. We bought our 5th wheel because at one time they changed the policy to prohibit pets unless you had a "hard sided" camper with air conditioning. Maybe they change it with the seasons...I haven't been wary to the changes over the years. We would take our Samoyed tent camping with us. We had a crate in the tent...but I normally stayed around the campground with him...while my wife did the parks. Believe me...I wouldn't tent camp with my DOGs when it's hot... If they're uncomfortable --- more than likely I would be uncomfortable too. I know that doesn't stop folks from doing it. I've seen the tent loops packed in August --- when it feels like 98 degrees even in the middle of the night. Now those are some tough campers there!! We would normally curtail the tent camping between May-November...because it's just so darn hot down here in South Florida. Now with a 5th wheel...we camp EVERY month in the year!

It's been my experience that the rule enforcement is very lax. I can't tell you how many pets are on 20' leads, or owner's set up outdoor runs for them. I thought somewhere it said up to two pets...I can't tell you how many runs I've seen with SIX at a time. (maybe they converted for weight??? Six little dogs weight less than my Two big dogs???) :)

That's a big no-no!

• All pets must be kept on a handheld leash that is 6 feet or shorter or confined in the interior of the owner's personal recreational vehicle. For pop-ups and tents, pets must be secured in a container, such as a portable cage or kennel.

Oh it's a big no-no alright! It's also probably the rule I see broken most often. Last year there was a perfectly nice, hard-side camper parked in 300 that regularly crated their small dogs outside when they were gone. Made no sense to me at all. The dogs were quiet, likely no one even noticed they were there, but still. What's the point of that?

It's been my experience that the rule enforcement is very lax. I can't tell you how many pets are on 20' leads, or owner's set up outdoor runs for them. I thought somewhere it said up to two pets...I can't tell you how many runs I've seen with SIX at a time. (maybe they converted for weight???

The one rule that has changed the most in recent years it the "hard side camper" rule. Latest incarnation is no dogs in tents (period); popups are ok if they're equipped with a/c.

I've never seen a limit on the number of dogs in the rules - at least not in the past 6 or 8 years. And yeah, I've seen people with entire packs of dogs - and not always small ones! We once ran into 2 women at the dog park with 6 corgis, and someone posted a photo not too long ago of an extended family group walking about 7 or 8 dogs of varying sizes/types.

We've *only* got 3. Although at times they have enough energy for about 12! :rofl2:

And I'll take a pack of well-behaved dogs over one yapper any day of the week. ;)

It all comes to bad dog owners. Now there are many multiple dog owners that do the right thing its the bad ones that make it look bad for all!

Bingo!