When Stef Wishes Upon A Starr

Ok folks, this gig is up. (Gig = band speak :)) )

We woke up Saturday morning around 7:00 to start our journey home.

Trevor didn't do too bad of a job parking last night.....

SOTWBBSApril2012144.jpg

The sun was just coming up.

SOTWBBSApril2012143.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012145.jpg

We all got our showers and prepared for the ride.

SOTWBBSApril2012147.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012146.jpg

After a quick stop at McDonalds for coffee, we were rolling through Georgia yet again.

SOTWBBSApril2012149.jpg

Here we have more pecan trees.

SOTWBBSApril2012148.jpg

And right behind them, peach trees.

SOTWBBSApril2012150.jpg

I had to break into singing some Brooks & Dunn whenever I saw this.

SOTWBBSApril2012155.jpg

It's where I drank my first beer.

It's where I found Jesus.

Where I wrecked my first car:

I tore it all to pieces.

I learned the path to Heaven,

Is full of sinners and believers.

Learned that happiness on earth,

Ain't just for high achievers.

I've learned, I come to know,

There's life at both ends,

Of that red dirt road.

On the way up we saw the huge confederate flag, but on the way home we were treated to an equally large American flag.

SOTWBBSApril2012156.jpg

Here is the world's largest peanut monument...how do I know that?

http://www.roadsidea....com/story/2071

SOTWBBSApril2012157.jpg

Open roads and water towers.

SOTWBBSApril2012152.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012158.jpg

We stopped off for a gas up/potty/snack break. You must have snacks when driving!

SOTWBBSApril2012159.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012160.jpg

SOTWBBSApril2012161.jpg

We're back in Florida!

SOTWBBSApril2012162.jpg

There was some kind of fire in north Florida and visibility was horrible for quite a few miles.

SOTWBBSApril2012163.jpg

Right around Gainesville, it cleared up and I knew we were close to home.

SOTWBBSApril2012164.jpg

Finally our exit! Only about 25 miles to go.

SOTWBBSApril2012165.jpg

We made it home around 2:00 pm. Not too shabby.

Here's all the goodies I brought home.

My Smoke On The Water festival shirt, which I wore on the drive home. All the bands that appeared are listed on the back in the shape of a guitar.

SOTWBBSApril2012166.jpg

Genia brought me some SC cigars, another bottle of Nanner pudding, some beer coozies and a Jeff Foxworthy baby bottle.

SOTWBBSApril2012167.jpg

Thanks Geena & Tiny! :wave1:

And last, but certainly not least, here's where all my money went.

SOTWBBSApril2012168.jpg

And my signed by the whole band DVD insert!! :heart:

SOTWBBSApril2012169.jpg

Thanks to all that followed along, and all the great comments. Til my next excursion...........

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great report Stef!!

And thank you for posting the link explaining that peanut tower. Every time I drive by that I always try to make a mental note to research it when I get home. And I always forget. So now I know it's story!

You really do learn some very important things from FF.net trip reports.

I love that website Dave!! You can find all sorts of weird stuff and let's face it....I'm in to some weird stuff.

Great TR!! It's just like you, short and interesting... :rofl2:

Thanks Gary, I think that's the nicest thing you've ever said about me!

Great report, Stef. Glad you had such a good time!

Great report!! :jumpforjoy

Thanks a lot you guys. It takes a certain type of person to enjoy my crazy ramblings. :heart:

I think it will be cool if this band takes off, and you were a fan from the beginning. I think I told you my little sister has been a ZBB fan from very early on, and used to hang out with the ZBB and see them in venues like you are doing with Blackberry Smoke.

Ok, I am going to seriously date myself here. I was a fan of Garth Brooks when he played the free stage at the Plant City Strawberry Festival. A few months later you would have paid a fortune to get nosebleed seats in some football domed stadium.

It is really cool seeing a big star before they hit it big.

Awesome report. Looks like a GRAND time was had by all!

that was a great TR Stef.

Thanks for hanging in there, and commenting along!

Ok, I am going to seriously date myself here. I was a fan of Garth Brooks when he played the free stage at the Plant City Strawberry Festival. A few months later you would have paid a fortune to get nosebleed seats in some football domed stadium.

Well I guess you just dated me too as I remember when Garth was just getting started. I enjoy rooting for the newcomers. The music industry is so tough to be successful in.

These guys have played with Kid Rock, ZZ Top, Shooter Jennings, Lynyrd Skynyrd....and still haven't made it big. I truly hope that now that they are signed with Zac Brown, they will rise to the top.

Great TR!!! :jumpforjoy

Thanks again for letting Tony and I join in on the madness. :heart:

Until...October. :clint:

No thanks needed! I was so happy that you guys made it. I know I made Tony blush a few times. I hope he doesn't think I'm completely insane. :hah:

I will be on my bestest behavior in October.................. NOT! LaughingSmiley.gif

Stef-

Excellent job, as usual.

And, I think Trevor did a great job parking the jeep. It is clearly in between the lines. I think.

Scot-

I don't think that dates you at all, and it reminded me that the TCD girls got to see Taylor Swift at the Strawberry Festival one year, and then we had to pay big bucks to see her in a sold out arena in Tampa the next. But the cool part of this story is the year before the Strawberry Festival appearance, my oldest DD saw Taylor in one of the small theaters at the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center. After the show, she and her friend sought out Taylor's tour bus, and were invited in for a visit by Taylor.

It absolutely is a fun thing to be able to say you were a fan from the beginning. I hope that happens with BBS and Stef.

TCD

But the cool part of this story is the year before the Strawberry Festival appearance, my oldest DD saw Taylor in one of the small theaters at the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center. After the show, she and her friend sought out Taylor's tour bus, and were invited in for a visit by Taylor.

My DD will be so jealous! I tried to get her some of those nosebleed domed stadium tickets to no avail.

Stef,

Awesome TR and I think you have found something pretty cool with this band. Oh, we'll just keep this dated stuff between us and a few fiends! ;)

Stef-

Excellent job, as usual.

It absolutely is a fun thing to be able to say you were a fan from the beginning. I hope that happens with BBS and Stef.

TCD

Thank you kind sir! :heartsmiley:

Stef,

Awesome TR and I think you have found something pretty cool with this band. Oh, we'll just keep this dated stuff between us and a few fiends! ;)

Thanks Scot, the good thing is there is always someone older here! :))

If you don't mind me asking, what part of Georgia are you in? I absolutely love it there (Minus Atlanta, sorry if that's where you are)

Do you love it, hate it, been there all your life?

Thank you kind sir! :heartsmiley:

Thanks Scot, the good thing is there is always someone older here! :))

If you don't mind me asking, what part of Georgia are you in? I absolutely love it there (Minus Atlanta, sorry if that's where you are)

Do you love it, hate it, been there all your life?

We are in Kennesaw which is a northwest suburb of ATL. But it has some strong country roots. I am actually a Florida boy, born and grew up in Cocoa Beach. We moved up here about 12 years ago. At first we really loved it here. The more time has gone by it is not quite as shiny as it once was. I am fortunate that I work close to home but DW has to deal with the dreaded commute. However, we really miss Florida and the Florida Resident Discounts :rofl3: . After our kids move out, we almost certainly are coming back.

I know where Kennesaw is! I just looked into my next stalking mission. :)) BBS is doing a FREE concert in Woodstock City park on June 9th. I just looked into hotels around that area.

:waycool:

I know where Kennesaw is! I just looked into my next stalking mission. :)) BBS is doing a FREE concert in Woodstock City park on June 9th. I just looked into hotels around that area.

:waycool:

Too Cool! I guess will just have to meet up.