I am beginning to realize what a great deal FW campsite prices are. All other campgrounds charge a per person fee usually if your party is over 4 people, and there are 9 of us!!!! Adding those extra fees at campgrounds is getting the prices right up there with Disney's prices and they don't have nearly the amount of amenties that FW offers. What is the deal with charging extra? On KOA's websites, they won't even let us book anything. They say our party size is too big for any of their sites. What are we supposed to do? Book another site and not use it just so we can "fit"? :o Ugh, I'm annoyed.

I am beginning to realize what a great deal FW campsite prices are.

People like to gripe about the rates at the Fort, but when push comes to shove, most would agree with you after analyzing it.

Some high end campgrounds in other parts of FL charge almost as much.

The Fort is not just another great campground, it's a great campground at WDW and that makes it unique.

As a PT staffer for a KOA, I can see why they charge what they do. Most of the ammenities at our CG are free to use, with only a couple of exceptions. The people just passing through, for example, are not using the jumping pillow or riding the pedal carts, so from their point of view, why should their site fee include them? As far as the number of people, the more people in the party the more they will be using the facilities and ammenities. That does mean that larger parties are more expensive for them to host, so they usually do charge more.

As far as the total number of people, the computer will have a limit. After all, they don't want 20 people pitching tents around the same RV site. If you want some good advice on making reservations, ALWAYS call the CG to do this. They know the CG, the terrain, the pros and cons of each site, and they can override the computer to do what they need. That is something that the toll-free number or the KOA website can't do for you.

They have to strike a (hopefully) happy medium between charging too much for the site and nickel-and-diming you to death once you're there. They do have to generate their own revenues, since they don't get tax dollars like state or federal parks.

People like to gripe about the rates at the Fort, but when push comes to shove, most would agree with you after analyzing it.

The Fort is not just another great campground, it's a great campground at WDW and that makes unique.

When we checked short term rates, under 30 days for Jan, the better parks around Sarasota where more than the FORT.

We camp often at KOA and always enjoy it. We have a membership which saves us 10%. But nothing compares to the Fort.

I recently found out we could camp for one whole month at a campground in Pigeon/Forge for $550. Not bad. But we still have to have a car to visit other places while there. We don't at Disney.....except for trips to the grocery store and Wal Mart.

The Fort is not just another great campground, it's a great campground at WDW and that makes unique.

Well put!!! I wouldn't change a thing.

After reading this topic I decided to look at a campground in Ocean City, MD and they charge $86 per night for June to Labor Day for 2 adults. Additional adults are $12, kids 11 to 17 are $6 and you have to pay either $12 visitors. Also, you are limited to 6 people per site. Even with the price of gas, I would much rather go to The Fort.