David and Gwen Battle the Spring Break Crowds

That's what it's all about!!!

NO CAROL! Haven't you heard? The hokey pokey is what it's all about! :rofl2:

Thanks for another great update Gwen.

I love the truck!! We have a GMC and couldn't be happier with it.

I say go for it! It's only money, you can't take it with you. :)

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We interrupt this program to bring you a special report. Lou doesn't have a bald spot any more!

CCIntrigue, I like your pictures of the handprints. I have never taken the time to really look through that area so I don't know whose handprints are there!

It's interesting. Quite a few of the people who made the prints have since passed away.

Love the update!! I could spend LOTS of time in One Man's Dream!! That's what it's all about!!!

You and David ... I think he could spend all day there!

NO CAROL! Haven't you heard? The hokey pokey is what it's all about! :rofl2:

Thanks for another great update Gwen.

I love the truck!! We have a GMC and couldn't be happier with it.

I say go for it! It's only money, you can't take it with you. :)

Let's do the Hokey Pokey, let's do the Hokey Pokey!

Thanks for letting me know you like your truck! If it's only money, could you loan me some? Or better yet, give me some?

How could I forget!!!!! :rofl2: :rofl2:

Old age? That's my excuse!

Okay, now that the board is cooperating again, let's finish up our Monday morning!

Monday, March 12 – A Great Day! Part 2

More handprints at the Chinese Theater:

DSCN0574.jpg

DSCN0573.jpg

DSCN0572.jpg

DSCN0571.jpg

DSCN0570.jpg

DSCN0569.jpg

DSCN0568.jpg

DSCN0567.jpg

DSCN0566.jpg

DSCN0565.jpg

DSCN0564.jpg

DSCN0563.jpg

Did you see Alan Alda's nose print?

We walked through shops on the way out of the park. What will they think of next? Minnie Mouse dressed as Tinkerbell ?!?

DSCN0587.jpg

More DHS shots:

DSCN0583.jpg

DSCN0588.jpg

DSCN0586.jpg

DSCN0531.jpg

DSCN0530.jpg

DSCN0528.jpg

DSCN0527.jpg

Then we made our way out of DHS and went to return the rental car.

DSCN0591.jpg

Didn't have so much trouble finding the car this time. I loved the light poles in the parking lot:

DSCN0592.jpg

We went back to Dolly to take Kassie for a walk and Karla was gone! I was so disappointed! We talked the first day I arrived and then never saw each other again!

Next up -- stuffing ourselves at EPCOT.

Jeff, thanks for your suggestion. It's a good idea, but I'm not sure we'd trust this dealer to do the work. It's a tiny little dealership up in the mountains and they probably have no experience with this. It's worth asking, though.

Remember the connection for the Blue Ox to the truck is mainly a bolt on problem that the dealer should be able to handle. The dealer may also be able to run your auxilary lights (plug-in) cheaper. I know the Honda dealer in Florida knew nothing about how to install the Blue Ox (or they would have charged more). I think the hardest part is the bumper modifications for the Blue Ox pins/connection. Also do you have an breaking system for when you are towing?

Looks like a BEAUTIFUL morning!!! I think the handprints are cool!!

I know what ya mean about finding the car. I now send a text to Rick noting the row number!!!

Good idea!

Remember the connection for the Blue Ox to the truck is mainly a bolt on problem that the dealer should be able to handle. The dealer may also be able to run your auxilary lights (plug-in) cheaper. I know the Honda dealer in Florida knew nothing about how to install the Blue Ox (or they would have charged more). I think the hardest part is the bumper modifications for the Blue Ox pins/connection. Also do you have an breaking system for when you are towing?

GMC provides the bumper modifications and the tow loops from the factory, so that would save us about $500. The biggest expense would be the braking system. It's mandatory in NC, and the one we're looking at is over $1,000 without installation!

Oh and enjoying the pictures :)

Thanks!

Love the pictures!! Karla is allusive, we kept missing each other last Halloween too. :(

Thanks, Cherie! Sorry you had the same problem.

Monday, March 12 – A Great Day! Part 3

We went over to EPCOT for lunch at Les Chefs de France.

Rode the boat across the lake:

DSCN0604.jpg

DSCN0612.jpg

As always, we had a great meal there. We each got the price fixe

DSCN0635.jpg

DSCN0641.jpg

and a glass of Pierre Sparr Rieseling.

After the great bread (which I only nibbled on):

DSCN0627.jpg

David had the lobster bisque (wonderful):

DSCN0630.jpg

I had the French Onion Soup without the bread:

DSCN0631.jpg

Then David and I both had the Quiche Lorraine:

DSCN0632.jpg

For dessert David had the Creme Brulee:

DSCN0646.jpg

And I had something special just for me. Before ordering the price fixe (which clearly says "no substitutions") I explained to our server that I'd like to order it but that I don't eat anything with sugar or flour. He spoke to the chef, who agreed to make me this!

DSCN0645.jpg

It was delicious! Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. It was so huge that David had to help me eat it!

We had a visitor during lunch, but he just breezed through the dining area. Barely enough time for a photo and very little talking:

DSCN0640.jpg

Oh, well. We know his tricks anyway.

As we left the restaurant, the crowds were really picking up:

DSCN0649.jpg

We meandered around awhile and took more F&GF photos.

DSCN0694.jpg

DSCN0667.jpg

Is Goofy trying to bowl with a pot of petunias?

DSCN0665.jpg

DSCN0664.jpg

DSCN0663.jpg

DSCN0660.jpg

DSCN0659.jpg

Don't bother going into the Festival Center unless there is a scheduled activity going on. Otherwise there's nothing to see or do.

DSCN0658.jpg

Thankfully Tink's thighs weren't quite as big this year:

DSCN0657.jpg

DSCN0656.jpg

DSCN0655.jpg

DSCN0654.jpg

DSCN0653.jpg

DSCN0652.jpg

DSCN0650.jpg

More F&GF photos to come ... too many for one post.

DSCN0555.jpg

I was at property control a few months ago and they had this really beautiful desk for $20. It looked old, but was in great shape. It's cash and carry and I didn't have any way of taking it home. It was gone when I went back, of course.

After seeing this photo, I said that's it, well at least a copy of it. They must have made duplicates of it for some reason and didn't use it.

I was at property control a few months ago and they had this really beautiful desk for $20. It looked old, but was in great shape. It's cash and carry and I didn't have any way of taking it home. It was gone when I went back, of course.

After seeing this photo, I said that's it, well at least a copy of it. They must have made duplicates of it for some reason and didn't use it.

Wow, that was quite a bargain! Wouldn't it be great to have a duplicate of Walt's desk!

Great pictures and a yummy lunch!!! Rick doesn't really like Chef's de France, so I try and eat there when Im by myself.

Also, it seems like they planned better this year and finished the sand sculpture earlier. It seems like they were still working on it later in the month last year.

Okay, your pictures have convinced me to try France for lunch next visit. Your meals look sooo good!

It was! Give it a try! Out of all our dishes, I think the lobster bisque was the best.

Gwen asked if it's really sand and won't it wash away in a heavy rain.

I haven't seen it, but it looks like regular sand and it's not covered.

Lou, I'm thinking it's made from a mold with sand mixed with some kind of resin or polymer to make it hard and rainproof. Just my guess. Then they would set it in place and just sprinkle sand around the edges. It had rained heavily on it and the water didn't affect it. Or could they have really sculpted it from sand and then sprayed some kind of waterproof topping on it?

I will have to remember to ask next time I want dessert (which doesn't happen often). I would much rather have fresh fruit instead of a heavy sweet dessert.

I'm really enjoying your TR!!

Thanks for reading along, Cherie. That bowl of fruit was the perfect ending to the meal.

Great pictures and a yummy lunch!!! Rick doesn't really like Chef's de France, so I try and eat there when Im by myself.

Also, it seems like they planned better this year and finished the sand sculpture earlier. It seems like they were still working on it later in the month last year.

Last year we there in May, and of course everything was in place. It was fun to see it all being set up this year.

Everyone have a great day! We're headed out of town to see the one grandchild we didn't get to visit with last Saturday. I'll try to post another installment later today.

Wow. Looking at this little by little when I have time. It's an amazing TR. Gwen you are a fabulous photographer. I'm enjoying it all. Luv it

Mikmouse, thank you! So glad you are enjoying it! I'm gonna try to get another update posted in just a few minutes.

Monday, March 12 – A Great Day! Part 4

More F&GF photos:

DSCN0622.jpg

DSCN0603.jpg

DSCN0602.jpg

DSCN0597.jpg

DSCN0596.jpg

DSCN0599copy.jpg

I saw this shirt in MouseGear and debated getting it for Cailyn. I wish had bought it. Poor girl, with three brothers I'm sure she feels this way sometimes!

DSCN0623.jpg

We rode Spaceship Earth:

DSCN0672.jpg

DSCN0674.jpg

DSCN0675.jpg

DSCN0676.jpg

DSCN0678.jpg

DSCN0679.jpg

DSCN0680.jpg

DSCN0681.jpg

DSCN0683.jpg

And then we made our way back to the fort. Our view from bus stop #1:

DSCN0697.jpg

Went to the Settlement TP and found a sweatshirt for David.

We checked out the chairs:

DSCN0699.jpg

They are actually more comfortable than I thought they would be. But I didn't like the screen printing. Not sure how it would hold up outdoors.

Got a license plate for Dolly:

DSCN0723.jpg

We had ice cream for dinner -- okay, it's sugar free and we're on vacation! We were still too full from that huge lunch to eat a meal. Then we took Kassie looping on DeeDee for awhile.

DSCN0698.jpg

The 700 loop was still full. Every day or so someone would leave, but within a few hours someone else would arrive.

DSCN0702.jpg

It had been a great day.

Next up -- a sad day but a great surprise!

Tuesday, March 13 – A Sad Day but a Great Surprise! -- Part 1

Our last full day at WDW. We got up early and did some cleaning in preparation for leaving in the morning. Had breakfast at TE one last time.

DSCN0705.jpg

DSCN0813.jpg

DSCN0713.jpg

DSCN0714.jpg

DSCN0716.jpg

And then we headed over to the Magic Kingdom. I just love this sign:

20120313MKplaque.jpg

Oh, it was crowded! Got FPs for Peter Pan, then rode the Peoplemover. Posted wait times:

DSCN0804.jpg

HM - 40 minutes

POTC - 45 minutes

And these were the short lines!

DSCN0791.jpg

But wait! Lucky us! Look at that -- a few people are walking into the Fantasyland expansion! So off we went.

Unfortunately I forgot to change my camera settings from indoor to outdoor. So I had to photoshop several of these pics and they still aren't great.

But hey, I think I'm the first fiend to post their own photos of this, so here goes!

The train station:

DSCN0776.jpg

DSCN0767.jpg

DSCN0777.jpg

DSCN0778.jpg

The Barnstormer:

DSCN0779.jpg

DSCN0764.jpg

DSCN0782.jpg

Dumbo:

DSCN0781.jpg

DSCN0780.jpg

DSCN0783.jpg

I loved the CM costumes:

DSCN0784.jpg

We used our PP FPs, stopped by the Emporium to buy Lucas a Buzz Lightyear for his birthday, and left the park.

DSCN0793.jpg

Aah, back home:

DSCN0809.jpg

DSCN0810.jpg

DSCN0811.jpg

DSCN0812.jpg