CKCK "Photos and Thoughts" trip report, 2/11-2/16

Outstanding TR! All topics are right on point.

-I am Pro Turkeys at the Fort - My puppy likes to protect us from them and it makes him feel like he's the Alpha Dog. :)

-I am "kind of" Pro Horses at the Fort - I like them personally, but my puppy thinks they are really big dogs. So it kind of diminshes the feeling he gets from my first point above

-I am Pro Jasmine - I'm not going to comment here, I just am.

-I am Pro Living with the Land - While the subject matter is great, I like the ride for other reasons. It forces me to slow down and smell the roses (or whatever else is being grown there). I can really enjoy what we have done as a family, or what fun is looming on the horizon. It's great to look over at my kids and see them taking in all that Disney has to offer.

-I am Pro CKCK - KCKC doesn't seem to flow as well, but is better than XQJV.

-I am Pro St. Louis Blues - The Rams and SLU are fine St. Louis Area institutions, but hockey is where it's at for me.

-I am Anti $2.75 cokes - I guess it's better than them trying to charge $2.76, but they still won't get my cash.

-I AM PRO CKCK TRs - Job well done!!!!!!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am just :heart:ing this TR! Great photos. (and descriptive details of Hector and crew) A few comments... 1. Practicing handbells? Why not? My DD brings her fife everywhere.... My DS12 uses the

Just caught up with your last update....bravo!! Really enjoyed the report. And I'm really wondering they are up to near the dock. If they removed all those azaleas and the larger bushes, ya gotta think they have something planned. Did Bob purchase a permanent, DVC campsite right there along the water for his exclusive use??

Just caught up with your last update....bravo!! Really enjoyed the report. And I'm really wondering they are up to near the dock. If they removed all those azaleas and the larger bushes, ya gotta think they have something planned. Did Bob purchase a permanent, DVC campsite right there along the water for his exclusive use??

I was thinking that might do something too, but after going over there with Carol today, it looks like they might be done. They did add a bunch of small shrubs where the azaleas were, but is looks a little bare.

Just seeing this but love it! It makes me so excited for our trip. DS will turn 3 the day before we come, so I see similarities in him and your CUTE, CUTE daughters. I totally agree with you about people giving up seats for people holding kids. Jerks! Awesome pictures. I feel like I'm there.

PS- I see you're a Dawg! Do you guys ever tailgate in Athens? We're season ticket holders and LOVE the RV lot.

CK2-

I was traveling a couple of days last week, and I missed the end of your report!

But I am caught up now!

Great job!

Outstanding!

The photos are great, but the writing is even better.

And, to TnBob- good job on noting the work done around the dock.

And, that work was done very recently.

This is a photo I took in January:

IMG_3142.jpg

And, this is CK2's photo:

6899747747_29e5d889b3.jpg

Not only were the two large bushes near the dock removed, they also removed all of the azleas along the water.

TCD

Thanks! And I'm liking the CK squared. Wish I was smart enough to figure out how to do the little 2.

Outstanding TR! All topics are right on point.

-I am Pro Turkeys at the Fort - My puppy likes to protect us from them and it makes him feel like he's the Alpha Dog. :)

-I am "kind of" Pro Horses at the Fort - I like them personally, but my puppy thinks they are really big dogs. So it kind of diminshes the feeling he gets from my first point above

-I am Pro Jasmine - I'm not going to comment here, I just am.

-I am Pro Living with the Land - While the subject matter is great, I like the ride for other reasons. It forces me to slow down and smell the roses (or whatever else is being grown there). I can really enjoy what we have done as a family, or what fun is looming on the horizon. It's great to look over at my kids and see them taking in all that Disney has to offer.

-I am Pro CKCK - KCKC doesn't seem to flow as well, but is better than XQJV.

-I am Pro St. Louis Blues - The Rams and SLU are fine St. Louis Area institutions, but hockey is where it's at for me.

-I am Anti $2.75 cokes - I guess it's better than them trying to charge $2.76, but they still won't get my cash.

-I AM PRO CKCK TRs - Job well done!!!!!!!

Thanks! I'm pro all of those too!

:thumbsup2: GREAT Trip Report!!

Thanks!

Thanks! I enjoyed you reading it!

I think I am anti-azalea removal. :(

Great report CKCK!!!! :yay:

I am also anti-azalea removal. Hopefully they had a good reason.

Thanks!

Just seeing this but love it! It makes me so excited for our trip. DS will turn 3 the day before we come, so I see similarities in him and your CUTE, CUTE daughters. I totally agree with you about people giving up seats for people holding kids. Jerks! Awesome pictures. I feel like I'm there.

PS- I see you're a Dawg! Do you guys ever tailgate in Athens? We're season ticket holders and LOVE the RV lot.

Thanks! Both my girls LOVE it. I'm sure your little guy will also!

We went to one game this year. It was the usc game so I try to block it out of my mind. We took our TT on its inaugural trip there. Which rv lot are you in? We are cheap and did one on the north side of downtown by the old train station that I nevere knew existed. it was fine, but kind of dead.

Go Dawgs!

We're in the RV lot on North Campus. It's between the Blind Pig and downtown. We form an awning tunnel with a dozen or so RVs, great group of folks. The university took it over this past season, so we're hoping they don't kick us out or make the price even more crazy.

Yeah, I'd like to forget that game too, especially because my Gamecock cousin was there to rub it in.

We're in the RV lot on North Campus. It's between the Blind Pig and downtown. We form an awning tunnel with a dozen or so RVs, great group of folks. The university took it over this past season, so we're hoping they don't kick us out or make the price even more crazy.

Yeah, I'd like to forget that game too, especially because my Gamecock cousin was there to rub it in.

If the university took it over then you know Adams will find a way to screw it up. Probably turn it in to a parking deck.