Old pics of the Fort, River Country, etc.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And this one again pretty similar. I think I must have been taking them side by side, for kind of a panorama. I know this was the exit for I believe, Raft Rider Ridge. And here we have a picture o

I'm guess somewhere near where Splash and Big Thunder are now (but before those attractions were built)??

You got it! Big Thunder Mountain was there, I remember riding it. I think they were just beginning to build Splash Mountain. So this was the train station, right around where Splash Mountain stands now. I wish I had taken more pictures. You never think things are going to change, but they do.

Wow, I feel privileged to have TCD comment on my pictures!! I love looking at all your pictures and honestly, it was your trip reports that inspired me to go dig up these old photos. I love that you take pictures of things that most of us would just rush right by, not even really seeing what's there. I just look back on what I have and wish I had taken so many more (of course these were the days of film, one was less inclined to take so many pictures).

Oh, please, there is no reason for you to feel privileged. I'm just another Fiend.

I hear you about the film. When my girls were young, we visited WDW and the Fort quite a bit, and we usually had a camera along. But, we didn't take that many photos, and the ones we did take show the girls but not much else. I never thought about taking photos of things without the family in them. I have a few photos of my girls at River Country when the were very little. But, you can't even tell that they are at River Country. They could be playing in any water.

Thanks so much for those River Country photos. Believe it or not, almost everything depicted in your photos is still there. It sure would be interesting to have some "now" photos taken from the same spots. Maybe I will need to do something about that.

TCD

Thanks so much for those River Country photos. Believe it or not, almost everything depicted in your photos is still there. It sure would be interesting to have some "now" photos taken from the same spots. Maybe I will need to do something about that.

TCD

You just put a reeeeeealy big smile on my face!

TCD

That would be cool! And is that something you would do, or would it call for a visit from Yuri?

• 3 weeks later...

finding this site has made me want to go to my mums and dig out all our old wdw vacation photos as well... i know we have tons from the fort from the late 80s to the early to mid nineties including a treasure map my step dad had made when his kids were little before he and my mom got together some where on fort wilderness is a tin lunch box filled with tons of stuff i think including money and he buried it some where on the fort and created a treasure map for his kids to find but they never did... im sure its long gone by now but its cool to think about specially since he passed away 4 years ago and he was one that i always could connect with about wdw

thanks for posting these!

Jill

finding this site has made me want to go to my mums and dig out all our old wdw vacation photos as well... i know we have tons from the fort from the late 80s to the early to mid nineties including a treasure map my step dad had made when his kids were little before he and my mom got together some where on fort wilderness is a tin lunch box filled with tons of stuff i think including money and he buried it some where on the fort and created a treasure map for his kids to find but they never did... im sure its long gone by now but its cool to think about specially since he passed away 4 years ago and he was one that i always could connect with about wdw

thanks for posting these!

Jill

Oh my gosh, that lunch box must be found! It sounds like a job for TCD!!

Seriously, I would love to see those pictures. I found this site recently also and it made me go dig out my pictures. I have a friend that used to go back in the 70's with her family and I am tempted to ask for her pictures, haha! I also have a video somewhere of our first trip. I really need to go find that.

Where on the south shore did you grow up?

Oh my gosh, that lunch box must be found! It sounds like a job for TCD!!

Seriously, I would love to see those pictures. I found this site recently also and it made me go dig out my pictures. I have a friend that used to go back in the 70's with her family and I am tempted to ask for her pictures, haha! I also have a video somewhere of our first trip. I really need to go find that.

Where on the south shore did you grow up?

I grew up in Freetown which is near Fall River no one has ever heard of freetown...

My mom's a snow bird now (she has a house in Nakomis Fl) so when she comes home in May I will most definitely be spending some time in the basement sorting through old family photos

If I remember correctly its off the beach where there use to be a walking trail... but other then that I can't remember much more then that so a hunting I will go for that treasure map

More great pics, Todd!

dvccamper and DoctorDalek -

First rule of Fight Club FF.net...

If you have old WDW, Fort or River Country pics, you MUST share them under pain of death!!

:mort1:

Ok, I'm not sure that's really the first rule, but I'm pretty sure it's in the top 10. 8)

I think the first rule is "don't question Lou's street cred."

More great pics, Todd!

dvccamper and DoctorDalek -

First rule of Fight Club FF.net...

If you have old WDW, Fort or River Country pics, you MUST share them under pain of death!!

:mort1:

Ok, I'm not sure that's really the first rule, but I'm pretty sure it's in the top 10. 8)

I think the first rule is "don't question Lou's street cred."

Well I guess I could break into my mom's house I'm sure I could blame it on a bugler... I promise I will share my photos I just have to find them first....

And I would NEVER question Lou's street cred

I grew up in Freetown which is near Fall River no one has ever heard of freetown...

I have heard of Freetown! I went to Bridgewater State with a kid from Freetown. His name was Tim, I can't for the life of me remember his last name.

Discamper, I like your pictures. Where did you take the one of the picture of Walt Disney?