February family time at the Fort

I agree with you on the GAG biscuits. The last time we got them they were hard and cold. -_-

Great fireworks over the castle pictures!!!

Congrats on the booked cruise, I'll be looking forward to that report also.

Let's get started on Day 3. This was our first solo day. The in-laws left around 11am and we went to MK shortly after.

It must be nice to be a Disney bird.

DSC_0888.jpg

DSC_0894.jpg

DSC_0897.jpg

DSC_0900.jpg

Some island clearing. Will have more pictures later.

DSC_0905.jpg

DSC_0906.jpg

I get impatient during this stretch

DSC_0908.jpg

DSC_0909.jpg

DSC_0914.jpg

DSC_0915.jpg

DSC_0917.jpg

So the boat docks, we wait for bag check, find an empty turnstile, and...

DSC_0918.jpg

I left my ticket in my shorts from the day before. I don't usually keep it there and I've never made this mistake before. Grrr :banghead: I think we could have returned to the site and gotten back before I made it through this line.

This group of girls walked by. Their matching shirts said "so-and-so's Sweet 16" Wow, let's see MTV beat that!

DSC_0919.jpg

We didn't accomplish a lot during this MK visit. After my line ordeal, I was stressed. We rode the train, something we rarely experience.

DSC_0921.jpg

DSC_0924.jpg

DSC_0926.jpg

DSC_0927.jpg

DSC_0929.jpg

A lot of construction happening throughout

DSC_0937.jpg

DSC_0938.jpg

DSC_0939.jpg

DSC_0940.jpg

DSC_0959.jpg

We couldn't decide what to eat and just started walking. Not the best idea in the heat of the day!

DSC_0941.jpg

DSC_0942.jpg

DSC_0943.jpg

DSC_0945.jpg

We decided to try Liberty Tree Tavern. We had about a 15min wait

DSC_0947.jpg

DSC_0948.jpg

DSC_0949.jpg

DSC_0950.jpg

Overall our experience wasn't awful. Skip the water and splurge for a soda. I had the turkey and DH had the roast. Our meals tasted like the Hormel boxed dinners from therefrigerated meat section of a grocery store. Not horrible but not worth $40. Disney dining at its best, am I right??

Next door we completed our last attraction to do in MK.

DSC_0951.jpg

DSC_0953.jpg

I guess our trips to the local gun range have paid off---DH let me try a shot and you'll be proud to know I was 1/1!

It was hot, crowded, and we just felt run down. So after the train, fine dining, and shooting, we headed back to the Fort.

DSC_0958.jpg

The dirt pile behind the palm tree is where the new GF DVC will go.

DSC_0964.jpg

DSC_0963.jpg

DSC_0967.jpg

Just like WBI, I don't know why they were clearing.

DSC_0969.jpg

DSC_0972.jpg

DSC_0973.jpg

DSC_0975.jpg

Great update. Love your pop-up!

I too get impatient in the "no wake zone" while riding the boat. Don't they understand I just wanna get to the Magic Kingdom?!? :jumpforjoy

DH went back to the camper to nap and I drove over to DTD for a few hours of retail therapy, picked up some Earl to take back for dinner, and..

photo5.jpg

I could really go for another one right NOW! The waffle cones are so fresh and wonderful.

We headed back to MK around 7 and stayed till midnight.

DSC_0978.jpg

DSC_0979.jpg

DSC_0983.jpg

DSC_0985.jpg

DSC_0986.jpg

We did Splash 3 times in a row--that's a bit much in one sitting. For some reason DH wanted to do Stitch. Marriage is about compromise so there we were. It wasn't as bad as I remembered; I still hate the shoulder restraints though.

We went on the People Mover and the lights were on, meaning Space Mountain is broken.

DSC_0997.jpg

DSC_0999.jpg

DSC_1002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

Some quality control is missing in Tomorrowland---it's February!

DSC_0013.jpg

We watched Wishes from the Tomorrowland bridge, rode the carrousel and Small World before heading over to Liberty Square to find a spot for the 11pm parade and get my hands on one of these babies

photo11.jpg

I would blame Stef for planting the idea but I have to thank her because it was wonderful. Difficult to eat but worth it!

Here was our parade spot. I snapped each float but I'll spare you. I don't know when I'll see this parade again.

DSC_0017.jpg

Two floats were missing--Tink opening the parade and the patriotic ending.

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

I found this beauty while uploading the pictures. "No pictures of my woman"

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

Great pics!! Sorry it was a frustrating day for you!!

The rest of the evening was much better. We got the heat grumps during the day (and the snacks didn't hurt!)

Great update. Love your pop-up!

I too get impatient in the "no wake zone" while riding the boat. Don't they understand I just wanna get to the Magic Kingdom?!? :jumpforjoy

I know! Silly saftey rules and water bridges.

Sorry you were disappointed with LTT! I had lunch there a couple weeks ago, and it was exceptional. Great service and wonderful food.

Our service was quick and great. I'm sure the food would have tasted much better on a dining plan where I didn't think about the cost haha

Cool report so far. I am enjoying the pictures (dreaming of our future trip).

Thanksgiving? Wonderful, I hope it works out! Fall really is the best time to visit.

Great updates!

I didn't realize how much is under construction at the MK. What the heck are they doing to the bakery anyway? That faux wall has been up for a long time.

So, how was it camping in the camper after all of your tent trips?

TCD

I think repainting everything? I remember the Confectionary was under wraps last fall and had a nice touch up.

The camper was more comfortable and quicker for packing but feels cramped. We could leave our bags in the car and go back and forth--it'll take some time to get a good flow going, if that makes sense.

Great pic of the GF with the orange sky, palm trees and even the moon. Very nice!!

I forgot to mention that the nutella waffle is kind of messy. I found that if you cut it into fourths it's a bit more manageable. I still had nutella all over my hands and face but it was well worth it....both times! ^_^

Great report!

I just got caught up, I guess we just missed ya'll we left on the Monday when you checked-in.

It looks like ya'll had a great time!

Oh by the way the same thing happens to us at the parks, we get the heat and hunger grumps and then we can't decide where to eat, for some reason we always thing walking to the next place will be better. lol

Looking forward to more!

WBI

I have to share what I did today---I booked our third anniversary trip on the Disney Fantasy! We will be doing a 7 night Western Caribbean itinerary.

On some dates they are offering the restricted room categories and you can save a lot this way! The fare is non-refundable and you cannot select your room number, you are just guaranteed a room in whatever category you pick.

So if you're on the fence about a Disney cruise, look into this offer. Imagine going on a 7 night trip on a new ship (it doesn't launch till the end of this month) for less $$ than some of the rates for 4/5 nights on the Dream.

It should be a fun report to write :)

I forgot to comment on this.

Congratulations that sounds like a great anniversary!

I saw something about this offer recently but I didn't see where you could book it on DCL.com, did you have to go through a travel agent?

Thanks,

WBI

Great pic of the GF with the orange sky, palm trees and even the moon. Very nice!!

I forgot to mention that the nutella waffle is kind of messy. I found that if you cut it into fourths it's a bit more manageable. I still had nutella all over my hands and face but it was well worth it....both times! ^_^

Haha yes, I was messy! Was also sitting on the ground for a parade spot. Not a good seating arrangment but I'd do it all over again!

Great report!

I just got caught up, I guess we just missed ya'll we left on the Monday when you checked-in.

It looks like ya'll had a great time!

Oh by the way the same thing happens to us at the parks, we get the heat and hunger grumps and then we can't decide where to eat, for some reason we always thing walking to the next place will be better. lol

Looking forward to more!

WBI

Thanks for reading--let's see if we can finish up tonight!

What's with all you trip report writers posting pictures of waffles lately?? Don't you know you are making me hungry?!?

I'm hungry myself looking back at it. Maybe a new favorite WDW snack!

Ok, let's finish this up. Our last full day was a Friday. We had breakfast ADRs at Kona Cafe. This was a new restaurant for us and we give it an A!

The Poly was a host resort for the Princess Half Marathon. I'm staying at All Star Sports for my host resort in May :( At least I can always visit!

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

The french press Kona coffee was very smooth.

DSC_0096.jpg

And now the main event...I blame Dave for setting me up with this idea!

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

Afterwards we headed towards the outlets on I-Drive. 11am wasn't too bad crowd wise and we stayed for about 2 hours before coming back to grill hotdogs. Luckily our local outlets are getting a Columbia and Under Armour store this spring and it's only an hour away.

We hung around the Fort for the afternoon. I tried to kayak but the Bike Barn said they were missing plugs and would fill up with water?!? I'm not coordinated enough to solo canoe so once again I could not cross that off the list.

In the evening we went to Epcot for evening magic hours. We actually took the bus this time--I don't know what got into us, haha. The strong winds had closed the MK boats and many people were at the Outpost trying to figure out how to get to MK. The bus drivers told them no MK bus was coming and they would have to take a bus to the Settlement and transfer to the WL bus to catch a MK bus. I'm glad we had gotten our fill of MK this trip.

We mainly just wandered around Epcot. Visited the Seas for a little, the water was mildly cloudy. We saw the Circle of Life movie for the first time inside of The Land. It wasn't too bad, a little dated though. We rode Living with the Land. They have a new sponsor with new product placement signs.

They weren't allowing strollers to park here--it was nice to actually see the art designs.

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

A lot of areas in these rooms were sparse.

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

We hadn't watched the fireworks in a while--I'm not too wowed by this show, to tell you the truth

DSC_0121.jpg

We did Test Track and SSE before leaving at 11pm. We had a good bus experience for this visit---we may rely on them more on future trips.

The next morning was time to go :( I took the Jeep to fill up at the MK Hess station and we were all finished by 11:30. Not yet ready to leave, we drove to the WL for lunch.

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

For the full effect of our trip, this is what I worked on during the drive home. Sadly I've not had much time to pick it up since. It will eventually become a blanket -_-

photo21.jpg

And that's it! We have no plans for another trip at this time. I'll be down in May for the Everest 5k (with a friend, not DH) and our cruise on the Fantasy at the end of May. I'm looking into doing a race in Sept or Nov--we'll see.

Thanks for reading!!

I've never done the land at night, and I've also never seen some of the rooms so empty.

Great job on the report and the blanket-to-be. I don't have the talent or patience for that kind of thing.

Thanks for sharing another vacation!