When Stef Wishes Upon A Starr

Time for some goofy pics! (not literally Goofy, I told you this wasn't a Disney report)

In between bands, beers, food and numerous port-a-john visits, we hung around laughing and people watching.

One of my favorite pics:

SOTWBBSApril2012079.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012275.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012276.jpg

At this point, Genia is feeling no pain and is getting frisky. :))

SOTWBBSApril2012270.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012272.jpg

Alice took this picture just to document that she was not the only black person at this festival. :siren:

SOTWBBSApril2012273.jpg

The sun is starting to go down and the area around the stage is filling up.

SOTWBBSApril2012081.jpg

BBS merchandise tent, where I dropped some serious $$.

SOTWBBSApril2012080.jpg

The final opening band was the Tyler Hammond Band. For some reason their music was way too loud and drowned out their voices.

SOTWBBSApril2012084.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012085.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012086.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012088.jpg

They finished up and I was getting excited for Blackberry Smoke to hit the stage! I even stopped drinking at that point because I didn't want to miss and/or forget one second of the show.

I guess I wasn't the only one excited, as the swarms of crowds moved in.

SOTWBBSApril2012094.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012095.jpg

Well maybe Alice wasn't too excited, she was nodding out in this picture. ::)

SOTWBBSApril2012096.jpg

I decided I'd better make one last potty run before the show. Genia & Tony accompanied me. Poor Genia was tore up, from the floor up!

When I came out of the port-a-john, she was waiting on me and I told her that I was sure I had just caught an STD in there. :mellow: I should have just found a nice bush. YUCK!

When Tony came out, Genia decides to pick me up in a firemans carry. In other words, I had a face full of Genia ass. How she didn't kill us both, I don't know. There was a lot of swaying & bobbing going on, but we survived and made it back to our seats.

The show is about to start, I have given everyone instructions on who's taking pictures, who's video recording and who's just concentrating on staying upright (Genia :hah: )

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Tony came out, Genia decides to pick me up in a firemans carry. In other words, I had a face full of Genia ass. How she didn't kill us both, I don't know. There was a lot of swaying & bobbing going on, but we survived and made it back to our seats.

The show is about to start, I have given everyone instructions on who's taking pictures, who's video recording and who's just concentrating on staying upright (Genia :hah: )

And this explains my back the next morning. :banghead:

But did you respect me the next morning? :hugs2:

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

If PCP/Acid have flashbacks like this TR, I'm NEVER doing it! NEVER! :clint:

Great update, Stef!

I cant wait to see the photos/video of Blackberry Smoke's performance.

Although something tells me that the may have been some technical difficulties after all the pre-game activities.

I think it will be cool if this band takes off, and you were a fan from the beginning. I think I told you my little sister has been a ZBB fan from very early on, and used to hang out with the ZBB and see them in venues like you are doing with Blackberry Smoke.

TCD

But did you respect me the next morning? :hugs2:

Yes Dear :clint:

Let's move along.....

As you can probably imagine I took a ton of pictures, but I will not bore you with them all. BBS's roadie guy finished setting up and came out and stood by us.

SOTWBBSApril2012116.jpg

And then the boys came out!

Charlie Starr, and Britt Turner on the drums: (stage lights play havoc with my camera. Charlie is a blonde ??? )

SOTWBBSApril2012114.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012126.jpg

Brandon on the keyboards:

SOTWBBSApril2012115.jpg

Richard Turner on bass guitar ( He & the drummer are brothers)

SOTWBBSApril2012286.jpg

Charlie & Paul, who we met earlier:

SOTWBBSApril2012118.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012117.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012127.jpg

As if I wasn't excited enough, they then announced a special guest. Born & raised in Thomaston Georgia.........

Coy Bowles from the Zac Brown Band!!

SOTWBBSApril2012119.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012121.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012122.jpg

The music kicked ass, the crowd went wild and it was a perfect ending to a great evening!

I am now freezing cold, my voice is gone and I feel a headache coming on, but we can't leave yet. To top it all off the low battery light on my camera starts to blink. :banghead:

I give the drunken one Genia my camera and tell her to take photos of my meeting or at least go until it died.

I put Alice in charge of pics with her camera and gave Trevor the video camera to ensure that this would be documented.

In fact, in this shot I am telling the three of them that if they screwed this up, I was beating all of their asses.

SOTWBBSApril2012130.jpg

I must give full credit to my photographer Genia, for these lovely head shots.

SOTWBBSApril2012131.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012132.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012135.jpg

It was finally my turn! I got my picture with Charlie, he asked where we came from, where we'd seen them before...blah, blah, blah. They were all super sweet southern gentlemen.

The poor guy looked up to get the picture and I had an entourage! 2 cameras flashing and a video recording. I looked way more important than I really am. :)

I wasn't sure why I was making this face until I watched the video. I was chewing gum and Genia caught me mid-chew! Go figure.

SOTWBBSApril2012138copy.jpg

But Alice got a better one. Well except for the beady little drunken eyes.

SOTWBBSApril2012289.jpg

I then made my way down the table.

SOTWBBSApril2012139.jpg

I prefer to think they were all laughing WITH me, than AT me. -_-

SOTWBBSApril2012288.jpg

I told Paul "I got a pic with the little one!" and he laughed. In the back right is Trey, their PR guy.

SOTWBBSApril2012141.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012290.jpg

Ahhh! What a night!

We gave hugs & kisses to Tony & Genia and made it back to our hotel around 12:30. Stripped and jumped in bed.

Tomorrow morning, we load up and ask Tom to take us back to the Sunshine State.

I have a few pics from the ride home, and pics of all the goodies that I brought back and that'll be a wrap.

I cant wait to see the photos/video of Blackberry Smoke's performance.

Although something tells me that the may have been some technical difficulties after all the pre-game activities.

TCD

Funny you should mention that.......... ^_^

I have 3 videos from that evening.

1. The first is at the hotel about to leave, Alice turns it on and doesn't know how to turn it off. I come along and mutter/slur something and it goes off!

2. The second one Trevor starts filming them playing, then YELLS "Ya can't see em!" and shuts it off. Funny I can see them fine in the 30 seconds he did get.

3. He did redeem himself on the last one though and documented my meeting. I will see if I can post it.

You had told me about your sis and that was the main reason I hung around. Every show gets bigger and bigger and I'm afraid they will be out of touch soon. As much as I want them to succeed, I like seeing them in these small venues and getting the chance to meet with them. Guess I can't have it both ways. :(

Looks like a fun concert!

It was a blast!

Tickets= $15.00

Hotel= $55.00

Round trip gas in Jeep= $120.00 :banghead:

I say go laughing with you! Glad you had such a great night!!

Thanks doodle. I think they were laughing at the fact that Charlie isn't much bigger than I am.

I'll bet it was nervous laughter.

He looks a little scared in this photo!

TCD

I have that effect on people. :blush:

You have pics of your Port-A-Jon STD already?

:clint:

:rotfl5: I picked up some antibiotics on the ride home.

We had a blast!

We stayed through Sunday and our camping was a total of $35 for the week-end. Our tickets were $25/each for the entire week-end. So for $85 and the diesel for the RV, it was so worth it. And I'm not going to calcuate the fuel costs. :batman:

On Saturday they had more bands, events for the kids and a great selection of BBQ. They had a People's choice , where you could get 24 one ounce tastings of the BBQ, for $8. That was a deal.

We met some of the guys that put together this event. They are good ole Southern boys just looking to have a great time and help out the volunteer fire departments. Some of the nicest guys I have met in a while. The rowdiest person I saw, was on Saturday and he was dancing and having a good time right in front of the stage. And the sun and beer took care of him over time, and LE wasn't called.

In fact on Saturday we met some of the locals and had a blast. Didn't hurt we shared some Charlston, SC Firefly offerings. :jumpforjoy

They couldn't believe we traveled from Charleston, SC to attend. I let them know about the BBS Fl stalker and her trip and they still couldn't believe it.

So if you are looking for a relaxing festival to enjoy music and BBQ, I would recommend this festival in a skinny minute. The guys told us it was the first full week-end of April each year. I doubt we will be able to make it next year, since it conflicts with work. In fact the only reason we were able to go this year, was I had already scheduled Friday off to attend early morning service with family.

I doubt we will be able to make it next year, since it conflicts with work. .

Unacceptable! You have a year to beg off from work.

Looks like a great time!

It WAS great Gwen! Thanks for reading, we're almost done.

Stef, never met you in person, but the sweatshirt you are wearing is just too cute. It doesn't matter who you are, anyone who meets you when you are wearing that can't help but think..."awe.....so cute"

:blush: Aww thanks Brandy. That's my Yoda Sweatshirt that I got in Hollywood Studios. It's funny to watch people trying to read it without being noticed. It's a great conversation starter.

We'll just have to fix that "never met in person" thing. I'm not always a drunk groupie.....sometimes I'm just a drunk! :rofl2:

Kidding! During the week, my body is a temple, but on the weekends it's an amusement park!

Thanks for reading along.

Loved the TR, Stef!

Thanks for reading Rita!

That beer & video camera video had me wondering what we'd see. Great TR so far.

Not a good combo! ::)

Do you have any other BBS stalking fan trips planned?

I'm hoping Dave! >:D