Irish dancing squirrels eating bananas in the rain...or something like that

Sooooooo...Rita think I'm funny, so I guess I'll go on. Thanks Rita!!

So Saturday morning it was just beautiful. We did breakfast at camp and then walked over to the meadows trading post for coffee and to snoop around. I got my new mug, filled it with horrible coffee which I enjoyed anyways, and then I found this!! (I put the beer in it later. No, I do not walk around at 8 am with a beer...all the time :rofl2: )

3.jpg

The coolest Koozie Ive ever seen! Now, at this time I'd like to take a moment of silence in remembrance of my beloved koozie. I misplaced it somewhere in time between my visit with Oscar (a fellow fiend) that night, going to the fireworks at the beach, and returning to my camp. RIP dear koozie, you will be replaced but you will not be forgotten.

So then a visit to Bob's dock, and guess who was there!?!?! Not Bob! But for the first 5 minutes I was convinced that I was in the presence of who would be my first fiend encounter. I was so excited, it took all I had to say "are you bob?" Now from my previous post, you already know that this was in fact not Bob. DH was looking at me like I had two heads. Like, who's Bob? Why would this man be Bob? If you know a Bob, wouldn't you know whether or not this was him? Well, he said it wasn't him and I explained myself. So to the real Bob, I look forward to one day meeting you.

Then we let dd play on the playground awhile and then it was pool time. We got back from swimming and our new sign was displayed on our windshield!! We had had a delivery while we were gone!!! Yay!! And not 2 minutes later, we had a visitor with another special delivery

2.jpg

Yay!! It's Lou!! I followed orders and got a hug (two actually) and he was soooooo nice! :hugs2: <------- Hey Lou, there's us!

Anyways, he gave me my spike, which is so cool. I know that you guys aren't going to give these to just anybody, and I am glad that you have entrusted me with this privilege. And thank you to TCD for your hard work getting these, what a cool idea! :waycool: Who knew, there's a cool smiley.

So after Lou jumped our van b/c it was dead, thanks Lou!, he took this pic of our happy little family of bears with our new sign

1.jpg

We said our goodbyes and then not 5 minutes later, we get a visit from Jen, TJ, and Missy! I did not think to take a pic but we had a great little visit. It was so fun meeting you guys!! We talked a little about Stone Mountain, who knows, maybe we will find ourselves up there.

We also got to meet Karla and her hubby as well as Gwen and her hubby. You guys are ALL so sweet to come find us, we enjoyed each and every visit!

Well, that concludes our trip. We spent the night in torrential downpour, packed up in the rain, stopped off for some dole whip, and drove home. But we will be back in a few weeks. Hope to meet more of you then!

Cool report. Congratulations on the spike. I have to go find one this week. Did u miss the tt

We did miss the tt, we missed the pop up more. However, the tent was easier and more comfortable than I thought! If I upgrade from tent, it would be a pop up for sure. I missed the smells and noises when I was in the tt. Thanks for asking!

Awesome report!!!! You really do need to find that canopy for the EZ-UP. I would NEVER consider tent camping without it!!! Hope your next tent camping trip is drier!!!

Thanks!! Ya, we had bought the canopy on craigslist and the guy forgot to give us the cover. He brought it to us at our house yesterday though so it worked out :)

Great TR. Looking forward to your next one. Fiends like to have fun and sounds like you fit right in.

Cool report. Congratulations on the spike. I have to go find one this week. Did u miss the tt

If you post what site you are on the Spike Fairy might drop by and visit.

Loved the report!! Other than the rain it sounds like you had a magical time. Great score on the fiend meet and greets! You have met some fiends that I haven't even had the privilege of meeting yet, even if it wasn't Bob... I wish I lived close enough to go back so quickly. Maybe we'll meet you when we are there at the end of Sept.