Here We Go, Things Are Picking Up

AoAR is much to big to share buses.

Ahh, but they're not on the same route when it counts most.

The 3 All-Stars have separate buses to and from the parks during peak opening and closing times.

That's why you're MagicBus not me--I couldn't remember whether it was peak or not

I've got friends and family who really aren't able to go when school is in session either.

What I've told them is if they can swing even a couple of days off, Thanksgiving week is really not that bad for a holiday week.

For starters, it's really only crowded Weds-early Sunday, and the crowds are still really nowhere near peak levels. For some reason MK seems to be the busiest on Thanksgiving day, but otherwise it's really not terrible.

And since most kids are off at least half that week anyway... and as a holiday week kids don't generally have a lot of heavy-duty stuff going on that week...

Might be a good compromise option for some folks that don't want their kids to fall behind, but would rather not battle the peak-season crowds.... or the heat!

You should ALL head to WDW in the next few months and sweat your butts off... then load your stinky selves onto Lou's bus and sit as close to him as you can.

Luckily because I'm done for the day by the time large numbers of people are leaving the parks, I don't have to deal with that.

I've paid my dues when it comes to emptying the parks though.

I get them mostly when they're clean, in a good mood and ready to start their day

Can we hug him if we are all stinky and sweaty?

I don't hug even if you're not sweaty.

We aren't real crazy about exposing the boys to the Gay Days.

I understand your concern.

If we avoid the parks they are scheduled to be at are the other parks pretty safe?

I've never been in the parks during Gay Days, so I can't give you any feedback on that.

I would think that if it were bad, I would have heard something by now, and I haven't.

As for what I've observed outside the parks, it just appears to be two people hanging out together.

I would assume the Fort is not a hot spot for gatherings.

I've not heard otherwise.

I would not worry about the gay days. They don't have an agenda about being up in your face with public displays of affection.

Husband brought trailer home tonight. Got my eldest son's clothes already packed inside. I will get it all done soon other than food. We are definite go for camping at Disney. It will be great to meet Fiends in real life.

I think I can get a hug out of a certain grumpy bug. I'm bringing apple pie. Do you prefer the crust or crumb top layer?

Bobby says they are mobilizing a fleet of retired pickups to handle any overflow from the crowds unable to use regular Disney transportation. Just jump on the back hillbilly style.

Was just there this past weekend, Thursday wasn't bad FW was also very empty.Friday started to get busy and 1600-1700-1800 loops filled up in back. They kept 1900 as open as possible because they are cutting down pine trees and stump grinding. Maybe a beetle infestation? Pool was nice on Thursday but we didn't go near it on Fri-Sun. Too crowded. 1600-1700 loops filled all the way up over the weekend. Parks seemed fuller as well.

That's what makes it nice having seasonal passes. When the parks get full and HOT we don't go.

That's what makes it nice having seasonal passes.

You do save money buying the Seasonal Pass, but if you want to save another $90, and you're able to go during the week, the "Weekday Select Pass" is a good idea.

It has the same blackout dates as the Seasonal Pass, plus the weekends are blacked out.

Went once in July never again. Way too hot!. We would take our son out in high school for about 8 days and we had always taken the granddaughter out of school in late January early February, love that time in Florida. Now that she's in Junior high it's harder with sports and homework.

Not till the months end with r

Don't let all these off-season fiends fool you Annie. The reason those months end in r is b/c that's the noise everyone makes heading back from the pool/hot tub on the golf cart. :shh: If you listen really hard you can hear it over the chattering of teeth...

brrrrrrr