What a crazy night! Wrecks are always expected at Daytona, but never thought it would involve a jet dryer. I was amazed that it took so long for a fire truck to get out there. I was more concerned with the jet dryer driver than Juan. I bet that poor guy pooped his pants.

Glad Jimmie was more shook-up than hurt. It could have been much worse. Gotta love Sadler's "enthusiasm" on lap 2. :banghead:

I did lol at Jr. on the radio immediately after that debacle.

In my best redneck accent: "Tell that 33 I don't want to be pushed, and make sure he knows that!"

The Jr lovers will be happy to hear that I was pulling for him. He was the only one at the end able to give Rick his 200th win. Biffle really took the term team mate to a whole new level, Jr tried pushing him past Kenseth a few times and he wasn't having it. I would have liked to see Jr push them both to the front and the two of them duel it out on the last lap. He gave it his best shot, just a little short.

Happy we got to see a full race, happy that it's over and most importantly happy that no one was seriously hurt. On to Phoenix............

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For TJ

Sounds like you two had a blast. Don't forget to take a good pic of Jr winning the 500 for me.

Now we get some real race'n, at least 'til "Dega"... Did I mention I HATE restrictor racing?

I have a love/hate relationship with restrictor racing....love the speeds, hate the packs. Hated the 2 car draft and prefer to see the packs, but as we saw numerous times in the last week, all it takes is one squirrel to wreck a bunch of good cars. Just no where to go in such tight quarters.

Looking forward to some "driving" tracks. Shoot...now I'm agreeing with Gary too?! :banghead:

:rofl2:

Steph and I agreed twice on text today. We're both going out for lotto tix. One other thing I forgot to mention is the track workers are awesome for getting the green flag dropped again. The drivers were bitching but hey for what they had I think it was great.

Genia we were right next to the tunnel in turn 1 and we were on 95 so fast you'd have thought I was driving in the truck series.

Also, what the hell does it take 5 laps to cleam up after a car spins with no damage? Too many laps get eaten up under caution.

Genia we were right next to the tunnel in turn 1 and we were on 95 so fast you'd have thought I was driving in the truck series.

Glad for you!

I'm wondering how traffic on 95 North is today.

We left out of the cow pasture around 0700 Monday morning and was lucky, except for rain a few slow downs on the way home.

I imagine with all the other traffic on 95 today, maybe not as much.

Also, it took us 2 hours to get back to the camper after the rain was called Sunday with DIS's usually flawed bus mgt. We should have walked around the airport back to the cow pasture.

Steph and I agreed twice on text today. We're both going out for lotto tix. One other thing I forgot to mention is the track workers are awesome for getting the green flag dropped again. The drivers were bitching but hey for what they had I think it was great.

Also, what the hell does it take 5 laps to cleam up after a car spins with no damage? Too many laps get eaten up under caution.

5 laps @ 1 min 25 sec per caution lap X $150,000/min commercial plus DW yappin. DO THE MATH. Man, I loved the Bill France NASCAR!!!!!

Will wonders never cease, I agree with Donnie, a car spins and it takes forever to get the race going again. I have seen the same thing on small tracks when NASCAR sancions a race. Usually it takes a lap maybe two to get going again, when NASCAR is running the show its min 5 laps sometimes 8 to get going again, and no one knows why. People that attend short tracks get riled up when the cars are circling the track all lined up ready to go and the yellow stays on lap after lap, in a short race 30 - 40 laps it makes a big difference in the outcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to this report!! Looks like awesome fun!!!

I have camped in Talledega's infield a couple of times, just not during a race, (Scouts) but I can see where infield camping during a race could be a BLAST!!!

Thanks Carol! :wave1: We had an AWESOME time! :jumpforjoy

Of course we can't wait to do it again next year. Without the rain.... :rofl2: :flush2:

I'm sure the infied is great to see the race, but camping outside of the track is good too. Just depends on what you are looking for. :clint:

We had an AWESOME time!

Yes we did! Wait, this isn't my report? Too bad, I did sort of hijack it! :10220:

How else would we have proof of you "holding me?" I'm not usually that easy ya know!

FYI, I will be outside of the track where there is some quiet, cable tv, A/C and shitter/shower. But maybe I'll stop by and say Hi to Tiny. :clint:

I just want to say thanks to everyone that posted. I had a hard time getting a decent, reliable ATT signal while at the track. Some may say that since Sprint sponsors the circuit that is the reason. I say ATT sux!

So it is a late and overdue shoutout, but I do appreciate all yall that followed along.

The next NASCAR installment will be 4/15 for the Bristol Truck Race week-end.

And after meeting Stef, I can't imagine what it will be like in October with everyone else around. OH MY!!!!!

Yes we did! Wait, this isn't my report? Too bad, I did sort of hijack it! :10220:

How else would we have proof of you "holding me?" I'm not usually that easy ya know!

FYI, I will be outside of the track where there is some quiet, cable tv, A/C and shitter/shower. But maybe I'll stop by and say Hi to Tiny. :clint:

Inside has Cable, AC, and I can use my shitter & Shower at leisure.. not all infield camping is crappy!! LOL

I just want to say thanks to everyone that posted. I had a hard time getting a decent, reliable ATT signal while at the track. Some may say that since Sprint sponsors the circuit that is the reason. I say ATT sux!

So it is a late and overdue shoutout, but I do appreciate all yall that followed along.

The next NASCAR installment will be 4/15 for the Bristol Truck Race week-end.

And after meeting Stef, I can't imagine what it will be like in October with everyone else around. OH MY!!!!!

Well it's not just ATT that has issues at the track its verizon also.. we have sprint so we have wonderful coverage at all tracks ;)