I'm going to try to document our Daytona 500 trip this year. Next year if the schedule is similar, we may add in the Fort on the front end of the trip.

Note: There will be alcohol and food pics involved in this report at some point, so if you are anti-lush be warned. If you are pro-beer join the party.

This will be our 7th year strait at the 500. The first 3 years we were tent campers, and this will be the 4th year with our RV. Sometimes, I miss the simplicity of the tents, until I need to potty or want AC, then that split second thought goes out the window.

Additionally, I hope to meet up with a fellow Fiend on Thursday or lunch. If we aren't arrested or kill each other that may appear on the TR. If this TR goes silent as of Thursday, you know to see above for the reason. And to entice the munchkin, the last pic has her name on it. However, I am NOT responsible for any subsequent actions.

Preperations so far:

5bfb4ce5.jpg

a1ecfff8.jpg

2a2071c5.jpg

Most of the food stores are frozen. So pics will be provided as we cook.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For TJ

Sounds like you two had a blast. Don't forget to take a good pic of Jr winning the 500 for me.

Beer, food, liqueur & racing! Don't get any better than that! :jumpforjoy

Meeting a fellow fiend?!?! Be careful, some of them can be drunk, unruly and foul mouthed. I've even heard some of them prefer being naked. Sounds like trouble brewing!

Beer, food, liqueur & racing! Don't get any better than that! :jumpforjoy

Meeting a fellow fiend?!?! Be careful, some of them can be drunk, unruly and foul mouthed. I've even heard some of them prefer being naked. Sounds like trouble brewing!

I don't know if that is a good thing. I read on another thread that pics may show up for blackmail.

Well, we thought we leave tomorrow afternoon, but it may be the original Wednesday morning.

First thing tomorrow morning Savannah goes to jail the kennel her spa and then we need to finish packing. We have promised each other not to rush through the packing this time...HA!

Today's goals is to get the RV packed with everything except some food stores and clothes. And of course do laundry to make sure I have all my Kyle clothing clean.

715cda13.jpg

1741f7d6.jpg

a6a9a99b.jpg

All I have to say about the above, is it is FLIPPIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! It isn't sold in stores, since it isn't pasturized and made with real lemons and sugar. So once opened you have to keep it in the fridge or freezer. We haven't run into a storage problem yet. Firefly is trying to get the receipe to where they can distribure, but not there yet. This vodka is 40% alcohol and honestly, you don't taste the alcohol. You can sip this stuff strait up and not know what you are drinking. Rhut Rho is right.

I'm a homer here, but if you are ever in Charleston, and have transportation, I highly reecommend a tour of the Distiller and vineyards. They make a Muscadine wine there too, that isn't to sweet for my liking. I prefer dry reds, and I think I could drink some of these.

Off the support the local economy soapbox now.

And so far the following are are on the menu at some point:

B-Fast is always sausages, BACON, tators, peppers and sometimes okra.

Lunchses will be brats, andouli dogs, homemade pork/beef burgers seasoned up, and maybe a ham/turkey sammy.

Dinners: Steak, Pork Chops, Crawfish/Shrimp Boil with corn and tator, Seafood Boil with corn/tators/sausage.

We will grill out some asparagus, zukes, corn, brussels throughout too to get some veggies in us.

Drinks: Coffee, Water, G2 (once again Toast to the inventor of G2), Pepsi One.

And we may take in a race or two.

I'll be riding along on your trip!

I have never been to the Daytona 500, and I know nothing about how one tent camps or gets an RV site there.

Since you have been for 7 straight years, I would love to hear the details about how one goes about reserving a site and getting tickets, just in case anyone reading along ever thinks about going.

Have a great trip!

TCD

The best part about all that booze?

If the race sucks, you won't really give a damn!

The food sounds yummy, why are we having lunch at a restaurant???

I will wait for some SC cooking in October...please don't forget my fried green maters. :clint:

I have some gifts for you too.........do you have any spare batteries in the rv?

Kidding!!

They are all race/public/Stef friendly! :)

Have I told you I'm excited?

to meet Tony

:hah:

Yippee, we are out of here tomorrow!!!!! :batman:

Got to get to Savannah boarded in the AM, then finish packing and then we are on the road,. :flush2:

Doing my happy dance..... :banana: :banana: :jumpforjoy

The best part about all that booze?

Is there a bad part?

If the race sucks, you won't really give a damn!

There is that

The food sounds yummy, why are we having lunch at a restaurant???

Cause you are bossy and said so.

I will wait for some SC cooking in October...please don't forget my fried green maters. :clint:

Noted, Done, Yes Dear.

I have some gifts for you too.........do you have any spare batteries in the rv?

Why Yes I do.

Kidding!!

Spoil Sport

They are all race/public/Stef friendly! :)

Is there such a thing?

Have I told you I'm excited?

to meet Tony

:hah:

Takes a short one to meet a short one.