We will be going on our first trip to the fort in 28 days. I have a few questions. How easy is it to get strollers on and off the buses and can you take the strollers in the lines on the rides, is there a place to park them at the actual rides. Are you allowed food and drinks to be taken into the parks and how much,And finally if i am going to be in the parks the majority of the time do you recommend a golf cart. Thanks in advance for the responses.

Strollers- You can't take them in the ride lines but can in most character lines. We rode the boat to the MK because a stroller on there is easy, and drove everywhere else because you park free when you are staying at a Disney resort. The busses sit low though, so I think a stroller would be pretty easy.

Food- You can take as much food and drink in as you want as long as it's in a soft cooler and non-alcoholic. No straws at AK. We stored ours in the bottom of the stroller.

Golf cart- We got one from Kenny, and it was nice because we had some Fort only days, came back for breaks, and were back semi-early most nights. You don't HAVE to have one though, especially depending on where your site is.

You're allowed to bring your own food/drinks into the parks - just nothing in glass and no alcohol.

Small coolers are allowed - but nothing on wheels that you pull behind you.

As for the golf cart...

If you're not going to have any/much Fort time, you can probably do without. Disney transport will definitely get you where you need to go.

That said, I personally prefer hopping on the golf cart going to/from the marina and outpost bus stop to catching a bus there. And as noted above, you'll need to fold your stroller up for bus rides.

If it helps, we've got info on Golf Cart rentals from offsite, which will save you quite a bit over a Disney rental, on this page...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/golf-cart-rentals-disney-fort-wilderness-and-r100

If you don't have to don't take the buses. It is unbelievably faster to drive back & forth to all the parks. Last year we tried the buses once just for the heck of it. We drove to epcot but needed to leave for while. So we figured the kids might like the buses. It took more than 30min for the bus to show up at epcot. Then once to the fort you need to catch another bus back to your loop. We take the boat to MK but other than that we drive.

We usually bring snacks & water for the kids but that's about it. Everything else we get at the parks.

I assume you have little kids as we do. Even though we drive to the parks we still rent a cart. Most of our time is spent at MK & we don't get back to the fort until after the fireworks. It is fantastic to just hop in your cart & shoot to our camper after a long day. The kids are usually wiped out & we can get them to bed pretty quick & eliminate a lot of aggravation. That alone makes it more than worth it to me. We rented from www.alumacarsuncity.com/ last year which is listed on the link Monique posted. They were fantastic & I loved that we were renting from a fellow fiend.

Looks like most of your questions have already been answered, with the exception of is there stroller parking at the rides. The answer is basically "yes"...but not outside every ride. There are generally designated stroller parking areas throughout the parks, including in the vicinity of each ride. Some areas have stroller parking that serves several rides and attractions, but you never have to park the stroller very far from where you want to go.

Stroller - pretty much covered

Food - My family packs a lunch and snacks and then normally eats dinner back and the camper (we are cheap). We have packed PB&J, Ham sandwiches, Turkey sandwiches, chips, pop, juices boxes (not allowed at AK), bottled water, snack crackers, etc. We would come back to the MH about 4 PM and cook dinner and put the kids down for a nap if needed, then head back to a park for the rest of the night (we had PH's so we might do one park in the day time and a different one at night).

GC - We haven't rented one yet and probably won't again this year.

You can also walk from your campsite to the marina or outpost. We stay in the 1700 loop and that is what we do. That way we don't have to fold up the stroller and it's good exercise too!!!!!

We also take food and bottled water with us to the parks. That's one of the things that is great about Disney. There are some amusement parks that don't allow this.

We have never rented a golf cart. Usually we will walk or ride our bikes.

Have a great time!!!

My stroller tip - yes, there is parking areas for strollers near the rides. Since people are constantly taking their strollers and going, the cast members are always re-arranging the strollers. SO, bring something along to make it easy to identify your stroller. I used decorating ribbon on the handle. Others use bandanas or balloons.

Have a great trip!

My stroller tip - yes, there is parking areas for strollers near the rides. Since people are constantly taking their strollers and going, the cast members are always re-arranging the strollers. SO, bring something along to make it easy to identify your stroller. I used decorating ribbon on the handle. Others use bandanas or balloons.

This is a great tip. The first time that happened to me, I was convinced someone had taken our stroller. INC laughed long and hard at me over that one. She was like "who in their right mind would take our filthy stroller?"

Darn stroller moving CM's made me look like a fool! :argh:

:rofl2:

This is a great tip. The first time that happened to me, I was convinced someone had taken our stroller. INC laughed long and hard at me over that one. She was like "who in their right mind would take our filthy stroller?"

Darn stroller moving CM's made me look like a fool! :argh:

:rofl2:

Also note if you don't park your stroller in a designated stroller parking area it may be moved to one (just look for an area with 50 to 100 strollers yours will probably be there).

I've done one trip with a stroller aged kid. That was the most frustrating trip I've ever been on. This little guy was a squirmy toddler that we found out didn't do really well in lines. So we spent lots of time hunting for short lines that he would tolerate. Then find a place to park the stroller, get in line, keep him contained, then after the attraction, go hunt down the stroller.

Not my cup of tea. I am counting my blessings that we waited till our boys were much older for their first trip.

When I had a squirmy toddler, I put him on a leash. My rule was, either stay in the stroller, or wear the leash. Otherwise, we will go home. He knew I meant it, as I always carry through with my threats. :))

I also dress everyone the same for any "field trips". Our first trip to MK, they children all had yellow shirts, red shorts, and white hats. They all had a fanny pack on with a laminated card in it with our cell phone numbers, and the name and number of an emergency contact. First thing we did in MK was show the children the name tags all CM's have to wear. We told them that if Mommy and Daddy get lost, find a cast member to help you find them. After that, I could relax and have a fun day.

Our next trip, I was more laid back and we lost my 9yo twice! :rofl3:

Ou next trip, I was more laid back and we lost my 9yo twice! :rofl3:

Haha!! This is great!!

Steve is usually wrong about everything at WDW, but in this case, I agree with him. Don't use the buses especially if you have a Hummer sized stroller and annoying screaming kids.

Lou, I swear, talking to you in person and reading your posts have a very interesting contrast.