Can someone PLEASE explain to me:

Hhow the same dog that insists on laying beside you on the floor when watching TV curls up in a nice tight ball YET when you let her sleep with you, takes up half of a king size bed? The middle half at that too!

So much for being nice before sending her to jail.

Well Savannah is eating, and I finalizing some packing. Then off to drop her off, a few last items we need then we are off!!!

Hoping to be on the road by 1100 at the latest!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For TJ

Sounds like you two had a blast. Don't forget to take a good pic of Jr winning the 500 for me.

About Tickets:

You can get tickets from most tracks directly. That is our how we got ours the first year back in 06. After you purchase the first year, you have renewal rights for the following year for those seats/locations. Once you renew, you can also upgrade if you desire to another location if it is available. Most tracks have a renewal period, upgrade period, then all leftover tickets go on sale to the general public. So realistically, someone returning has an advantage over renewals.

Now with that said, it dosen't hurt to call the track's ticket office to see if anything is available already. I've known of tickets being available before annoiunced to the general public.

Camping:

You have on track and off track. A good rule of thumb is on track is more epensive, and more regimented. Not always true, just a rule of thumb. I found a good source of information is LaidBack Racing dot com. I'm sure there are other sources for offsite camping as well.

We have always stayed off site, but seeing some of Pixi's posts that might change.

If you want any info on Daytona, Darlington or Charlotte I might be able to help.

Camping:

You have on track and off track. A good rule of thumb is on track is more epensive, and more regimented. Not always true, just a rule of thumb. I found a good source of information is LaidBack Racing dot com. I'm sure there are other sources for offsite camping as well.

Just to add to that. We always stay off-site. Race day becomes VERY long and tiring (especially for the July race in Daytona, when it's 110 degrees on track) so for us, it's nice to know we can go a couple miles down the road and get a little peace and quiet to unwind. Usually cheaper rates, with all the ammenities of a campground, and much more diverse, less expensive, food and beer choices along the way.

Genia, get your ass in gear and get on the road!! :shortbus:

About Tickets:

You can get tickets from most tracks directly. That is our how we got ours the first year back in 06. After you purchase the first year, you have renewal rights for the following year for those seats/locations. Once you renew, you can also upgrade if you desire to another location if it is available. Most tracks have a renewal period, upgrade period, then all leftover tickets go on sale to the general public. So realistically, someone returning has an advantage over renewals.

Now with that said, it dosen't hurt to call the track's ticket office to see if anything is available already. I've known of tickets being available before annoiunced to the general public.

Camping:

We have always stayed off site, but seeing some of Pixi's posts that might change.

If you want any info on Daytona, Darlington or Charlotte I might be able to help.

Ha Ha Ha!!! I can help with Daytona, Charlotte & Dover if you want to camp at the track ;) Infield may cost more but is worth it :)

Just to add to that. We always stay off-site. Race day becomes VERY long and tiring (especially for the July race in Daytona, when it's 110 degrees on track) so for us, it's nice to know we can go a couple miles down the road and get a little peace and quiet to unwind. Usually cheaper rates, with all the ammenities of a campground, and much more diverse, less expensive, food and beer choices along the way.

Genia, get your ass in gear and get on the road!! :shortbus:

If you stay in the infield you can set up your own Pool!!! we did :)

On the first morning the Devil created coffee.

77512a4c.jpg

Had a great time last night around the bond fire. So far Deleware, Georgia, Washington, Florida, NJ, and SC have represented.

The Port was good, but now is gone.

4 days 2 hours!!!!

:jumpforjoy Can't wait..if I survive tomorrow with Genia.

BTW, don't be servin me no stinkin coffee! Was that bottle of port to blame for the text at 10:30 last night? Surprise, I was in bed so didn't get it until this morning.

Ok let's recap last night. Beer, port, mixed drinks, bond fire and one already reported by loudmouth munchkin dwunk test.

Today, bfast, relax, flea market for my bright, beautiful loud yellow KB shirt.

ca35e118.jpg

Bacon, sausage, Tators with okra and peppers.

Now grilling some burgers (well tony is) and having a drink after several rounds of water and G2.