Here We Go, Things Are Picking Up

Crowd levels at the parks are picking up.

The Art of Animation resort is opening later this month and it's bus stops at the parks are ready to go. Lots of new buses and drivers have been added to handle the load.

Fantasyland stuff is coming online.

The weather is getting hotter, it's getting very exciting.

Summer time is the longest busy stretch at WDW. While it's just a tad less busy than the spring break period, it lasts much longer. Can't wait.

Come on down and ride the Magic Bus with me.

Kids can't miss school.

Sorry Annie, but I never bought the " kids can't miss school" reason.

We always went when it was a good time to go and pulled the kids out of school.

Didn't seem to have any effect whatsoever. They're all bright, successful adults today and sn't that the bottom line?

So Lou, do I page you when I need a ride to a park for early magic hours?

Sure, call away. I just won't answer.

Crowd levels at the parks are picking up.

The Art of Animation resort is opening later this month and it's bus stops at the parks are ready to go. Lots of new buses and drivers have been added to handle the load.

Fantasyland stuff is coming online.

The weather is getting hotter, it's getting very exciting.

Summer time is the longest busy stretch at WDW. While it's just a tad less busy than the spring break period, it lasts much longer. Can't wait.

Boy, who pumped sunshine up your butt?

Last week I had to get a new cell phone. The lady who waited on me was a riot. When she pulled up my contacts to make sure they were all reloaded, who's name did she click on?

Magicbus!

She laughed and said "ya'll are hashish smokers aren't you?" :rofl2:

I almost died, and had to explain about FF, and Lou the Disney busdriver. Not sure if she believed it, as she replied

"Back in my day, Magicbus meant something entirely different!" :animated-smileys-character-024:

Lou,

I am praying you have a cool, safe summer and that all the guests on your bus are cheerful! :purpleflam: (The dancing flamingo is just for my 5yo, who wanted to add a smilie to this post and picked this one!) :thewave1: (OK, now she likes this one too. i better hit post now!! LOL)

Sorry Annie, but I never bought the " kids can't miss school" reason.

We always went when it was a good time to go and pulled the kids out of school.

Didn't seem to have any effect whatsoever. They're all bright, successful adults today and sn't that the bottom line?

When it is the husband who doesn't want the kids to miss school, I have to pick my priorities. Suffer the heat at home or at Disney. I pick going in the summer time.

When it is the husband who doesn't want the kids to miss school, I have to pick my priorities. Suffer the heat at home or at Disney. I pick going in the summer time.

Get him to go in the off season once and he would never go back during peak again. As a kid we went summer/school breaks (my mom was a teacher). We took my son down in 2006 in December, and son and daughter week after Thanksgiving in 2009. I don't know that I will ever go back to Disney during a peak season again.

Get him to go in the off season once and he would never go back during peak again. As a kid we went summer/school breaks (my mom was a teacher). We took my son down in 2006 in December, and son and daughter week after Thanksgiving in 2009. I don't know that I will ever go back to Disney during a peak season again.

that is a true statement, as much as I love Disney, and Lord knows I wouldnt turn down a free trip during the summer, but If i'm going to pay, going in the off seasons.. Halloween is the best time ever in my humble opinion... hard with the kiddos but so far it's worked out ok

I wish. When that man has made up his mind, nothing will sway him. And since he is footing the bill, he gets final say. I love him dearly so I will just wait until the kids are gone off to college to go during the off season. That I even got him to go to Disney more than once is good enough for me. =)

I am glad for you all who can go during the off season. I bet it is a completely different experience. I look forward to the days we can do it too.

Without getting into too much personal detail, the home school and on-line school were both nixed when the children and I broached the subject. Public school personnel are a major influence on my husband, both past and current. There is no way I would win that battle. Maybe if our school system wasn't so good I could. But we have people who drive their kids over an hour to come to our schools. They have great programs for those who are academically ahead so it works for us for now.

I am considering leaving the kiddos home with Dad the week after Thanksgiving to do a girls' vacation in 2013. But I'm not sure I could do it any sooner. I like having the kids with me and it is my issue that I can't do Disney without them. Course that may change if teenage attitude rears it's ugly head on this trip. :rofl2: Some body may be having a Disney trip without the Disney.

I assumed that Art of Animation Resort would be on the same bus route as Pop Century

AoAR is much to big to share buses.

since all of the All Star Resorts are on the same route.

Ahh, but they're not on the same route when it counts most.

The 3 All-Stars have separate buses to and from the parks during peak opening and closing times.